PDA

View Full Version : Why keep Tuten ??

Superchop 7
01-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Seriously..........for the love of God.........

Why ???

What has he ever done other than put guys on IR and make them too skinny to play ball in December? (and sleep with Pats wife)

I just don't get it.

Enlighten me.

56crash
01-30-2009, 10:45 PM
well he helped put 7 RB's on a list

Shazam!
01-30-2009, 10:52 PM
He needs to go. I have no idea why he was retained. Hopefully McCoach will make him implement a new regime of stretching and aerobics. Something has to be done. I think many of Denver's catostrophic injuries could have been prevented by focusing too much on strength.

Tned
01-30-2009, 11:06 PM
During the SB years, he was touted for his offseason and training camp workouts, which included his torcher sled.

There is an awful lot that we don't see. Clearly, the management thinks he does a quality job. If they felt he 'put' a dozen plus players on IR, I doubt they would bring him back.

TXBRONC
01-30-2009, 11:10 PM
During the SB years, he was touted for his offseason and training camp workouts, which included his torcher sled.

There is an awful lot that we don't see. Clearly, the management thinks he does a quality job. If they felt he 'put' a dozen plus players on IR, I doubt they would bring him back.

I liked Shanahan a great deal but I think that maybe he went to easy on his players during training camp. I know his philosophy was that be taking it easy on his players in camp that they would be fresher come December.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2009, 11:18 PM
I liked Shanahan a great deal but I think that maybe he went to easy on his players during training camp. I know his philosophy was that be taking it easy on his players in camp that they would be fresher come December.

Maybe it was Shanahan:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/7/24/578500/mike-shanahan-live-at-the

On whether he has made changes to this season’s training camp practices

“You know, we have. It’s been quite different to go from 90 players to 80 players, and one of the adjustments that we’ve made in our afternoon practice is (that) normally we would have a normal practice, maybe an hour-and-a-half to an hour-and-40 minutes. It’s going to be more of what we call a ‘jog through.’ We’ll get a chance to get a lot of repetitions of different things that we didn’t see in the morning practice both offensively and defensively, and special teams. But we will be at less than half speed. So we will get some reps, but at the same time we will hopefully prevent injuries. If you run two practices a day and have 80 players, it could very quickly get down to 65 if you have a rash of injuries and just set your program back.One of those practices in the afternoon every other day with be special teams, and they will be run pretty much they same way—more of a ‘jog through.’”

TXBRONC
01-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Maybe it was Shanahan:

“You know, we have. It’s been quite different to go from 90 players to 80 players, and one of the adjustments that we’ve made in our afternoon practice is (that) normally we would have a normal practice, maybe an hour-and-a-half to an hour-and-40 minutes. It’s going to be more of what we call a ‘jog through.’ We’ll get a chance to get a lot of repetitions of different things that we didn’t see in the morning practice both offensively and defensively, and special teams. But we will be at less than half speed. So we will get some reps, but at the same time we will hopefully prevent injuries. If you run two practices a day and have 80 players, it could very quickly get down to 65 if you have a rash of injuries and just set your program back.One of those practices in the afternoon every other day with be special teams, and they will be run pretty much they same way—more of a ‘jog through.’”

Nice find Carol. :beer:

56crash
01-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Maybe it was Shanahan:

Are you saying were pads and hit like the guy was raping you sister if so:salute:

Tned
01-31-2009, 01:58 AM
Are you saying were pads and hit like the guy was raping you sister if so:salute:

:confused:

Lonestar
01-31-2009, 01:58 AM
regardless of the reasoning if it was to keep players fresher for the late season it was an epic fail

Almost every year we started fast the first half of the season and faded big time in December..

Someone else can look at the actually win loss records but I'd guess that we were off at least 50% of how our season started..

Superchop 7
01-31-2009, 02:39 AM
Range of motion !!!!!

JKcatch724
01-31-2009, 05:17 AM
why get rid of him?

the guy's setting records. nobody's seen this many groin pulls since '47.... he's a legend.

anton...
01-31-2009, 05:55 AM
as long as mcd brings in the training camp systems that they run in NE ill be happy, because they always seem to be fresh...

even with a veteran team...

Den21vsBal19
01-31-2009, 06:12 AM
Until a couple of years ago, Tuten had a pretty good reputation, IIRC.............maybe it Shanny's overall off-season plan that was the problem :whoknows:

I've gotta admit, I was hoping that we'd be getting a fresh perspective on the conditioning side of things, but I guess Tuten said something that either McDaniels or Bowlen liked.............

elsid13
01-31-2009, 08:27 AM
He needs to go. I have no idea why he was retained. Hopefully McCoach will make him implement a new regime of stretching and aerobics. Something has to be done. I think many of Denver's catostrophic injuries could have been prevented by focusing too much on strength.

Huh?

Most of the injuries were the result of on field action, vs random pulls or lack of flexibility.

Tned
01-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Huh?

Most of the injuries were the result of on field action, vs random pulls or lack of flexibility.

Nahhh, I think if the player had been practicing Yoga daily, that Hillis would have simply pirouetted into a backward barking dog position, and never torn his hamstring...

Life on the message boards and talk radio. Nothing just 'happens', there must be someone to blame for everything.

TXBRONC
01-31-2009, 10:19 AM
Nahhh, I think if the player had been practicing Yoga daily, that Hillis would have simply pirouetted into a backward barking dog position, and never torn his hamstring...

Life on the message boards and talk radio. Nothing just 'happens', there must be someone to blame for everything.

It has to be Tuten's fault, its not like these guys go out there and get hit during a game and run at full speed.

Bozo Jr.
01-31-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm still quite confused about this. Absolutely absurd! :tsk:

Bozo Jr.
02-01-2009, 12:30 AM

Why ???

What has he ever done other than put guys on IR and make them too skinny to play ball in December? (and sleep with Pats wife)

I just don't get it.

Enlighten me.

Maybe McD needs a scapegoat too. Shany sent him the intsructions via IM. :shocked:

Fan in Exile
02-01-2009, 07:54 AM
regardless of the reasoning if it was to keep players fresher for the late season it was an epic fail

Almost every year we started fast the first half of the season and faded big time in December..

Someone else can look at the actually win loss records but I'd guess that we were off at least 50% of how our season started..

You're guess would be wrong. The actual records show that for shanhan's years here we have the same record over the last half of the season that we do over the first.

Which also helps explain why we are keeping Tuten. Our injury record isn't that bad for football. From 2005-2007 we ranked in the middle of the pack for guys losing time. I think it was like 16th.

When you look at the actual numbers Tuten has done a good job and should be kept. This is football guys get hurt playing football.

broncohead
02-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Still players need to take responsibility for themselves. If they don't think they got a good workout or didn't stretch enough it's on them. They are pro athletes and by now they should now how to stretch and workout by themselves. If they don't they don't deserve to be in the NFL.

rcsodak
02-01-2009, 08:31 PM

Why ???

I just don't get it.

Enlighten me.
What a rediculous statement. :rolleyes:

So it's the S&C coach every time a player gets injured?

I'd say it has to do more with the players' lack of taking care of themselves or just plain dumb ass bad luck.

rcsodak
02-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Plus, when a team isn't filled with great athletes, or full of above grade backups, a coach might HAVE to take it easy on his players during practices. No use getting your starters hurt with a thin line of backups.

TXBRONC
02-01-2009, 10:18 PM
You're guess would be wrong. The actual records show that for shanhan's years here we have the same record over the last half of the season that we do over the first.

Which also helps explain why we are keeping Tuten. Our injury record isn't that bad for football. From 2005-2007 we ranked in the middle of the pack for guys losing time. I think it was like 16th.

When you look at the actual numbers Tuten has done a good job and should be kept. This is football guys get hurt playing football.

It is? ;)

Superchop 7
02-03-2009, 03:22 AM
You guys prove yourselves daily.

It's ok.....

The most preventable injury is groin.

TXBRONC
02-03-2009, 08:27 AM

It's ok.....

Where do you get your information because I've never heard that?

broncofaninfla
02-03-2009, 08:45 AM
From the outside looking in I would say he should be gone but I'll chalk this up as they probably know better than me and I'll trust in Bowlens faith in Tuten

Tned
02-03-2009, 08:55 AM

It's ok.....

Really? What is the number one sports injury? How about second most common?

TXBRONC
02-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Really? What is the number one sports injury? How about second most common?

I don't know the actual statistics but I would bet groin pulls are quite common place.

Fan in Exile
02-03-2009, 12:37 PM
1. Ankle sprain
2. Groin pull
3. Hamstring strain
4. Shin splints
5. Knee injury: ACL tear
6. Knee injury: Patellofemoral syndrome — injury resulting from the repetitive movement of your kneecap against your thigh bone
7. Tennis elbow (epicondylitis)

This is the list from WebMD (http://men.webmd.com/guide/seven-most-common-sports-injuries).

This does make me feel a little better about last year just being freakish instead of the result of incompetence.

TXBRONC
02-03-2009, 05:12 PM
1. Ankle sprain
2. Groin pull
3. Hamstring strain
4. Shin splints
5. Knee injury: ACL tear
6. Knee injury: Patellofemoral syndrome — injury resulting from the repetitive movement of your kneecap against your thigh bone
7. Tennis elbow (epicondylitis)

This is the list from WebMD (http://men.webmd.com/guide/seven-most-common-sports-injuries).

This does make me feel a little better about last year just being freakish instead of the result of incompetence.

I thought it would be common place. Thank's for finding this FiE. :salute: