PDA

View Full Version : 1st Madden 2010 news here...

Rush23
01-29-2009, 03:23 PM
http://www.vsngaming.com/2009/01/exclusive-madden-10-news-from-ian-cummings/

Straight from the Lead Producer of Madden 2010. Great to hear stuff will being told to the community more often. Any Madden news before the release is awesome.

Buff
01-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Hopefully it doesn't suck like 2009.

First madden in about 5 years that I wasn't completely addicted to.

Slick
01-29-2009, 07:56 PM
EA blows. Period. Worst servers on the internet too, hell even a foursome in Tiger Woods lags like crazy.

NFL games died when the monopoly took over. It's a shame.

Buff
01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
EA blows. Period. Worst servers on the internet too, hell even a foursome in Tiger Woods lags like crazy.

NFL games died when the monopoly took over. It's a shame.

It's true, EA used to be cool, but just like anything else-- with no competition, they have no reason to innovate, and we're stuck playing the same game, packaged differently, year after year. They just tweak a few aspects and try to pawn it off as something totally new.

Slick
01-29-2009, 08:05 PM
It's true, EA used to be cool, but just like anything else-- with no competition, they have no reason to innovate, and we're stuck playing the same game, packaged differently, year after year. They just tweak a few aspects and try to pawn it off as something totally new.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Why the NFLPA sold licensing rights exclusively to EA I'll never know. They could have made just as much money or more by allowing other companies to have a shot also.

I feel the same way about the NCAA series too. They're the same game every time.

Well, unless you count being able to change ticket and hot dog prices as a new innovation.

studbucket
01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
It'll get better when everyone stops buying Madden.

Wait a month, go to OperationSports and read the real reviews, and rent it if you must.

Don't buy the piece of crap, and they won't keep making the piece of crap. Madden pisses me off so bad. How can a game not improve at all or even regress over the last 4 years?

aberdien
01-29-2009, 11:40 PM
For the first time since like 1999 I didn't buy Madden this year.

MasterShake
01-29-2009, 11:44 PM

Still better than the crapfest of NFL 2K. Everyone swore to me that game was good, it felt like the players were ice skating. Madden sucks but I'd still buy it over other football games. Too bad there isn't competition, though. Its sad when the best thing about Madden 09 was they got rid of that stupid radio announcer. Next year they should have Dennis Miller and Rush Limbaugh do the play by play.

studbucket
01-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Still better than the crapfest of NFL 2K. Everyone swore to me that game was good, it felt like the players were ice skating. Madden sucks but I'd still buy it over other football games. Too bad there isn't competition, though. Its sad when the best thing about Madden 09 was they got rid of that stupid radio announcer. Next year they should have Dennis Miller and Rush Limbaugh do the play by play.

Eh, to each their own I guess.

APF 2K8's gameplay was amazing...too bad there was nothing else to the game.

2K5 has a few flaws, but the running and passing feels much more realistic since there is momentum and no rocket-up-the-butt safeties and linebackers. I mean, having to plant your feet before throwing, it shouldn't be a revolutionary thing for a football game, but Madden still can't do that (or create a pocket).

They have made rosters for 1983 and other classic rosters for 2K5, and there's still a huge community playing it with updated rosters on XBox and 360. You can get the game for < $5...pretty good deal.

Shazam!
01-30-2009, 01:45 AM
NFL 2K5- Best Football video game IMO. Even today it still stands proud and plays well.

It was only $20 and was a stellar offering at the time, that's why EA had to do something as it cost them estimated millions. The demise of NFL Gameday didn't help much either.

The worst thing that happened was the EA conglomerate. I haven't bought a new Football game since 2K5 as a personal statement against Madden and EA.

I bought 2K8 used though for $10 strictly for the Elway factor.

Slick
01-30-2009, 12:14 PM

2K5. Greatest football game ever made.

I love you just a little less at the moment Shake.

MasterShake
01-30-2009, 02:10 PM
2K5. Greatest football game ever made.

I love you just a little less at the moment Shake.

Wrong. Tecmo Bowl holds that title. You love me the same if not more now!

jrelway
01-30-2009, 11:34 PM
how can you guys dislike madden? i remember some of you from the freak that worshipped the 2k games LOL. madden is the best football game to date. nothing out there compares to it. dont hate it cause you suck, and dont blame the servers. its probably your internet connection. lol . anytime you fellas want a game, im ready.

jrelway
01-30-2009, 11:38 PM

chris collinsworth may be even worse. pretty annoying. but all in all, solid ass game.

Shazam!
01-31-2009, 02:09 AM
how can you guys dislike madden? i remember some of you from the freak that worshipped the 2k games LOL. madden is the best football game to date. nothing out there compares to it. dont hate it cause you suck, and dont blame the servers. its probably your internet connection. lol . anytime you fellas want a game, im ready.

There is nothing to compare it to as they eliminated all competition. It's not about people sucking, it's about it being stagnant and it's presentation. Madden 06 and 07 were hardly groundbreaking, and 08 was just a marginal improvement. Nothing beat 2K5's presentation.

Wrong. Super Tecmo Bowl holds that title.

There. Fixed.

jrelway
01-31-2009, 10:35 AM
There is nothing to compare it to as they eliminated all competition. It's not about people sucking, it's about it being stagnant and it's presentation. Madden 06 and 07 were hardly groundbreaking, and 08 was just a marginal improvement. Nothing beat 2K5's presentation.

There. Fixed.

ill give it to 2k. they had some pretty good presentation, but its all supposed to be about gameplay. and you gotta admit, besides the presentation, 2k gameplay was awful. the physics were not right, guys looked like they were gliding sometimes, and to cover a wr or te using a defender was almost impossible cause the computer caught everything. even in double triple coverage.

Shazam!
01-31-2009, 02:55 PM
to cover a wr or te using a defender was almost impossible cause the computer caught everything. even in double triple coverage.

That's because you suck (as you said we do in Madden.)

MasterShake
01-31-2009, 04:13 PM

I'm too lazy to Google today. Does anyone know if Madden's stranglehold on the NFL license expires soon? I like Madden, but as others have said it would be nice to have a little competition to boost their creativity.

Shazam!
01-31-2009, 10:27 PM
It was set to expire in 2009 and was extended to 2012 (I think.)

I'd like 2K to improve 2K8 (2K10) and make it $20 to kick Madden's ass. **** EA.

MasterShake
01-31-2009, 10:30 PM
And on a Tecmobowl note, remember Bo Jackson?

a3PaLzvy_IA

sneakers
02-01-2009, 01:03 AM
I like NCAA football series the best, because you can run the triple-option.

Shazam!
02-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Which Tecmo Bowl is that, Super Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Super Bowl? Looks like Super. There were a few.

MasterShake
02-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Which Tecmo Bowl is that, Super Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Super Bowl? Looks like Super. There were a few.

Super I believe.

Den21vsBal19
02-01-2009, 12:36 PM
My kid brother had Joe Montana football on the old megadrive.............damn did it suck :lol:

I put up 35 points in the first half in one game on him, then swapped controllers and put up 38 in the 2nd :rofl:

As I remember it, there was a glitch..............if you called a play I think was called 'Satellite Express' then audibled it to the other side of the field.....................you were left with a WR on the streak that was uncovered :lol:

studbucket
02-02-2009, 02:19 PM
ill give it to 2k. they had some pretty good presentation, but its all supposed to be about gameplay. and you gotta admit, besides the presentation, 2k gameplay was awful. the physics were not right, guys looked like they were gliding sometimes, and to cover a wr or te using a defender was almost impossible cause the computer caught everything. even in double triple coverage.

No, not at all. I mean, try watching a Madden game like it's a football game...you can't. Madden barely contains a realistic football-like substance. This is not about 2K, because I barely played 2K5....

There is no pocket in the game. Watch the OL-DL interaction...it sucks. Watch the OL/DL interaction in a game like APF 2K8. That game had flaws, but to watch how O-lineman created a pocket and how the OL/DL interacted was beautiful.
There is no penalty for playing stupid with your QB. Wanna run back 20 yards and pass or roll out every time? Heck, you get a competitive advantage in Madden! Setting your feet doesn't matter; incomplete passes never hit the ground (they are always tipped because QBs are accuracy gods); you don't even have to be looking in the direction of the receiver before you throw? And it's never a wounded duck and right on target!
There are money plays. For every play, there is something to stop it in real life. Not so in Madden. Due to how the AI and physics engine works, there are new money plays every year that are so effective, that you can't stop them by using conventional/realistic means.
There is no momentum. Players turn and stop on a dime and juke 3 yards with the flip of a stick at full-speed.
Franchise/Superstar modes have become stagnant and contrived. All the fun has been sucked out. At least NFL Head Coach was a good game. Maybe Madden will notice that and make some changes.
Linebackers and defensive backs have rockets up their butts. They know exactly where the play is going and will teleport 5 yards to knock down the pass. Instead of having some realistic defensive animations and AI, they just let defensive players knockdown the ball with a pre-defined mocap, even if they are 5 yards out of position.

Are those enough real football reasons why Madden has horribly stagnant gameplay that pisses me off?

I mean I seriously used to love Madden, and now I hate it. I play College Hoops games and Mass Effect instead of football games, and that's sad, because football and the NFL are my primary hobby.

jrelway
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM
its all about gameplay for me bro. i could care less about presentation. it just takes up more time.

jrelway
02-02-2009, 05:55 PM

actually i was pretty good at it. actually i was very good at it.

studbucket
02-02-2009, 05:56 PM
its all about gameplay for me bro. i could care less about presentation. it just takes up more time.

Nothing I mentioned was presentation, and everything except for the franchise was gameplay.

Or did you not read my post and you were referring to something else?

jrelway
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM
No, not at all. I mean, try watching a Madden game like it's a football game...you can't. Madden barely contains a realistic football-like substance. This is not about 2K, because I barely played 2K5....

There is no pocket in the game. Watch the OL-DL interaction...it sucks. Watch the OL/DL interaction in a game like APF 2K8. That game had flaws, but to watch how O-lineman created a pocket and how the OL/DL interacted was beautiful.
There is no penalty for playing stupid with your QB. Wanna run back 20 yards and pass or roll out every time? Heck, you get a competitive advantage in Madden! Setting your feet doesn't matter; incomplete passes never hit the ground (they are always tipped because QBs are accuracy gods); you don't even have to be looking in the direction of the receiver before you throw? And it's never a wounded duck and right on target!
There are money plays. For every play, there is something to stop it in real life. Not so in Madden. Due to how the AI and physics engine works, there are new money plays every year that are so effective, that you can't stop them by using conventional/realistic means.
There is no momentum. Players turn and stop on a dime and juke 3 yards with the flip of a stick at full-speed.
Franchise/Superstar modes have become stagnant and contrived. All the fun has been sucked out. At least NFL Head Coach was a good game. Maybe Madden will notice that and make some changes.
Linebackers and defensive backs have rockets up their butts. They know exactly where the play is going and will teleport 5 yards to knock down the pass. Instead of having some realistic defensive animations and AI, they just let defensive players knockdown the ball with a pre-defined mocap, even if they are 5 yards out of position.

Are those enough real football reasons why Madden has horribly stagnant gameplay that pisses me off?

I mean I seriously used to love Madden, and now I hate it. I play College Hoops games and Mass Effect instead of football games, and that's sad, because football and the NFL are my primary hobby.

besides the franchise/ superstar mode being stale, ( i dont know cause i only play online), i think your wrong about the rest of your statements.

there is a pocket ( you can slide protect btw also)
there is penaltys for playing stupid wtih your qb. play me and youll find out
the linebackers do not teleport 5 yrds to bat a ball down. setting your qbs feet is very important in madden.

i can go on but its pointless. i respect your opinions. anytime you fellas want a game hit me up. ;)

jrelway
02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Nothing I mentioned was presentation, and everything except for the franchise was gameplay.

Or did you not read my post and you were referring to something else?

cmon man, read your earlier posts..you cry about presentation time after time. seriously though man, do you truly think apf2k8 is better than madden?

studbucket
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
cmon man, read your earlier posts..you cry about presentation time after time. seriously though man, do you truly think apf2k8 is better than madden?

I made posts #6, 9, and 25.

None of them mentioned the announcers, the pre-game, halftime, or post-game events/presentation, or how the players acted on the sideline.

I agree Madden's presentation now is as bad Jeff Reed's hair, but I didn't bring it up because that's a point that everyone agrees on. They know the game has no soul and they get past it and play the game.

Do I think APF is better than Madden? I don't know. APF's narrow scope really, really hurts it. I still play APF online (well, before my 360 bricked), and I stopped playing Madden and NCAA a long time ago.

studbucket
02-02-2009, 06:41 PM
besides the franchise/ superstar mode being stale, ( i dont know cause i only play online), i think your wrong about the rest of your statements.

there is a pocket ( you can slide protect btw also)
there is penaltys for playing stupid wtih your qb. play me and youll find out
the linebackers do not teleport 5 yrds to bat a ball down. setting your qbs feet is very important in madden.

i can go on but its pointless. i respect your opinions. anytime you fellas want a game hit me up. ;)

There is a guy named Gideon Prime who goes by apexisfree on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/apexisfree). Not only does he say funny things, he spends entirely too much time breaking down all of the things Madden can improve upon, play by play. He does such a good job that the lead developer (Ian) said that he really appreciates the videos and is taking a lot of that criticism into account when working on this and next year's version of Madden.

Some videos he compares Madden 09 to NCAA 06 or Madden 04. Some videos he compares it to 2K5. Sometimes he compares it to 2K8. Sometimes he just simply breaks down why some stuff in Madden is horribly unrealistic and needs to be fixed.

Here are 80-some videos by him you can watch: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=apexisfree&view=videos&query=madden

OperationSports is far and away the best sports video gaming community on the web. EA developers are on their daily discussing things and getting feedback from the community.

Here is OS's wishlist forum: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-wishlist-forum/

Here are some of the best threads
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-wishlist-forum/287915-joborules-madden-nfl-10-wishlist-presentation.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-wishlist-forum/287919-joborules-madden-nfl-10-wishlist-franchise-mode.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-wishlist-forum/287916-joborules-madden-nfl-10-wishlist-gameplay.html

It would be fantastic if the game could have those changes.

MasterShake
02-02-2009, 06:55 PM
There is a guy named Gideon Prime who goes by apexisfree on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/apexisfree). Not only does he say funny things, he spends entirely too much time breaking down all of the things Madden can improve upon, play by play. He does such a good job that the lead developer (Ian) said that he really appreciates the videos and is taking a lot of that criticism into account when working on this and next year's version of Madden.

Some videos he compares Madden 09 to NCAA 06 or Madden 04. Some videos he compares it to 2K5. Sometimes he compares it to 2K8. Sometimes he just simply breaks down why some stuff in Madden is horribly unrealistic and needs to be fixed.

Here are 80-some videos by him you can watch: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=apexisfree&view=videos&query=madden

OperationSports is far and away the best sports video gaming community on the web. EA developers are on their daily discussing things and getting feedback from the community.

Here is OS's wishlist forum: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-wishlist-forum/

Here are some of the best threads
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-wishlist-forum/287915-joborules-madden-nfl-10-wishlist-presentation.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-wishlist-forum/287919-joborules-madden-nfl-10-wishlist-franchise-mode.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-wishlist-forum/287916-joborules-madden-nfl-10-wishlist-gameplay.html

It would be fantastic if the game could have those changes.

Good stuff. Bottom line no football game is going to be good until there is a super individual AI for each player and a big jump in the physics engine. Even then, I'm sure we'd all find reasons to complain! :lol:

Shazam!
02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
None of them mentioned the announcers, the pre-game, halftime, or post-game events/presentation, or how the players acted on the sideline....

...and that is another major area where 2K5 totally pwned. You actually felt like your team was on SC.