PDA

View Full Version : Elway: There’s no bigger Tebow supporter than me

DenBronx
12-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 10, 2011, 1:38 PM EST

Broncos front office boss John Elway is trying hard to reverse the perception that he’s not a believer in Tim Tebow.

In an interview with Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, Elway said that he considers himself a Tebow fan and is hoping to see Tebow follow in his footsteps as a star franchise quarterback for the Broncos.

“Do I know where that ceiling is? I hope that ceiling is a mile high,” Elway said. “It’s just hard to predict. I don’t have that answer right now. But there’s nobody more supportive or wants him to be that guy than me."

READ THE FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/10/elway-no-bigger-tebow-supporter-than-me/

SoCalImport
12-10-2011, 02:44 PM
yeah. read this a little while ago.

This whole "Elway said what?" reaction that seems to be coming from 15's less than rational fan base will hopefully be put to rest. It has been extra silly from the word go.

DenBronx
12-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Take from the article what you will but earlier in the year John also has said "I'm his biggest fan." and that he also plans to work with him in the offseason personally. John has spoken the truth time and time again about it but everyone, at least in the media, that John will try and move Tim the first chance he gets.

Truth is John has shown tough love at times but I truly believe he just wants to motivate and bring the best out of TT.

DenBronx
12-10-2011, 02:46 PM

This whole "Elway said what?" reaction that seems to be coming from 15's less than rational fan base will hopefully be put to rest. It has been extra silly from the word go.

Yeah, it came out at 1:38 pm eastern today.

Joel
12-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe it’s unfair to judge Elway on facial expressions and body language, but that’s life.
It's no more fair than judging a QB on his footwork and throwing motion, which at least have SOME relevance to his performance.

But Elway insists that he does think Tebow has a future, and he said he plans to work with Tebow and Broncos quarterbacks coach Adam Gase during the offseason. Elway also said he thinks the biggest mechanical improvement Tebow should make is to adjust his footwork, not to overhaul his throwing motion.
Those are both good things to hear; screwing with his throwing motion is likely to do more harm than good for at least several years, but improving his footwork should help speed up his delivery as well as help him move in the pocket without leaving it. No surprise about the plans to work with Tebow in the offseason, and I can think of no one better suited to the job. The only one who might come close would be Young, but Elway was a MUCH better passer while still being a good enough runner that he won't tell Tebow to take that out of his game and try to be Aikman or Manning.

Northman
12-10-2011, 03:49 PM
But...but...he's going to trade him in the offseason......lmao

camdisco24
12-10-2011, 03:53 PM
I think Jags would disagree.

Northman
12-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I think Jags would disagree.

^This post was endorsed by TTSuperman.

sneakers
12-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Paging Vhatever......paging vhatever...

wayninja
12-10-2011, 04:42 PM
It's a smokescreen. A double bluff. An X-K-Red-27 technique.

Obviously you guys don't know anything about intelligence work.

DenBronx
12-10-2011, 05:15 PM
It's just a smokescreen. Elway is going to move heaven and earth to get a pocket passer.

3-way trade with Indy, Jags and Denver.

Tebow goes to Jags.
Top 10 pick goes to Indy via Jags
2012 1st round and 2nd round goes to Indy via Denver
Denver takes Luck #1 overall. Elway goes apeshit and his man crush is a reality!

Or

Indy takes Luck, Denver ships Tebow to Jags, Jags ship top 10 pick to Indy and Indy sends Manning to Denver. Elway goes gungho trying to WIN NOW with our defense coming on strong. Then they make a play for Reggie Wayne as a free agent.

So we give up Tebow for Manning or Luck.

kidding of course......

TXBRONC
12-10-2011, 09:27 PM

But did he say it with enough enthusiasm?

Clipworthy
12-10-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Elway has multiple personality disorder

broncobryce
12-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Saw this. Interesting that Elway is only doing so many interviews because of a prior contract. That explains a few things, as I don't think it is the ideal situation given the circumstances. I still stand that we will not take a high impact QB next year.

bcbronc
12-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't believe anything Elway or any other (defacto) GM says about personnel.

wayninja
12-10-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't believe anything Elway or any other (defacto) GM says about personnel.

Normally I would agree with you, but Elway and the FO have made a big deal about 'transparency'. They have basically laid it on the line and will really damage their credibility if they are seen to be deceiving the public after making such a big deal about being 'open'.

I guess we'll see, I have a certain amount of skepticism myself, but this definitely isn't like most FO's.

Bullgator
12-10-2011, 10:28 PM

FOR THE RECORD!

15's fan base has been more than rational.. in fact we have been RIGHT.

IT'S YOU NON 15 GUYS that are irrational, and a little scared quite frankly to accept what WE already know.

Elway was judged CORRECTLY for his careless comments and has totally 180ed because of the RATIONAL backlash for his PR mistakes.

Where have I been wrong to be called irrational???????????

wayninja
12-10-2011, 10:38 PM
FOR THE RECORD!

IT'S YOU NON 15 GUYS that are irrational, and a little scared quite frankly to accept what WE already know.

Elway was judged CORRECTLY for his careless comments and has totally 180ed because of the RATIONAL backlash for his PR mistakes.

Elway 180'd? Wouldn't that mean that he is now saying he hates Tebow and is going to dump him in the nearest ditch?

:confused:

Yes, you've been irrational. Elway clarified his innocuous comments because of irrational backlash.

Pudge
12-10-2011, 10:55 PM

FOR THE RECORD!

Wow I am a huge Tebow fan ever since the texans game but that makes all Tebow fans look like nut jobs....

Pudge
12-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Excessive punctuation always seems to make you more credible though, maybe I should give him props

Bullgator
12-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Elway 180'd? Wouldn't that mean that he is now saying he hates Tebow and is going to dump him in the nearest ditch?

:confused:

Yes, you've been irrational. Elway clarified his innocuous comments because of irrational backlash.

No, actually it is you who are doing what you accuse me of doing. Because Elway is your legend(and rightfully so) you are defending him irrationally.

The truth is Elway wants a passer man. He KNOWS what it takes to win in this league and he RIGHTFULLY wants a better passer than Tebow.. A more reliable passer. Something he can count on even if it is less upside.

He does not want Timmy. He likes Timmy as a person, that's obvious. I'm sure he loves the marketability, but he just doesn't think that he can beat the Arron Rodgers of the world.

And he would be right normally. He has seen many cocksure players in his day... step up and get their dreams crushed. He knows that "Ra-Ra" attitude and hard work will only get you so far.

What he did not account for is that TT has the football IQ along with the will to win and clutch ability. He is now seeing that TT can be a special player beyond his intangibles because he can dictate what the D does by showing them what they WANT to see, and playing off it. As he did by staring Decker down to get DT over the top. He is simply outsmarting Defenses... ask the Jets on that final play... you think it was a mistake that Smith angled tight on his blitz? He lost contain not because he made a mental error, no, he was TRICKED by TT. That play was DICTATED... but anyway I digress...

Elway is starting to finally think that this kid deserves a chance to see if he can make it to the next level of football...

Because don't be fooled' Elway belives in himself as a GM much more than he believes in Timmy as a QB... If TT wins but cant win a title Elway WILL deal him.

Tim has 1 more year to show if he can be That Guy.

The point was... MY point was, that is great! Thats fine that John feels this way... not only is it his right but quite frankly its the safer play.

No one would fault you for dealing Tim(except the Denver fans), but if you stick with the guy only becusee of his social popularity, well that makes you an effing noob.

BUT (and I have made this case more than once) You just don't share your feelings on that mid season DURING a winning streak and in the play off hunt especially. Those comments were not a ringing endorsement, and if its not that then you just don't say it. Screw transparent, there is nothing positive that can be garnered from that. As a stalwart fan of Tim's I was not cool with what he said but that's not why it was a bad move and hence got called out. You answer that with more savvy period.

He has 180ed COMPLETELY, not because he's going keep Tim or even like him as a QB... but because he is SAYING THE SAME THING HE DID BEFORE. Except that he has now finally hes speaking with savvy.

I mean what did he say really? That he would like for Tim be that guy... did he say that Tim WAS or IS GOING to be that guy? No.. hes saying the same thing.... "I Don't Know" but see how much nicer this is?

He 180ed on HOW he answered IDK. He is learning on the job and that backlash taught him a little something.

I do believe this is most rational.

DenBronx
12-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Elway never 180d, 360d, 45 degreed, U-turned or any of that shit!

He has spoke the truth since day 1!!!

wayninja
12-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Long rant somehow proving how rational my stance is.

Um...yeah... Ok... You win dude, you are being VERY rational... just come down from that ledge.

threefolddead
12-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Just to chime in on this, when did Elway badmouth Tebow? As a bronco fan first and foremost I want people who are going to analyze every position every year and not jump to conclusions. There is no reason for Elway to come out and say that Tebow is the QB of the future and that he has a man crush on him because it would make no sense. Elway is overseeing a very strange phenom in the NFL and he has to look at this from a NFL football point of view. What scares me is the last thing new in the nfl that worked for a year was the wildcat. That was great and all but the Dolphins died the next year from it. What Elway and all rational fans of the BRONCOS are waiting for is to see if this can work multiple years in a row. We want to see Tebow grow into a better QB. I was all for tebow starting this year but I just don't understand why if you are not full on with tebows fans then you are against them. They want Elway to come out and kiss Tebows butt and it aint gonna happen. Anything that can be conceived negatively is and it really is getting old. It feels like having a jealous wife on the forums who read into everything way to far. As hilarious as it is, I think they need a dose of NFL rationality instead of blind faith.

Jsteve01
12-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi bull

Bullgator
12-11-2011, 07:39 PM
:wave: :D
Hi bull

Chef Zambini
12-11-2011, 07:47 PM
elway looked excited and happy didn't he?

Northman
12-11-2011, 07:48 PM
It was awesome watching Elway smiling and giving high fives!!!!!!!!!! Elway is loving this!

Dreadnought
12-11-2011, 07:48 PM
It was awesome watching Elway smiling and giving high fives!!!!!!!!!! Elway is loving this!

Agreed - we've got something special building here!

701Bronco
12-11-2011, 07:49 PM
elway looked excited and happy didn't he?

Yes and it was awesome, what a game!