PDA

View Full Version : Denver defense, killin' QBs

dogfish
12-08-2011, 08:28 PM
christian ponder is feeling mark sanchez and matt cassell's pain. . . .

Then again, the Vikings may be forced to start their third quarterback of the year this week. Christian Ponder missed his second straight practice on Thursday with a hip pointer. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave admitted he didn’t know if Ponder would play and expressed concern about his status, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

“He didn’t look too good walking [Wednesday],” Musgrave said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/peterson-returns-to-practice-ponder-looks-shaky-to-start/

:defense::defense:

i'll never go into a game wishing injury on anyone, but it would sure be nice to have a feared defense. . . keep bringing the pain, boys. . .

nevcraw
12-08-2011, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE]“He didn’t look too good walking [Wednesday],” Musgrave said./QUOTE]

"but he sure looked puuurtty skipping" musgrave said after pausing to finish his thought..

broncobryce
12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
If Von had played, Ponder would have left on a stretcher.

TXBRONC
12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
christian ponder is feeling mark sanchez and matt cassell's pain. . . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/peterson-returns-to-practice-ponder-looks-shaky-to-start/

:defense::defense:

i'll never go into a game wishing injury on anyone, but it would sure be nice to have a feared defense. . . keep bringing the pain, boys. . .

Agreed. I don't wish anyone to get injuried but a defense is feared is nice to have.

Joel
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Injury, bad; pain, good.

Ziggy
12-08-2011, 10:58 PM
There was also a report of Carson Palmer being in quite a bit of pain after the Denver-Raider game. Get an UT and a MLB and this D is set.

Nick
12-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I can't wait to see Brady cry :mad:

BroncoStud
12-09-2011, 10:32 AM
For all those people who think we will automatically lose the NE game just by showing up are delusional. We're a bad matchup for that team. Their defense isn't very good, their offense isn't physical.

I not only think Denver CAN beat them but very well might do it.

Brady will get hit.

Jsteve01
12-09-2011, 10:36 AM
For all those people who think we will automatically lose the NE game just by showing up are delusional. We're a bad matchup for that team. Their defense isn't very good, their offense isn't physical.

Brady will get hit.

And Brady doesn't like that

LTC Pain
12-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Brady's a soft cantaloupe and Von-Doom are runaway steamrollers!

ShooterJM
12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Except the refs will likely start throwing flags the second Von or Doom get within 10 yards of him

vandammage13
12-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Except the refs will likely start throwing flags the second Von or Doom get within 10 yards of him

The refs certainly won't let Von run in late on Brady like he did against Sanchez and Cassel.

Anything even remotely questionable will definitely be flagged in favor of Brady.

...Not saying Von's hits against Sanchez or Cassel were late (I think that's how football should be played), but the game is called differently for Brady as the league goes out of their way to protect him.

TXBRONC
12-09-2011, 11:01 AM

Brady will get hit.

Every thing you said is true but a great quarterback like Brady is a tremendous equalizer.

vandammage13
12-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Every thing you said is true but a great quarterback like Brady is a tremendous equalizer.

Brady also isn't the same QB when he's getting hit...

The problem is it is tough to get to him quick enough to not get a flag thrown on you, but if you can, he's not the same guy at all.

The Glue Factory
12-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Brady also isn't the same QB when he's getting hit...

The problem is it is tough to get to him quick enough to not get a flag thrown on you, but if you can, he's not the same guy at all.

I'd be willing to see a bogus late hit or two early in the game. Let him know that we're not afraid of the refs protecting him. Brady'll remember the hit more than the penalty anyway.

Davii
12-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I think it's a winnable game, but certainly our teams biggest test since our resurgence following the detroit loss.

I wouldn't mind seeing Champ repeat his 100 yd almost pick 6...

BeefStew25
12-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Hey! Lets focus on the Bears game! One at a time!

Day1BroncoFan
12-09-2011, 12:05 PM
If we can pressure little Tommy, he'll crumble as usual.

That game is winnable but, we need to get past the bares first.

Mike
12-09-2011, 12:24 PM

Brady will get hit.

I see NE coming out with short drop quick releases. Chances are Denver doesn't put many licks on Brady. Welker and Gronkoski will present problems.

It'd be great to see Miller and Doom hit Brady early though and make him cry like a girl. Miller has to watch out though, he won't get away with some of the hits he has gotten away with against other QBs.

fvkw
12-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I think we hurt Rivers also!!!!!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

tomjonesrocks
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I am worried about the second half performance last week.

This team has played good defense for a series of games in the past only to run out of gas late in the year and completely collapse.

I hope last week wasn't the start of that again.

In that sense Von Millers injury might not be all bad as this is about the time rookies hit the wall.

NightTerror218
12-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I like how Miller is not the only QB killer, someone was killing Ponder Sunday.

Joel
12-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Someone better get to Hanie tomorrow, too; if we can't shell shock a 4th year erratic QB with some of the worst pass protection in the League, you can forget about harrying a future HoFer like Brady behind one of the best pass blocking lines there is. Also, if we don't beat Chicago when we have everything in our favor, beating NE will look far less likely (and relevant.)