PDA

View Full Version : Epic Ownage Abound?

Overtime
01-26-2009, 01:54 AM
would it not be frickin' hilarious to see the Chargers trade or cut LT, only for the Patriots to acquire/sign him and then he wins a Super Bowl...god that would just be the straw that breaks the camel's back in San Diego wouldn't it? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/23/harrison-has-thoughts-about-chargers-situation/

Rodney Harrison understands what Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson is going through. He has been there.

Harrison spent nine seasons with the Chargers before he was released. Not that it didn’t work out for Harrison, who went on to win two Super Bowls as a strong safety for the Patriots. But now Tomlinson is going through a similar battle.

Tomlinson said he wanted to end his career in San Diego (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/21/tomlinson-i-have-no-intentions-of-leaving-san-diego/). Chargers general manager A.J. Smith responded the next day (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/22/chargers-gm-smith-responds-to-tomlinson/) in an unflattering tone.

Harrison, who’s on the NFL Network set this week, was asked about the Tomlinson situation after the Total Access production meeting.

“It’s very disappointing, and it’s very disheartening for me to see LaDainian even have to go through questions about if he’s going to be a Charger,” Harrison said. “I think the organization should have come out and addressed the issue. If there are any rumors coming around, it’s up to your head coach, it’s up to your general manager, vice president and owner to address the issue.

“LaDainian is obviously a Hall of Famer. Why should he have to question if he’s going to be on the team or not? Or if he’s going to be traded? Do you honestly think you are going to be a better team without LaDainian Tomlinson? It’s just crazy to even think. It’s disappointing.”

But is it surprising?

“No. I’m the same guy that was cut after being there for nine years,” Harrison said. “I’m the same guy that saw Junior Seau get cut. I’m the same guy seeing LaDainian Tomlinson go through the same thing. So does it surprise me? No. Am I disappointed? Very, because he shouldn’t have to go through it.”

But a lot of guys change teams at the end of their careers. Is this an issue with the Chargers, or is it just the business of the league?

“Individuals from organizations make decisions,” Harrison said. “Everything starts from the top and trickles down to the locker room — owner, general manager, head coach set the standard. If I was the owner of the team, I would come out and say if I had to settle an issue like that, I would say LaDainian Tomlinson is going nowhere. I am the owner of this team, and he’s going nowhere. It’s as simple as that. How hard is that?”

TXBRONC
01-26-2009, 09:59 AM
It would even be even better if we win the division because Smith acts like a tool.

Shazam!
01-26-2009, 10:01 AM
I hear what he is saying, but c'mon now. Lady Tom hasn't been able to play in their last two playoffs. Any team would consider going in another direction, even if this was the Broncos with TD back in the day.

They should treat him better though. He's been the franchise for so long.

SD is done IMO with a resurgent Denver going in a new direction. They won three straight AFC West titles and have gone nowhere. It all happens in cycles. Soon, a new AFC West team will rise up and knock them off, and Denver is closer than any other team.

The clock is ticking on SD, and the motto of the wizards of smart (the 'experst and analysts') and the hype every year of being 'Super Bowl contenders' for the last 5 seasons and producing nothing but angst, futility and disappointment will have caught up.

TXBRONC
01-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I hear what he is saying, but c'mon now. Lady Tom hasn't been able to play in their last two playoffs. Any team would consider going in another direction, even if this was the Broncos with TD back in the day.

They should treat him better though. He's been the franchise for so long.

SD is done IMO with a resurgent Denver going in a new direction. They won three straight AFC West titles and have gone nowhere. It all happens in cycles. Soon, a new AFC West team will rise up and knock them off, and Denver is closer than any other team.

The clock is ticking on SD, and the motto of the wizards of smart (the 'experst and analysts') and the hype every year of being 'Super Bowl contenders' for the last 5 seasons and producing nothing but angst, futility and disappointment will have caught up.

I can understand that maybe Smith is think LT is starting on the downside of his career, but just way he's handled it show him be the very definition of a jerk.

GEM
01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
:laugh: Mud in the face if LT goes anywhere else and wins a SB. Something the Chargers just can't seem to do, even when they are completely loaded with talent.

WTE
01-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't want LT on the Patriots. He's a wuss.

I would prefer NE brings back the same RB's from last year (although I doubt that will happen)

At this point, I'd rather have Maroney than LT.

**Edit** My first mod mistake....I hit edit on WTE's post instead of quote. Oops. I apologize.

G_Money
01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
I want Drew Brees and LT to win championships without the Chargers.

That would be very fitting.

~G

GEM
01-26-2009, 11:46 AM

I would prefer NE brings back the same RB's from last year (although I doubt that will happen)

**Edit** My first mod mistake....I hit edit on WTE's post instead of quote. Oops. I apologize.

Maroney has just as many injury concerns as LT, though I can understand your not wanting him. The whining wouldn't go over well in that locker room.

WTE
01-26-2009, 12:40 PM

Ha ha. Rookie Mod! Something tells me this won't be your last mistake either.

My master plan is nearing completion!

Poet
01-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I want Drew Brees and LT to win championships without the Chargers.

That would be very fitting.

~G

I could only dream of LT going to the Saints, resurrecting his career and playing at a high level for two more years and then taking on a mentor role like Thurman Thomas did, and then watching LT and Brees beat the Chargers in the SB.

Overtime
01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
well if the Pats did acquire him, i bet Belichick would limit him during the first half of the season to keep him super fresh, and then turn him loose the second half, and in the playoffs. there's no way Belichick would let him go the full season at full speed.

but hell even if he ended up in New Orleans, that'd be awesome. LT, Reggie Bush, and Drew Brees? dayuuuuuuumm!

Broncospsycho77
01-26-2009, 10:52 PM
LT pretty much made AJ Smith. Smith, that intolerable DB, has no leverage in the situation besides having control over transactions. It almost makes me feel bad for LT, but then I think of how many 200+ yd games...

Still, you'd think LT would earn some kind of tenure after putting SD on the map single-handedly.

topscribe
01-26-2009, 11:07 PM

That's okay, GEM. WTE's posts are good to practice on.

Then you will do it right when you get to the intelligent ones. :lol:

-----

WTE
01-27-2009, 10:06 AM
That's okay, GEM. WTE's posts are good to practice on.

Then you will do it right when you get to the intelligent ones. :lol:

-----

That's fine. GEM can "practice" on me any time she wants. :elefant:

LRtagger
01-28-2009, 01:39 PM

You know what they say about noobs

Bronco Bible
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Maroney has just as many injury concerns as LT, though I can understand your not wanting him. The whining wouldn't go over well in that locker room.

I disagree Gem