PDA

View Full Version : Disliked songs

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 08:08 PM
What is a song that if you never heard again in your life, you'd be okay with that?

shank
01-28-2009, 08:12 PM
anything by AC/DC.

Slick
01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
There are wayyyyy to many to list.

Basically radio music in general.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 08:15 PM

Name one.

Slick
01-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Name one.

Anything on the radio by Led Zepplin. I love them, but they play like four songs of theirs. They have at least 10 albums of great music yet we hear the same four songs by them, I don't care what city or state you live in.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Anything on the radio by Led Zepplin. I love them, but they play like four songs of theirs. They have at least 10 albums of great music yet we hear the same four songs by them, I don't care what city or state you live in.

Kind of like on Wayne's World where he goes to the music store and starts to play "Stairway to Heaven" and the store employee points to the No Stairway to Heaven Allowed sign? :lol:

Slick
01-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Kind of like on Wayne's World where he goes to the music store and starts to play "Stairway to Heaven" and the store employee points to the No Stairway to Heaven Allowed sign? :lol:

Exactly! I like this idea for a thread. I will try to think of more.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Anything by Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey.
Come on, Eileen
Jack and Diane

BigDaddyBronco
01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Tom Sawyer by Rush. I hate Rush and that song is a perfect example of why they blow.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Anything by Leona Lewis, more specifically Bleeding Love.

Slick
01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Tom Sawyer by Rush. I hate Rush and that song is a perfect example of why they blow.

I'll give you Tom Sawyer, but 2112 and Hemispheres kick ass.

Neg rep BDB.

Broncospsycho77
01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Anything by Coldplay.

Not a fan of overplayed 3 Doors Down/Nickelback/Daughtry songs either.

BigDaddyBronco
01-28-2009, 08:38 PM
I'll give you Tom Sawyer, but 2112 and Hemispheres kick ass.

Neg rep BDB.

:eviltongue:

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Santa Baby - ugh I HATE that song with a passion.

Slick
01-28-2009, 08:42 PM
:eviltongue:

Getty Lee's voice is annoying, but Neil Pert's drumming and Alex Lifeson's guitar solos (the old stuff, before he was castrated) are rock and roll at it's finest.

I won't argue taste in music. Some of y'all wouldn't like 90% of what's in my library.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 08:45 PM
The Kinks, You Really Got Me. Only because I can't hear it without hearing Sanjaya butcher it 2 years ago.

Foochacho
01-28-2009, 08:50 PM

The radio is awful. Does anybody really by these peoples music? I'm so glad I can plug in an Ipod in my car. No hard rock or metal stations around me. The hardest thing the rock stations play around me is overplayed system of a down and disturbed. WTF. Then when they have requests people still request the same crap they always play anyway.

I wish I was a D.J. I would laugh at the guy requesting coldplay and play some clips from the 40 year old virgin to tell him why he is gay.

Weezer, greenday, the offspring, and the foo fighters need to quit making music. There time has passed and now they suck ass.

Broncospsycho77
01-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I hate the song "American Idiot" by Green Day. All of that album was horrific.

claymore
01-28-2009, 08:59 PM
The song about the guy that cant make up his mind. By the chic that sings I kissed a girl. I always think its secretly about me. That and anything from Pearl Jam's first album. I actually get angry when I hear that.

Slick
01-28-2009, 09:01 PM
The radio is awful. Does anybody really by these peoples music? I'm so glad I can plug in an Ipod in my car. No hard rock or metal stations around me. The hardest thing the rock stations play around me is overplayed system of a down and disturbed. WTF. Then when they have requests people still request the same crap they always play anyway.

I wish I was a D.J. I would laugh at the guy requesting coldplay and play some clips from the 40 year old virgin to tell him why he is gay.

Weezer, greenday, the offspring, and the foo fighters need to quit making music. There time has passed and now they suck ass.

There was a guy in Charlotte NC that used to say... "Okay folks, I'm playing this Pearl Jam song for the 7th time today...and he'd sigh. He got fired soon after.

They really don't need DJ's. They have a play list and they have to stick to it, I think.

When you said someone requested a song that they'd play anyway, I think they screened everyone else that actually asked for something different. Lame stuff

satellite radio is much better, if you're stuck with radio.

frauschieze
01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf.

Good Lord I HATE that song. ESPECIALLY when it's done karaoke. Just WRONG.

Broncospsycho77
01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
I can only handle one radio station here in Columbus, called Radio 106.7. It's fairly decent... has about one good song per every 3, playing only rock and alternative from the 90s and modern rock. So they'll play a bad Foo Fighters song, a bad 3DD song, and then they'll play one of those decent happy-go-lucky 90's songs (remember "One Week" by Barenaked Ladies?... I forgot all about that one) and I smile a bit. Every once in while they'll play a really great song like some Oasis or some Sublime or something. About a 50-50 chance it's a good song... about 75% chance that I can tolerate it.

http://radio1067.com/main.html

Buff
01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
There are a lot of songs that suck, but sometimes songs come along that suck so bad they actually piss me off when I hear them...

2 that come to mind:

John Legend/Andre 3000 - Green Light

Crank That - Soulja Boy

shank
01-28-2009, 09:09 PM
any and all christmas music

Broncospsycho77
01-28-2009, 09:09 PM

Bing Crosby will kick your ass for saying that.

Dreadnought
01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Paradise by the Dashboard Lights by Meatloaf.

Good Lord I HATE that song. ESPECIALLY when it's done karaoke. Just WRONG.

Gagworthy.

"Imagine" by John Lennon. I loathe everything about that song. "Another Brick in the Wall" - I am embarrassed that I once thought that album was deep a couple of decades ago, and that song is played to death.

Slick
01-28-2009, 09:11 PM

You're just a grumpy old bastage, but I agree. :D

MOtorboat
I really do like the new Coldplay album, but about two weeks ago I was driving to work and heard Viva La Vida on two radio stations at the same time, and that was enough. Time to find a new single.

MOtorboat
Gagworthy.

"Imagine" by John Lennon. I loathe everything about that song. "Another Brick in the Wall" - I am embarrassed that I once thought that album was deep a couple of decades ago, and that song is played to death.

:tsk:

shank
01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Bing Crosby will kick your ass for saying that.

i had to google bing crosby

MOtorboat

Dreadnought

I would cheerfully sit through "Muskrat Love" before I had to listen to "Imagine" ever again

MOtorboat
I would cheerfully sit through "Muskrat Love" before I had to listen to "Imagine" ever again

shank
01-28-2009, 09:15 PM

Buff
01-28-2009, 09:16 PM

shank
01-28-2009, 09:18 PM
buff, let's go to vegas. mo, you can come.

oh, "tessie" by dropkick murphies. blows.

MOtorboat
01-28-2009, 09:24 PM

Hmmm...Vegas with Shank and Buff...

I'm seriously considering this offer.

claymore
01-28-2009, 09:24 PM

That shit was Rock-n-Roll when dread was a kid. :D

Buff
01-28-2009, 09:26 PM

My other friend just said the same thing tonight, he might have his parents timeshare around St. Patty's day, which would cut out one of the expenses...

Another terrible song-- Pain by 3 Days Grace and the other 800 songs on the radio that sound exactly like it.

Broncospsycho77
01-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Dread, did you ever meet the Great Gatsby? jk

MOtorboat
01-28-2009, 09:27 PM
My other friend just said the same thing tonight, he might have his parents timeshare around St. Patty's day, which would cut out one of the expenses...

Another terrible song-- Pain by 3 Days Grace and the other 800 songs on the radio that sound exactly like it.

:elefant:

Slick
01-28-2009, 09:27 PM
This thread could go far. There's a lot of bad music.

Broncospsycho77
01-28-2009, 09:34 PM
OAR - "Turn the Car Around" or anything of theirs in general. My friends love OAR. I can't figure out their appeal.

Panic! at the Disco's first album. Their second one isn't awful, but still emo. In fact, the entire genre is horrid. PATD, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, you name 'em. They're bad.

shank
01-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Hmmm...Vegas with Shank and Buff...

I'm seriously considering this offer.

me and my brother, and whoever else i can convince to go, are probably going up on march 11-14. that's all i know at this point in time.

damn, um... creed and anything that sounds like creed, or like the band might like creed, or be influenced by creed, or if they saw the lead singer of creed their first instinct wouldn't be to punch him in the scrote.

Foochacho
01-28-2009, 09:55 PM
OAR - "Turn the Car Around" or anything of theirs in general. My friends love OAR. I can't figure out their appeal.

Panic! at the Disco's first album. Their second one isn't awful, but still emo. In fact, the entire genre is horrid. PATD, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, you name 'em. They're bad.

You just became the coolest person in my mind. I thought I was the only one who absolutely hates these bands. They aren't even good at being emo, if they were they should of bled to death by now.

Foochacho
01-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Back when MCR's last album came out, and they played the shit out of that gay song about a parade, I ended up breaking my jobsite radio. Those things are supposed to be indestructible. I guess they aren't when you are dealing with someone going crazy because of crap ass music.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 10:00 PM
There was a guy in Charlotte NC that used to say... "Okay folks, I'm playing this Pearl Jam song for the 7th time today...and he'd sigh. He got fired soon after.

They really don't need DJ's. They have a play list and they have to stick to it, I think.

When you said someone requested a song that they'd play anyway, I think they screened everyone else that actually asked for something different. Lame stuff

satellite radio is much better, if you're stuck with radio.

I heard a story once about this guy who called to complain about this song that was played a lot. I want to say it was "U Can't Touch This." So the DJ played it for countless of times in a row.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Gagworthy.

Oh, no, Dread. I thought I knew you. :tsk:

Everyone sings Imagine. I can agree that it has gotten redundant. But Floyd? Come ON! It is deep! The other songs are much better, but man oh man...

I may have to rethink some thinks.

:pout:

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I really do like the new Coldplay album, but about two weeks ago I was driving to work and heard Viva La Vida on two radio stations at the same time, and that was enough. Time to find a new single.

I prefer Violet Hill.

gnomeflinger

How old are you? 12?

shank
Back when MCR's last album came out, and they played the shit out of that gay song about a parade, I ended up breaking my jobsite radio. Those things are supposed to be indestructible. I guess they aren't when you are dealing with someone going crazy because of crap ass music.

the lead singer of MCR is such a bitch.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 10:07 PM

:faint:

Dreadnought
01-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Oh, no, Dread. I thought I knew you. :tsk:

Everyone sings Imagine. I can agree that it has gotten redundant. But Floyd? Come ON! It is deep! The other songs are much better, but man oh man...

I may have to rethink some thinks.

:pout:

"The Wall" is a monument to adolescent self indulgence. Blech. I even like Pink Floyd - but not that one....

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 10:08 PM

What is OAR and PATD?

Slick
01-28-2009, 10:09 PM
"The Wall" is a monument to adolescent self indulgence. Blech. I even like Pink Floyd - but not that one....

I agree. Animals and Meddle. Never ever get sick of either of those two albums

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 10:10 PM

The reason Roger Waters wrote it was for ego reasons. I think that in his self-indulgence, his genius was showing.

If you think Dark Side of the Moon and Animals were good, then I could forgive you for your blasphemy.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 10:10 PM

What is MCR?

I feel like I've missed out on a lot. :laugh:

Dreadnought
01-28-2009, 10:11 PM
The reason Roger Waters wrote it was for ego reasons. I think that in his self-indulgence, his genius was showing.

If you think Dark Side of the Moon and Animals were good, then I could forgive you for your blasphemy.

They are OK - better still is "Meddle" and "Wish you were here"

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 10:13 PM
They are OK - better still is "Meddle" and "Wish you were here"

You're saved. I love you again.

Foochacho
01-28-2009, 11:29 PM
What is MCR?

I feel like I've missed out on a lot. :laugh:

Consider yourself lucky.

PATD- panic at the disco-------->Fags

MCR-my chemical romance-------->More fags

Any questions?

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Consider yourself lucky.

PATD- panic at the disco-------->Fags

MCR-my chemical romance-------->More fags

Any questions?

Yeah, one. What is OAR? (other than another word for a paddle used to make boats move)

I haven't heard any PATD. I thought I liked MCR but I ended up deleting them everytime they cycled on my mp3 player.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Louis Louis
Under Pressure

aberdien
01-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah, one. What is OAR? (other than another word for a paddle used to make boats move)

I haven't heard any PATD. I thought I liked MCR but I ended up deleting them everytime they cycled on my mp3 player.

Oar is the actual name of the band. They've been around for quite a while actually and I don't think they're THAT bad...although I wouldn't listen to them regularly.

bengaaaaals1688
01-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Name a "rap" song on the radio, and I probably despise it and wish it would disappear.

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Name a "rap" song on the radio, and I probably despise it and wish it would disappear.

Hi bengaaaaals. :hi: How's the tat?

bengaaaaals1688
01-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Hi bengaaaaals. :hi: How's the tat?

Sexy as ever... Be nice enough and maybe I'll let you see it again.;)

Broncospsycho77
01-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Oar is the actual name of the band. They've been around for quite a while actually and I don't think they're THAT bad...although I wouldn't listen to them regularly.

Nah, they're hardly the worst. Just vastly overrated for our age group... they're surprisingly adult contemporary for my tastes...

Thnikkaman
01-29-2009, 12:13 PM
California Love - Tu Pac
Anything by Savage Garden, Moby, Fat Boy Slim, or Coldplay
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Sexy as ever... Be nice enough and maybe I'll let you see it again.;)

I am always nice.

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 12:33 PM
California Love - Tu Pac

Coldplay did a concert cover of Ring of Fire. That was kinda fun. I absolutely agree on the Gwen Stefani. That song is uber annoying.

frauschieze
01-29-2009, 12:34 PM
My mother bought my daughter one of those Tooth Tunes toothbrushes and it plays some stupid Hannah Montana song about partying or some such nonsense. I hate it and I hear 4 minutes of it every day.

That toothbrush may 'disappear' in the upcoming move.

shank
01-29-2009, 12:35 PM
hannah montana>seether

frauschieze
01-29-2009, 12:39 PM
hannah montana>seether

Meh. I can handle the occasional Seether song. Hearing the SAME two minutes of a song that has "everywhere we go, everywhere we go, everywhere we go-o" repeated over and over again is infinitely worse than any Seether song.

frauschieze
01-29-2009, 12:43 PM
hannah montana>seether

Are you sober yet, Shank?

Dreadnought
01-29-2009, 12:43 PM
My mother bought my daughter one of those Tooth Tunes toothbrushes and it plays some stupid Hannah Montana song about partying or some such nonsense. I hate it and I hear 4 minutes of it every day.

That is an important parenting skill. Some stuff needs to just go away. Mrs. D still will not admit to what she did with a book called "Busy Busy Monkeys." I still know it by heart 4 years since I last read it.

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 12:57 PM

The good news about those Tooth Tunes is when the battery dies, the toothbrush dies FOREVER!!

frauschieze
01-29-2009, 12:58 PM
The good news about those Tooth Tunes is when the battery dies, the toothbrush dies FOREVER!!

How long does THAT take?

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 12:59 PM
When my oldest kid was a toddler, I babysat a brother and sister. They LOVED The Lion King. That is a fine movie, but not all day every day for weeks on end. One day I suddenly couldn't find it. No idea. A couple of months later, it's a miracle, I found it!

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 01:01 PM
How long does THAT take?

That I don't know. The kids got one of those (one for each :lol:) and lucky for me, they got ones with weak batteries so they died very soon. I remembered looking for a battery and there was no way to open the sucker up to do it so, oops, sorry kids. Into the circular file it goes.

Thnikkaman
01-29-2009, 01:05 PM
When my oldest kid was a toddler, I babysat a brother and sister. They LOVED The Lion King. That is a fine movie, but not all day every day for weeks on end. One day I suddenly couldn't find it. No idea. A couple of months later, it's a miracle, I found it!

I have done that with this book:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MK7F71Y8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Northman
01-29-2009, 01:07 PM

Your insane.

Northman
01-29-2009, 01:10 PM

Its funny, when i was Djing over the internet for various metal stations i used to get requests all the time for Disturbed and shit like that. Although i threw one in every once in a while i just never understood why someone would want me to play the same shit that they can receive on regular radio. There is just so much more out there that is ten times better and more thought provoking than the candy crap that gets played daily. :tsk:

Thnikkaman
01-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh. Any Metallica song on their album Load, or any album produced after that.

Northman
01-29-2009, 01:12 PM

I second that.

bengaaaaals1688
01-29-2009, 01:26 PM
California Love - Tu Pac

You DON'T like California Love?? I love that song.:tsk:

Broncospsycho77
01-29-2009, 01:27 PM
California Love - Tu Pac

That's bananas.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

You knew it was coming.

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 01:27 PM

The only song I like on Load is Hero of the Day.

claymore
01-29-2009, 01:38 PM

Anything after "And Justice for all" is dead to me.

Thnikkaman
01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Anything after "And Justice for all" is dead to me.

I'm not a Metallica fan, but I could listen to their music. Then they souled out.

shank
01-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Are you sober yet, Shank?

i think so.

frauschieze
01-29-2009, 02:14 PM
i think so.

Then head back to the Vegas thread and reread last night's posts.

KCL
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Don't stand so close to me by the Police...I can't stand that song.

Dreadnought
01-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Don't stand so close to me by the Police...I can't stand that song.

Everything Sting is involved in. I am sick to death of him and everything that is Sting related.

KCL
01-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Everything Sting is involved in. I am sick to death of him and everything that is Sting related.

Same here Dread....I never was a fan of Sting.

underrated29
01-29-2009, 02:40 PM
any country song,
any smashing pumpkin song

bengaaaaals1688
01-29-2009, 03:45 PM
any country song,
any smashing pumpkin song

I can tolerate a total of ONE country song, and that's Amazed by Lonestar.

What, I can have a soft side, too.:rolleyes:

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
I Just Want to Fly
Fly Like an Eagle
I Shot the Sheriff
I'm Every Woman
anything by Gloria Estefan with or without the Miami Sound Machine

spikerman
01-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Any rap "song"
Bohemian Rhapsody. uuggh.

Hobe
01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Bob Dylan, Forever Young

If you've never heard it and enjoy pain here you go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P22cMZFvJAs

If that wasn't painful enough try the Bob Dylan/Bruce Springsteen duet!

Buff
01-29-2009, 07:59 PM

:negrep:

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of top 20-30 songs of all time...

Simple Jaded
01-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Anything by Cher and Kid Rock.......They should do a duet called "We write the songs that make the whole world puke".......

spikerman
01-29-2009, 09:09 PM
:negrep:

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of top 20-30 songs of all time...I actually like a lot of Queen stuff, but that song is like nails on a chalk board.

I accept your negrep and fart in your general direction (said in my best French accent). :D

Jaws
01-29-2009, 09:46 PM
God Save the Queen. Such dreary words and tune.

Gimme the Welsh anthem "Land of my Fathers" any day. :D

Den21vsBal19
01-29-2009, 09:49 PM

I like the Brian May version though ;)

Jaws
01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
I like the Brian May version though ;)

Yep. That has a good deal more heart and go in it.

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I actually like a lot of Queen stuff, but that song is like nails on a chalk board.

I accept your negrep and fart in your general direction (said in my best French accent). :D

spikerman, you are good peeps in my book. :salute:

(for the Holy Grail reference)

gnomeflinger
01-29-2009, 10:20 PM

Sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" instead. :lol:

slim
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Rap

aberdien
01-29-2009, 11:32 PM
That's bananas.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

You knew it was coming.

What's weird is anytime I think of bananas I have to say that part of the song.

And i've never actually listened to the song the whole way through.

Broncospsycho77
01-30-2009, 02:40 PM

Completely disagree... one of the few songs listed as "great" that are artistic enough to be on that list. Best vocal harmonies of any Queen song, most epic chord progressions ever (especially the very end), but maybe the worst karaoke song ever. Queen, and only Queen, should sing it.

What's weird is anytime I think of bananas I have to say that part of the song.

And i've never actually listened to the song the whole way through.

I can't make it through either. Too nasally for me. It's moderately funny though because now the only time I think of it is in the Office when Kelly sings it.

OB
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
anything sung by a Disney Channel person

Benetto
01-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Rockabye baby...

Our baby's swing plays it, and its one of the only things that keeps her from crying when shes having a fit....So I hear it all the friggin time...Comes with the territory.:coffee:

claymore
01-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Rockabye baby...

Our baby's swing plays it, and its one of the only things that keeps her from crying when shes having a fit....So I hear it all the friggin time...Comes with the territory.:coffee:

Wait till you no choice on music during road trips. :D

Dreadnought
01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
anything sung by a Disney Channel person

I wish I could salute that more times

spikerman
01-30-2009, 06:22 PM
spikerman, you are good peeps in my book. :salute:

(for the Holy Grail reference)

Thanks! That may be the funniest movie of all time (either that or "This is Spinal Tap")

Skinny
02-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Burning Down the House - Talking Heads

:puke:

Thnikkaman
02-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Anything by the Boss.

gnomeflinger
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Rockabye baby...

We've "lost" toys that played "that one song" that just about drove us to the ledge. It's not so easy to "lose" a swing. :lol: Too bad the swing doesn't come with a no music button.

Thnikkaman
02-02-2009, 05:33 PM
We've "lost" toys that played "that one song" that just about drove us to the ledge. It's not so easy to "lose" a swing. :lol: Too bad the swing doesn't come with a no music button.

Packing tape over the speaker makes just about any children's toy bearable.

broncophan
02-03-2009, 02:42 AM
"Mickey" ...by Toni Basil

"Hey mickey you're so fine......you're so fine, you blow my mind hey mickey........"

Good God..........I hate that song.

Foochacho
02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
"Mickey" ...by Toni Basil

"Hey mickey you're so fine......you're so fine, you blow my mind hey mickey........"

Good God..........I hate that song.

I hate anything by avril alvigne but that "girlfriend" song is annoying on the level of "mickey". Both of them make me sick.