PDA

View Full Version : Cutler on Rome is burning

BroncoTech
01-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Jim Rome interviewed Jay Cutler today on Rome is burning. Jim asked about if Jay had talked to coach Shanahan, and he said he spoke to him the day before the firing about future plans. Jay said shock turned to anger in 5 minutes, but after talking to Mike he understood Mike was just as shocked and maybe the change will do the team good.

Jay said he's spoken to McDaniels and feels he has great energy and confirms he's excited about the new plans. Jay spoke on behave of http://www.inspiredbydiabetes.com and is trying to help out kids.

Jay seemed very mature, not quite as shifty eyed. Short and sweet.

TXBRONC
01-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Good maybe this start putting some of the speculation to rest that Jay is ticked off and had an argument with McDaniel.

fcspikeit
01-29-2009, 07:56 PM
It was a great interview, he seemed really excited about playing for McDaniels. I hope everyone here gets a chance to see it, Then all the negative talk surrounding Jay and coach McDaniels can be put to rest...

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
01-29-2009, 08:00 PM
sounds like he likes McDaniels thats a good sign

TXBRONC
01-29-2009, 09:19 PM
It was a great interview, he seemed really excited about playing for McDaniels. I hope everyone here gets a chance to see it, Then all the negative talk surrounding Jay and coach McDaniels can be put to rest...

I would like to hope so.

MOtorboat
01-29-2009, 09:21 PM
According to Jay he was actually at a Children's Hospital in Tampa when he did the Dan Patrick show this morning. Pretty cool. The Dan Patrick thread is around here somewhere, you can listen to the segment. It was really good. Anyone know if ESPN has the video of this up anywhere?

MasterShake
01-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Good to know. Since the Shannahan firing I've gone from confused to concerned to exciting. I'm excited about next year already and its good to hear Jay is cool with everything.

As if the off season isn't long enough....

omac
01-29-2009, 09:35 PM

Doubt it; in forums, speculation holds much more weight than truth. :D

TXBRONC
01-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Doubt it; in forums, speculation holds much more weight than truth. :D

Don't confuse me with facts, I have already made up my mind. :lol:

fcspikeit
01-29-2009, 10:16 PM
According to Jay he was actually at a Children's Hospital in Tampa when he did the Dan Patrick show this morning. Pretty cool. The Dan Patrick thread is around here somewhere, you can listen to the segment. It was really good. Anyone know if ESPN has the video of this up anywhere?

I will search for the Rome is burning interview, if I find it, I will post it...

I thought the Dan Patrick interview was hilarious! I was listening in the living room with the headphones on. I kept laughing out loud, me wife was looking at me like I was crazy :laugh:

It was really great to see Jay have fun in an interview for a change, he doesn't say um as much over the phone :lol:

fcspikeit
01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Here is the link...

Cutler on Rome is Burning (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3870661&categoryid=2459789)

Benetto
01-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the link Spike.

TXBRONC
01-29-2009, 10:48 PM
That was a terrific interview. It sounds to me like Jay has had multiple conversation with the new head coach and it sounds like he is truly excited to get this thing going.

Bozo Jr.
01-29-2009, 11:13 PM
That was a terrific interview. It sounds to me like Jay has had multiple conversation with the new head coach and it sounds like he is truly excited to get this thing going.

Lets hope so. When Jay gets comfy with McD and his sceme, I can see him putting up great numbers, and by that I mean wins. As for stats, well, I don't think anyone will be worrying about that.

Dirk
01-30-2009, 07:29 AM
That has got to be one of the best interviews I have seen Jay do. He looked confident and mature. I think he has his "head on right" for next year and the changes.

I can't wait!