PDA

View Full Version : Royal to be on ESPN Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL

Spiritguy
01-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Found this on another forum

Eddie Royal will be featured on ESPN2's "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL" show.

Airtimes are:
ESPN2 Sat, Jan 31 12:00 AM ET (Friday - 10pm MT)
ESPN2 Sat, Jan 31 11:00 PM ET (9pm MT)

"Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL "
An in-depth look at the first pro season for RB Matt Forte (Bears), WR Eddie Royal (Broncos) and QB Matt Ryan (Falcons).

broncofaninfla
01-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Cool, thanks! I'll have to check that out!

Nature Boy
01-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Royal had a terrible game in our last game of the season against the Bolts. Cutler and the offense couldn't keep with with that SD offense because of a couple key dropped passes by Royal.

Northman
01-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Debbie Downer.

CoachChaz
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Royal had a terrible game in our last game of the season against the Bolts. Cutler and the offense couldn't keep with with that SD offense because of a couple key dropped passes by Royal.

I had to chuckle at one of the drops when they showed Cutler's reaction and you could very clearly read his lips as he yelled, "What the F---, Eddie!!"

Nature Boy
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Debbie Downer.

I guess I'm still stewing over the Mike Shanahan firing and then the even worst hiring afterwords.

Nature Boy
01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
I had to chuckle at one of the drops when they showed Cutler's reaction and you could very clearly read his lips as he yelled, "What the F---, Eddie!!"

Yup, I believe the game commentator pointed it out too.

I love the fire and competitive spirit in Cutler.

claymore
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM
I guess I'm still stewing over the Mike Shanahan firing and then the even worst hiring afterwords.

I hate Plummer, but I just read his interview. What he said about Shanny's firing made allot of sense.

I still think Plummer is a DB, but..... I agree with him.

Nature Boy
01-30-2009, 01:59 PM
I hate Plummer, but I just read his interview. What he said about Shanny's firing made allot of sense.

I still think Plummer is a DB, but..... I agree with him.

DB? dead beat?

and what interview is this that you are talking about? where can I download the video?

claymore
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM
DB? dead beat?

and what interview is this that you are talking about? where can I download the video?

By interview... I mean some quotes from the interview. DB = Douche Bag. :D

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/30/plummer-weighs-in-on-shanahan-firing-it-was-past-due/

broncobryce
01-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Sounds like a bitter quitter to me.

Nature Boy
01-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Mike Shanahan was not considered to be "little Hitler" for no reason.

And Plummer is definitely right about Mikey being a stats guy. Mikey really cared about looking good, especially what is inked in black on white paper.

Mikey was definitely not a player's coach. Most the guys in the locker room walked around egg shells knowing Mikey would cut them loose in a heart beat. That part of Mikey was the bad part of his GMing.

LRtagger
01-30-2009, 02:44 PM

Eddie should have caught those balls, but its not like they were great throws. I mean Eddie was wide open in the flat and Jay launched them about 3 feet over his head. Its not like they were hitting him in the numbers...yea he should still have caught them, but Jay should have kept his mouth shut. He didn't exactly play lights out against SD and we lost because of a couple dropped passes.

Zweems56
01-30-2009, 02:53 PM

HA! I was dying laughing when I saw that

Nature Boy
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Eddie should have caught those balls, but its not like they were great throws. I mean Eddie was wide open in the flat and Jay launched them about 3 feet over his head. Its not like they were hitting him in the numbers...yea he should still have caught them, but Jay should have kept his mouth shut. He didn't exactly play lights out against SD and we lost because of a couple dropped passes.

This is the NFL. If you get 2 hands on the ball, you better catch the darn thing. Royal is about the same height and size as Steve Smith. SS wouldn't have dropped either of those 2 passes we are talking about. I like Royal a lot but he's not at Steve Smith's level yet.

Northman
01-30-2009, 03:18 PM
This is the NFL. If you get 2 hands on the ball, you better catch the darn thing. Royal is about the same height and size as Steve Smith. SS wouldn't have dropped either of those 2 passes we are talking about. I like Royal a lot but he's not at Steve Smith's level yet.

He was a rookie man. Come on. :lol:

Nature Boy
01-30-2009, 03:21 PM
He was a rookie man. Come on. :lol:

OK, I'll give him that but an NFL WR has to catch the ball when you get both your paws on it.

The NFL isn't also known as the "Not For Long" league for no reason. Royal keeps dropping passes like that of that game and he wont be a starter for long.

Cutler did blow up Royal on national TV but I liked it. Shows Cutler is a real field general. The kind of guy you want quarterbacking your team.

Zweems56
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
As John Jefferson of the Chargers used to say: If you can put one hand on the ball, you can catch it, and if you can put two hands on the ball you must catch it.

LRtagger
01-30-2009, 03:26 PM

Who said he was on Steve Smith's level?

He is a 2nd round rookie...and he was the best rookie WR in the league. Let's give him a little credit.

I don't think his job will be in jeopardy anytime soon

shank
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
thanks spiritguy for letting us know about the show!

thanks NB for turning it into a thread bashing one of our best young players. without fail.

underrated29
01-30-2009, 04:47 PM
yup. If you can touch it you can catch it.

But everyone drops balls. Especially when they are heat seeking missiles that jay throws.

If you think eddie is in jeapordy than marshall, and braylon edwards should just be cut now.

TXBRONC
01-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Who said he was on Steve Smith's level?

He is a 2nd round rookie...and he was the best rookie WR in the league. Let's give him a little credit.

I don't think his job will be in jeopardy anytime soon

I don't know LR if you drop two passes in this League you're toast. ;)

G_Money
01-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Steve Smith dropped more passes than Eddie Royal this year - I guess he's REALLY toast.

~G

TXBRONC
01-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Steve Smith dropped more passes than Eddie Royal this year - I guess he's REALLY toast.

~G

Wow, I was under the firm impression that Steve Smith never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, drops passes.

Italianmobstr7
01-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Eddie Royal was AMAZING for a rookie. Watching this show just re-iterated that. He's going to be a very good WR for us for a long time. He's a special player.

shank
01-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Wow, I was under the firm impression that Steve Smith never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, drops passes.

TX, how could you ever get a cockamamie idea like that?

honz
01-31-2009, 02:53 AM
I "mansapped" (inside Jazz fans joke?) while realizing that Eddie Royal is going to be a Bronco for many years to come as I watched this show. When you think about how many big plays he had for us this year, both receiving and as a KR, it is truly amazing that he is just a rookie.

He dominated the Raiders game in week 1, he came up with clutch game winning catches against SD, he had the game changing TD against the Browns, and he had that incredible TD against the Jets...not to mention all of his incredible returns where he would make multiple people miss.

I'm so excited for next year. If our defense can simply be decent, I think we will make some noise. Our offense can be truly special if we can have some healthy RBs and simply execute in the passing game.

omac
01-31-2009, 03:55 AM
Eddie Royal was AMAZING for a rookie. Watching this show just re-iterated that. He's going to be a very good WR for us for a long time. He's a special player.

Yup, and not just for a rookie; he came in and immediately looked like a veteran. It's probably to his credit that Cutler treats him like he does Marshall, not with kid gloves like most do with rookies.

Tned
01-31-2009, 10:06 AM

Yea, and Elway had a horrible 2nd quarter of the third game of '93.... :confused:

broncophan
01-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Yea, and Elway had a horrible 2nd quarter of the third game of '93.... :confused:

Not sure about the second qtr.........but Elway was 28/45 for 300 yards against the chiefs for the 3rd game of "93.

You need to get your facts straight before you go putting down Elway...:D....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199309200kan.htm

BeefStew25
01-31-2009, 10:27 AM
I am thinking about stalking Royal.

TXBRONC
01-31-2009, 10:42 AM
TX, how could you ever get a cockamamie idea like that?

Drinking kool aide. :D

MHCBill
01-31-2009, 12:20 PM
OK, I'll give him that but an NFL WR has to catch the ball when you get both your paws on it.

The NFL isn't also known as the "Not For Long" league for no reason. Royal keeps dropping passes like that of that game and he wont be a starter for long.

Cutler did blow up Royal on national TV but I liked it. Shows Cutler is a real field general. The kind of guy you want quarterbacking your team.

.With that logic I guess Cutler's untimely interceptions means he won't be in the league long either.