PDA

View Full Version : Tebow triggers half million bonus

wayninja
12-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Too bad these kids just end up wasting it on fast cars and strip clubs;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824cc0c6/article/tebows-play-activates-472500-rookiecontract-bonus?module=HP11_headline_stack

Dreadnought
12-06-2011, 11:19 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824cc0c6/article/tebows-play-activates-472500-rookiecontract-bonus?module=HP11_headline_stack

"Make it rain, Timmy!!" Oh wait, probably not.

Dzone
12-06-2011, 11:22 PM
huh? $475.000 is pocket change compared to what this guy has brought to the franchise. Oh well, he will probably make as much as Michael Jordon in endorsements. He will probably send that check for 475 grrr to guam anyway

Davii
12-06-2011, 11:34 PM
475g's can build a couple very nice orphanages in Thailand. Got to say, I'm proud to defend Tim when I encounter haters. We've got some high character MEN on this team and I am quite proud of the whole bunch.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-06-2011, 11:38 PM
huh? $475.000 is pocket change compared to what this guy has brought to the franchise. Oh well, he will probably make as much as Michael Jordon in endorsements. He will probably send that check for 475 grrr to guam anyway

If you are talking about merchandise sales, that is split among all teams.

Bullgator
12-07-2011, 12:20 AM
In Tim's mind....(and in mine)...

That money is already God's money. Tim credits God for allowing him to hit that trigger. He feels its a blessing. In fact he probably thinks God is blessing him with this success to get that money to the needy.

Subsequently any bonus that comes with those "blessings" he will donate. Either to his foundation, or another, or invest into a new facility to help mankind.

MOtorboat
12-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Really?

So you speak with Tim regularly?

Davii
12-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Really?

In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. [Heavenward] Yes, Father. [To William and Hamish] The Almighty says don't change the subject, just answer the ******* question.

MOtorboat
12-07-2011, 12:35 AM
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. [Heavenward] Yes, Father. [To William and Hamish] The Almighty says don't change the subject, just answer the ******* question.

Does the Englishman claim to know what the Irishman and God have spoken about?

Davii
12-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Does the Englishman claim to know what the Irishman and God have spoken about?

Depends, how much Jameson's is the Englishman offering? I'm Welsh, so I'll mediate.

MOtorboat
12-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Depends, how much Jameson's is the Englishman offering? I'm Welsh, so I'll mediate.

Let's cut the Irishman out altogether.

Bullgator
12-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Really?

Mo a man like you, in your current state, would NEVER understand. Unless God willing you would have a change of heart. Don't try and understand it man. It's like trying to explain what strawberries smell like to a man with no nose.

But it is true... he is still driving a beat up truck lol.

MOtorboat
12-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Mo a man like you, in your current state, would NEVER understand. Unless God willing you would have a change of heart. Don't try and understand it man. It's like trying to explain what strawberries smell like to a man with no nose.

But it is true... he is still driving a beat up truck lol.

And what is my current state?

Nick
12-07-2011, 01:26 AM
In Tim's mind....(and in mine)...

That money is already God's money. Tim credits God for allowing him to hit that trigger. He feels its a blessing. In fact he probably thinks God is blessing him with this success to get that money to the needy.

Subsequently any bonus that comes with those "blessings" he will donate. Either to his foundation, or another, or invest into a new facility to help mankind.

You do not know what is going through his mind. While he is not going to donate all the money yes, he will put a percentage must likely a high percentage to charity.

I work with a great religious sales guy that does similar. He is aggressive and closes down deals very well and thanks god in reference to and in a way does that for him because puts 15 percent in tithing.

You try coming across Tim is your friend and buddy and how you know him more then anyone else... You don't.

Regardless, he deserves every penny of that and I am sure he will utilize his money in a better fashion then a lot of pro athletes.

Dzone
12-07-2011, 01:38 AM
If you are talking about merchandise sales, that is split among all teams.
Mostly talking about the whole atmosphere

Davii
12-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Alright folks... This is Broncos talk, not the Religion forum. If you choose to debate other's religious character or views we have a place for that... This isn't it. I know TT and religion seem inextricable, we've given much leeway about discussing Tim and his beliefs, when the topic becomes another poster's
beliefs a line has been crossed.

Please adhere to the topic and keep conversations that belong in other forums where they belong. I am opening the thread back up but I will close it back down quickly if need be.

Thank you.

Superchop 7
12-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Tim is into religion?

Well.....I'll be damned.

Seriously......I will be damned.

claymore
12-07-2011, 07:52 AM

I dont see anything wrong with that???

lgenf
12-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I like the fact that he is triggering some bonus clauses in his contract for several reasons

he didn't make a big deal when he was drafted about his contract, no hold out just come in and get to work and his contract didnt seem like anything ground breaking for rookies, the year before the rookie wage scale went into effect

this means he's playing well and that helps the team, and if it helps him financially, then the team is benefitting also

with continued success, my hope is that he will hit more bonus triggers, such as the playoff clauses that sometimes are in there, or pro bowl clauses

I wonder how many other clauses/triggers are in his contract?

I know there was a bunch of discussions about his contract earlier in the year when the Great Debate was going on with some, about how they did not want to let T2 start for fear of triggering some HUGE balloon payment, clearly that was false, $500k is nothing to a pro team, in fact, if it was a $2mm bonus it would still be nothing for a starting QB

another question will be this - if the success continues this year, and he's under contract thru next year (and we know he will not pull a Chris Johnson) then what kind of contract is he looking at next year, will denver want to lock him up this off season they way most other starting QBs are, or do they let him play next year and test FA?

Dreadnought
12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I dont see anything wrong with that???

Well, I know Clay. Both you and TT are great humanitarians and true philanthropists. I think where you differ is that you would have used the money to help Cinnamon, Destini, and Tiffani pay for their cosmetology degrees so they can give up their night jobs at the Gentleman's Club. TT would probably be more likely to support a mission to some horrid third world pest hole that has flying insects the size of roosters and still battles 14th Century diseases. Its all good, just a different focus.

claymore
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Well, I know Clay. Both you and TT are great humanitarians and true philanthropists. I think where you differ is that you would have used the money to help Cinnamon, Destini, and Tiffani pay for their cosmetology degrees so they can give up their night jobs at the Gentleman's Club. TT would probably be more likely to support a mission to some horrid third world pest hole that has flying insects the size of roosters and still battles 14th Century diseases. Its all good, just a different focus.
Tebow needs to help Americans and leave the animals to their vices. :D

LTC Pain
12-07-2011, 10:22 AM
TT earned it and more!

wayninja
12-07-2011, 10:25 AM

I think all of you guys are taking for granted the huge budget Tebow needs to support his Tebowing habit. The dude spends at least a few hundred grand per year on Tailor visits and knee patches.