PDA

View Full Version : Mildly interesting article

wayninja
12-12-2011, 12:22 AM
I thought this was pretty cool. I doubt Cam Newton approaches the game this way.

Demaryius Thomas suffered as much as any of the Broncos in the first three quarters. After dropping a touchdown from Tebow in the third quarter, Thomas returned to the huddle with his head down and his ego shaken.

“Get your head up,” Tebow said in a commanding tone. “Don’t worry about it. You’re going to catch the game-winner.”

Full:
http://www.gazette.com/sports/tebow-130043-ramsey-earlier.html

Joel
12-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Yeah, but don't miss the point of that article. Tebow is showing he understands there's no reason to be MIA until the fourth quarter, but our receivers definitely have not. It's not fair or wise to make the D and McGahee keep playing their guts out entire games and keep people snickering about Tebows "inaccuracy" because our WRs don't take their mittens off until there's 5:00 left in regulation (or in this case, 3:00.) They've done that two weeks straight now, and one of these days Tebow or the D or someone is going to come up a little bit short. Heck, 3 of the last 7 games we won were in OT; they're BARELY getting it done now. There is NO margin for error, against teams like the Vikings, Dolphins and Chargers, against a Bears team whose best offensive player gave us the game by running out of bounds at the end of regulation and fumbling the ball away in OT.

Sure, I'm thrilled to hear our QB say it's Broncos Time, not Tebow Time, but Broncos Time needs to start before the two minute warning, because the Pats won't let us squeak out a win next week, and neither will any other playoff team that doesn't have all its starters watching the game in casts.