PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck to the broncos via the Colts???

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Could this be a rerun of Elways path to the Denver Broncos, just a thought....:beer:

chazoe60
12-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Sorry Vettes, you're going to be stuck watching Tim Tebow lead the Broncos to wins for at least one more season.

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry Vettes, you're going to be stuck watching Tim Tebow lead the Broncos to wins for at least one more season.

truly starting to believe this might be the right plan, just need a tt type backup to carry on the offense if tt gets hurt.

sneakers
12-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Where is Chris Hinton?

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Where is Chris Hinton?

maybe he has a son coming out of the draft????:lol:

Dzone
12-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Luck couldnt carry Tebows jockstrap.

:pound:

Northman
12-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Colts will be taking Luck.

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Luck couldnt carry Tebows jockstrap.

:pound:

but he could pass it....:lol:

SR
12-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Could this be a rerun of Elways path to the Denver Broncos, just a thought....:beer:

I was thinking you'd say something like it'd be the Colts drafting Luck and sending him to Kansas City via Denver so Denver could get Orton back since you haven't completed your love affair with him.

Northman
12-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Vettes has a love affair with Orton?

Bhwathahahahahahahahaha

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I was thinking you'd say something like it'd be the Colts drafting Luck and sending him to Kansas City via Denver so Denver could get Orton back since you haven't completed your love affair with him.

dont get me going on the o thing again:D

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Vettes has a love affair with Orton?

Bhwathahahahahahahahaha

u brought his name up not me......:confused:

SR
12-09-2011, 10:52 PM
dont get me going on the o thing again:D

You brought that shit on yourself...and now you're trying to push it under the rug like some of us won't remember where your loyalties lie. Epic.

North...he said he'd be happy if Orton came to Denver in week 17 and laid it on Denver because he's a nice guy.

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 10:59 PM
You brought that shit on yourself...and now you're trying to push it under the rug like some of us won't remember where your loyalties lie. Epic.

North...he said he'd be happy if Orton came to Denver in week 17 and laid it on Denver because he's a nice guy.

you hate him i like him, nothing wrong with that!!! is there:confused: you have your opionion about him i have mine, i respect that!!!! you should to...

Dzone
12-09-2011, 11:06 PM
What is there to like about Orton?

Northman
12-09-2011, 11:07 PM
When you wish for your team to lose you are not a Bronco fan. Plain and simple. Nice guy or not.

chazoe60
12-09-2011, 11:07 PM

He's awesome if you're playing against him.

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
When you wish for your team to lose you are not a Bronco fan. Plain and simple. Nice guy or not.

while your across the country watching the broncos play on a 5 second delay, i will be sitting in the stands at mile high cheering them on in person, with the cash i pump into my season tickets every year, i consider myself a bronco fan:beer:

Northman
12-09-2011, 11:11 PM
while your across the country watching the broncos play on a 5 second delay, i will be sitting in the stands at mile high cheering them on in person, with the cash i pump into my season tickets every year, i consider myself a bronco fan:beer:

Sure, easy to say that online. :lol:

chazoe60
12-09-2011, 11:13 PM

Except your words have outed you as a fraud. Tell us all again how you'd love to see Orton beat us and keep us out of the playoffs.

Just because your daddy buys you season tickets does not mean you're anymore of a Broncos fan than anyone else.

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Sure, easy to say that online. :lol:

keep slamming me because i love your avatar!!!:D

vettesplus
12-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Except your words have outed you as a fraud. Tell us all again how you'd love to see Orton beat us and keep us out of the playoffs.

Just because your daddy buys you season tickets does not mean you're anymore of a Broncos fan than anyone else.

:lol::lol::lol: thats good i like that!!!!:beer:

wayninja
12-10-2011, 12:13 AM
This is wishful thinking at it's worst.

cmc0605
12-10-2011, 12:18 AM
I doubt we have what it takes to move up so far to take Luck (or trade for him once the Colts have him). The Colts did get very lucky (pun intended) with Peyton's injury though. It's not too often you have a franchise go down, and potentially another franchise guy to step right in (happened to Green Bay too).

In any case, I think Tebow will be here at least one more year; certainly, if he keeps up the passing like in the Minnesota game, he will have earned it.

wayninja
12-10-2011, 12:35 AM
Here's a better question than can we; Should we?

No. We have other needs and selling the farm isn't one of them.

Canmore
12-10-2011, 12:41 AM

Nothing!

BCJ
12-10-2011, 01:44 AM
i didnt know Luck could play baseball and was drafted by the Yankees. Who knew?

Davii
12-10-2011, 02:00 AM
you hate him i like him, nothing wrong with that!!! is there:confused: you have your opionion about him i have mine, i respect that!!!! you should to...

"Liking" him more than the team you supposedly root for is another story altogether though...

BroncoBJ
12-10-2011, 02:42 AM
but he could pass it....:lol:

:lol: Now that was pretty funny. But yea, I just hope that we keep winning games and Tebow keeps improving, and we go from there. Would love to have a draft pick in the 20's and just draft a position of need to continue building this team, instead of try to get a QB, have him learn for a few years and go thru the same process that we have been in since 2006.

BroncoBJ
12-10-2011, 02:46 AM

True that. Even last year at 4-11 going in to our final game, knowing that a win would mean we might not draft at #2. But a loss would gurantee it. I still wanted us to win and was pissed and sad at the end when we lost. Just very hard for me to root for Denver to lose. I don't think I could ever do that. :lol: at people who do root against us though, just so they can be " right".

I Eat Staples
12-10-2011, 03:53 AM

Nothing wrong with liking Orton, I like Orton as a person too. But there is definitely something wrong with cheering for him when he's playing us.

And if you really do have season tickets then it's a shame you're taking up seats rooting for the Chiefs when a large number of fans are at home rooting for the Broncos.

CoachChaz
12-10-2011, 04:17 AM
If the Colts draft Luck, they need to trade Manning. Both on the same team is disaster. Let the young guy grow with what will be a rebuilding project

Joel
12-10-2011, 05:14 AM
The Colts don't suck as badly now as then. Really. And we don't need a QB as badly.

claymore
12-10-2011, 08:02 AM
I can see Tebow to Jacksonville (New owner, slagging ticket sales, Tebowfan boi epicenter)for their first and us sending both firsts for Luck. I think it all depends on how Mannings neck is.

Nomad
12-10-2011, 08:06 AM
I can see Tebow to Jacksonville (New owner, slagging ticket sales, Tebowfan boi epicenter)for their first and us sending both firsts for Luck. I think it all depends on how Mannings neck is.

Jacksonville owner would probably give his right nut to have Tebow. He's probably called Elway once or twice so far.

BTW, OP.....not happening.

claymore
12-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Jacksonville owner would probably give his right nut to have Tebow. He's probably called Elway once or twice so far.

BTW, OP.....not happening.

New owner, whos SAID that Jacksonville isnt going anywhere. The fan base isnt that strong. If they could make us an offer we couldnt refuse, and they could instantly add a devoted fan base I dont see why this wouldnt happen.

Shazam!
12-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Oh God.

claymore
12-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Oh God.

Great, now you woke up Tebow. :rolleyes:

Shazam!
12-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I don't know if forums and fans of other 1st place teams are talking about the Draft and not speculating the postseason.

claymore
12-10-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't know if forums and fans of other 1st place teams are talking about the Draft and not speculating the postseason.

Our situation seems to be more of a fluke, Luck with an EASY schedule, or destiny. Not sure which yet.

As we saw with Cutler, no one is safe. Especially a guy that "revolutionizes" the game.

In order for Tebow to be safe, I think we need more games like the raider game and less games decided by 3 points in the last 30 seconds.

I like Tebow, but I still think its a fluke. If we could rape jacksonville, Id do it.

Dreadnought
12-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Our situation seems to be more of a fluke, Luck with an EASY schedule, or destiny. Not sure which yet.

As we saw with Cutler, no one is safe. Especially a guy that "revolutionizes" the game.

In order for Tebow to be safe, I think we need more games like the raider game and less games decided by 3 points in the last 30 seconds.

I like Tebow, but I still think its a fluke. If we could rape jacksonville, Id do it.

At this point no way. Luck goes first, and that won't be the Jagwads. Anyways, there is no guarantee than any of the QB's drafted this year won't be more Blaine Gabbart than Drew Brees. Bird in the hand and all that, and the one we have is everything I would have asked for I think. He is the antithesis of Kyle Orton in every way imaginable.

The Minnesota game decided it for me. That was the win I was waiting for, where we won it by killing an opponent with a medium to deep passing game even when the defense stunk.

Nomad
12-10-2011, 08:57 AM

I thought you said a few weeks ago, you didn't want any drama this offseason.:lol:

chazoe60
12-10-2011, 09:44 AM
At this point no way. Luck goes first, and that won't be the Jagwads. Anyways, there is no guarantee than any of the QB's drafted this year won't be more Blaine Gabbart than Drew Brees. Bird in the hand and all that, and the one we have is everything I would have asked for I think. He is the antithesis of Kyle Orton in every way imaginable.

The Minnesota game decided it for me. That was the win I was waiting for, where we won it by killing an opponent with a medium to deep passing game even when the defense stunk.

/thread

Shazam!
12-10-2011, 10:05 AM
No more friggin' trades.

We traded away our last 1st Rd. QB.

Denver brass won't do it again.

This team will eaither succeed or burn with Tebow.

He's the man here now.

even though it doesn't matter what I think and Im not running the team, I'm totally sold and I want him driving this offense for the next 10+ years.

Dzone
12-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Is it possible that vettesplus is actually topscribe in disguise?

Ranger
12-10-2011, 11:23 AM
The price is too high for Luck. Multiple 1st rnd picks and giving up a current young star (Tebow or Miller) is way too high a price.
The first year of Luck would NOT bring playoffs, and the rebuilding of the aging defense would have been put on hold. IMHO, the best strategy is to use all assets to finish building the defense (CB, DT) and get a great RB to rotate with McGahee.

BroncoBJ
12-10-2011, 11:25 AM

Doubt it. Most teams forums have intelligent posters I would hope. :fight:

vettesplus
12-10-2011, 12:38 PM

and you call yourself a bronco fan...:confused:

your post in the "chicago has not lost in denver' thread...
"Put this garbage in The hippie's negativity thread would ya'

But yeah we obviously have no shot. It's gonna be a blood bath."

camdisco24
12-10-2011, 01:07 PM

:lol: IT'S THE VOODOO THREAD.

Northman
12-10-2011, 01:10 PM
:lol: IT'S THE VOODOO THREAD.

Shhhh, i was enjoying his idiocy. :lol:

rcsodak
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I doubt we have what it takes to move up so far to take Luck (or trade for him once the Colts have him). The Colts did get very lucky (pun intended) with Peyton's injury though. It's not too often you have a franchise go down, and potentially another franchise guy to step right in (happened to Green Bay too).

In any case, I think Tebow will be here at least one more year; certainly, if he keeps up the passing like in the Minnesota game, he will have earned it.
Isnt it a sad day when an NFL QB passes for 202yds and its reason to keep him?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
12-10-2011, 01:15 PM
If the Colts draft Luck, they need to trade Manning. Both on the same team is disaster. Let the young guy grow with what will be a rebuilding project

Manning's done, chaz. Dont you think? And having him as a sideline mentor could do wonders for the rook.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

claymore
12-10-2011, 01:15 PM

I see where all ya'll are coming from. Tebow has been a stallion. I dont fault anyone for loving the dude.

weazel
12-10-2011, 01:17 PM
why is this not in the black hole?

Ravage!!!
12-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Because its been a legitimate thought ofr a long time now. Was just on sports radio talking about Elway's situation and Tebow, this morning. Many don't believe Elway is convinced that Tebow is the guy, and the questions remain if he is.

I'm fully on the Tebow wagon for this season.... and Elway is too. But Elway is the one that has to make a VERY hard decision based for the future of this franchise. A lot will depend on where we are in the draft, if we can move up, and whats available.

Tebow is fun to watch...but its our defense that is a blast to watch right now, more than anything else.

This should probably just be put on hold...considering we have a division to win first.

Northman
12-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Because its been a legitimate thought ofr a long time now. Was just on sports radio talking about Elway's situation and Tebow, this morning. Many don't believe Elway is convinced that Tebow is the guy, and the questions remain if he is.

I'm fully on the Tebow wagon for this season.... and Elway is too. But Elway is the one that has to make a VERY hard decision based for the future of this franchise. A lot will depend on where we are in the draft, if we can move up, and whats available.

Tebow is fun to watch...but its our defense that is a blast to watch right now, more than anything else.

This should probably just be put on hold...considering we have a division to win first.

I agree with most of what you said but i disagree about Tebow. He has been really fun to watch this year along with the defense. Havent been this excited for Bronco football since 08'.

Ravage!!!
12-10-2011, 01:25 PM
I agree with most of what you said but i disagree about Tebow. He has been really fun to watch this year along with the defense. Havent been this excited for Bronco football since 08'.

Tebow is VERY exciting to watch, in the last five minutes of the game. The Defense, to me, has been OUTSTANDING...and watching Von Miller become our Derrick Thomas is fun fun to me!!

So its defense for 55 minutes, and the offense of 5, and I'm GOOD! :beer:

jhildebrand
12-10-2011, 01:29 PM

“Do I know where that ceiling is? I hope that ceiling is a mile high,” Elway told FOXSports.com on Thursday from inside his executive vice president’s office at team headquarters. “It’s just hard to predict. I don’t have that answer right now. But there’s nobody more supportive or wants him to be that guy than me.”

Great article at http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Denver-Broncos-John-Elway-wants-Tim-Tebow-to-succeed-121011

Agreed :beer:

Let's not forget how many holes this team truly has! The reality is this team was never as bad as it looked with Orton (something I have maintained for a long time), his deficiencies just exacerbated the weaknesses.

Conversely, this team isn't as great as it appears with Tebow (his strengths and intangibles overcome some of the weaknesses). The wins are there. But let's not be so naive to pretend that the large quantity of holes that existed prior to Tebow being inserted into the lineup no longer exist!

Build the team. That is Xanders and Elway's job. Teams have won with the likes of Flacco, Dilfer, Johnson, Alex Smith, because the team is sound at most positions. They can build the team because Tebow helping them to wins allows them to do so. I don't think people are realizing what a real blessing that is! It takes so much pressure off the FO. In the end, Tebow will either progress or not. If he does, GREAT! If he doesn't, this team would be in a much better place to insert a rookie a la Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers!

catfish
12-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I think Vette just has a thing for neckbeards

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i405/cbailey135/neckbeards.jpg

:)

SR
12-10-2011, 09:18 PM

I don't hate Orton, but I do think he's not a very good QB. I'd never wish for any former Bronco to come to Denver and beat the Broncos. You're heinous.

SR
12-10-2011, 09:21 PM

Good for you. Your medal is in the mail. And while the cliche "actions speak louder than words" applies to most, when all we know are your words, your words have the biggest volume...your words defy your so called loyalty to this team. Don't want your fandom questioned? Don't make stupid ******* comments about former players coming in to Denver and beating the Broncos because they're "nice".

Day1BroncoFan
12-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Didn't read the whole thread, only the first post but, surely you jest.

SR
12-10-2011, 09:25 PM

You have absolutely no room to question someone's dedication to this team. Quit deflecting...

dogfish
12-11-2011, 04:20 AM

and i don't know if fans of other teams are bright enough to walk and chew gum at the same time, but i am. . .

i'll be at the game tomorrow cheering myself hoarse, and i can almost guarantee you i'll talk draft to someone, at some point. . . it's not a conflict of interest. . .

know what REALLY makes draft talk fun right now? the fact that most of us are talking about drafting a defensive player with our first pick, or possibly an offensive lineman or running back-- somebody to come in and add to what we're doing now, instead of burning another pick to replace a current starter. . .

as for the thread topic, i don't believe for a second that elway is going to trade tebow or make any other type of move for luck. . . not buying it. . . five weeks ago? absolutely. . . not now, though. . . john elway was all about winning FAR before charlie sheen, and the duke is not going to trade tim when the guy's winning every week and starting to show improvement as a passer. . . silly idea. . .

vettesplus
12-11-2011, 12:24 PM
i have this o debate with the guy i sit next to at the games, he is a o hater, but the difference between him and a bunch of you is he has class about it. we argue every game as we buy each other beers... he respects my opinion and i respect his opionion...just saying... well i would like to stay and watch all you slam me but i gotta go, heading out to do some t-gating before the game.... broncos 13 bears 10:beer:

Northman
12-11-2011, 12:52 PM
i have this o debate with the guy i sit next to at the games, he is a o hater, but the difference between him and a bunch of you is he has class about it. we argue every game as we buy each other beers... he respects my opinion and i respect his opionion...just saying... well i would like to stay and watch all you slam me but i gotta go, heading out to do some t-gating before the game.... broncos 13 bears 10:beer:

When you openly root against your team you deserve no respect.

catfish
12-11-2011, 03:30 PM

for the record I wasn't trying to slam you...maybe bust your balls a little, but not slam

vettesplus
12-11-2011, 08:37 PM

damn, what a game...i guess i picked this one pretty good. i have been some what of a doubter even after last weeks game, but after todays game, i am convinced that tt along with this team has a chance to make some noise the rest of the way, slam me all you want but i am in the saddle and buckled in...great job broncos...:beer:

vettesplus
12-11-2011, 08:41 PM
When you openly root against your team you deserve no respect.

thats a good one keep them coming..:kiss::lol:

horsepig
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Where is Chris Hinton?

Fishing for catfish.

SR
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
thats a good one keep them coming..:kiss::lol:

Are you oblivious to everything you've ever said regarding your love affair with Orton?

horsepig
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
damn, what a game...i guess i picked this one pretty good. i have been some what of a doubter even after last weeks game, but after todays game, i am convinced that tt along with this team has a chance to make some noise the rest of the way, slam me all you want but i am in the saddle and buckled in...great job broncos...:beer:

:beer:

vettesplus
12-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Are you oblivious to everything you've ever said regarding your love affair with Orton?

you keep bringing him up, whos in love????:confused:

vettesplus
12-11-2011, 09:15 PM
i am man enough to admit, i have been abit negative about the broncos this year, but walking out of the stadium today i looked up at the scoreboard and seen the final score along with tt stats and told myself " this is really for real" i am a born again believer. but still with a realistic mind....

SR
12-11-2011, 09:15 PM
you keep bringing him up, whos in love????:confused:

Sweet comeback.

vettesplus
12-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Sweet comeback.