PDA

View Full Version : We Will, and SHOULD Draft a QB in the Next Draft

WARHORSE
12-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Tim Tebow is winning football games, and may indeed....considering this past game....continue to grow into a consistent enough passer that we should keep him under center next year and going into the future.

But considering that Tebows style is brutal, we will need another QB behind him that plays the same style of offense. RGIII would not only fill the need, but may actually unseat Tim.

We simply cannot go forward knowing this without addressing it. Tebow, especially as the big hits continue, will begin to break down, and this will affect his play without a doubt.

He will become slower......really soon. Tim already barely has enough speed to get it done, but when he loses a step....and he will.....he will no longer be the same run threat.

Goaline is paydirt, and he is still the best redzone threat in the league, so he will still have value, but this is a problem we simply are going to have to address.

Quinn is not gonna do the same thing.

Landry, Wilson, RGIII are the top guys imo to check out, with RGIII at the top of the list.

Northman
12-05-2011, 05:51 PM
RGIII would be nice but Denver (at this point) should not draft a QB in the first and they shouldnt give up picks to move up to get RGIII. The only way i can see drafting a 1st round QB at this point is if Tebow regresses all of a sudden.

CoachChaz
12-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Griffin will be top 10...maybe even top 5. Cross him off. After that, the best athlete at QB might be Tannehill (as far as passers go). I just dont think EFX is looking for a QB that can take a similar beating to Tebow while he's on the bench nursing injuries from said beatings.

Nomad
12-05-2011, 05:54 PM
RGIII would be nice but Denver (at this point) should not draft a QB in the first and they shouldnt give up picks to move up to get RGIII. The only way i can see drafting a 1st round QB at this point is if Tebow regresses all of a sudden.

Right now....BRONCOS would have to move up, and I believe considerably, to get RGIII. Btw, RGIII can thank Newton too.

MasterShake
I wouldn't mind seeing a QB in the later rounds, but in the first round we need some defense. DB maybe?

Nick
As one of RG3's biggest supporters and think he is very good. Tebow is excelling at rapid rate and progressing VERY quick... I do not think they will nor should draft a QB high if he keeps this up.

The last couple games we played and seeing Tebows eye movement... He looks legit.

The Broncos will not draft a QB.

NightTerror218
12-05-2011, 05:56 PM
later rounds QB, we have other needs besides QB right now. I want a ILB, CB, DL and RB. Are all more glaring needs right now. We will not have a shot at top QBs. Too many teams in need will beat us, Seattle, Indy, Miami, KC, Washington, and Jags.

Nomad
12-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a QB in the later rounds, but in the first round we need some defense. DB maybe?

We could daydream that Kellen Moore will be the next Drew Brees.

camdisco24
12-05-2011, 05:57 PM
If Tebow continues to win like he is now, we absolutely cannot waste that high of a pick on a QB. I agree we need to draft a backup, but I doubt we will be looking that early.

G_Money
12-05-2011, 06:04 PM
We're not drafting any of those guys, War, not if Tebow remains the starter. The idea that Tebow will wear down and so we need a highly-paid, first-round QB to back him up in the same style of offense that will then beat down that QB doesn't make sense.

That would be like saying that we should draft Richardson, but his style of running means he's gonan get hurt, so we need another 1st round RB to back him up. The Vikings have Peterson, and his style gets him injured, but they don't have a 1st rounder behind him. They have Gehrhart, a late 2nd rounder. Much more affordable player to park on your bench.

You don't get a lot of first round picks, and you want them all deployable. Sitting a first rounder on the bench for his career waiting for the starter to get injured so that you can play him is not a strategic use of resources. At least, not a strategy that I'd like to see us employ.

Tebow needs a good backup who can run this offense. So get him one.

Chandler Harnish for backup. Draft him in the 5th or something - use the B-Lloyd pick.

But if we draft RGIII then it's because we're trading Tebow and at this point I don't see us doing that. We could - it's not outside the realm of possibility.

But Tim and RGIII aren't competing for the same job, not in the town where Tebow has somehow willed a 1-4 team that is VERY thin to a division lead. You want to bust up a locker room and a fan base into unrecoverable fragments, that's a good way to start.

~G

cuzz4169
12-05-2011, 06:06 PM
you guys kill me in trying to find any way possible to waste a 1st round pick on a QB. How many big hits did Tebow take last game? You think he's always just going to be a running QB? Big Ben takes more Big hits than anyone and he does just fine.

I watched on NFL network the other day top 10 draft steals...Tom Brady was #1. Do you think he was the same Tom Brady he is now in college? You think his college coach and every scout just missed on him? No..Because He wasn't that special. What was said about him coming out of college was he has "IT". He's a leader, he's a winner, he has a crazy work ethic. Man...sounds like I've heard that before. So why can't Tebow with a full off season get himself better. Shit the kid is getting better every game right in front of our eyes. In this draft It would be a huge mistake to draft a QB in the first round. For Tebows mental and for the team that just busted their ass for him. Start Tebow in 2012 without him having to look over his shoulder. If he blows (I 100% doubt it) then draft a qb in 2013. How much better will the defense be with another drafted first round defensive player.

G_Money
12-05-2011, 06:08 PM

Where we'll be drafting now I'm looking CB, RB, MLB...and wishing for an OT to drop.

~G

cuzz4169
12-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Why do we even have to draft a backup with Tebow's style? Im sure someone will be available as a FA. Tebow will not always be this running QB.

Northman
12-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Especially since this scheme is only supposed to be temporary. From what i understand they will still try to get Tebow to work in a more conventional offense, just give him an offseason to get accustomed to it.

karnage
12-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I agree with the no QB crowd, sure you grab a backup and develop him.....but you never build your roster with the plan your QB is going to get knocked out....I am in the DL,CB,RB crowd....and I think the RB is a big need....getting someone that can split time with Willis and be productive means Tebow can cut down on his runs even more, and keep killing in the Play-action game....The biggest hits Tebow has taken running were the Jets handoff and SD on the sideline....other than that he's not getting killed...

Nomad
12-05-2011, 06:17 PM
BRONCOS should wait for the next Montana:listen::lol:

TXBRONC
12-05-2011, 06:19 PM

At this point it looks like RGIII will go a lot higher in the draft than where we'll be picking so it could be a moot point by draft day. Nevertheless if he's the best player on the board when they pick I don't know if they would pass him up. Elway and Fox have been adamant that their approach will be to take the best player available instead of drafting for need.

karnage
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Especially since this scheme is only supposed to be temporary. From what i understand they will still try to get Tebow to work in a more conventional offense, just give him an offseason to get accustomed to it.

I think they will continue to move toward more pro-style sets....but make no mistake these option plays and sets disrupt Defenses and force their hands in a bad way....I think the goal will be to run somewhere between 15-20 of them a game to keep the D off balance....it's too productive overall to wipe out of the playbook...especially when you have the personnel to execute it like Denver does

NorCalBronco7
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Tim Tebow is winning football games, and may indeed....considering this past game....continue to grow into a consistent enough passer that we should keep him under center next year and going into the future.

But considering that Tebows style is brutal, we will need another QB behind him that plays the same style of offense. RGIII would not only fill the need, but may actually unseat Tim.

We simply cannot go forward knowing this without addressing it. Tebow, especially as the big hits continue, will begin to break down, and this will affect his play without a doubt.

He will become slower......really soon. Tim already barely has enough speed to get it done, but when he loses a step....and he will.....he will no longer be the same run threat.

Goaline is paydirt, and he is still the best redzone threat in the league, so he will still have value, but this is a problem we simply are going to have to address.

Landry, Wilson, RGIII are the top guys imo to check out, with RGIII at the top of the list.

The Broncos run a prostyle offense most of the time and the option is only an extention of our bad ass running game. Yesterday was a perfect example that the Broncos dont run an option offense. Its simply a wrinkle. The Broncos dont NEED to get a option style Qb at #2.

chazoe60
12-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Draft a mid to late round guy to be Tim's backup and develop Weber for another season. RG3 will be long gone when we draft and even if he wasn't it would be a waste. Build a team around our young (hopefully) franchise QB.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Thread title: YES

In round 1: NO

W/ Orton gone and Quinn a FA, we obviously need another body on the roster. No earlier than round 5 though. I don't hate Weber. He at least has played w/ Decker. W/ the first 4 picks, we get an OL, 2 defenders and another RB. These all make much more of an immediate impact that would a "stud" who EFX couldn't start unless/until TT began to fail miserably. Otherwise....the fans would lynch em.

TXBRONC
12-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Draft a mid to late round guy to be Tim's backup and develop Weber for another season. RG3 will be long gone when we draft and even if he wasn't it would be a waste. Build a team around our young (hopefully) franchise QB.

Again according not only to what Elway and Fox have said but also what they've done they will take the best player available.

Thestrategist1
12-05-2011, 06:42 PM
This will not happen, have you seen our record lately? RGIII is no longer a top 20 prospect, he is now a top 3 prospect and in some circles rumors are forming that he may be the #1ovr pick. with that said he would have all the same issues as Tim, his throwing motion is awful and his accuracy is atrocious and he would get killed trying to play like Tebow, just like Vick and VY they just cant take the beating.

I sense alot of fear in your rambling, you did realize Tebow is only 24yrs old, right?

OrangeHoof
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM

I agree. They should look for a QB who *could* run the same offense if needed but also could throw 30 passes a game if needed in catch-up situations. I'm trying to come up with an example and the best I can come up with is that Dixon fellow who starred at Oregon.

RGIII would be a great fit but we don't want a QB controversy and he's now going to create one if we took him.

I Eat Staples
12-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Tebow has played well enough and is showing enough improvement to earn him a full year as the starter next year. Our first pick should be a corner or a middle linebacker.

TXBRONC
12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
This will not happen, have you seen our record lately? RGIII is no longer a top 20 prospect, he is now a top 3 prospect and in some circles rumors are forming that he may be the #1ovr pick. with that said he would have all the same issues as Tim, his throwing motion is awful and his accuracy is atrocious and he would get killed trying to play like Tebow, just like Vick and VY they just cant take the beating.

I sense alot of fear in your rambling, you did realize Tebow is only 24yrs old, right?

I can't say I've seen every game RGIII has played nevertheless from what I've seen of his throwing motion isn't anywhere near as goof assed as Tebow's is.

catfish
12-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't think Denver will have a high enough pick to get a legitimate starting QB....better off drafting a quality backup in round 3. If next year goes poorly you can try for one of the top 3 qb's in the next draft.

Having said that if Trent Richardson is available when Denver's pick comes up I hope they give him a good long look. He is a freak

wayninja
12-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't think Denver will have a high enough pick to get a legitimate starting QB....better off drafting a quality backup in round 3. If next year goes poorly you can try for one of the top 3 qb's in the next draft.

Having said that if Trent Richardson is available when Denver's pick comes up I hope they give him a good long look. He is a freak

Nice sig gif, catfish. That's a new one for me. That tight end is just crushing that safety. :D

catfish
12-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Nice sig gif, catfish. That's a new one for me. That tight end is just crushing that safety. :D

Had to show my Gator a bit...I will take it down tomorrow:)

BroncoBJ
12-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Do RB's lose a step after only 2 years in the NFL? :confused:

wayninja
12-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Had to show my Gator a bit...I will take it down tomorrow:)

Why? Nothing wrong with it. Tebow is a Bronco but that doesn't mean you can't show awesomeness from college days. Very little harm in what is in a signature, only what is the body of the post.

nevcraw
12-05-2011, 11:19 PM
ILB, RB, DT, CB -- with dawkins and Bailey on their way out it's time for them to draft a young D leader to go along with Von. this would be a good year to trade down a bit and draft for depth as well.
If Moore is not the guy at safety we will still need another..
Love that Chris Harris Kid. made us all forget about the rapist.

Joel
12-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Again according not only to what Elway and Fox have said but also what they've done they will take the best player available.
I hope that's just BS for the media, because the BPA at our pick is unlikely to be a star and, while we seem to be a lot better than nearly anyone thought, we still have many large needs to fill.

I like the idea of getting a QB who can make plays with his feet AND arm, but don't like the idea of drafting him at this point; we don't need two option-to-passer projects. Also, having another option rookie question mark does not really bring much to the table if Tebow is out for an extended period in the next year or two. Right now it looks like we got lucky with Tebow and he actually is as good as advertised; the chances of doing that twice in a row are slim.

I still like McNabb, or a similar FA if everyone's CERTAIN he's the reason teams that are 6-16 without him suck so hard. If Tebow's out for an extended period we need a guy who pick up the slack and keep leading the team, which in part means executing the whole playbook well, but also means not being in the situation of Yates or Ponder--their native ability doesn't really matter much now because they are in WAY over their heads. Once Tebow has a couple years in the League and starts settling in as a vet so the coaches have the time to devote to another project, sure, go ahead and draft that primary hybrid backup, and let the creaky old FA vet you brought in to relieve and help mentor Tebow head off to collect his NFL pension. Right now, it would be a waste of a draft pick we need to spend on CB, G or WR.

ikillz0mbies
12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
In this upcoming draft, there's no way the Broncos draft a QB in the first round. MAYBE in the mid rounds. But the biggest priority on this team is at RB, CB, MLB, DT. This is going to be the chance to shore up positions that are not QB and the Broncos need it. I say that Tebow gets 2012 as another chance, and possibly last chance to prove to be the QB of the future of this team. If he flops next season, then the Broncos make a move to draft a franchise QB. But for now, shore up the defense and offense and other areas where they are aging/lacking. I'm really hoping for Dre Kirkpatrick in the 1st round. He is a beast.

Thestrategist1
12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
I can't say I've seen every game RGIII has played nevertheless from what I've seen of his throwing motion isn't anywhere near as goof assed as Tebow's is.

Should watch again, right now hes considered a top 10 guy. get him to the combine where the scouts and coaches pick him apart, then he will drop a little im sure but because of his running ability he will still be taken high as a project player. Tebow looked great in college but people started in on his throwing motion, footwork etc and set him back a bit but he is showing hes starting to clean it up.

Dapper Dan
12-05-2011, 11:40 PM
We don't have the luxury of taking a second string QB in the first round. We have holes that need fixed. I hope we don't take a QB anywhere in the draft. We SHOULD NOT!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2011, 11:46 PM
We don't have the luxury of taking a second string QB in the first round. We have holes that need fixed. I hope we don't take a QB anywhere in the draft. We SHOULD NOT!

If we don't draft a QB, unless Brady stays, that leaves us with TT and Weber - are you comfortable with that?

BroncoStud
12-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Taking a QB on day 1 would be so stupid... Just wait and get Russell Wilson or a guy like that to back up Tebow on day 2. Keep adding speed and youth to the defense and let the offense grow on it's own.

The ONLY thing Denver needs on offense is depth, a few speed RBs. They don't have to be high picks, just some guys with homerun speed on offense.

BCJ
12-05-2011, 11:53 PM
If we don't draft a QB, unless Brady stays, that leaves us with TT and Weber - are you comfortable with that?

Carol, there is this really cool thing now that they just started in the NFL. Get this. You can actually get a player once he has fullfilled his contract obligations with another NFL team. Normally it takes the most money but you don't even have to draft the veteran! Isn't that a totally crazy concept? Pretty awesome and I have this feeling that our new Front Office might try this thing out. I think it is called Free Agency. I would totally tell you more about it but my hot chocolate just got cold and I have this really cool thing that will warm it back up in only one minute and I want to play with this thingamajiggee. CRAZY!

As for Warhorse thread:

Griffin is probably the QB that Elway would love to have but as of right now, I would either get a QB in the middle rounds or better, get a vet for the backup roll. Unless Tebow starts to throw at least 20-25 times a game, most top WRs wouldnt want to come to Denver. That is the worst part of trading Lloyd. We have lost our top 2 receivers from last year. I am still waiting until the end of the year to decide if we go with Tebow or bust or think we need to get a QB also. The toughest part for the coaches if they draft a regular pocket QB is that there will need to be two playbooks for the QBs. Our OLine has done a great job of adjusting at least.
As for this thread, if you were trying to piss off the carpetbagger fans from Florida, you did an excellent job.

ikillz0mbies
12-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Taking a QB on day 1 would be so stupid... Just wait and get Russell Wilson or a guy like that to back up Tebow on day 2. Keep adding speed and youth to the defense and let the offense grow on it's own.

The ONLY thing Denver needs on offense is depth, a few speed RBs. They don't have to be high picks, just some guys with homerun speed on offense.

Totally agree. At least give Tebow one more season with a full offseason and OTA's. I agree with the RB's because McGahee is another year older and is more of a power runner, and Moreno is more than likely gone since he's always injured. I'd love to get a good change-of-pace RB to complement McGahee. Broncos should NO WAY draft a QB on day 1 when they need to add more depth and youth.

Dapper Dan
12-05-2011, 11:58 PM

I think Quinn stays. If he doesn't, there will be free agents. There will be Undrafted free agents. Heck, get Roark, the WR from Kentucky. He won in a Tebow style offense. I'd much rather use picks on a RB, DT, CB, and water boy.

BroncoBlitz
12-06-2011, 12:05 AM
New member here. Exciting season. I hope the Broncos can keep up their winning ways.

broncobryce
12-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Denver will not draft a qb in the first 2 or 3 rounds.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

NameUsedBefore
12-06-2011, 12:34 AM
RGIII is arguably the best QB in the draft (sorry, I don't buy the indomitable Luck crap). There is no way Denver gets him and there is no reason to.

I hate this thread. It is dumb and its creator should feel at least somewhat bad about it.

vhatever
12-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Why do we even have to draft a backup with Tebow's style? Im sure someone will be available as a FA. Tebow will not always be this running QB.

Who is that chick in your AV? She has the most awesome hips I've ever seen.

camdisco24
12-06-2011, 12:45 AM
new member here. Exciting season. I hope the broncos can keep up their winning ways.

welcome!

vhatever
12-06-2011, 12:48 AM
You guys talk like tebow is like 30 or something. Wouldn't worry about his "brutal" game until a few more years of wear and tear. No one drafts backup QBs in the first round unless a particular QB was highly underrated and someone knew better than the scout tards.

Elevation inc
12-06-2011, 12:56 AM
we dont need a Qb in rd 1.....we need a CB, RB or maybe a Guard since kuper and beadles havent been very good this year....personally i think we should trade back to the end of rd 1 and get some extra draft picks in rd 2 and 3 or our OL and DL.

vhatever
12-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Kuper hasn't been good??

Shazam!
12-06-2011, 01:07 AM
This team has a lot of needs across the roster... and the longer TT keeps this up, QB is not one of them.

ikillz0mbies
12-06-2011, 02:20 AM
we dont need a Qb in rd 1.....we need a CB, RB or maybe a Guard since kuper and beadles havent been very good this year....personally i think we should trade back to the end of rd 1 and get some extra draft picks in rd 2 and 3 or our OL and DL.

I think Kuper has been very good. If there is a weak link to the o-line, it's Beadles. But he hasn't been that bad IMO. I don't think the Broncos draft a guard in the first 2 rounds. At most, they'll draft one in round 3, but I think that won't happen.

Trading back isn't a bad idea, but I think the Broncos are in a position to draft a pretty good defensive player i.e. Kirkpatrick (I know, I said his name before but he's the guy I want!)

Davii
12-06-2011, 03:12 AM
Jordan jefferson? Should be a later round pick. We do need a qb, but a backup...

bcbronc
12-06-2011, 03:30 AM
If EFX is optimistic re: Webber, probably no reason to draft a QB this year. Doesn't really make sense to go Tebow, Webber, Rookie...makes more sense to bring in a veteran. I don't think you have to be overly concerned with having a backup that can run the read option, they'll use other parts of the playbook if Tebow can't go.

If they feel Webber needs another year on the PS, then draft one but not in the first round and only if he's BPA. Imo Tebow has shown enough that there's no need to reach or trade up to get a QB...but if a QB is BPA nothing wrong with taking a safety net.

WARHORSE
12-06-2011, 04:57 AM
I havent seen RG lately but if he goes up, he will obviously be out of our range.

But there are alot of QBs coming out this year and some will be pushed down.

I think Tim looked better than ever in this latest outing, but I dont at all think hes arrived yet.

The defense and McGahee are a big part of our season too. Demaryius should be getting better and better too, and I think it helps him that this is his college style of offense.

As much as Im rooting for Tim to succeed, and as much as I like him as a person, Im still not sold that hes the future of our franchise....yet.

I would hate to be Elway and Fox to tell you the truth, because this is a nuts situation.

I hope we draft defense first round, and we also need a real RB, but I think we go QB in one of the first two rounds depending on who goes where.

Andrew Luck has already announced hes coming out.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-06-2011, 06:41 AM
At this point, I just don't see the need to draft a QB. There will be some FAs out there we can bring in to be the #2 or #3. I'm cool with rolling with Tebow, Weber, and a vet FA next year. I'd love to get a guy who can (and will) help Tebow develop while being a decent backup who can keep the team competitive if called on. There will be several of those guys out there, it's just a matter of finding one.

Use the draft to make this team a beast on defense. A few CBs, DTs, a mid-round RB, and maybe a speedy WR is what I'd be looking at. I see lots of guys saying we need a MLB, but I'm fine rolling with Mays and Irving. We also have Haggan as a swing LB who can play inside or outside in a pinch.

I'm starting to worry about Rahim Moore. He was a healthy scratch this past week. WTF? 2nd round pick handed the starting job out of camp who was replaced by another rookie Safety and now doesn't even suit up? He can't even contribute on STs? I really hope he can turn it around. I hope he keeps working and doesn't lose confidence. I was really hoping that he and Carter would be our duo for the future when Dawk retires.

CoachChaz
12-06-2011, 09:22 AM
I think Kuper has been very good. If there is a weak link to the o-line, it's Beadles. But he hasn't been that bad IMO. I don't think the Broncos draft a guard in the first 2 rounds. At most, they'll draft one in round 3, but I think that won't happen.

Trading back isn't a bad idea, but I think the Broncos are in a position to draft a pretty good defensive player i.e. Kirkpatrick (I know, I said his name before but he's the guy I want!)

You and me, both

Jsteve01
12-06-2011, 09:54 AM
there are plenty of guys I'd be happy with wherever we're picking. Im still liking guys like Tannehill (Chaz you won me over) or Wilson in the 2nd over a lot of these other options.

FlyByU
12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
If Tebow continues to win like he is now, we absolutely cannot waste that high of a pick on a QB. I agree we need to draft a backup, but I doubt we will be looking that early.

We don't need to waste a draft pick on a QB get a cheap backup off of FA. We have Weber and I am sure Weber can run a TT style O very well.

1st 2nd & 3rd need to be DT, OL or LB, CB if there are any worth getting that can have an immediate impact. a Von Miller type draft.

lgenf
12-06-2011, 10:27 AM
We r keeping Quinn

We r all in on this team right now and if Tebow went down tomorrow Quinn would be next man up

We r just going to pay him back up money, cause he's not going anywhere in the FA circles

CoachChaz
12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
All depends on how the season ends. If TT continues to improve, then I'm fine with not drafting a QB...but if he levels off or regresses...we have to get another youngster not named Weber into camp. Doesnt have to be a first rounder, but has to be someone with potential

Dzone
12-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Hopefully, Quinn can accept a Gary Kubiak type position as a lifetime backup to a HOF QB.
Quinn will probably stay since he and Tebow do bible study together:coffee:

Chef Zambini
12-06-2011, 10:58 AM

Landry, Wilson, RGIII are the top guys imo to check out, with RGIII at the top of the list.RG 3 makes sense with or without tebow !
and if trading TT to the jags gives us the pick we need to select RG3 then that is EXACTLY what JE will do!

Dapper Dan
12-06-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't think Elway is stupid enough to throw away a QB that already has almost 2 seasons of experience for a Rookie who has proven nothing. Why risk the franchise like that?

TXBRONC
12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
We r keeping Quinn

We r all in on this team right now and if Tebow went down tomorrow Quinn would be next man up

We r just going to pay him back up money, cause he's not going anywhere in the FA circles

How are we going keep him since he's unrestricted free agent and he wants a chance to starter.

Also he's not suited to playing in the kind of offense they're running right now. He's a convential drop back passer.

BroncoStud
12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Hopefully, Quinn can accept a Gary Kubiak type position as a lifetime backup to a HOF QB.
Quinn will probably stay since he and Tebow do bible study together:coffee:

And to think Dzone, you were ready to trade Tebow for a bag of peanuts when the Preseason media reports came out he should be 4th string...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BroncoStud
12-06-2011, 01:08 PM
RG 3 makes sense with or without tebow !
and if trading TT to the jags gives us the pick we need to select RG3 then that is EXACTLY what JE will do!

RG III could easily be a bust. I would prefer a guy who has proven he can at least can win at the NFL level to an unknown, who will require a very high draft pick, who MIGHT or MIGHT NOT even produce anything positive.

We would be damn fools to draft a QB or even an offensive player high in this draft. Keep building the defense, let Tebow keep improving, bring in some speed at the RB and WR position, and do this thing right.

RebelRocker
12-06-2011, 01:32 PM
If EFX is optimistic re: Webber, probably no reason to draft a QB this year. Doesn't really make sense to go Tebow, Webber, Rookie...makes more sense to bring in a veteran. I don't think you have to be overly concerned with having a backup that can run the read option, they'll use other parts of the playbook if Tebow can't go.

If they feel Webber needs another year on the PS, then draft one but not in the first round and only if he's BPA. Imo Tebow has shown enough that there's no need to reach or trade up to get a QB...but if a QB is BPA nothing wrong with taking a safety net.

Weber is the wild card in this equation. He is the only QB on the roster that EFX signed. From their actions up to this point, it appears that he will play a role of some sort on this roster in the future.

-4 year starter in college
-Some of his college coaches were former Broncos employees
-Played in a pro style offense
-Has a chemistry with Decker
-Said in an interview that he and QB coach Adam Gase "Really hit it off"
(I mention that because if you all remember, we almost lost Gase to SF or Dal when Fox was putting his staff together. If they went through the trouble to keep him, then certainly they hold his opinion in high regard).
-They didn't play him in the preseason except for one series. Why would they prevent him from playing if he was only a "camp arm"?

It appears that they want to keep him around to develop into a long term back up or if all things go well, the QBOTF.

So if we don't draft a QB next year, that says two things regarding our current QBs.

-They're fully on board with Tebow getting one more year as the starter.
-They like Weber more than a lot of the other prospects coming out and would rather keep developing him.

SM19
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
If we're sticking with this offense, drafting a quarterback in the first round is the last thing we ought to do. Here we are with a scheme that possibly removes the need for the most expensive commodity in football -- an elite pocket passer -- and replaces him with a type of player that's chronically undervalued in the draft, the spread option quarterback. If this scheme works, we should never pay a premium for a quarterback again, at least until the rest of the league catches on and starts drafting the guys we want.

ikillz0mbies
12-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Personally, I think they keep Weber around and try to re-sign Quinn. If they don't resign Quinn, then they bring in a FA vet QB rather than draft one. They seem comfortable with Weber even though they haven't brought him up from the PS.

vandammage13
12-06-2011, 01:40 PM

But considering that Tebows style is brutal, we will need another QB behind him that plays the same style of offense. RGIII would not only fill the need, but may actually unseat Tim....

I don't think RG3 has the size to run this type of offense and take the beating like Tebow does.

I do think that RG3 might have the skills to make it as a conventional guy though, but I don't think he would hold up physically running the same type of offense we are running with TT.

nevcraw
12-06-2011, 06:46 PM
no need to draft another qb to become a project. Weber is either the third string again or fight for back-up but I agree with others either they resign quinn or sign another vet. no need for a qb to compete with tebow when there are so many other needs and he is progressing weekly. Elway will be screwing with his own legacy if he doesn't let the tebow thing play out for more than 1.2 years.

NightTerror218
12-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I am thinking that Luck is going to be up for the taking next year as long as the team trading up for him will leave Indy in position to take a 1st round QB like barkley or Jones. Was ready about how Luck/Manning wont work. Luck is too ready to sit on bench for a season or 3 in the NFL. Jones/Barkley or several others could be the Farve/Rodgers relationship with manning. He is 35 and will prob play to close to 40 as long as he is healed at end of season.

lgenf
12-06-2011, 07:27 PM

That's it zam just try to keep stirring the pot over here with your "insider" elway info

Since you have a direct line to john maybe you can tell us more inside info

Oh great wise OZ, I mean ZAM please decree from on high

Dzone
12-06-2011, 07:28 PM
And to think Dzone, you were ready to trade Tebow for a bag of peanuts when the Preseason media reports came out he should be 4th string...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Hahaha, I dont really remember, you must be thinking of someone else..LOL but I know I had days when I thought Tebow just might be terrible. I know Im not the only one. lol...After the Detroit Game, I was saying get rid of Fox and Tebow...Thats how us fans are..we are ******* crazy...Ive always been a Tebow fan and it is the greatest thing on earth to see what he is doing. This season is so different than what was expected. A whole different atmosphere.
The best play so far is him stiff arming a dude and zinging a TD to DT. Then the run by DT was amazing.(Im eating crow for saying DT was a bust and made of glass..lol) How many QBs knock people down and throw a touchdown on the same play?
Man, we could list so many of our favorite Tebow plays. There are so many of them. The highlight DVD of this season is going to be amazing.

Ravage!!!
12-06-2011, 07:30 PM
RGIII is NOT the kind of QB that Elway would want to draft.

FlyByU
12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
I doubt Elway would get rid of a QB that has won 6 times out of 9 starts... and has not even had a chance to play a full season to boot.

weazel
12-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I think if you are going to build your offense to such a diverse style you HAVE to have a backup that can play the same. If they dont address it, they aren't doing their jobs.

Dzone
12-06-2011, 07:36 PM
In response to the OP, hell no we shouldnt draft a qb in the first round. We dont need one

weazel
12-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I say you take the best player available at your draft spot. If its a QB thats a bonus.

NightTerror218
12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I say you take the best player available at your draft spot. If its a QB thats a bonus.

I think if it is round 1 or 2 you trade back to get immediate impact player, get a QB in later rounds. Not to mention any QB can run the offense Broncos ran on Sunday. The only thing is that TT is such a threat on ground that is changes how teams play us. There are many dual threat QBs in college these days, a later round one should be easy.

WARHORSE
12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I don't think RG3 has the size to run this type of offense and take the beating like Tebow does.

I do think that RG3 might have the skills to make it as a conventional guy though, but I don't think he would hold up physically running the same type of offense we are running with TT.

Well, think about it.

Cam Newton is going to change things, end of story.

Tim Tebow is a slower Cam with less accuracy at this point who is dominant between the tackles and quite unique in his own right.

Born leader, hardest of workers, no problems off the field.

RG may not be able to run between the tackles as well as Tebow, but can we be the first team to use two QBs that can actually run AND pass?

If Tebow and McGaHee are racking up 200 plus yards on the ground every week, what happens when you add an RG to the mix?

I think you begin a new era of football.

I think the future of football is going to be offensive players that can do it all. WRs that can pass.....RBs that can pass.....QBs that can run.

Its not looking good for NFL defenses.

Think outside the box. I think this is a prime opportunity to make a very unique offense in that we can hit you a plethora of attacks, even gearing the offense according to which QB is taking the snap, etc.

We may not get an RG, but Wilson is every bit of the non conforming QB in that hes shorter.

Id take a defensive player in round 1 with Wilson in round 2 and another RB in round 3.

This way we still have a backup that can come in and play alone if need be at the QB position.
Bring it on.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Draft a FB and keep him at qb#2 on the depth chart.

Dapper Dan
12-06-2011, 08:51 PM
But the simple answer is... http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3301/angrynol.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/angrynol.png/)

Joel
12-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Not with our draft position and record. The "best" 20 (or more) players will probably be gone, and the best remaining one could be a LB or QB, neither of which we need. Meanwhile, we still have glaring needs we must address to be a SB caliber team (DB, G, WR,) there will still be immediate starters at at least one or two of those positions, and the team is good enough we don't need a Pro Bowler as long as he's solid enough to eliminate one more hole.

It's not "always draft for need" OR "always draft BAP," guys. Sometimes you do one, and sometimes the other, depending on the overall condition of your team, which dictates both the type and extent of your needs as well as the position (and thus available talent) with which you can fill it. You can still get what you need employing the wrong strategy at the wrong time, but it will cost more and/or take longer.

Dzone
12-06-2011, 11:06 PM
We need to have a fresh stable of running backs with a threat to break one. I dont know who will be left when we draft. I imagine richardson and the dude at wisconsin will be gone. The dude from Oregon will also be gone

nevcraw
12-06-2011, 11:12 PM
we need a Percy Harvin type guy.. as much as I like him -- I'm not sure eddie royal is ever going to be that guy and willis is a good b/u slot guy but imagine a shifty break on the ball guy to move with Tebow along with Decker and DT.. tough to stop. I would use a second rounder on that over a b/u QB any day..

TimHippo
12-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, think about it.

Cam Newton is going to change things, end of story.

Tim Tebow is a slower Cam with less accuracy at this point who is dominant between the tackles and quite unique in his own right.

Born leader, hardest of workers, no problems off the field.

RG may not be able to run between the tackles as well as Tebow, but can we be the first team to use two QBs that can actually run AND pass?

If Tebow and McGaHee are racking up 200 plus yards on the ground every week, what happens when you add an RG to the mix?

RGIII will be a high pick. I don't see him sliding to a playoff team.

See this is a weird Meme that continues to happen where people for some inexplicable reason think that Cam is that much faster and more athletic than Tim Tebow. It's this weird myth that keeps popping up. That dork Tom Waddle even went as far as grouping Vick and Newton and separating out Tebow as a level below. (which is comical because Vick is on another level but Newton isn't).

Combine numbers show that Tebow is actually faster for 10 yards, though they have virtually identical speed at 10 and 20 yards. Over 40 yards Newton is faster, but alot of that is just being taller and having longer legs over a greater distance. And 4.56 isn't that fast anyway.

20 yard shuttle is also identical.

With the 3 cone drill, Tebow blows away Newton. 3 cone drill speed is basically the spin move speed which Tebow uses an awful lot. Newton is a slower version of Tebow when it comes to that elusive speed. It's also that speed that actually replicates real game situations as 40 speed is basically just running in a straight line.

Tim Tebow:
40 yard: 4.71
20 yard: 2.66
10 yard: 1.55
Vertical 38.5
Broad Jump 9.07
20 yard shuttle: 4.17
3 cone drill: 6.66

Cam Newton:
40 yard: 4.56
20 yard: 2.60
10 yard: 1.58
Vertical 35
Broad Jump 10.06
20 yard shttle: 4.18
3 cone drill: 6.92

Flex040679
12-07-2011, 02:06 AM
They have Weber... Don't need another

We need a rb an dt

Dapper Dan
12-07-2011, 03:18 AM
If Tebow breaks his leg, I only take him out of the game for the safety of the opposing defense. Pain makes Tebow angry. And you won't like him when he's angry.

Canmore
12-07-2011, 03:36 AM
you guys kill me in trying to find any way possible to waste a 1st round pick on a QB. How many big hits did Tebow take last game? You think he's always just going to be a running QB? Big Ben takes more Big hits than anyone and he does just fine.

I watched on NFL network the other day top 10 draft steals...Tom Brady was #1. Do you think he was the same Tom Brady he is now in college? You think his college coach and every scout just missed on him? No..Because He wasn't that special. What was said about him coming out of college was he has "IT". He's a leader, he's a winner, he has a crazy work ethic. Man...sounds like I've heard that before. So why can't Tebow with a full off season get himself better. Shit the kid is getting better every game right in front of our eyes. In this draft It would be a huge mistake to draft a QB in the first round. For Tebows mental and for the team that just busted their ass for him. Start Tebow in 2012 without him having to look over his shoulder. If he blows (I 100% doubt it) then draft a qb in 2013. How much better will the defense be with another drafted first round defensive player.

I could have written this. Kudos! We have glaring needs across the board. We need to take the best player available in the first round that isn't a quarterback.

John Bad Elk
12-07-2011, 05:50 AM

Ain't gonna happen.........

Canmore
12-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Ain't gonna happen.........

We are going to draft a quarterback but not in the first round. We will take the best player available in round one who is not a quarterback. Round two I expect more of the same. We will see rounds 3 through 7. There will be a quarterback in there.

FlyByU
12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Brandon Weeden or Kellen Moore if we draft a QB. RG3 wont work in Denver I feel he might be a bust but you can say the same about any QB in college because you never know.

Jsteve01
12-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Brandon Weeden or Kellen Moore if we draft a QB. RG3 wont work in Denver I feel he might be a bust but you can say the same about any QB in college because you never know.

I don't see Fox or Elway falling in love with Moore. Wilson maybe but they both seem to like big strong guys at the position. I do think Weeden would be a good option.

Goose23
12-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Of course you draft a QB, you do it in the later rounds. You take a Nick Foles or a Kirk Cousins. Having said that, if Ryan Tannehill is still on the board when the Broncos are on the clock for Round 2, I think you go Tannehill. He's athletic, has a plus arm, is a gamer (e.g. moving from QB to WR then back to QB), and has the potential to be an effective NFL signal caller with some seasoning.

Jsteve01
12-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I like Tannehill and Weeden. Tannehill in the second and Weeden in the 3rd or 4th. Seeing the direction we've headed does make me wonder if another Aggie in Stephen McGee would be available this offseason.

Goose23
12-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Stephen McGee has the tools to be a starting QB and is at least 10 times better than Brady Quinn. McGee is languishing on the sidelines, and barring a Romo injury, he will be carrying the clipboard for awhile. NFL execs would be wise to make a trade to get this guy, that includes Elway.

The only drawback to Weeden is the age factor. As a 29-year old rookie, he needs to play, and play soon; not sure that would happen in Denver.

TimHippo
12-07-2011, 01:28 PM

Kellen Moore suffers from Ty Detmer disease at 6 feet. He could be the next Drew Brees but I think the probabilities are against him that he's more Detmer or Weurfeul.