PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'll Admit It. This Choked Me Up.

spikerman
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
In Peter King's MMQB column he had this little nugget about an interview he conducted with Tim Tebow,

Before I let Tebow go, I asked him if anyone after the game -- coaches, players, execs -- had said anything memorable to him. "Everybody was happy,'' he said, "but I'll tell you one thing that happened during the week that I remember ... ''

Good, I thought. John Fox, maybe, sidling up to him and saying something sportingly profound like, "Son, we're going to ride that left arm and those legs to the Super Bowl.''

" ... I had an opportunity to talk with a kid named Blake Appleton, from Florida, on Thursday. He's a leukemia patient who's just been moved to hospice. And after the game, when I was being interviewed on TV, I got to say his name. That's what I'm proud of today. I let him know people cared about him. I let him know God has a plan for him."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/12/05/Week13/index.html#ixzz1fhr5ZZwb

Whether you believe he is the QB of the future or not, I don't see how anybody can dislike this kid.

Northman
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
That is pretty special.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
very cool

TXBRONC
12-05-2011, 06:45 PM
It's not surprising this kid is as genuine as they come.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Disgusting. Absolutely sickening. What happened to football players? They used to be real men. Shooting themselves in the legs and running dog fighting rings. THOSE were the good ol' days.

It's a sad day for professional sports. Guess we are stuck in this existentially meaningless era of genuine compassion and goodwill toward men. Puke.

Dean
12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
In Peter King's MMQB column he had this little nugget about an interview he conducted with Tim Tebow,

Whether you believe he is the QB of the future or not, I don't see how anybody can dislike this kid.

Here is a you tube segment posted by Moolenium on "Broncos Country" message board. I thought it was very well done. I liked it and I think that you might as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR3uwjG6dkQ

catfish
12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
I'll try not to ruin the vibe with my rampant Gator homerism, let me just say imagine the guy winning for 4 years like he has this year and then figure in that there are literally dozens of stories around him like this one in that same time.....there is a reason some of his fans are over the top in love with the guy, try to cut us some slack when we cross the line occasionally please

camdisco24
12-05-2011, 10:05 PM
I totally understand why people get so feisty talking about Tebow. It sucks hearing people bash the worlds greatest human being.

That's why these wins have been so fun though imo. The good guy wins.

MOtorboat
12-05-2011, 10:17 PM
I'll try not to ruin the vibe with my rampant Gator homerism, let me just say imagine the guy winning for 4 years like he has this year and then figure in that there are literally dozens of stories around him like this one in that same time.....there is a reason some of his fans are over the top in love with the guy, try to cut us some slack when we cross the line occasionally please

Imagine him winning for the next 15 years.

As one great said, "I'm just graduating."

We get it Gator country. We get it. He's a great kid and one of the greatest (literally) people to play this game we love. He also finds ways to win. Be as humble as him. Be as grateful as him.

And quit shoving it down our throat if we don't immediately agree.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 10:23 PM

We get it Gator country. We get it. He's a great kid and one of the greatest (literally) people to play this game we love. He also finds ways to win. Be as humble as him. Be as grateful as him.

c-fish is one of the good ones. Unlike tea-bowtie-clock.

MOtorboat
12-05-2011, 10:32 PM
c-fish is one of the good ones. Unlike tea-bowtie-clock.

I wasn't trying to call him out.

But I was calling other new board members out. And I will absolutely stick by that opinion.

There are plenty of fans who have integrated with this fanbase for various reasons over the time I've been a fan, specifically online. I cannot remember a group of fans who refused to respect the existing fan base and have been more abrasive more than the Tebow crazies.

They have been rude and arrogant, which is unlike their hero. I am pleading for them to start acting like their hero.

sneakers
12-06-2011, 12:09 AM
What happened?

wayninja
12-06-2011, 12:17 AM
What happened?

Tebow saved a baby seal from a brutal clubbing by an immoral car dealer.

063wANsIjmE

catfish
12-06-2011, 08:11 AM

hey don't take your feud with Bull out on me, my insults towards you have always centered around parentage, personal hygeine and sexual preference I am very careful not to reference Tebow in any way :)

CoachChaz
12-06-2011, 09:19 AM
I have a bad habit, like most people, of wanting to see where the catch is. I see people who are considered "perfect" and I immediately need to know where the error is. No one can be that great and not have a demon somewhere. Usually, the media finds something and I feel better knowing about it.

But with all the media hype and attention Tebow gets...we still havent seen that demon. Strange part is...for some reason...I dont want there to be one this time. Weird.

I think I'm in love.

lgenf
12-06-2011, 09:51 AM
If there was something on Tebow it would be out there

FlyByU
12-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I have a bad habit, like most people, of wanting to see where the catch is. I see people who are considered "perfect" and I immediately need to know where the error is. No one can be that great and not have a demon somewhere. Usually, the media finds something and I feel better knowing about it.

But with all the media hype and attention Tebow gets...we still havent seen that demon. Strange part is...for some reason...I dont want there to be one this time. Weird.

I think I'm in love.

No-One is perfect but it doesn't stop us from trying our very best to live that way. Have you ever striven to live a good "perfect" life? (I do everyday and fail at it most of the time because I am human) If not you do not know how tuff a life that is. So before you knock someone trying to live a good "perfect" life don't knock it because you can't.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2011, 11:13 AM
nobody is denying that TT is a great person.
But I dont want ghandi as my running back or mother teresa as my tight end.
love the tebow person.
tebow the QB is a work in progress.

Skacorica
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
love the tebow person.

Tebow isn't perfect, Im sure he has things he isn't proud of.

Most athletes have skeletons, just look at Lance Armstrong; everyone thought was great until it was discovered that he was a cheater and a liar.

BroncoNut
12-06-2011, 12:02 PM

Most athletes have skeletons, just look at Lance Armstrong; everyone thought was great until it was discovered that he was a cheater and a liar.

I didn't know that about Lance

Skacorica
12-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I didn't know that about Lance

Actually I shamefully admit that was just an attempt to get a Zam meltdown :tsk:

claymore
12-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Oh my...

Poet
12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Tim Tebow > bacon.

Superchop 7
12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Karma is "cause and effect".

You do good things.....good things happen.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2011, 01:15 PM

Most athletes have skeletons, just look at Lance Armstrong; everyone thought was great until it was discovered that he was a cheater and a liar.pathetic that some folks would shamelessly cast aspersions and accusations towardss a man who has raised millions to help defeat CANCER, just to try and incite a poster on a sports forum.
even more pathetic is that someone would salute that post.

vandammage13
12-06-2011, 01:33 PM

It's not hard for me to see why he has such passionate fans.

If he keeps winning here, I'll bet our Denver fanbase will become even more rabid supporters of him than the ones in FL are a few years down the road.

The guy is a unique talent and a unique person...The fact that he has so many that root against him is puzzling to me.

Suppose its an indictment on where we are as a society today.

Poet
12-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Lance is a cheater and a liar.

Just because he once had a good story doesn't mean anything in regards to that.

TT15Superman
12-06-2011, 01:50 PM

But with all the media hype and attention Tebow gets...we still havent seen that demon. Strange part is...for some reason...I dont want there to be one this time. Weird.Afraid to say it, but once TT15 experiences a little poontang (cause of a lot of the world's evils), he may tail off (just ask King David). Just sayin'. The devil uses one of God's greatest gifts to man to create jealousy, lust, adultery, hurt, dishonesty, and pain. He could go "Tiger" on us.

BTW, Mother Teresa was not perfect either. She questioned God and her faith.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1655720,00.html

I didn't know that about LanceAlledgedly, he (and all other TdF riders) used EPO. meh. Not serious "cheating". The man had Stage III testicular cancer. Beating that = winner.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2011, 01:51 PM
its called jealousy.
TBOW, so polarizing, GPS devices and compasses do not work in his vicinity.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Lance is a cheater and a liar.

Just because he once had a good story doesn't mean anything in regards to that...and you know this for a fact and declare it as such.

Chef Zambini
12-06-2011, 01:56 PM
many know that I am a huge LA fan. so to attack me, they attack LA. its pathetic and irresponsable.
someone said "KARMA"
I wondere what these same folks will think when they or a loved one gets cancer.
I will think... KARMA !

BroncoNut
12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
pathetic that some folks would shamelessly cast aspersions and accusations towardss a man who has raised millions to help defeat CANCER, just to try and incite a poster on a sports forum.
even more pathetic is that someone would salute that post.

Slim is therefore pathetic.

this is a nice syllogism and the conclusion sound

GEM
12-06-2011, 05:33 PM
many know that I am a huge LA fan. so to attack me, they attack LA. its pathetic and irresponsable.
someone said "KARMA"
I wondere what these same folks will think when they or a loved one gets cancer.
I will think... KARMA !

So because someone believes the evidence pointing to Lance's involvement in tampering of blood....they or someone they love should get cancer. That's pathetic and irresponsible. ******* disgusting actually.

lgenf
12-06-2011, 05:44 PM
someone said "KARMA"
I will think... KARMA !

Loser post

Maybe you should keep those posts for your home board as you work on 29k

MOtorboat
12-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah, so FYI, any discussion involving Lance Armstrong with zam is going to go south real quick.

spikerman
12-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Wow did this thread go in a direction I never anticipated. :)

TT15Superman
12-06-2011, 06:44 PM
So because someone believes the evidence pointing to Lance's involvement in tampering of blood...If by "tampering" you mean his own blood or increasing the amount of his own blood, then I guess so. I don't know much of the claims/issues, but EPO is endogenous...so is blood.

Running tests for elevated EPO is probably not possible, but its by-product is...red blood cells*. If Lance had RBC levels within normal range, then I don't consider that "cheating" or "doping". As I said, I don't know the history or outcome...just the accusations that I saw on 60 minutes. And, FYI, it's "EPO", not "E-P-O", Scott Pelley...that's just bad reporting.

*You know what else increases the # of RBC's? High altitude, so the whole Broncos team is "doping".

Poet
12-06-2011, 07:33 PM
..and you know this for a fact and declare it as such.

I don't 'know' that O.J. did it or that Barry Bonds 'did it' but I know better.

vettesplus
12-06-2011, 08:38 PM

i don't think anyone dislikes or doubts tt as a person, i want my son to look up to him....

Skacorica
12-07-2011, 03:43 PM
someone said "KARMA"
I will think... KARMA !

:shocked:

slim
12-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Slim is therefore pathetic.

this is a nice syllogism and the conclusion sound

Suck it, Nut.

Lance is a juicer....that is a fact.

Zam, please find me a quote where JE definitively states that LA is not a juicer.

BroncoNut
12-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Actually I shamefully admit that was just an attempt to get a Zam meltdown :tsk:

dang skacorica, I think you really started something here. Hilarious :hi5:

BroncoNut
12-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Suck it, Nut.

Zam, please find me a quote where JE definitively states that LA is not a juicer.

Slim, I dont' think that. I was just pointing out the idiocy of the reasoning. Slim is NOT a loser.

BroncoNut
12-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Suck it, Nut.

seems like I heard that Lance was a juicer at one time. don't really care to tell you the truth, but havn't been a great fan or followed either. I suppose it's a shame whenever a champ's credibility/whatever is smashed. But shit, itsn't it all a big fallacy when it get's right down to it? Isn't it all absurd?

hamrob
12-08-2011, 01:27 AM
I didn't read all the posts, but I thought it was tasteless of Peter King to say that Tebow wears his religion on his sleave. What the hell does he know?

You can find his and Aaron Rogers thoughts about Tebow at the end of King's article.

FanInAZ
12-08-2011, 01:55 AM
love the tebow person.

Actually, I think that Mother Teresa would be a little small to play TE. I would probably try her out as a Dave Meggett style RB. At 5'-7", he was so much smaller than his O-line that the opposing D had trouble tracking him until he got past the line of scrimmage.

joels
12-08-2011, 02:12 AM
I dont hate tebow, nor do i love him, and really dont care what he did in college, non of that count in the NFL. I am a huge bronco fan with multiple bronco tats on me, that being said, i dont believe his style of play right now can get us to the superbowl. Were in a age of fast hard hitting defenses, that can read a rookie qb like a first grade book. Granted tebow is big, quick, and strong, but lb's are bigger stronger and faster (look on our own defense to von miller for proof of that). No running qb has ever even made the SB and non will. Unless he changes his style, to raead first, and can consistently put up 25 + IN THE AIR, all he'll be his trade bait for us. Dont get me wrong, nothing would make me happier than him proving me wrong and winning us won, hes a great leader, great work ethic, all the entangebles, but the number one thing for a qb he doesnt have yet...accuracy. hopefully he will learn that, in the meantime, baily dawson, miller, and crew will have to keep doing what they are doing. And one more thing, anyone who is a bronco fan because of tebow, get lost, ur not a real broncos fan, we dont need u and dont want you. Your a fan of the team, not the player, or not a fan at all