PDA

View Full Version : Burns retained by Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2009, 02:21 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11572871?source=rss

Make that four Broncos assistants under former coach Mike Shanahan who have been retained on the staff of new coach Josh McDaniels.

Keith Burns will be coming back as the Broncos' assistant special teams coach.

He joins Rick Dennison (offensive line), Bobby Turner (running backs) and Rich Tuten (strength and conditioning) as holdovers.

Burns was a Broncos special teams standout for most of his NFL playing career before retiring following the 2007 season and beginning work as an assistant coach with the team.

He will be retained as an assistant under new special teams coordinator Mike Priefer, who was hired by McDaniels after spending the past three years with Kansas City.

frauschieze
01-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Woo! I've always liked Keith.

LRtagger
01-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Hes about the only guy on the special teams staff I would liked to have kept.

Ziggy
01-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I have no idea how Keith is as a coach, but he was one of my favorite players. It's good to see him getting tutelage under 2 established NFL special teams coaches. It makes me think that coach McD is taking a queue from Belichick on grooming replacements for your top coaches. The Pats have lost thier top coordinators and continued to win during his regime. I may be reading too much into this, but I like the way that McDaniels is thinking long term for this franchise.

broncofaninfla
01-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Too cool! He was a stud SP player and was loved by his team mates.

CoachChaz
01-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Hooray...a thread to get all gushy over a ST player/coach

Bozo Jr.
01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Great news. Keith is a true and loyal Bronco 100%.

Northman
01-28-2009, 03:15 PM
If only most of our ST's unit had half the intensity and motivation that Keith did. Im glad he is staying.

Lonestar
01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I have no idea how Keith is as a coach, but he was one of my favorite players. It's good to see him getting tutelage under 2 established NFL special teams coaches. It makes me think that coach McD is taking a queue from Belichick on grooming replacements for your top coaches. The Pats have lost thier top coordinators and continued to win during his regime. I may be reading too much into this, but I like the way that McDaniels is thinking long term for this franchise.

good insight as much as MANY members hate Belichick he does have a solid winning program..

Just keep Burns away from the LB's

broncos4life88
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM

Very true.

UnderArmour
01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
good insight as much as MANY members hate Belichick he does have a solid winning program..

Pfft... He could still teach Nate Webster a thing or two.

CoachChaz
01-28-2009, 03:56 PM
The guy ran down the field and hit moving objects.

Lonestar
01-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Pfft... He could still teach Nate Webster a thing or two.
I doubt that nate was able to learn it.. even from a decent LB..

The guy ran down the field and hit moving objects.

And he was good at making tackle on ST but IMO did little at the point of attack at the LOS

Bronco4ever
01-28-2009, 05:58 PM
I met Keith about 9 or 10 years ago at a charity basketball game. He is a pretty good dude. I liked what he brought to our ST's in his playing days and I'm glad he still on the staff.

dogfish
01-28-2009, 06:05 PM
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4926/mrburnsexcellentlk3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

AlWilsonizKING
01-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Always loved K.B. (yeah that kind also ;)).

Even when we let him go for a year I was still a fan. Then we brought him back and I was like YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH. He was always pumping the fans up before kickoffs and to me that is awesome. I love seeing players interacting with the fans.

:salute:

PEACE!!!

TXBRONC
01-28-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm glad he's staying on, now if get our special teams straighten out as will as the defense things will start looking real good in a hurry.