PDA

View Full Version : Rick Reilly

Dapper Dan
12-07-2011, 03:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7326446/rick-reilly-john-fox-leading-broncos

The first time Tim Tebow met John Fox was at a dinner in Gainesville, Fla., before the 2010 draft. Halfway through, Tebow excused himself from the table, snuck his credit card to the waiter and whispered, "Make sure I get the check."
Fox grins just thinking about it.

"I've taken hundreds and hundreds of players out to dinner over the years," Fox says, "and that's the one and only time a player has picked up the check. Unbelievable."

This year, Fox repaid the favor.

With Fox's Denver Broncos stinking up the AFC West at 2-5, he used his bye week to junk the old offense and install an Edsel that had been rarely seen in the NFL in 40 years: the read-option running game, an offense carved in Tebow's image.

Dapper Dan
12-07-2011, 03:35 PM
If this has been posted, please delete it or let me know so I can. Thanks.

vandammage13
12-07-2011, 03:39 PM
If this has been posted, please delete it or let me know so I can. Thanks.

I don't think we're supposed to post entire articles on the MB.

MasterShake
12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't think we're supposed to post entire articles on the MB.

No we aren't. I went ahead and fixed it. In the future just quote the first couple of paragraphs then post a link to the actual article.

Dapper Dan
12-07-2011, 03:43 PM
No we aren't. I went ahead and fixed it. In the future just quote the first couple of paragraphs then post a link to the actual article.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

chazoe60
12-07-2011, 03:44 PM
I never realized MS was a MOD. I take back all the nice things I said about you MS

MasterShake
12-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I never realized MS was a MOD. I take back all the nice things I said about you MS

Well, if it helps I'm a lazy mod. Thats the first thing I've done in months.

dogfish
12-07-2011, 03:49 PM

i think he's coming to the tailgate. . . i'll hold him down while you hit him. . . .

lgenf
12-07-2011, 03:50 PM
my favorite line in that piece, was the one about someone farting in the tunnel during pregame and smoking out the team and foxy making a comment about it

I won't ruin it, but it gave me a good chuckle

chazoe60
12-07-2011, 03:50 PM
i think he's coming to the tailgate. . . i'll hold him down while you hit him. . . .

I won't need you to hold him down, but thanks for the offer.

MasterShake
12-07-2011, 03:51 PM

You mean my mod status doesn't translate to real life? Blasphemy!

dogfish
12-07-2011, 03:52 PM

i know you don't, but i wanted to be part of the beating. . .

oh, it translates to something. . . . :heh:

MasterShake
12-07-2011, 03:53 PM

I'm a giant milkshake with tiny yellow hands. Once you tip me over, I'm pretty much screwed.

G_Money
12-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Fox got permission to take his team in to most road games two days early, where players bond and howl and dream together, with no distractions. "Cost us a fortune, but John thought it was important," says one Broncos insider. "You get to know a teammate better, you play harder for him."

Didn't know that. Do like it. :salute:

~G

Dreadnought
12-07-2011, 04:16 PM

~G

Its a different sort of leadership and motivation than, say, publicly humiliating and berating your subordinates. Seems to be working. Could catch on.

G_Money
12-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I thought berating was motivational? :huh:

http://www.hark.com/clips/vcbnyqldbw-do-your-job

"Do your jooooooob (voice cracking like a 13 year old) and quit making **** up!!!"

Wish I could play for that guy.

~G

Mike
12-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Its a different sort of leadership and motivation than, say, publicly humiliating and berating your subordinates. Seems to be working. Could catch on.

Comeon Dread, all Josh was trying to do was win a...........

Dapper Dan
12-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Not a McD hate thread. I think they already have one.

NightTrainLayne
12-07-2011, 06:51 PM

~G

I had wondered what Fox did to bring these guys so close together. It was obvious something was at work.

With training camp at Dove Valley, I think we really miss this inherent ingredient of team-building. You have to spend some quality time together bonding, away from the comforts of home.

I think it's brilliant, and a very wise investment. Hopefully, they keep it up.

dogfish
12-07-2011, 07:08 PM
With training camp at Dove Valley, I think we really miss this inherent ingredient of team-building. You have to spend some quality time together bonding, away from the comforts of home.

in other words, you gotta drink beer and go bowling together. . . .

Dapper Dan
12-07-2011, 08:18 PM
in other words, you gotta drink beer and go bowling together. . . .

Tebow stays back, drinks Gatorade, and studies film.

Besides, he has this horrible bowling motion.

broncobryce
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
I hope Reilly enjoys his crow.

Elevation inc
12-07-2011, 08:39 PM
many disliked the fox hire because of carolina, a bunch of us however were fine with It and wanted to see a different way of doing things, and let the rebuild play out, whats funny is fox finally realized his way of sticking with a guy like orton(or delhome) through losses doesnt get the team to build, his bold ways of changing latley are refreshing, especially since it was thought he was to stubborn and conservative, and I like very much what he has done, I have more faith in this organization today then I have since the insertion of cutler under shanny.

dogfish
12-07-2011, 09:31 PM
many disliked the fox hire because of carolina, a bunch of us however were fine with It and wanted to see a different way of doing things, and let the rebuild play out, whats funny is fox finally realized his way of sticking with a guy like orton(or delhome) through losses doesnt get the team to build, his bold ways of changing latley are refreshing, especially since it was thought he was to stubborn and conservative, and I like very much what he has done, I have more faith in this organization today then I have since the insertion of cutler under shanny.

hey E, is that you tebowing in the avatar?

:laugh:

Elevation inc
12-07-2011, 09:34 PM
hey E, is that you tebowing in the avatar?

:laugh:

yep im all in for tebow, its on my jet in afghanistan, taken last week

dogfish
12-07-2011, 09:42 PM
**** yea! that rocks. . .

:defense:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2011, 10:13 PM

It doesn't? :confused:

No wonder people look at me strange when I wear my "Broncosforums Mod" name tag in public and threaten to delete their posts and ban them if they don't let me cut to the front of the line...

Damn... :tsk:

Elevation inc
12-07-2011, 10:28 PM
**** yea! that rocks. . .

:defense:

I need to send it to the denver post....LOL

BeefStew25
12-07-2011, 10:30 PM
yep im all in for tebow, its on my jet in afghanistan, taken last week

That is a badass F-16.

hamrob
12-08-2011, 12:59 AM
I like Fox...he was the perfect change from McD. He's been there done that and automatically gets respect.

That being said. He repeated, that Orton "Gives us the best chance to win" over and over again.

It wasn't until he finally played TEBOW that we started winning!

I like how it's all come together...Offense, Defense, Special Teams and Coaching. Exactly what Tebow states every interview.

I'm not taking anything away from Fox being a great coach, but Reilly and others shouldn't constantly take away from what Tebow brings to the table either. I just don't understand why everyone has to go out of their way to find the reason for Denver's winning ways...which, just has to be anything....but, Tim Tebow.

Jsteve01
12-08-2011, 01:02 AM
That is a badass F-16.

you do realize that beef likes aeronautics correct? Great avy btw

Elevation inc
12-08-2011, 01:59 AM
you do realize that beef likes aeronautics correct? Great avy btw

i know me and beef talk, we cool like that, and thanks

:lol:

FanInAZ
12-08-2011, 02:42 AM
That is a badass F-16.