PDA

View Full Version : Marshall's Bold Prediction

TXBRONC
01-29-2009, 09:56 PM
I think this just a tad bit premature, but I like Marshall's positve energy. :elefant:

Broncos' Marshall enjoying Super atmosphere
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

Posted: 01/29/2009 12:19:37 PM MST
Updated: 01/29/2009 12:44:48 PM MST

TAMPA, FLA. — Brandon Marshall has never been shy about making bold predictions, and this morning he made another one.

"Broncos in Super Bowl XLIV," Marshall said.

Marshall, the Broncos' Pro Bowl wide receiver, made the rounds on radio row at the Super Bowl media center, and said he envisioned what it would be like to be here as a participant and not just a spectator.

"It brings excitement to me just being involved in some of these activities now, and the festivities here at the Super Bowl. Watching guys do interviews, for the Cardinals and the Steelers, I'm just starting to imagine how it's going to be for me when we get there," Marshall said.

"I don't think it's a question of 'if' we're going to get there. It's 'when' we're going to get there."

Few people are likely to include the Broncos among the early favorites to play in the Super Bowl next year in Miami. But then again, Marshall has never been lacking for confidence in himself or the Broncos.

Marshall said he has spoken on the phone with new head coach Josh McDaniels.

"He said we're going to score a lot of points," Marshall said. "Coach, I hope that's not putting any pressure on you, but that's what he told me — we're going to score a lot of points."

Marshall has not been in Denver since McDaniels was hired two and a half weeks ago, but said he plans to stop in Denver after playing in the Pro Bowl in early February.

Marshall said he's been running some routes with the receivers and quarterbacks at the University of Central Florida - his alma mater - in Orlando, but that most of his Pro Bowl training has consisted of "bowling, golf and long-distance running."

The running has been going well. The bowling and golf, not so much. "It was ugly," Marshall said.

And Marshall said he has been preparing for something else that will happen at the Pro Bowl he says will be "really big."

Marshall had a pre-planned touchdown celebration in honor of President Barack Obama two days after Obama was elected. After scoring a touchdown at Cleveland, he was preparing to put on a glove to salute Obama when quick thinking teammates stopped him to prevent the team from being penalized.

Marshall wouldn't say what he has planned for the Pro Bowl, only that it would be "another phase of Brandon Marshall."

"You know I'm always up to something," Marshall said.

Lindsay H. Jones:

303-954-1262

or ljones@denverpost.com

dogfish
01-29-2009, 10:08 PM
at least he didn't predict that selvin young would rush for 2,000 yards next year. . . . :laugh:

i wish he wouldn't have said that about a planned TD celebration at the pro bowl-- i mean, better there than during a game that counts where he can cost his team with a penalty, but the whole pre-planned celebration thing is lame and played-out. . . make your mark with the way you PLAY, not the way you celebrate!

TXBRONC
01-29-2009, 10:14 PM
at least he didn't predict that selvin young would rush for 2,000 yards next year. . . . :laugh:

i wish he wouldn't have said that about a planned TD celebration at the pro bowl-- i mean, better there than during a game that counts where he can cost his team with a penalty, but the whole pre-planned celebration thing is lame and played-out. . . make your mark with the way you PLAY, not the way you celebrate!

I think he's trying to stay in some semblance of reality. :lol:

silkamilkamonico
01-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Could this be the kiss of death for Denver?

Last time he made a bold prediction, he didn't come anywhere near, and he slipped on a McDonals bag and put his arm through the TV, which apparently led to him admittingly having problems holding on to the ball this year.

He should stay away from making bold predictions.

TXBRONC
01-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Could this be the kiss of death for Denver?

Last time he made a bold prediction, he didn't come anywhere near, and he slipped on a McDonals bag and put his arm through the TV, which apparently led to him admittingly having problems holding on to the ball this year.

He should stay away from making bold predictions.

That superstitious, and I'm not a superstitious person.

fcspikeit
01-29-2009, 10:41 PM

"preparing for something else that will happen at the Pro Bowl"

Marshall didn't say anything about a TD calibration. I wonder if it involves him punching Peezy in the mouth? :laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 of them have something planned...

TXBRONC
01-29-2009, 10:51 PM
"preparing for something else that will happen at the Pro Bowl"

Marshall didn't say anything about a TD calibration. I wonder if it involves him punching Peezy in the mouth? :laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 of them have something planned...

Ah it would be a waist of good punch.

fcspikeit
01-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Ah it would be a waist of good punch.

Yeah, he might brake his good hand :tsk:

He got his bonus, he probably has enough to hire someone to do those type of things now.. I bet Lichtinstiger would do it pretty cheap, he is a mean SOB :laugh:

Bozo Jr.
01-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh not again! Hopefully his "big surprise " will be 8 catches for 123 yards and along with his TD he gives the fans a real celebration, a mile high salute!

:salute:

TXBRONC
01-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, he might brake his good hand :tsk:

He got his bonus, he probably has enough to hire someone to do those type of things now.. I bet Lichtinstiger would do it pretty cheap, he is a mean SOB :laugh:

Shoot I bet Lichtenstieger would do it for nothing. :lol:

JONtheBRONCO
01-30-2009, 12:31 AM
Love me some Brandon. Boss.