PDA

View Full Version : Marshalls blog on McDaniels

Spiritguy
01-29-2009, 01:54 PM
A New Era

We have a new head coach, and I’m excited about the hire.

I think Josh McDaniels is a great choice to lead our team into the future. He brings an extremely bright and talented mind and a new burst of energy and excitement for us.

I tried to follow the search process with an open mind, knowing there were a lot of different directions they could go. When I learned that Coach McDaniels was the choice I felt instantly excited and motivated, just knowing what he has accomplished in New England.

My teammates and I have been blessed to play in a system that gave us the chance to perform and achieve success. I respect Mike Shanahan and believe he’s one of the best offensive coaches in the history of the game, and will always be appreciative of the opportunity he gave me.

But I also think Coach McDaniels is extremely talented himself. When you look at what his offense achieved in New England, not just the team and individual records they set, but the creativity and innovation he brought, it makes you excited to play for him. The records they set in 2007 speak for themselves, but it’s even more impressive when you look at what he did this year after losing the league MVP, Tom Brady, in the first game. They’ve had star players, but it still takes somebody special to orchestrate it.

People are going to talk a lot about his age, and it will definitely be different for us, but it’s not about age as much as it is about experience, and he has built a great reputation in a short amount of time. He has coached on both sides of the ball, he’s been a coordinator and he also has experience in player personnel, so he knows what it takes to be a head coach. And his youth can also make it easier for him to relate and connect with us as players. Not that we didn’t have a connection before, but it’s different with a young head coach.

This is a new beginning for all of us, and we’re more motivated than ever to bring a championship to Denver.

Brandon “The Beast” Marshall

http://www.bmarshall15.com/blog/?p=25

BeefStew25
01-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I am sure he wrote that.

Spiritguy
01-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey Bief, you think he has a ghost writer?

Aloha! Just practicing that for next week when I go to the Pro Bowl!
I haven’t had a new blog for you lately because I’ve been traveling and spending some time in Orlando with my family, so I wanted to give you an update on what’s been going on.

I’ve been training for the Pro Bowl, which has mainly consisted of some running and light lifting to try to stay strong. But when I get back it’s definitely going to be time to hit the training really hard for the offseason, because I went and swung the clubs the other day and it didn’t look good. I also hit the lanes and went bowling for the first time in a while and rolled a career low. I will not disclose that score, but it definitely woke me up! Time to get after it.

Before I head to Hawaii , though, I’ll be going over to Tampa for some of the Super Bowl festivities. There are a few appearances and events scheduled, and I’m going to be stopping in at the media center on Thursday to pay a visit to my man Jim Rome on radio row, so be sure to listen!

Thanks for checking in and for supporting my teammates and me.

Brandon “The Beast” Marshall

LRtagger
01-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Where are all the "uhs" and "ums"

Spiritguy
01-29-2009, 02:27 PM
maybe he has some one doing spell check and such :laugh:

Broncospsycho77
01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
What was his major at Central Florida?

MOtorboat
01-29-2009, 02:32 PM
What was his major at Central Florida?

Football.

EastCoastBronco
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
He should be working on his ball catching skills instead of writing blogs...

honz
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
He probably gives what he writes to someone that just cleans it up a little bit...

fcspikeit
01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Where are all the "uhs" and "ums"

LOL, who here writes as they speak? If I did there would be a lot more **** *** :lol:

You also have to leave words out when you find there is no correct spelling for them..

Words like, Useta, As in, I useta could run faster.. :laugh:

BroncoWave
01-29-2009, 04:00 PM
He should be working on his ball catching skills instead of writing blogs...

You're right, he should have absolutely no free or personal time to himself. :rolleyes:

He should just be all football football football 24/7 that way he can be burnt out by the time next season begins. God forbid he take a few minutes out of his day to share his thoughts with his fans. How selfish of him. :rolleyes:

Just because he is writing blogs doesn't mean he's devoting any less time to working on his ball-catching skills. That's just utter ridiculousness.

dogfish
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I am sure he wrote that.

i'm sure you're right-- certainly no dumb jock could produce such pulitzer-worthy material as that on his own. . .

EastCoastBronco
01-30-2009, 11:33 AM
You're right, he should have absolutely no free or personal time to himself. :rolleyes:

He should just be all football football football 24/7 that way he can be burnt out by the time next season begins. God forbid he take a few minutes out of his day to share his thoughts with his fans. How selfish of him. :rolleyes:

Just because he is writing blogs doesn't mean he's devoting any less time to working on his ball-catching skills. That's just utter ridiculousness.

Did you forget your sarcasm detector at home? Dial it down a knotch. What are you? The president of his fan club?

BeefStew25
01-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Did you forget your sarcasm detector at home? Dial it down a knotch. What are you? The president of his fan club?

Emo Dorm Rat. He can't help it.

broncobryce
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Regardless, I don't care if he can't spell "dog". (even though I don't think Brandon is dumb). As long as he keeps catching 100 passes a year and working hard, the blogs are just a bonus. It's nice to hear straight from the players mouth.

LRtagger
01-30-2009, 02:30 PM
LOL, who here writes as they speak?

I do...I'm exactly like that stupid cell phone commercial. Especially at work.

I'm like "OMFG boss I will have that work done ASAP, LOL smileyface"