12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
**** HOGE!

SoDE-ETP7WU

Northman
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
yea saw this earlier today. too funny.

wayninja
12-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, but worth re-posting a good cap. The ones today were amateurish at best... I mean, this is 2011... who bootlegs TV?

catfish
12-11-2011, 09:30 PM
I just want to smack that cocky little smirk off his face, what the **** has he ever done to think he is all that

Dreadnought
12-11-2011, 09:31 PM
"How come they din't do that when the other guy was Quarterback!!!!!!!!!"

LMMFAO! Screw you, Hoge, you hack, you poison reptile, you 3rd rater, you turdburglar! What a joke that idiot is

catfish
12-11-2011, 09:33 PM

LMMFAO! Screw you, Hoge, you hack, you toad, you 3rd rater, you turdburglar! What a joke that idiot is

I think Hoge is lucky Ditka wasn't in the room...I have a feeling Hoge is as much of an arrogant ***** in real life as he is on TV...my guess from the way Ditka talks to him is that ole Mike isn't Hoge's biggest fan

wayninja
12-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Hoge gives all credit to the O-line... not really a shining spot for us today, wonder what his excuse will be tomorrow? Luck? Divine intervention? Magnetic pole shift? Opposing teams mistake?

Probably all of the above. The choir gotta listen once in a while.

catfish
12-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Hoge gives all credit to the O-line... not really a shining spot for us today, wonder what his excuse will be tomorrow? Luck? Divine intervention? Magnetic pole shift? Opposing teams mistake?

Probably all of the above. The choir gotta listen once in a while.

it will be back to defense( a more valid argument at least)

Dreadnought
12-11-2011, 09:38 PM
it will be back to defense( a more valid argument at least)

Agreed. Plus Prater, and yes, those two deserve massive props today.

FanInAZ
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
"How come they din't do that when the other guy was Quarterback!!!!!!!!!".

Because Elway was jealous of Orton and was afraid that he would erase all of his Bronco's QB records and supplant him as the most beloved Bronco of all-time.

Northman
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Its because Tebow makes the team better than they are.....

Simple Jaded
12-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Hoge is still 100% correct. Ditka's reaction, on the other hand, is typical of Tebow/Gator fans when analysts don't go out of their way to slobber all over a QB with more flaws than your average backup.......

TXBRONC
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
The guy is a jerk and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

broncobryce
Classic. Hoge is lucky Mike wasn't there in the studio with him, he would have lit his ass up.

Dzone
Just watched that. Thanks! It was great. Is it me, or does Hoge have a kinda white pasty made up look like those Vampires in those Vampire movies? Like he has his make up people cake it on. He looked creepy there, especially when he was getting told off for being an idiot.

BORDERLINE
12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
HA!!! Awesome!!! LOve IT

broncobryce
12-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Hoge is still 100% correct. Ditka's reaction, on the other hand, is typical of Tebow/Gator fans when analysts don't go out of their way to slobber all over a QB with more flaws than your average backup.......

This is brilliant analysis, you should work for ESPN!

wayninja
12-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Hoge is still 100% correct.

Uh yeah... except about almost everything he's ever said about Tebow.

turftoad
12-11-2011, 09:46 PM

LMMFAO! Screw you, Hoge, you hack, you toad, you 3rd rater, you turdburglar! What a joke that idiot is

toad Dread:confused: I resemble that remark.

Northman
12-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Hoge is a complete idiot.

Dreadnought
12-11-2011, 09:51 PM
toad Dread:confused: I resemble that remark.

Sorry, Todd, I forgot myself. How about I call Hoge a stupid venomous reptile then. is that better?

TXBRONC
12-11-2011, 09:54 PM

I disgree with you Link. Hoge is nowhere near 100% right. He's not objective in analysis. Hoge is as unobjective in his views as any Tebow/Gator that thinks Tebow can do no wrong.

chazoe60
12-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Ol' Puddin' Head has his ass handed to him. :laugh:

Timmy!
12-11-2011, 10:00 PM
**** merril hoge. **** him right in his stupid ass.

:D

eat crow loser.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Simple Jaded
12-11-2011, 10:02 PM
I disgree with you Link. Hoge is nowhere near 100% right. He's not objective in analysis. Hoge is as unobjective in his views as any Tebow/Gator that thinks Tebow can do no wrong.

I understand that what Hoge says is a touchy subject, TX, but l have yet to hear anything that isn't brutally honest and objective. The only thing keeping Hoge from saying "l told ya so" is that the Denver Broncos are winning, but frankly, the Broncos would be 8-5 and could struggling this bad on offense with just about any QB in the league.

Cards win with Skelton, Texans win with TJ Yates, yet nobody is getting carried away with the hyperbole when both are far better passers than Tebow is at this point.

Skelton and Yates don't sell like Tebow does, that's about the extent of it.......

chazoe60
12-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Link, you're funny.

Thanks for playin the part of the fool.

nevcraw
12-11-2011, 10:06 PM
I understand that what Hoge says is a touchy subject, TX, but l have yet to hear anything that isn't brutally honest and objective. The only thing keeping Hoge from saying "l told ya so" is that the Denver Broncos are winning, but frankly, the Broncos would be 8-5 and could struggling this bad on offense with just about any QB in the league.

Cards win with Skelton, Texans win with TJ Yates, yet nobody is getting carried away with the hyperbole when both are far better passers than Tebow is at this point.

Skelton and Yates don't sell like Tebow does, that's about the extent of it.......

dude your are so lost...

broncobryce
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Then why didn't the Broncos win with Orton? Refusing to give Tebow ANY credit is NOT objective.

wayninja
12-11-2011, 10:11 PM
The only thing keeping Hoge from saying "l told ya so" is that the Denver Broncos are winning, but frankly, the Broncos would be 8-5 and could struggling this bad on offense with just about any QB in the league.

Hard to say since we are only in week 9 and there hasn't been any 'other' Broncos QB's this season that might have made that argument.

TimHippo
12-11-2011, 10:13 PM

Go away, Josh McDaniel supporter.

Simple Jaded
12-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Go away, Josh McDaniel supporter.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......

Simple Jaded
12-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Hard to say since we are only in week 9 and there hasn't been any 'other' Broncos QB's this season that might have made that argument.

It's impossible to look at this team amd not see the same record regardless of who is at QB, it has been 99% defense, ST's and outstanding coaching. Tebow has mostly been a spectator during his so-called winning record.......

Simple Jaded
12-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Then why didn't the Broncos win with Orton? Refusing to give Tebow ANY credit is NOT objective.

I didn't say Tebow doesn't deserve ANY credit. But the main reason the Broncos didn't win with Ortonary is because the defense that's been carrying this team was learning a new system on the fly and had yet to gell and get healthy. Ortonary got benched for far better play than we've seen from Tebow.

Don't bother giving Tebow credit for the way the defense is playing, if anything they are motivated by the fact that the offense is mostly inept despite a hell of a running game.

The facts are there, l refuse to ignore them because it's a feel good story.......

vhatever
12-11-2011, 10:24 PM
It's impossible to look at this team amd not see the same record regardless of who is at QB, it has been 99% defense, ST's and outstanding coaching. Tebow has mostly been a spectator during his so-called winning record.......

A spectator with one of the worst receiving cores in the NFL despite having a top 10 passer rating in that time frame and bringing the broncos to #1 rushing in the NFL.

Northman
12-11-2011, 10:25 PM
I didn't say Tebow doesn't deserve ANY credit. But the main reason the Broncos didn't win with Ortonary is because the defense that's been carrying this team was learning a new system on the fly and had yet to gell and get healthy.

This is complete BS.

TXBRONC
12-11-2011, 10:30 PM

When Hoge said "It's embarrassing to think Denver can win with Tebow as their starting quarterback." Imo that it was uncalled because that's making it personal.

Link how could would be 8-5 with Kyle Orton? The record shows we were 1-4 with him as the starter. The Texans are very good football team from top to to bottom. They aren't the Packers but they're still a pretty good football team.

Again imo alone the hyperbole comes from the extremists.

Simple Jaded
12-11-2011, 10:44 PM
When Hoge said "It's embarrassing to think Denver can win with Tebow as their starting quarterback." Imo that it was uncalled because that's making it personal.

Link how could would be 8-5 with Kyle Orton? The record shows we were 1-4 with him as the starter. The Texans are very good football team from top to to bottom. They aren't the Packers but they're still a pretty good football team.

Again imo alone the hyperbole comes from the extremists.

The Broncos defense wasn't holding teams to 10, 13, 15, 17, 17 when Ortonary was QB and as thoroughly unimpressive as Ortonary was it's hard to believe that the offense couldn't struggle just as bad with Ortonary or even Quinn.

What am l missing? This offense is really bad, TX, and most QB's get benched when they play this bad.

The Broncos are a very good team top to bottom, too, regardless of who is at QB. They are no different than the Texans. Two outstanding D's and coaching staffs, except that Yates looks far better at this point.

I am no less impressed with Kubs than l am with Fox, out-frekking-standing job of coaching.......

wayninja
12-11-2011, 10:45 PM

You aren't a student of Quantum Mechanics then, I take it. I assure you, it's more than possible.

nmbroncosfan
12-11-2011, 10:49 PM
did ya'll notice Hoge has one ear that sticks out further than the other one?

wayninja
12-11-2011, 10:49 PM
The Broncos defense wasn't holding teams to 10, 13, 15, 17, 17 when Ortonary was QB and as thoroughly unimpressive as Ortonary was it's hard to believe that the offense couldn't struggle just as bad with Ortonary or even Quinn.

What am l missing? This offense is really bad, TX, and most QB's get benched when they play this bad.

The Broncos are a very good team top to bottom, too, regardless of who is at QB. They are no different than the Texans. Two outstanding D's and coaching staffs, except that Yates looks far better at this point.

I am no less impressed with Kubs than l am with Fox, out-frekking-standing job of coaching.......

Well, then. Since it's clear you are perfectly objective and have no agenda, I applaud your ability to completely ignore the 7-1 record in your scientific analysis. Very disciplined.

SoCalImport
12-11-2011, 10:51 PM
the thing I don't see Link including in his argument are all the quotes from other player and coaches about the fact that Tebow's leadership/drive/work ethic has rubbed off on other players. You can SEE IT on the sideline during the games.
Call it what you will. Tebow at QB has managed to make this team come together in a way they weren't coming together before.

dunk7
12-11-2011, 11:17 PM
the thing I don't see Link including in his argument are all the quotes from other player and coaches about the fact that Tebow's leadership/drive/work ethic has rubbed off on other players. You can SEE IT on the sideline during the games.
Call it what you will. Tebow at QB has managed to make this team come together in a way they weren't coming together before.

To Link's defense, its hard to measure intangibles. If you looked at his stats or watch only for 3 quarters, you'd think he was a below average QB at best. Sure there were drops today but still, he threw an interception, a boneheaded fumble and some bad passes.

Our defense and ST is vastly improved and IMHO winning us these games (though I'd give the Vikings games to Timmy)...is that due to a changed game plan or strictly the presence of our Savior on the sidelines or maybe its due to getting all our defensive play makers healthy. Can you say for certain?

Simple Jaded
12-11-2011, 11:27 PM
To Link's defense, its hard to measure intangibles. If you looked at his stats or watch only for 3 quarters, you'd think he was a below average QB at best. Sure there were drops today but still, he threw an interception, a boneheaded fumble and some bad passes.

Our defense and ST is vastly improved and IMHO winning us these games (though I'd give the Vikings games to Timmy)...is that due to a changed game plan or strictly the presence of our Savior on the sidelines or maybe its due to getting all our defensive play makers healthy. Can you say for certain?

I wish l could agree with you on he Vikes game, without the defensive TD and putting the game tying FG on the Vikes 15 the Vikings win that game. Even in OT when the Vikes got into FG range twice the Defense knocked them back outta range.......

Simple Jaded
12-11-2011, 11:28 PM

I'm not including it because l don't believe in fairy tales.......

Timmy!
12-11-2011, 11:34 PM

seriously?

come on man.....

Dapper Dan
12-12-2011, 12:50 AM
**** HOGE!

SoDE-ETP7WU

Thank you. I've been wanting to see this video. Much appreciated.

Dapper Dan
12-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Leadership is not a fairy tale. This team says they believe they have a chance to win when Tebow plays quarterback. Ditka was a good player and a good coach. He is far more credible than a somewhat decent FullBack at best. Hoge is trying to cover his butt because of what he said earlier in the season.

The Quarterback is an important. They will always get too much credit for a win and they will always get too much credit for a loss. The Packers caused 5 turnovers against Oakland. Yet, all I saw were people talking about Aaron Rodgers. Why? Because he is the quarterback. Ask an average fan what players they can remember from The Drive in 1986? The O Line blocked well. The receivers caught the ball. The kicker kicked the field goal. But who was in that game according to a non-Broncos or Browns fan? John Elway and Bernie Kosar.

What about the immediate impact that Tebow had against the Chargers when he came in? Did the defense suddenly learn what the were doing? What happen? What happen when it was the fourth quarter and Orton had the ball, down by 3? Nothing happen. He just couldn't get it done late in the games. This didn't have anything to do with the defense.

Also, you want to talk about other QBs success? Okay. Give me Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, or Andre Johnson. Give me a running game with Arian Foster. Tim Tebow is doing more with less. Did you see the WR drops? No. People will assume they were thrown 25 yards away from the WR because he's 'inaccurate'. If it hits your hand, you catch it. If it hits both hands and you drop it, you're not doing your job. These other quarterbacks aren't taking over bad teams who are 1-4 and turning them around.

The Quarterback will get the credit. Whether he's Tim Tebow, or whoever. The QB position is the most important position on the field.

DenBronx
12-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Trent Dilfer eating serious crow on SportsCenter. He said TT is the mold in which you want to show any young QB coming out of college how to act as a leader.

But then went on to say that you can't explain TT and how wrong he was, that Dilfer is teachable and willing to learn. Said he's not going to bet against him ect. Doesnt want to be apart of any of the naysayers anymore. Said he showed just as good of poise as any other NFL QB in the 4th today.

BroncoTech
12-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Hoge must use some inverse scale where the #30 ranked offensive line is considered good. Or maybe our line has good throwing mechanics?

dogfish
12-12-2011, 02:08 AM
that's right, hoge. . . now go get your ****ing shine box!

zbeg
12-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Lost in all this is how bloody awesome Bill Parcells is.

Parcells: reasonable, intelligent analysis.
Hoge: arhgnghgnmfnrnfnmrnfndnd
Kolber: Let's bring in Ditka.
Ditka: I AM YELLING AT YOU RIGHT NOW!
Hoge: YELLING LOUDLY WORDS NOISES LOUD!!!

FlyByU
12-12-2011, 08:27 AM
**** HOGE!

Yeah Man STAR HOGE!

lgenf
12-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Hoge backed way off this am on mike and mike

He said that his eyes have been clouded with solely looking at mechanics and after that game yesterday he remembered that great players do great things with what they have, their skill set, it's what you got and what you do with it that makes you an avg or excellent player

It almost sounded like Hoge just took one of the last few spots on the Tebow bandwagon...I swear

I know I'm tired, I know I love this team and this kid for inspiring his teammates to search inside them to be great, but I think Hoge just came over.....

I Eat Staples
12-12-2011, 10:16 AM

And more wins than your average starter. His flaws only matter if they prevent him from winning games, and they haven't.

TXBRONC
12-12-2011, 11:22 AM

True but four of those first five games were decided by 5 points are less. So the defense wasn't playing horrible. Also I don't agree that the offense is horrible it's just not prolific. That has something to do with do with play calling, some with quarterback who came raw but seems to me to be getting better week to week. Yesterday there was eight dropped passes three or four of them happened in the first half. It wasn't like passes were difficult to catch.

So Link I guess will just have to disagree.

TXBRONC
12-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Hoge backed way off this am on mike and mike

He said that his eyes have been clouded with solely looking at mechanics and after that game yesterday he remembered that great players do great things with what they have, their skill set, it's what you got and what you do with it that makes you an avg or excellent player

It almost sounded like Hoge just took one of the last few spots on the Tebow bandwagon...I swear

I know I'm tired, I know I love this team and this kid for inspiring his teammates to search inside them to be great, but I think Hoge just came over.....

I don't know, I have a feeling Hoge is a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing.

slim
12-12-2011, 11:38 AM

This is ridiculous.

The success of the Broncos running game is directly attributable to the change in QB. If you can't see that, then it's only because you choose not to.

Better running game, fewer turnovers = shorter games and is part of reason for the defenses resurgence. It doesn’t happen with just anyone playing QB.

rcsodak
12-12-2011, 12:01 PM
The guy is a jerk and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
I'm sure he does, tx. ;')

rcsodak
12-12-2011, 12:10 PM
12 drives ending in futility.

Chi goes to prevent. (7)

Barber stays inbounds. (3)

Barber fumbles, already in FG range, with the endzone staring at him. (3)

This reminds me of the NBA. My grandpa always said 'just give both teams 100pts with 2mins remaining". Until then, booooring.

catfish
12-12-2011, 12:24 PM
180 from Hoge on Mike and Mike
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7344404

slim
12-12-2011, 12:30 PM

He is still an idiot.

slim
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Hoge is still 100% correct.

Merril Hoge disagrees with this.

weazel
12-12-2011, 12:38 PM
honestly though... even the biggest Tebow fan from Tebowtown has to admit that watching the first 3 quarters of yesterdays game was tough. But there is just something about the guy though. Im on the wagon, he looks to be getting better in the pocket as well. If our receivers could have caught half the passes thrown to them, the score would have been different before the 4th quarter and we shouldn't have needed the last minute heroics. Yes he hangs on to the ball a little too long and his throws take too long, but that can change.

One thing for sure... these games have exciting finishes.

Thnikkaman
12-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I wish l could agree with you on he Vikes game, without the defensive TD and putting the game tying FG on the Vikes 15 the Vikings win that game. Even in OT when the Vikes got into FG range twice the Defense knocked them back outta range.......

Time and Gravity are also intangible.

Northman
12-12-2011, 12:45 PM
honestly though... even the biggest Tebow fan from Tebowtown has to admit that watching the first 3 quarters of yesterdays game was tough. But there is just something about the guy though. Im on the wagon, he looks to be getting better in the pocket as well. If our receivers could have caught half the passes thrown to them, the score would have been different before the 4th quarter and we shouldn't have needed the last minute heroics. Yes he hangs on to the ball a little too long and his throws take too long, but that can change.

One thing for sure... these games have exciting finishes.

The thing for me is though im starting to really believe its just the playcalling. Sure, Teebs is missing a few passes here and there but so do even the best QB's in the league right now. But i just think that Fox and McCoy are coming out really conservative and if the game is close they just keep trying to force the square peg into the round hole until they cant anymore. I have a feeling though (even though i thought the same when we played SD) that the Pats are going force us to do some different things.

GEM
12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
He's yelling at you because you let your blind hate cloud what is going on. He's yelling at you because you are so stuck to your OPINION that you let it get in the way of the FACTS. Fact....the team has played better since Tebow took over. That is TEBOW. Ya cocky jerk. Coach Ditka is sick of your rhetorical line of bullshit. He isn't buying what your selling.

slim
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM
The thing for me is though im starting to really believe its just the playcalling. Sure, Teebs is missing a few passes here and there but so do even the best QB's in the league right now. But i just think that Fox and McCoy are coming out really conservative and if the game is close they just keep trying to force the square peg into the round hole until they cant anymore. I have a feeling though (even though i thought the same when we played SD) that the Pats are going force us to do some different things.

I have been less than impressed with the play calling this year. It's hard to complain about it to much, since we are winning. But McCoy is doing a shitty job calling plays.

GEM
12-12-2011, 12:50 PM

The players on the defense and ST's are the same, the coaches are the same, everything is the same.....except 1 thing. Hmmmmm.

TXBRONC
12-12-2011, 01:07 PM
He's yelling at you because you let your blind hate cloud what is going on. He's yelling at you because you are so stuck to your OPINION that you let it get in the way of the FACTS. Fact....the team has played better since Tebow took over. That is TEBOW. Ya cocky jerk. Coach Ditka is sick of your rhetorical line of bullshit. He isn't buying what your selling.

Hoge is a used ass wipe. Only an idiot would say that offensive line is masking Tebow's flaws as quarterback and on top of that use his best passing game of the year as proof of how the offensive line is covering for him. You can't hide a bad starting quarterback in this League. Only a dumb ass like Hoge would say something that stupid.

lgenf
12-12-2011, 01:11 PM
The players on the defense and ST's are the same, the coaches are the same, everything is the same.....except 1 thing. Hmmmmm.

I'm with ya GEM, 1 thing, 1 player

That player brings one clearly obvious thing to the table, ball control

Even when we punt, we are eating time off the clock, we do have 3 and outs still, but for the most part, teams are getting less possessions against us now because Tim can move the chains, the clock keeps running when we keep rushing even when we go 3 and out, and hardly any turnovers

That gives the opponent less touches, keeps our defense stronger and gives us a better chance each week

Slick
12-12-2011, 01:20 PM

He's allowed to change his mind. I can respect that. Thanks for sharing.

Mike
12-12-2011, 01:28 PM
I have been less than impressed with the play calling this year. It's hard to complain about it to much, since we are winning. But McCoy is doing a shitty job calling plays.

I didn't bad mouth McCoy once yesterday. I still think they are not maximizing on what the offense is capable of. But while they are winning I don't have much of a leg to stand on.

I would love to see them come out in that 4th qtr formation for the first half though. Just to see what happens.

slim
12-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I didn't bad mouth McCoy once yesterday. I still think they are not maximizing on what the offense is capable of. But while they are winning I don't have much of a leg to stand on.

I would love to see them come out in that 4th qtr formation for the first half though. Just to see what happens.

I didn't really bad mouth him yesterday either (I don't want to complain too much during a win streak).

I agree about opening it up earlier, though. I mean at some point he may want to stop banging his head against the wall :noidea:

Dreadnought
12-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Hoge is a used ass wipe. Only an idiot would say that offensive line is masking Tebow's flaws as quarterback and on top of that use his best passing game of the year as proof of how the offensive line is covering for him. You can't hide a bad starting quarterback in this League. Only a dumb ass like Hoge would say something that stupid.

Best post of the Season, TX. Pure distilled brilliance.

I Eat Staples
12-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Lmao at Hoge's face when Ditka starts yelling.

wayninja
12-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I think Hoge is just scared of Ditka laying the beat down on him if he doesn't change his tune.