PDA

View Full Version : Underrated Movies..

West
01-28-2009, 05:52 PM
I watched the movie Bait, with Jamie Fox, today. I think its a great movie but noone ever really talks about it.

Others?

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Princess Bride. Lots of great lines in that movie.

turftoad
01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
American History X

That is an awesome movie. If you guys haven't seen it yet, it's well worth the time. Ed Norton Jr. is great in that show.

shank
01-28-2009, 08:11 PM
American History X

That is an awesome movie. If you guys haven't seen it yet, it's well worth the time. Ed Norton Jr. is great in that show.

i'd call this underseen, not underrated. everyone i know who has seen it thought it was great.

i'd say the same for zoolander. i've met so few people who have seen it, but most who have have it as one of their favorite comedies.

lucky number slevin is another who no one has seen, but it's a really good movie.

BigDaddyBronco
01-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Heat w/ De Niro and Al Pacino

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
i'd call this underseen, not underrated. everyone i know who has seen it thought it was great.

i'd say the same for zoolander. i've met so few people who have seen it, but most who have have it as one of their favorite comedies.

lucky number slevin is another who no one has seen, but it's a really good movie.

I have a couple of friends who loved Zoolander. I just couldn't get into it. I like the strange and unusual so I was disappointed I didn't care for it. Maybe it was just my mood at the time. I'll give it another chance some day.

BigDaddyBronco
01-28-2009, 08:32 PM
I have a couple of friends who loved Zoolander. I just couldn't get into it. I like the strange and unusual so I was disappointed I didn't care for it. Maybe it was just my mood at the time. I'll give it another chance some day.

The gasoline fight in Zoolander is classic.

gnomeflinger
01-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead

Classic. It made fun of everything possible.

shank
01-28-2009, 09:14 PM

i thought it was weird the first time too. since then i've seen it like 200 times.

(not even really sure how much of an exaggeration that is).

MOtorboat
01-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Milagro Beanfield War.

Period.

"I'll hit you so hard, they'll catch you for speeding in El Paso."

Dreadnought
01-28-2009, 10:14 PM
"Showgirls"

OK, I guess not actually....

shank
01-28-2009, 10:25 PM
"Showgirls"

OK, I guess not actually....
jessie spano's boobs

aberdien
01-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Be Kind Rewind is great but not many people that I know have seen it.

And nobody in my town appreciates Misery. It's a sad, sad place I live in.

MasterShake
01-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Underrated comedy= Kung Pow: Enter the Fist!

eFBsCacXePg

red98
01-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Princess Bride. Lots of great lines in that movie.

For some reason I know every word of this movie. One of the best Guest/Meathead movies.

shank
01-31-2009, 01:59 AM
stealing harvard. most people hate it, but i thought it was pretty funny. gonna watch it now.

West
01-31-2009, 02:01 AM
stealing harvard. most people hate it, but i thought it was pretty funny. gonna watch it now.

I was thinking of a movie to watch tonight.. Thanks for the idea! :beer:

shank
01-31-2009, 03:29 AM
I was thinking of a movie to watch tonight.. Thanks for the idea! :beer:

just finished watching it. even funnier than i remembered.

West
01-31-2009, 12:58 PM
just finished watching it. even funnier than i remembered.

I decided on Old School. I think Vince Vaughn and Will Farrell together are hilarious. :laugh:

West
01-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Who is Count of Monte Cristo? :beer:

dogfish
02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
IMO, by far the most under-rated movie ever is fear of a black hat, a spoof on hip-hop culture. . . i would have to say it's the funniest movie i've ever seen-- it literally had me rolling on a number of occasions. . . it's one of those movies with such witty one-liners that a good half of the dialogue is quotable. . . .

*don't play if you're offended by strong language*

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKCQNx0mgBQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKCQNx0mgBQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LxyJ6OYLVzg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LxyJ6OYLVzg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2009, 09:58 PM
My short list includes:

Empire Records
Grandma's Boy
Waiting
CB4