PDA

View Full Version : We have the best punter in the NFL.

DenBronx
12-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Dude is seriously underated and he needs some recognition from the NFL.

He is rated as the #1 punter right now overall.

Also he just might have the coolest stasche since Jake Plummer.

Here's his press conference from today if you havent seen it:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Britton-Colquitt-Press-Conference/3b1f1d2d-90ef-4a4e-856e-3bf6e7da56be

wayninja
12-07-2011, 11:21 PM
So, he's number #1 but underrated? Hard to know what he's should aspire to then...

I think #1 is a fair rating.

DenBronx
12-07-2011, 11:29 PM
So, he's number #1 but underrated? Hard to know what he's should aspire to then...

Yeah pretty much why I started the thread.

He's ranked #1 but not getting enough credit.

TXBRONC
12-07-2011, 11:39 PM

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Britton-Colquitt-Press-Conference/3b1f1d2d-90ef-4a4e-856e-3bf6e7da56be

I could see it in preseason. Colquitt was just nailing everything so I had a good feeling he was going to have good year. Shane Lechler is considered by many to be the best punter in the game but I would put Britton up against Lechler any day of the week.

wayninja
12-07-2011, 11:41 PM

Oh, right, that makes sense when you say it that way.

TXBRONC
12-07-2011, 11:43 PM

He's one of main reasons our defense hasn't been compromised much by bad field position.

Davii
12-07-2011, 11:55 PM
He is rated as the #1 punter right now

Here's his press conference from today

Rated #1 AND he gets his own press conference?

Damn! I knew he was the best punter in the NFL, but a punter getting his very own press conference? Wow!

Joel
12-08-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't follow MLB, but hear the Rockies don't get enough respect for their HR totals; is this kinda like that? ;) He is a frightfully good punter, but unless he gets traded it's unlikely anyone will appreciate HOW good.

Skacorica
12-08-2011, 12:24 AM
As I mentioned in another thread, the bears do not scare me, because his stache will eat their only threat, Devin Hester, alive.

Chef Zambini
12-08-2011, 02:25 AM
colquitt, he was cut by JMCD so you knew he had to be a pro-bowler !

DenBronx
12-08-2011, 03:04 AM

Damn! I knew he was the best punter in the NFL, but a punter getting his very own press conference? Wow!

I don't recall any of our Punters ever getting their own press conference.

Maybe it's because he will be kicking to Hester this week and they want to get all the sounds bytes they can before the game?

DenBronx
12-08-2011, 03:07 AM
I don't follow MLB, but hear the Rockies don't get enough respect for their HR totals; is this kinda like that? ;) He is a frightfully good punter, but unless he gets traded it's unlikely anyone will appreciate HOW good.

And he didnt cost us a draft pick.

DenBronx
12-08-2011, 03:10 AM
He's one of main reasons our defense hasn't been compromised much by bad field position.

Right, and I saw one punt that went nearly 80 yards earlier in the year that got called back.

He constanly pins the offense deep into their territory which makes it much easier on our defense and of course making it harder for them to score.

And Prater is very good too. I would hate to see us lose either one of these guys.

Dapper Dan
12-08-2011, 03:39 AM
If your last name is Colquitt and you went to Tennessee your odds are going to be good.

BCJ
12-08-2011, 03:42 AM

Maybe take it down a few notches and suck like his Chief brother. Orrrr maybe aspire to be a field goal kicker.

Colquitt has been dumping the ball inside the 10 because only pussies do it between the 11 and 20 yard line. Why not take it deeper. Good also that we have had pretty good coverage on his big time punts. STs coach should get some kudos for this too. Now if we can only have Lechler start to suck more often.

NameUsedBefore
12-08-2011, 06:24 AM
What's really amazing is that he's had a few absolutely monster punts get called back because of very dumb penalties.

BroncoNut
12-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Colquitt is great. He's ranked number 1. How much more credit can you really give him?

TXBRONC
12-08-2011, 08:20 AM

Grow a mustache like his and you'll get your own press conference. :nod:

Ravage!!!
12-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I know he certainly gets more use than most punters in the NFL, so thats nice that we have a good one.

vandammage13
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Colquitt should be the face of the franchise, not TT.

BroncoNut
12-08-2011, 11:57 AM
I know he certainly gets more use than most punters in the NFL, so thats nice that we have a good one.

it's a real luxury. Better than going for it on 4th down sometimes.

Softskull
12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Colquitt should be our number one priority to sign this off season. The guy has been a phenominal weapon for or team. It does my heart good not to be screaming at the TV every time our special teams leave the field. Special teams were a consistent problem during the later Shanny years.

BroncoNut
12-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Colquitt should be our number one priority to sign this off season. The guy has been a phenominal weapon for or team. It does my heart good not to be screaming at the TV every time our special teams leave the field. Special teams were a consistent problem during the later Shanny years.

special teams can have so much impact. I agree with you on colquitt. I am a big fan of the unsung hero. I may get a jersey even

Chef Zambini
12-11-2011, 12:42 PM

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Britton-Colquitt-Press-Conference/3b1f1d2d-90ef-4a4e-856e-3bf6e7da56bebravo for starting this thread! the Q needs to dropp hesters Q rating this week and kick the ball to the sidelines!

Chef Zambini
12-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Colquitt should be our number one priority to sign this off season. The guy has been a phenominal weapon for or team. It does my heart good not to be screaming at the TV every time our special teams leave the field. Special teams were a consistent problem during the later Shanny years.amen brother, amen.

Nomad
12-11-2011, 02:56 PM
bravo for starting this thread! the Q needs to dropp hesters Q rating this week and kick the ball to the sidelines!

Colquitt will earn his ranking today if he can keep it away from Hester.

DenBronx
12-11-2011, 03:54 PM
bravo for starting this thread! the Q needs to dropp hesters Q rating this week and kick the ball to the sidelines!

NFLN noticed how his brother from KC did a good job against Hester but then went on to say that Britton is the better kicker between the brothers.

Nomad
12-11-2011, 03:56 PM
NFLN noticed how his brother from KC did a good job against Hester but then went on to say well Britton is the better kicker between the brothers.

Tomorrow the headlines will be Colquitt brother shutout Hester in back to back weeks! I think KC played the bears last week:confused::lol:..

wayninja
12-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Tomorrow the headlines will be Colquitt brother shutout Hester in back to back weeks! I think KC played the bears last week:confused::lol:..

The headline better better be that the Broncos have won 6 straight. This is a fine byline though.

DenBronx
12-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Well there you go. He did a great job of playing keep away but one of his last punts...I think it was the one that went out of bounds around the 20 was fantastic!

Great job Colquitt!

Nomad
12-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Well there you go. He did a great job of playing keep away but one of his last punts...I think it was the one that went out of bounds around the 20 was fantastic!

Great job Colquitt!

Hey, Den! Colquitt did an excellent job today....you deserve a :salute: for call ing him out on an outstanding job this year!