PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night against the Pats

vanpelt4prez
12-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Just worth a mention. Not trying to look ahead but?

Next 2 weeks
Chicago
NE

Oakland
@Green Bay
Detroit

If the Sunday game against the Pats is flexed could be possibly to clinch the division.

Denver is going to be crazy if the events play out in the Broncos favor.

igoe4broncos
12-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I still don't think that would clinch because if Oakland won their last two (@KC, vs. SD) that would make them 9-7 (4-2 in the AFCW), and we lost our last two (@BUF, vs. KC), that would make us 9-7 (3-3 in the AFCW).

They would win that tiebreaker.

vanpelt4prez
12-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Never mind you are correct.

sneakers
12-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Hhahahhahaha the OP's name!

BRONCO FAN SINCE 84
12-05-2011, 11:40 PM
The Pats game will be flexed to Sunday nite! So the entire world c Tebow Tom Brady

BroncoStud
12-05-2011, 11:52 PM
We just need the Raiders to lose. Denver getting in the playoffs at 9-7 is great. It's by no means a done deal yet. I think SD will beat the Raiders though. I think we will beat KC as well. The Chicago game is critical. We MUST win this game.

No Cutler, no Forte. But they have one badass defense.

wayninja
12-06-2011, 12:01 AM
I have a feeling both teams go 2-2 in the last 4. I just pray that at least one of Oaklands losses is against SD or KC and we don't lose our last game.

Buff
12-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Hhahahhahaha the OP's name!

Worst first thread/screen name combo I've seen in a long time. Just a really bad effort all the way around.

CrazyHorse
12-06-2011, 12:29 AM
I'd love to beat the Patriots in prime time.

camdisco24
12-06-2011, 12:32 AM
When should we find out if the game is flexed? It's killing me!

wayninja
12-06-2011, 01:03 AM
When should we find out if the game is flexed? It's killing me!

It'll be flexed, don't worry about it.

Joel
12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I have a feeling both teams go 2-2 in the last 4. I just pray that at least one of Oaklands losses is against SD or KC and we don't lose our last game.
I have a feeling you're right, but expect Oaklands other loss to be Detroit. I say, "other" because: CA team vs. 12-0 defending Super Bowl champs, at Lambeau, in December. There's no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL, but that's about as close as it gets.

It's not the end of the world though, because as long as we beat Chicago (minus Cutler AND Forte) and KC in Denver (heaven alone knows who their QB will be; Palko went down Sunday and Orton did the fainting goat thing almost immediately.) We would be stupid to take those games or any others for granted, but we should win them (ANY playoff team should) and that will put us in great shape unless Oakland beats everyone but GB: IF we both go 2-2 AND we beat KC again Oakland either blows a Divison game (giving us the second tiebreak) or draws even on the second tiebreak at the expense of losing the third. All roads lead to Rome.

People expecting us to clinch the Division against NE are on crack, however well we've played them in the past, because even if we pulled that off it requires Detroit win in Oakland, which is far from given at this point. However, one of the Leagues best defenses hosting a Bears team with no offensive line, no QB and no running back could be the blowout those people expected last week, and after that Pats all we have is a trip to Buffalo (who incidentally beat Oakland, which could be huge in the third tiebreak) and a Denver rematch with KC and their TBA QB. Oakland, meanwhile, faces the two best teams in the NFC North and two more Divisional games. The smart money is on us to win the Division, but this is the NFL and no one is going to hand it to us.

All of that depends on winning games we should, starting with the Bears next week (especially if you want the Pats game flexed.) We got here one game at a time, and if we make the playoffs we'll get there the same way.

BroncoNut
12-06-2011, 03:36 PM
what does it mean when a game is flexed?

camdisco24
12-06-2011, 04:49 PM

They move it into a primetime spot because it has more intriguing playoff implications. (aka better ratings)

The Broncos vs. Pats game would bring much better ratings than Ravens Vs. Sandy Eggo.

wayninja
12-06-2011, 05:17 PM

It's rapidly ejected using the sphincter.

Clipworthy
12-06-2011, 06:31 PM
why would they flex a game for a superbowl favorite vs a qb that would miss the ground if he was aiming for it

(sarcasm)