PDA

View Full Version : do you still agree hixon out and clark in..

broncos9697
10-09-2007, 04:16 PM
when i saw hixon was cut that was fine with me I was thinking good lets you young back there and see what he can do or go after morgan since he did a great job last season...
but no I saw clark was being brought back up just after being shipped out.I was thinking no way not clark back there but alot of members thought it was great ideal but as we can see from our last game clark does not need to be there...
so do you still want him as the returner or not....

HORSEPOWER 56
10-09-2007, 04:21 PM
when i saw hixon was cut that was fine with me I was thinking good lets you young back there and see what he can do or go after morgan since he did a great job last season...
but no I saw clark was being brought back up just after being shipped out.I was thinking no way not clark back there but alot of members thought it was great ideal but as we can see from our last game clark does not need to be there...
so do you still want him as the returner or not....

I was okay with Hixon getting axed, but we should've brought back Quincy morgan instead of Brian Clark. Clark has NEVER been a good return man. Not last year, not in the preseason, not this season. Dump Clark, bring back Morgan.:2cents:

broncos9697
10-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I was okay with Hixon getting axed, but we should've brought back Quincy morgan instead of Brian Clark. Clark has NEVER been a good return man. Not last year, not in the preseason, not this season. Dump Clark, bring back Morgan.:2cents:

just as i said..
the broncos are just messing up all over the place this season and i dont know why...I guess they want in the top five picks this next draft...

Grover
10-09-2007, 05:10 PM
With all the speculation and hypotheticals we post as fans, someone always comes up with, "Well, the coaches know more than we do...."

And I've always agreed with that statement, until this particular turn of events. I think that as far as talent and style of play that Hixon and Clark are basically equivalent. I like them both, but I think they're both developmental players. Cutting one in favor of the other still gives you the same thing.

I would have tried to bring Quincy Morgan back to the team. He played with abandon and did a good job and seemed to have pride in his play. The only thing I can figure is that the coaches are trying to develop players for the future and they consider Morgan part of the past.

Astrass
10-09-2007, 07:23 PM
exactly...what happened to Morgan??

jlarsiii
10-09-2007, 07:28 PM
I never called for Hixon to get the ax. I find it sad that they used him as the fall guy when overall our special teams have been especially bad as a group.

Looking at how last week's game went it is clear to me that Hixon really got screwed in the process.

I expect the turmoil to continue until the appropriate people take the blame.

BigBroncLove
10-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't think anyone was callign for clark to replace Hixon. I didn't like Hixons level of play, but Clark, as proving last year, didn;t provide the spark we needed at ST. Morgan was the only one last year that brought our average for KR's up.

I was very skeptical when Clark was brought back in, especially since he was released the week before. A lot of people were talkign about Morgan as they are now, and Young and Hall as returners..... I don't remember reading anyone being excited about Clarks return.

TXBRONC
10-09-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't care who handles ball I just they do a few things.

1.) Hold on to the ball.

2.) Break a tackle or two every once in while and make some would be tacklers miss.

3.) Find a running lane more consistently.

jlarsiii
10-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't care who handles ball I just they do a few things.

1.) Hold on to the ball.

2.) Break a tackle or two every once in while and make some would be tacklers miss.

3.) Find a running lane more consistently.

Considering how "special" our special teams have been don't you think you are asking for quite alot? :laugh::laugh:

TXBRONC
10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Considering how "special" our special teams have been don't you think you are asking for quite alot? :laugh::laugh:

It might be.

DenBronx
10-09-2007, 10:06 PM
i say take them both out because they both suck.

the only bright spot at returner that we had was morgan and they chose to get rid off him. dumb move, very dumb.

broncos9697
10-10-2007, 04:00 PM
i say take them both out because they both suck.

the only bright spot at returner that we had was morgan and they chose to get rid off him. dumb move, very dumb.

why not take a big chanch and put marshal back there the way he like o move after the catch he could do some damage back there and break a lot of returns....the only neg about that is him getting hurt and us losing a another key player...

Medford Bronco
10-10-2007, 04:14 PM
why not take a big chanch and put marshal back there the way he like o move after the catch he could do some damage back there and break a lot of returns....the only neg about that is him getting hurt and us losing a another key player...

I am worried about him fumbling as well, especially if he is inexperienced.

I agree with others here, what happened to Morgan. he was better than Hixon and Clark

jhns
10-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't really care who does it as long as the ball isn't turned over. Bad field position is one thing, a turnover is far worse.

I was assuming that they made this move because they felt Clark was a better receiver. With the receiver injures (mainly Walker last game), I was just thinking they wanted the depth and didn't think they where sacrificing to much on special teams.

Watchthemiddle
10-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I personally don't care who is returning the ball at this point. Hixon had his shot and was being tackled by a finger more then he was 3 guys hitting him hard.

I know you guys aren't looking to get rid of a Bronco for only making one mistake are you?

Thats not typical Bronco fan mentality. MEss up once and you are gone??? :confused:

*sarcasm off*