PDA

View Full Version : Bears Game Suddenly Looks Much Easier

OrangeHoof
12-06-2011, 02:05 PM
A few weeks ago, when the Broncos looked to be winning with mirrors and the Bears looked like a legit playoff team, this week's matchup looked like a solid test, if not a potential drubbing.

Now there's no Cutler, no Forte and Tebow is beginning to blossom as a force on offense. The Broncos have grown in confidence exponentially while the Bears have just lost to the Raiders and Chiefs.

As long as we aren't stupid enough to kick to Hester, it looks like the Broncos stand a good chance to extend their winning streak another week.

I hope I don't jinx them by saying this but I just don't see how the Bears have enough on offense to score on the Broncos' defense. That means the score will be close which is perfect Tebow territory. It might even be hard to imagine a deficit that will require a fourth-quarter comeback this week.

cmc0605
12-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I think we win this game, but keep in mind the Vikings game should have been relatively "easy" too, and it's rather a similar situation.

In Minnesota- A new QB, missing their top RB (Peterson), a crummy pass defense, etc.

Chicago is the same type of thing- a new QB, missing their top RB, a crummy pass defense;

Both are statistically "decent" against the run this season, but the Bears linebackers are a better unit, and the skill/experience with guys like Briggs and Urlacher may make the option-stuff difficult. (I also think NE might figure it out too, only because they have the capability to outsmart people). This puts things in the arms of Tebow, and I think he can succeed, but we also need the defense to play like it did before the Minnesota game. Marion Barber is no stranger to football, so having Forte out may not be the biggest factor in the world, but I still think this defense can execute well against their QB. Von Miller should be back too. In fact, I am starting Denvers defense in FF over Houston (who have been excellent) against Cincy.

Tim Tebow took strides in the passing game the last couple weeks, and I hope D. Thomas wasn't a one time wonder, because with his physical ability I'd really like to see him out there as a consistent threat. Decker has a great future too. This week I'd like to see them win by a good chunk, rather than in the last 5 min (not that I care, but it would be nice to see the team do that against teams that aren't very good).

NightTerror218
12-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I think we win this game, but keep in mind the Vikings game should have been relatively "easy" too, and it's rather a similar situation.

In Minnesota- A new QB, missing their top RB (Peterson), a crummy pass defense, etc.

Chicago is the same type of thing- a new QB, missing their top RB, a crummy pass defense;

both are statistically "decent" against the run this season, but the Bears linebackers are a better unit, and the skill/experience with guys like Briggs and Urlacher may make the option-stuff difficult. (I also think NE might figure it out too, only because they have the capability to outsmart people). This puts things in the arms of Tebow, and I think he can succeed, and it also requires the defense play like it did before the Minnesota game. Marion Barber is no stranger to football, so having Forte out may not be the biggest factor in the world, but I still think this defense can execute well against their QB. Von Miller should be back too. In fact, I am starting Denvers defense in FF over Houston (who have been excellent) against Cincy.

Difference is Chicago has crappy QB.

catfish
12-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Difference is Chicago has crappy QB.

does Chicago have anyone like Harvin?

CoachChaz
12-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Might be about as easy as that 2-8 Minnesota team playing without their Pro-Bowl RB and a rookie QB

Dapper Dan
12-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Are you being sarcastic?

Devin Hester.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2011, 02:31 PM
If Stafford would have stayed hurt like he was suppose to we would be looking even better. I really expect New England to lose a few players before we play. Since Tebow has taken over, our opponents continue to lose important players. I don't mind.

I Eat Staples
12-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

Devin Hester.

Hester is a great returner, but isn't nearly as lethal as Harvin offensively. Even more so without a QB.

Jsteve01
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM

ever heard of Devin Hester or Johnny Knox?

Dapper Dan
12-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Hester is a great returner, but isn't nearly as lethal as Harvin offensively. Even more so without a QB.

We made Harvin look even more lethal. On top of that, they have Knox and Bennett. I don't know if we have the depth at DB to keep up with those WRs. I'm really hoping our pass rush gets to the QB within 2 seconds. Harvin has had a better season than Hester. I agree with you. But I could see Hester having success against us. Heck, he may even have to play RunningBack. But I doubt it.

slim
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
ever heard of Devin Hester or Johnny Knox?

Yes, I love Jackass!

BroncoJoe
12-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Hester = GREAT returner - perhaps the best ever. Receiver? Average.
Knox = Don't watch them enough, but I don't believe he's on the same level as Harvin.

slim
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
None of the Bears WRs are as good as Harvin. Of course, the other guy (Aromashdo??) was getting open too, and I think Hester, Knox and Bennett are all probably better than him.

catfish
12-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

Devin Hester.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I know Hester is a dynamic returner, but he never stood out to me as a top shelf reciever(in college), I don't watch much pro football other than Denver so I really didn't know if they had a reciever that was on par with Harvin.

From what I have heard their QB is far and away worse than Ponder, but then again I haven't been watching so I can't say for sure

slim
12-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic. I know Hester is a dynamic returner, but he never stood out to me as a top shelf reciever(in college), I don't watch much pro football other than Denver so I really didn't know if they had a reciever that was on par with Harvin.

From what I have heard their QB is far and away worse than Ponder, but then again I haven't been watching so I can't say for sure

Well, they scored 3 points last week (after losing their only real playmaker)...so that pretty much answers your question, I think.

I am looking forward to watching Tebow against the Bears D, though.

TXBRONC
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM
A few weeks ago, when the Broncos looked to be winning with mirrors and the Bears looked like a legit playoff team, this week's matchup looked like a solid test, if not a potential drubbing.

Now there's no Cutler, no Forte and Tebow is beginning to blossom as a force on offense. The Broncos have grown in confidence exponentially while the Bears have just lost to the Raiders and Chiefs.

As long as we aren't stupid enough to kick to Hester, it looks like the Broncos stand a good chance to extend their winning streak another week.

I hope I don't jinx them by saying this but I just don't see how the Bears have enough on offense to score on the Broncos' defense. That means the score will be close which is perfect Tebow territory. It might even be hard to imagine a deficit that will require a fourth-quarter comeback this week.

I don't think it jinx anything to say the game is winnable because that's still no guarantee of victory. That said, the Bears still have a very good defense that can keep the game close enough to win it with a similar formula to what we've been using.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MasterShake
12-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't it jinx anything to say the game is winnable because that's still no guarantee of victory. That said, the Bears still have a very good defense that can keep the game close enough to win it with a similar formula to what we've been using.

Everyone keeps waiting for the floor to fall out on us. Not me. I'm sick of having battered fan syndrome. Last week I had a bad feeling about the Vikings game and it got me nothing. This week, I'm gonna party with Beef and co. and watch the Broncos dominate a game for once. This thing is over by halftime, which is good because I should be blacked out by then.

Traveler
12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
This has all the makings of a trap game IMO.

Hopefully the coaches are stressing the importance of also winning games at home.

BroncoJoe
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM

Hopefully the coaches are stressing the importance of also winning games at home.

That was said about last week too.

I just don't see this team taking any game for granted.

BigSarge87
12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
The trap game was last week. We got through it and now we're due an easy win.

underrated29
12-06-2011, 03:52 PM
EXACTLY!!

last week was the trap. I had a terrible feeling about it all week long. I kept saying the defense was going to lay an egg and they did. We overcame it though.

The good and bad news is that the bears have a much much much better defense than the vikings do. They are 1st in the league against the rush since week 6 with only 61 yards per game against. So if we get behind or let them do what minny did we are in big trouble. I have said it all year and its still true. We SUCK against good passing teams. So if a team has a good QB or WR we are in trouble...Packers, Lions, Vikings....

BUT- their offense does NOT scare me anymore since jay and forte are out. Barber might get some good runs, but thats about it. We just need, MUST make sure we do not let Johnny Knox take the top off of our defense. I say roll coverage over to goody to ensure this.

In a route we bust the bear trap and have a new bear pelt on our belt.

Broncos 17
bears 3

Skacorica
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Britton's 'stache >>> Hester

Enough said.

Joel
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM
It still does, just the other way. We should NOT look past this or any game but, as good as the Bears D is (and it's not as good as in years past,) it's the only half of the team we're playing; with NO offensive line and NO QB they're basically down to hoping Marion Barber can gash holes in one of the Leagues best defences, in Mile High air. Good luck with that, Chicago, 'cos you'll need it.

If we play up to our ability and don't get complacent this SHOULD be a route that would convince everyone Denver is the team to beat in the AFC West. If we lose we don't deserve a playoff spot.

wayninja
12-06-2011, 05:58 PM
The difficultly of the opponent is irrelevant. All will fall like wheat before the righteous wrath of our football scythe.

catfish
12-06-2011, 06:11 PM
The difficultly of the opponent is irrelevant. All will fall like wheat before the righteous wrath of our football scythe.

and the tears of the opponents will fall like rain upon their children's dreams

CrazyHorse
12-06-2011, 06:16 PM

Devin Hester

Clipworthy
12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I'd be worried, if they had Tebow

OrangeHoof
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
If we lose we don't deserve a playoff spot.

Whoa! Oakland is going to lose to Green Bay so the worst that can happen is we lose to a non-conf opponent while they lose to a non-conf opponent. We miss out on an opportunity to take a legitimate lead in the division but, otherwise, we haven't harmed ourselves.

BroncoWave
12-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Devin Hester is not a very good WR at all. He only concerns me in the return game. Also, we better win this game for no other reason than my roommate is a Bears fan and will give me endless crap if they win.

Clipworthy
12-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Don't kick it to hester, britton!

igoe4broncos
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't shock me at all to see the Bears come out with multiple wildcat packages with Hester back there with the way they've been going on offense with Hanie.

Superchop 7
12-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Neither team has Kyle Orton at QB.....so.....either team has a shot at winning this game.

nevcraw
12-06-2011, 06:51 PM
don't sleep on the bears.. they have a much better defense than minn. and have a few playmakers on offense not to mention Hester.. anyone taking this game lightly will soon wonder why we are neck and neck with Oakland and San Diego going into a possible loss against NE...

nevcraw
12-06-2011, 06:53 PM

I can't believe you would put this thread up.. of course it's a possible jinx.. Shame on you OF! shame on you!

NightTerror218
12-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I think this could be just like the Minn game. I think Hester can return kicks to keep them in good field position and put up points. I also think they could get a lot of take aways. If their STs and Defense can score points then we are in trouble because we dont have a high powered offense and if we cant shut down STs and play mistake free football some more we could drop this one at home.

I am worried that TT might have a better record on the road then he will at home by the end of the season. He thrives with more pressure and at home there is less pressure.

Thnikkaman
12-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Hester = GREAT returner - perhaps the best ever. Receiver? Average.
Knox = Don't watch them enough, but I don't believe he's on the same level as Harvin.

knox has looked like the second coming of Barry Sanders on some days

Dzone
12-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Wow. This is great. For two years my friends in Chicago have gloated and made fun of the Broncos for giving them Cutler. They made fun of Orton, and laughed that we were stuck with him. Then came Watching the Bears win and going to the playoffs while we were picking 2nd in the draft. Now, look at things.Chicago is in a nose dive and we are on the rise in first place. I havent talked to them about the game, I dont want to gloat when we kick their but on Sunday..lol..Its tempting, but I'll be nice about it. Us Bronco fans still remember what it was like to have a crappy team...lol

Ravage!!!
12-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Wouldn't shock me at all to see the Bears come out with multiple wildcat packages with Hester back there with the way they've been going on offense with Hanie.

Really? With Martz as the OC you think they will use the Wildcat offense?

Ravage!!!
12-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Wow. This is great. For two years my friends in Chicago have gloated and made fun of the Broncos for giving them Cutler. Watching the Bears win and going to the playoffs while we were picking 2nd in the draft. Now, look at things now. Chicago is in a nose dive and we are on the rise in first place. I havent talked to them about the game, I dont want to gloat when we kick their but on Sunday..lol..Its tempting, but I'll be nice about it. Us Bronco fans still remember what it was like to have a crappy team...lol

Yeah.. but they are on the nose dive BECAUSE Cutler is hurt. That would just make the very case for them that they were/are gloating about.

NightTerror218
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah.. but they are on the nose dive BECAUSE Cutler is hurt. That would just make the very case for them that they were/are gloating about.

what happens with no Forte, if they are in a nose dive when he was healthy?

Traveler
12-06-2011, 09:13 PM
That was said about last week too.

I just don't see this team taking any game for granted.

Don't think they do either. Just this weird feeling the odds are such the team is due for a game they're expected to win, but don't.

We can only have so many games where Tebow does his thing late in the 4th quarter before it finally catches up to us.

Hope I'm wrong....

TXBRONC
12-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Devin Hester is not a very good WR at all. He only concerns me in the return game. Also, we better win this game for no other reason than my roommate is a Bears fan and will give me endless crap if they win.

The last time we faced the Bears Hester was the difference in us losing to them.

dogfish
12-06-2011, 09:23 PM

i was gonna make a joke about the dreaded trap game-- shoulda known somebody would make a serious comment about it. . . :lol: :frusty:

trap game = football forum urban legend

rcsodak
12-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't it jinx anything to say the game is winnable because that's still no guarantee of victory. That said, the Bears still have a very good defense that can keep the game close enough to win it with a similar formula to what we've been using.

They have a stud LDE that will give F(still cant say his name) fits if they dont give him help. Foxy knows him well....as JPeppers.

rcsodak
12-06-2011, 09:31 PM
EXACTLY!!

last week was the trap. I had a terrible feeling about it all week long. I kept saying the defense was going to lay an egg and they did. We overcame it though.

The good and bad news is that the bears have a much much much better defense than the vikings do. They are 1st in the league against the rush since week 6 with only 61 yards per game against. So if we get behind or let them do what minny did we are in big trouble. I have said it all year and its still true. We SUCK against good passing teams. So if a team has a good QB or WR we are in trouble...Packers, Lions, Vikings....

BUT- their offense does NOT scare me anymore since jay and forte are out. Barber might get some good runs, but thats about it. We just need, MUST make sure we do not let Johnny Knox take the top off of our defense. I say roll coverage over to goody to ensure this.

In a route we bust the bear trap and have a new bear pelt on our belt.

Broncos 17
bears 3
LMAO!

A "route" and you're only saying 17!

rcsodak
12-06-2011, 09:34 PM
It still does, just the other way. We should NOT look past this or any game but, as good as the Bears D is (and it's not as good as in years past,) it's the only half of the team we're playing; with NO offensive line and NO QB they're basically down to hoping Marion Barber can gash holes in one of the Leagues best defences, in Mile High air. Good luck with that, Chicago, 'cos you'll need it.

If we play up to our ability and don't get complacent this SHOULD be a route that would convince everyone Denver is the team to beat in the AFC West. If we lose we don't deserve a playoff spot.

"one of the Leagues best defences"?

What are they ranked? Didnt they just give up 4bills to a what....6-7gm rookie starter? Close to 100 for a rb that was averaging 3yds a carry?

Lets not get carried away. :lol:

rcsodak
12-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Whoa! Oakland is going to lose to Green Bay so the worst that can happen is we lose to a non-conf opponent while they lose to a non-conf opponent. We miss out on an opportunity to take a legitimate lead in the division but, otherwise, we haven't harmed ourselves.

Except denver has more division losses, currently. So they need to get a game up on Oak, just in case.

rcsodak
12-06-2011, 09:38 PM
knox has looked like the second coming of Barry Sanders on some days
Wr looking like a rb?

Nomad
12-06-2011, 09:52 PM
As long as Urlacher and Hester are on the field....this game won't be easy.

Joel
12-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I said we wouldn't DESERVE to make the playoffs with a loss, not that it woudn't HAPPEN. However, you are wrong that it can't hurt us except in overall record: The AFC West plays the NFC North this year, which makes Chicago a common opponent, and that's the third tiebreak after head to head (even) and Division record. A common opponent Oakland BEAT. Losing to the Bills or Pats wouldn't be as bad, since they beat Oakland, too, but losing to Chicago would do the same thing for us that losing to Miami did to Oakland.

"one of the Leagues best defences"?

What are they ranked? Didnt they just give up 4bills to a what....6-7gm rookie starter? Close to 100 for a rb that was averaging 3yds a carry?

Lets not get carried away. :lol:
They're ranked pretty low (24th in yards and 23rd in scoring, I believe) but 1) like the rest of the team, they're playing much better now than at the start of the year and 2) the blowout losses to Detroit and GB skew our numbers. GB and Detroit were our ONLY blowouts, btw; apart from those two games our losses (even under Orton) were by 5, 3 and 3 points, and that's with a pretty weak offense.

I follow the Vikings, too, and didn't need the buzz around Ponder to tell me he's not a bad QB; I already knew Gerhart is solid runner, though he's more like McGahee than he is Peterson. We've been leaving our D on the field too long (which also doesn't help their stats) and I worry about long term fatigue starting to wear on them, but they're a good D that's the biggest reason we are where we are. If we had more than one DB who could cover I'd say we're top 10, maybe even top 5.

Except denver has more division losses, currently. So they need to get a game up on Oak, just in case.
We're 3-2 in the Division and they're 2-2, so we're actually half a game up on them there. Far worse for them, if we finish with the same overall AND Division record it will probably be because they lost to a common opponent (which is the next tiebreak) and we're already a game up on them there, too, with no one left after the Bears except teams that beat them. We need to beat the Bears and KC, but could very easily win the Division as long as we beat ONE of them and the Bills (who beat Oakland.) The way Detroit's playing now though I don't want to count on them to help us win the Division.

MOtorboat
12-06-2011, 10:41 PM

No they don't.

You might want to actually look at the standings again.

OrangeHoof
12-06-2011, 11:44 PM

Untrue. Denver is 3-2 in the division and Oakland is 2-2. Denver still has a home game with the Chiefs and Oakland has games left with the Chiefs and Chargers.

Denver has a one-game advantage in common opponents and a two-game edge in conference record.

Canmore
12-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Untrue. Denver is 3-2 in the division and Oakland is 2-2. Denver still has a home game with the Chiefs and Oakland has games left with the Chiefs and Chargers.

Denver has a one-game advantage in common opponents and a two-game edge in conference record.

Denver needs to beat opponents they should beat. That's what good teams do. The last thing you want is to go to a tie-breaker. We should beat the Bears and the Raiders should lose to Green Bay. That will give us a one game advantage and we need that. We have three winnable games and the Patriots who historically we have played well. Three of the four are at home. The division is there for the taking, it's up to us.

Nick
12-07-2011, 01:38 AM
I don't know about you all but I think we going to kill that offensive line they have.

Now without Forte... The only way Broncos lose if we play dumb and lose the turnover battle. I don't see that happening. I have faith in Colquitt and our special teams and not worrying about hester.

wayninja
12-07-2011, 01:39 AM
If Von is playing, I fear for Caleb Hanie.

Canmore
12-07-2011, 01:45 AM
I don't know about you all but I think we going to kill that offensive line they have.

Now without Forte... The only way Broncos lose if we play dumb and lose the turnover battle. I don't see that happening. I have faith in Colquitt and our special teams and not worrying about hester.

The only thing the Bears have left that scares me is Hester. Quite simply he is the best return man in the history of the game. Colquitt and our special teams have been great during the win streak but underestimating Hester is a recipe for disaster.

FlyByU
12-07-2011, 05:35 AM
Broncos are Favorites in this game by 3.5 points IIRC who'da thunk it?

Canmore
12-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Broncos are Favorites in this game by 3.5 points IIRC who'da thunk it?

As far as Vegas goes we are Rodney Dangerfield. We are only getting 3.5 points at home to a team that has lost Cutler and Forte. That is their entire offense. No respect, none. And I like it. I think the Broncos are thriving on it.

Traveler
12-07-2011, 06:23 AM
i was gonna make a joke about the dreaded trap game-- shoulda known somebody would make a serious comment about it. . . :lol: :frusty:

trap game = football forum urban legend

Maybe, maybe not. Just ask NO after they lost to the Rams. Or maybe the Skins after they lost to CAR.

Canmore
12-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Just ask NO after they lost to the Rams. Or maybe the Skins after they lost to CAR.

Any given Sunday. Just because the Bears are missing Cutler and Forte I feel like people are overlooking them. They still have Briggs, Urlacher and Hester. They are fighting to stay alive in the playoff hunt until Cutler and Forte can come back. There defense may only be ranked 20th but they are 8th in points against. Vegas is only spotting us 3.5 points at home! I expect a battle, a win yes but a battle.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2011, 06:43 AM
It's games like this that I fear the most. Just like Minnesota this past Sunday, the Bears have a very good defense, are pretty darn good at running the ball, and have a young, unpredictable QB who could play poorly or could end up with a career day vs us. It's almost like looking in the mirror and that's what scares me.

They are banged up and missing their two most potent offensive weapons, but it's games like this where new stars are discovered. Who thought Mario Haggan would play as well as he did vs Minny? If you'd have told me he'd have a had a pick 6 that was a crucial score in the game I'd have called you crazy.

There's too much parity in this league to count anyone out or look past anyone. This is the very definition of a "trap" game for us. We're riding a winning streak right now and even though I'm sure Fox, Dawkins, Tebow and the other team leadership aren't looking past anyone, this is another of those "crucial" games if we want to make the playoffs. It's game we should win - a banged up team on a skid and we're at home. I'd almost rather be the underdog all the time.

I'll just be happy to squeak out a win this week. Then next week we can see if we really have the stuff to be a contender vs NE. Maybe it's because I'm a Broncos fan and for the last decade I've seen a team that consistently plays down to its competition, but games like these are the worst for me. I had a bad feeling before the Miami game, the Minnesota game, and now this one. We squeaked by the first two, I just hope we can do the same this week. Their defense will probably prove to be our biggest challenge since the Detroit game (and we know how that turned out). The saving grace is that we'll probably have Von back to beat Hanie down. With the way we're playing right now in a tight race for the playoffs, this is a must win. I hate "must win" games...

Canmore
12-07-2011, 07:00 AM
It's games like this that I fear the most. Just like Minnesota this past Sunday, the Bears have a very good defense, are pretty darn good at running the ball, and have a young, unpredictable QB who could play poorly or could end up with a career day vs us. It's almost like looking in the mirror and that's what scares me.

They are banged up and missing their two most potent offensive weapons, but it's games like this where new stars are discovered. Who thought Mario Haggan would play as well as he did vs Minny? If you'd have told me he'd have a had a pick 6 that was a crucial score in the game I'd have called you crazy.

There's too much parity in this league to count anyone out or look past anyone. This is the very definition of a "trap" game for us. We're riding a winning streak right now and even though I'm sure Fox, Dawkins, Tebow and the other team leadership aren't looking past anyone, this is another of those "crucial" games if we want to make the playoffs. It's game we should win - a banged up team on a skid and we're at home. I'd almost rather be the underdog all the time.

I'll just be happy to squeak out a win this week. Then next week we can see if we really have the stuff to be a contender vs NE. Maybe it's because I'm a Broncos fan and for the last decade I've seen a team that consistently plays down to its competition, but games like these are the worst for me. I had a bad feeling before the Miami game, the Minnesota game, and now this one. We squeaked by the first two, I just hope we can do the same this week. Their defense will probably prove to be our biggest challenge since the Detroit game (and we know how that turned out). The saving grace is that we'll probably have Von back to beat Hanie down. With the way we're playing right now in a tight race for the playoffs, this is a must win. I hate "must win" games...

Good teams beat teams they should beat. We should beat the Bears with their situation. Don't kick the ball to Hester. As far as a must win if you want the division championship, yes. Oakland loses to Green Bay and we are a game in front with New England, Buffalo and KC on deck. Not an easy finish but all the game are winnable including the Patriots who have the worst defense in the NFL and we always play tough.

TXBRONC
12-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Everyone keeps waiting for the floor to fall out on us. Not me. I'm sick of having battered fan syndrome. Last week I had a bad feeling about the Vikings game and it got me nothing. This week, I'm gonna party with Beef and co. and watch the Broncos dominate a game for once. This thing is over by halftime, which is good because I should be blacked out by then.

Same here. I'm done with waiting for season to go the hell in a hand basket. I heard couple of Denver's local sports media guys say just enjoy the ride. They're right.

TXBRONC
12-07-2011, 09:44 AM

Denver can't afford to take any team down the stretch lightly because we don't have a playoff seed wrapped up. However even with the Bears and Patriots on the docket I like our chances.

TXBRONC
12-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Good teams beat teams they should beat. We should beat the Bears with their situation. Don't kick the ball to Hester. As far as a must win if you want the division championship, yes. Oakland loses to Green Bay and we are a game in front with New England, Buffalo and KC on deck. Not an easy finish but all the game are winnable including the Patriots who have the worst defense in the NFL and we always play tough.

Denver probably wont run the table but they just might be good enough to make the playoffs.

Traveler
12-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Well said my friend! Totally on point. Knowing that a game against NE is up next, I'm hoping they aren't subconciously looking past the Bears because of all the injuries. Their defense is still formidable and this team shouldn't be taken lightly.

Ravage!!!
12-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Denver probably wont run the table but they just might be good enough to make the playoffs.

we are going to the playoffs. We are going to win the AFCW. Everything is coming into our favor. Just watch, Brady will be hurt this week and will have to miss next week's game...just as Forte was hurt last week. It's just our year for this kind of luck. The schedule has gotten softer, and our defense has gotten stronger. :beer:

MasterShake
12-07-2011, 11:19 AM
we are going to the playoffs. We are going to win the AFCW. Everything is coming into our favor. Just watch, Brady will be hurt this week and will have to miss next week's game...just as Forte was hurt last week. It's just our year for this kind of luck. The schedule has gotten softer, and our defense has gotten stronger. :beer:

The way to beat Brady is to knock his recievers at the line off their routes, put pressure on him, and hit him in the knee knocking him out for the season. If we do at least two of those things, we have a good chance.

TheBear
12-07-2011, 11:34 AM
As a Denver fan who lives in Chicago I am so worried about this game. Do not punt the ball in bounds at all. I don't care it it only goes 20 yards, you can not let Hester touch the ball anywhere near the field or there will be trouble. Also as the Bears receivers go Bennett is a solid possession receiver, finds the gaps and makes the catch, he will not outrun anyone. Hester and Knox have speed but that is it, as they say on the radio here everyday, they don't know how to be a receiver. They don't cut on the right legs, they don't fight for or adjust to the ball, they don't run routes right. This game is going to be ugly and low scoring, Bear lbs have the speed to contain Tebow and keep everything in front of them. The only real weakness is a lack of skill at safety, could be a good day for decker to run posts out of the slot and be wide open.

NightTerror218
12-07-2011, 01:52 PM
As long as Urlacher and Hester are on the field....this game won't be easy.

You are forgetting a big one.....Peppers

NightTerror218
12-07-2011, 01:54 PM
As far as Vegas goes we are Rodney Dangerfield. We are only getting 3.5 points at home to a team that has lost Cutler and Forte. That is their entire offense. No respect, none. And I like it. I think the Broncos are thriving on it.

Barber may come on strong.

NightTerror218
12-07-2011, 01:56 PM
The way to beat Brady is to knock his recievers at the line off their routes, put pressure on him, and hit him in the knee knocking him out for the season. If we do at least two of those things, we have a good chance.

Need to have great coverage on Welker in slot and Gronkowski (what ever TE last name is). Welker will eat us harris in the slot. That is the one part i am nervous about. I know Miller is going to get several roughing passer and fines that game too, because brady has special rules in his favor. Breathing on him after he throws in a roughing the passer penalty.

vandammage13
12-07-2011, 02:58 PM
...With the way we're playing right now in a tight race for the playoffs, this is a must win. I hate "must win" games...

"Must Win" games make me nervous as well, but they're a hell of a lot better than "It doesn't matter because we're out of the playoff race" games.

Canmore
12-07-2011, 03:08 PM

At this point in time, I'm expecting to make the playoffs. Can't believe I'm saying that. :defense:

NightTerror218
12-07-2011, 03:10 PM
At this point in time, I'm expecting to make the playoffs. Can't believe I'm saying that. :defense:

I am not expecting anything. I am very hopeful. If Raiders go, well that was expected starting the season

Canmore
12-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I am not expecting anything. I am very hopeful. If Raiders go, well that was expected starting the season

In my opinion San Diego was the class of the division then the Raiders and the Raiders a dangerous team if they got some quarterback play. They have that but they are missing McFadden even with the play of Michael Bush. That said, we are on a roll and I expect it to continue. I think it will be a dogfight, but we are ready for that. I really like our chances.

Mike
12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Screw this thread. Where is Mo and his reverse mojo magic? We need a double dose thanks to crap like this.

wayninja
12-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Screw this thread. Where is Mo and his reverse mojo magic? We need a double dose thanks to crap like this.

Too soon. MO will get it done when it's time.

Dzone
12-07-2011, 05:06 PM
So it looks like Clady and Mcgahee missed practice today. Oh and Royal too, but he is always hurt.