PDA

View Full Version : BG's Epic TT Proclamation. It is Time.

Bullgator
12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
It is Time. There is enough evidence to judge for yourself.

Say what you will, Yay or Nay. Forget the fence, quit hedging your bets.

If you say Nay, then you are not talking about football. You must just be rooting against him, his "flock".

But you are not watching what is happening right now. How he and this team is winning. This alone should tell you how special Tim really is.

What rookie(like I have always said, your first 16 starts as a QB- that makes you a rookie AS A STARTER, but anyway that's neither here nor there.)

So what rookie have you seen that can win WHILE he is developing? WHILE his passing game is so green? THROUGH his growing pains?

What QB have you seen that can play the low gear ball control, time management game? Grind it out against teams that are weak against the run?

And then Turn around and play the high gear shootout and exploit teams that weak against the pass?

And then lean on both to keep a good D honest?

THIS TEAM IS A MATCH UP NIGHTMARE. You can't do this without TT being what he is. He is overkill in the run game and throws daggers to kill games or keep up.

He is not completely there yet, but he is still WINNING! Been clutch in every game and has beat these teams with that clutch play. wait till he is a 4rth year vet.

He was able to lean on a WHOLE other set of talents and intangibles alone!
He was only running on half horsepower! He is only just beginning to fire on a few more cylinders.

It's monkey in the middle football. There is literally nothing you can do as a D to prepare for that. He will just dictate what the D does by pushing them out of whatever coverage/play they are in.

Look at the option spread. To cover that "gimmick" Offense you must play a certain style of D... when you do that and prepare for that all week you are not prepared for the power I. You stack the box, you are not prepared for the play action.

If you can MERGE the QB and RB positions, and EVOLVE that position then you are in another league of yourself.

He allows you to play the ENTIRE playbook! There is nothing you won't be able to do!

Oh you need a mid passing game? Make those LBs creep up because of the option read and play action off of that...

There are just too many sets of play action and power plays that rock that defense. Its like a Randy Johnson's 105 mph fastball, Maddox's curve, the Finger's knuckles and a off speed that will drop it ass off and die at the plate.

We will see this more and more as Tebow's footwork and passing gets cemented to his muscle memory.

Not everyone can run this level of scheme. You MUST have the player with the special skillset AND be durable enough to survive it... not too many of those.. Cam is the next one that can do it all and is still durable. Vick has the skillset but not the body.

When he can incorporate all aspect of his game He is going to be MJ+Tiger, Globe smashing hyper ridiculousness.

Look into what is really happening and you will be on board. Better getting dragged along.

It is Time.

BigDaddyBronco
12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Time for a permaban.....:D

MasterShake
12-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Love my Broncos and I am loving me some Tebow right now, but a proclamation of anything this early means nothing.

I proclaim that it will snow today. I will again proclaim it will snow tomorrow. And I will continue to proclaim this until the day that it does indeed snow. And when this happens, I can say, "See? Told ya' so!"

Mike
12-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I hope he gets better and I hope the FO gives him the time to get better.

spikerman
12-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Still too early to tell. There is some promise, but to decide right now would be foolish, although the timing of your "proclamation" to decide seems pretty convenient after Tebow's best passing performance of the season. Just something that makes me go "hmmmm".

camdisco24
Bull, a large majority of us on on board man. Everyone who is on board is cheering, and cheering LOUD. You don't have to proclaim anything, we see it every week. Forget the handful of doubters. If Tebow continues doing what he's been doing, they will naturally begin to disappear.

MasterShake
I hope he gets better and I hope the FO gives him the time to get better.

Me too. I hope Elway keeps in mind how long it took for him to get a handle on things. I remember some bad seasons with Elway just as much as I do the good.

Ravage!!!
12-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm enjoying the season, but to "Buy" when the stock is at its highest is purely a marketing ploy that only those that are "selling" would do. Whats the hurry on making people "decide?" Seems pretty silly, unless you are worried about a drop in stock value.

Enjoy the season and how its going. Tim still has a LONG ways to go, imo, but I'm not worrying about that right now. I'm enjoying our defense. I'm enjoying the wins. Tebow is exciting in the last 5 minutes of the game, but our offense is still pretty pathetic as a whole.

So until next year, I'm just going with the flow as it is right now. The offseason is for the speculations and arguing. Right now, its all about cheering for the DENVER BRONCOS..... not only Tim Tebow.

Northman
12-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Good Ol' Bullgator, one step forward two steps back. lol

Davii
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Here come the doppelgangers....

:popcorn:

Northman
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Me too. I hope Elway keeps in mind how long it took for him to get a handle on things. I remember some bad seasons with Elway just as much as I do the good.

I think he does, people forget at the beginning of all this Elway wanted Tim to sit because he thought it was a mistake that Reeves started him too early. I think John understands its a growing process.

Bullgator
12-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Come oooon... It's been a while since I had one of these :D

vandammage13
12-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I have seen a QB win while still learning (Roethlisberger is just one example).

But I have never seen a QB win while still learning on a team that was dead in the water when he took over. Broncos had only won 7 out of their last 31 games when TT took over (Dead last in the NFL over that span).

Guys like Roethlisberger were able to win while learning because they were lucky enough to be on a team with a lot of talent around them....Tim is winning with far less talent around him than other guys had early in their careers.

sneakers
12-07-2011, 04:34 PM
I proclaim that I love pumpkin pie.

lgenf
12-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I cheering

I'm on the Tebow train

I've been on the bandwagon since forever as a UF grad

I knew he could do it

But man, Bull, you gotta get your water checked for mercury, call the EPA brother

SoCalImport
12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Gotta love the passion...no matter how annoying.

slim
I proclaim that I love pumpkin pie.

Pecan!

vandammage13
7 out of 31...think about how god awful that is for a second.

And now all the critics want to point out any reason they can for why the Broncos are winning in spite of Tebow, as if he has nothing to do with it.

...and again, we're talking about a team that was 7 out of 31 when he took over.

Talk about grasping at straws.

TimHippo
12-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Skip Bullgator.

Canmore
12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
7 out of 31...think about how god awful that is for a second.

And now all the critics want to point out any reason they can for why the Broncos are winning in spite of Tebow, as if he has nothing to do with it.

...and again, we're talking about a team that was 7 out of 31 when he took over.

Talk about grasping at straws.

This team plays harder with Tebow at quarterback. We were a bad team. Now we are playing solid football in all three areas. This is not a coincidence. Fox deserves credit, Tebow deserves credit and the whole Broncos team deserves credit for the turnaround. Now we need to keep the train rolling. A little noise at Mile High would be a good start.

wayninja
12-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I just want to thank my lord and savior for this urgently needed thread.

Oh, and by the way, Tim's not a rookie.

SM19
12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Can we at least stop him from making new threads?

GEM
12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
I proclaim...... I love me some Broncos!!! Since Tim is helping out with the Broncos, I love me some Tim!! I also love me some 52 other guys on the Broncos!!

Besides....I don't have to do anything besides live and breathe. If I am or were not completely on board, it doesn't make me anything but apprehensive. It doesn't mean I am against Tebow. For to be against Tebow right now, would put me against the Broncos....and that shit will never happen!

slim
12-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I proclaim...... I love me some Broncos!!! Since Tim is helping out with the Broncos, I love me some Tim!! I also love me some 52 other guys on the Broncos!!

Besides....I don't have to do anything besides live and breathe. If I am or were not completely on board, it doesn't make me anything but apprehensive. It doesn't mean I am against Tebow. For to be against Tebow right now, would put me against the Broncos....and that shit will never happen!

Wow, you get around.

TXBRONC
12-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Pecan!

Pecan is the best.

BG I know it's been what two or three days since you posted one these types of threads but it still sucks monkey nuts. :D

GEM
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Wow, you get around.

RnDR8OngS1U

:dance:

UnderArmour
12-07-2011, 05:43 PM
The post would have been far easier to read and understand if you had typed it in paragraph form instead of a bunch of lines. It really hurt my eyes trying to read the entire thing. Good try though.

Slick
12-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I dont think anyone can argue his impact. This is the same 1-4 team as when he took over. We may not want to give him credit for saving the season but in a way he has. We had absolutely nothing to cheer about until he took over.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

The Glue Factory
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Even Elway had his doubters until his final 2 years. Many voices were heard saying Elway couldn't win a SB. What makes anyone think the Tebow doubters will stop anytime soon? Get accustomed to it folks, all doubters will continue to place ever increasing standards for Tebow to be called a "success."

LTC Pain
12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Until TT proves it on the field over a career, any continued blather by TT groupies that he has arrived is just pissing in a strong wind.

Dzone
12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I wanted a pair of those Tim Tebow FU Nike Cross Trainers that came out in 2010 and sold out in 5 minutes. I went on Ebay today and they are selling for $399 a pair. WTF????

701Bronco
12-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Being a newbie and reading all these proclamations blow up in peoples faces on this forum... I'm not gonna try and proclaim a damn thing on here! I am however riding the Tebow train and thoroughly enjoying watching a winning team again (What a waste of nearly $1000 for Sunday ticket these past few years, but that's what a fan does). Whether or not the Tebow train makes it to success or derails along the way... it's too early to tell. He deserves his job at least another season though, and by the end of next season we will have a better understanding. How nuts would it be for us to win the superbowl this year though? I know it's wishful thinking but come playoffs anything is possible. What would Merril Hoge and the rest of the haters say? "So he can win a superbowl, but he'll never be able to conquer the universe!"

Jsteve01
12-07-2011, 06:37 PM

***raises hand*** uh gem it's 51 other guys on the active roster...now if you're including ps players well you're off there too, but thanks for your candor.

:)

GEM
12-07-2011, 07:12 PM
***raises hand*** uh gem it's 51 other guys on the active roster...now if you're including ps players well you're off there too, but thanks for your candor.

:)

53 allowed. With Tim already having been mentioned, that would be 52. ;) Only 45 are actually allowed to dress on game day. Practice squad allows for 8 additional players.

Thanks for the attempt at correction though. :)

Slick
12-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Get some jsteve.

broncobryce
12-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Until TT proves it on the field over a career, any continued blather by TT groupies that he has arrived is just pissing in a strong wind.

Over a whole career? Wow you are hard to impress. So has Favre finally arrived?

TXBRONC
12-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Get some jsteve.

Aint gonna happen he's been shot down.

Joel
12-07-2011, 09:20 PM
So what rookie have you seen that can win WHILE he is developing? WHILE his passing game is so green? THROUGH his growing pains?
Oh, goodness, how long have you got? Dalton's doing it; his team's got a better record in a much tougher Division, hence he's a leading candidate for ORoY. Newton's doing it, though not at as high a pace (through more games,) which is why he's Daltons main competition for ORoY. Bradford did it last year, just missing the Division title, which is why he won ORoY.

That, of course, is where the problems start: THIS year the Rams have only won 2 games, and everyone who predicted last year that Bradford would lead the team to the promised land this season looks really stupid. Which puts them in the same club as innumerable fans of other teams who've made that mistake in the past. Right now TTs season looks a lot like VYs rookie year (except I'm pretty sure none of the teams he's beaten will win this years Super Bowl.) LOTS of NFL QB have great rookie years then flame out; it's why the NFL has the term "sophomore slump" (even though a few of its players are college graduates.)

Just for the record: There was a guy from Stanford in '83 who managed to win a few games while developing as a rookie.

What QB have you seen that can play the low gear ball control, time management game? Grind it out against teams that are weak against the run?
Again, how long have you got? That's pretty much the definition of a game management QB, a term rarely complimentary. If you're saying TT is Phil Simms or Bob Griese I can only hope he has as much success and doesn't need as much help as they did. Even Jim McMahon can win a Super Bowl if surrounded with enough talent, but I prefer not to start in a deep hole and see how fast I can "dig up."

And then Turn around and play the high gear shootout and exploit teams that weak against the pass?
Sorry, when a team runs to victory against one that can't stop that then passes to victory against one that can't stop THAT it's more about the coach not being an idiot than the QB being a star.

And then lean on both to keep a good D honest?
See previous comment. Something tells me you're not inclined to say Urban Meyer was just along for the ride with Tebow.

THIS TEAM IS A MATCH UP NIGHTMARE. You can't do this without TT being what he is. He is overkill in the run game and throws daggers to kill games or keep up.
Actually, you can; good offenses do it all the time. While Tebow has thrown a handful of daggers this year, he hasn't done it often or consistently enough to establish that's the norm. That said, Minnesota may be the last team who gives him wide open receivers (which, to be fair, is a bad idea against anyone; pretty much any NFL QB will hit an uncovered WR, and one of the biggest criticisms of Tebow until recently was that he didn't.) I'm equally happy to have Tebow pick apart their coverage if he can or shred them running if not, but it's still too early to say he can consistently do either for years. The real test will come NEXT season, after defences and coaches (especially in the AFC West) have had an offseason undistracted by this weeks game to study tape of what Tebow does in this offense now rather than Floridas three years ago.

He is not completely there yet, but he is still WINNING! Been clutch in every game and has beat these teams with that clutch play. wait till he is a 4rth year vet.

He was able to lean on a WHOLE other set of talents and intangibles alone!
He was only running on half horsepower! He is only just beginning to fire on a few more cylinders.
With that I largely agree, but not the over the top suggestion Tebow has changed football as we know it.

It's monkey in the middle football. There is literally nothing you can do as a D to prepare for that. He will just dictate what the D does by pushing them out of whatever coverage/play they are in.
That's why offense has the advantage in football: They know what they'll do and the D has to guess. The problem is, throwing <20 times a gamemakes it an EASY guess, shifting the advantage to the D.

Look at the option spread. To cover that "gimmick" Offense you must play a certain style of D... when you do that and prepare for that all week you are not prepared for the power I. You stack the box, you are not prepared for the play action.
You don't have to stack the box to beat the option, just play disciplined football. We hear teams all the time talking about winning games by "making the first guy miss." Teams like that usually draft in the top ten. The option is not "deceptive," "versatile" or "flexible," because whether the back or the quarterback runs YOU'RE STILL RUNNING. Defences know that, and those that stay at home, keep the play in front of them and don't overpursue beat the option unless they're a lot less talented than their opponents. That happens a lot when Texas plays Rice, but not in the NFL.

If you can MERGE the QB and RB positions, and EVOLVE that position then you are in another league of yourself.

He allows you to play the ENTIRE playbook! There is nothing you won't be able to do!

Oh you need a mid passing game? Make those LBs creep up because of the option read and play action off of that...
If we can move beyond the option to a bona fide dual threat QB I see potential for real success, but I have the same problem with your tone here as elsewhere: Turning back the clock 70 years or more to the days of the T quarterback is not "evolving" the position. It's a bit late for Tebow to "evolve" the NFL by impersonating Arnie Herber in the first years after he replaced Curly Lambeau as Green Bays quarterback. Quarterbacks who ran and passed with equal frequency thrived when George Halas reinvented the T formation in 1940, but it was so old THEN it had already prospered, faltered and been forgotten by the time he went back to it. It can be called many things; versatile, powerful, effective--but not "novel." It's been around since the 1890s: The forward pass is more novel than that.

I'm just skipping the rest that strikes me as little more than "this is offense is unstoppable, but only TT is unstoppable enough to run it." When Halas introduced it 70 years ago his Bears beat Washington 73-0 in what is still the most lopsided championship in NFL history, but the Redskins got revenge when they ruined the Bears perfect season in the championship rematch two years later. One of the best ways of stopping it is the defensive position whose creation was an indirect consequence of the nouveau T: The middle linebacker, quarterback of the defense. That's probably still the best solution 70 years later: Find a truly great Mike to spy the QB, killing him when he runs and intercepting him when he passes, if he doesn't just blitz and kill him exactly as he does on the runs.

I'm on board, man, but let's try to keep a LITTLE perspective (and dignity.) Tebow's still a human being, and the obnoxiousness of people forgetting that has more to do with widespread dislike of him than does anything he does himself. That's unfair in a lot of ways, but the way it is. Take a lesson from your boy and let his play speak for itself; if he shines people will see that, and if he flames out you won't have to eat nearly as much crow.

nevcraw
12-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Come on peeps embrace it.. we needed this.. we can break it all down in the offseason when we wonder if Elway will try to get a replica or if he builds around tebow but right now we are leading the division with a small chance to to better than any team since 05. forget who's says it -- but don't forget to enjoy the ride..

jhildebrand
12-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm enjoying the season, but to "Buy" when the stock is at its highest is purely a marketing ploy that only those that are "selling" would do. Whats the hurry on making people "decide?" Seems pretty silly, unless you are worried about a drop in stock value.

Enjoy the season and how its going. Tim still has a LONG ways to go, imo, but I'm not worrying about that right now. I'm enjoying our defense. I'm enjoying the wins. Tebow is exciting in the last 5 minutes of the game, but our offense is still pretty pathetic as a whole.

So until next year, I'm just going with the flow as it is right now. The offseason is for the speculations and arguing. Right now, its all about cheering for the DENVER BRONCOS..... not only Tim Tebow.

unless the stock is berkshire hathaway A shares :D

I have been on board, BG, since before mid season last year!

wayninja
12-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Have you guys heard the good news about Tim Tebow?

Zweems56
12-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I don't know why Bullgator keeps insisting that people are rooting AGAINST Tebow. The only thing I've seen around here that's anything close to that is people trying to temper their expectations, and people that think the Tebow cultists are ******* retarded.

Nick
12-08-2011, 12:05 AM
I don't know why Bullgator keeps insisting that people are rooting AGAINST Tebow. The only thing I've seen around here that's anything close to that is people trying to temper their expectations, and people that think the Tebow cultists are ******* retarded.

You got some people on both extremes on Tebow and some people that are closer to reality.

Tebow brings a lot of people that are fans that might not know in depth as much as some people.

Not talking about bullgator and understand he is a gator fan and tebow fan. Just in general...

But in reality of Tebow, he is blowing me away not by wins and hype but how much he has progressed with his eye movement... Dude is legit.

Seeing him progress like this is insane but he still has many hurdles to go over but the biggest flaw on him was his eye movement IMO and is really taking the bull by the horns.

He is showing he is the nucleus to this team. If he wins out and add in another 4th qtr comeback win or 2... He will compete with Rogers for MVP "if" he loses a game.

Skacorica
12-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Being a centrist is gh3y, but I am fully in hate with both sides right now. Can we talk about someone else for like ten minutes?

Another TT thread moratorium perhaps? SNEAKERS, HELP

Jsteve01
12-08-2011, 12:58 AM
53 allowed. With Tim already having been mentioned, that would be 52. ;) Only 45 are actually allowed to dress on game day. Practice squad allows for 8 additional players.

Thanks for the attempt at correction though. :)

oooh jsteve you newb you just got skooooled. Oh wait

thanks gem