PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' John Elway impressed by Tim Tebow's latest win

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2011, 05:16 PM
A day after Tim Tebow's best passing performance of the season, Broncos boss John Elway said he saw "big strides," from the second-year quarterback in Sunday's 35-32 win at Minnesota.

Tebow threw for 202 yards and two touchdowns, both to Demaryius Thomas​, and completed 67 percent (10-of-15) of his throws.

It was his first time over 200 yards and first time with over 50 percent completions this season.

much more - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19473547

Davii
12-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Carol,

This can't be true. My friends brothers cousins neighbors grandsons best friend had a camera on John Elway for almost an entire second after the FG was made. In that 9/10 of a second Elway did not, I repeat DID NOT fondle Tim. Therefore, the only conclusion one can draw is that not only does Elway want Tim to fail, he is also responsible for the global economic crisis and spends his free time building nuclear weapons in Iran or fomenting riots in Syria.

This must end. Elway MUST be exposed!

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
nhttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19473547
Not impressed enough to commit! still playing dodge ball with the elephant in the room !

wayninja
12-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Carol,

This can't be true. My friends brothers cousins neighbors grandsons best friend had a camera on John Elway for almost an entire second after the FG was made. In that 9/10 of a second Elway did not, I repeat DID NOT fondle Tim. Therefore, the only conclusion one can draw is that not only does Elway want Tim to fail, he is also responsible for the global economic crisis and spends his free time building nuclear weapons in Iran or fomenting riots in Syria.

This must end. Elway MUST be exposed!

Elway must expose himself to be fondled. Otherwise it's clear he doesn't want to exchange DNA with Tebow and therefore doesn't feel he can be a franchise QB.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Carol,

This must end. Elway MUST be exposed!your sarcasm is entertaining, but the truth is JE aint sold on TT.
read the whole article, dodgeball has a new king, its ELWAY !
you joke about the images JE portrays in the face of tebow heroics, but als its true! JE looks sick to his stomach ANYTIME TT does something great!
On the sidelines these 2 aRE AS CONGENIAL AS RIVERS AND CUTLER.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
your sarcasm is entertaining, but the truth is JE aint sold on TT.
you joke about the images JE portrays in the face of tebow heroics, but als its true! JE looks sick to his stomach ANYTIME TT does something great!

I think if you keep posting this in different threads it gets more true somehow.

underrated29
12-05-2011, 05:29 PM
john elway is the antichrist that is why he will not touch tebow. Think vampires and garlic.

CoachChaz
12-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Dont know that I'll take the route that Zam or others may take, but I gotta admit. I dont get the feeling that Tebow is the future of this franchise either.

It's like a rookie hitter or rookie pitcher in baseball. They can start off hot, but eventually the league catches up to them and it balances out. Same with Tebow. I just dont see the NFL getting duped by the option run every week for very long

wayninja
12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Dont know that I'll take the route that Zam or others may take, but I gotta admit. I dont get the feeling that Tebow is the future of this franchise either.

It's like a rookie hitter or rookie pitcher in baseball. They can start off hot, but eventually the league catches up to them and it balances out. Same with Tebow. I just dont see the NFL getting duped by the option run every week for very long

But by this logic around 20 or QB's per year should get ditched.

CoachChaz
12-05-2011, 05:37 PM
But by this logic around 20 or QB's per year should get ditched.

Not really. The difference is the other QB's ability to adapt to the changes the defenses make. I just think we've seen all that Tebow has to offer. Yeah...maybe he improves as a pure passer, but overall, I just dont get the vibe that he'll be a lot better than what he is right now.

Again...just how I feel. I'd love to be wrong.

underrated29
12-05-2011, 05:38 PM

I agree with that, but I also dont think we will be running it that much as we grow forward. Next year I think it will just be a here and there because I think tebow will keep improving his game.

Now if only we could call some $%#@ING pass plays, or even normal plays to prove this. I swear I could call plays that would put us with 28 points per game minimum while still keeping tebow in check to slowly learn.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2011, 05:39 PM
John is doing exactly what he should be doing - he is wanting progression out of TT each week, and he was very complimentary of TT's play yesterday.

IMO, if TT continues to progress each week, he will be the starting QB next year. Will the Broncos draft a QB - of course, they will have to, unless they resign Brady, or bring in a veteran free agent.

After John was off the air, both Vic/Gary agreed with what he said. They added - does anyone know for sure if Decker will be a receiver for the Broncos next year. Using Decker was just an example they used.

Nomad
12-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I want to see Elway and Tebow at a piano bar together playing/singing "Ebony and Ivory".:D

We'll just have to wait and see.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Not really. The difference is the other QB's ability to adapt to the changes the defenses make. I just think we've seen all that Tebow has to offer. Yeah...maybe he improves as a pure passer, but overall, I just dont get the vibe that he'll be a lot better than what he is right now.

Can't bash you for your opinion, but if the best Timmy has offer is division wins, I'm cool with that. He's done everything he's needed to win close games. That makes me more comfortable than any stat you can show me. But to each his own.

BTW, I'm currently knocking on wood for the division win comment.

CoachChaz
12-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Can't bash you for your opinion, but if the best Timmy has offer is division wins, I'm cool with that. He's done everything he's needed to win close games. That makes me more comfortable than any stat you can show me. But to each his own.

BTW, I'm currently knocking on wood for the division win comment.

I'm the first to agree that his record and other numbers speak for themself. I cant explain it...I still go into each play expecting him to screw it up. Dont know why.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm the first to agree that his record and other numbers speak for themself. I cant explain it...I still go into each play expecting him to screw it up. Dont know why.

I think everyone who didn't follow him out of college feels/felt that way. The only difference is where the boundary is. Mine was the Chiefs game I think.

Northman
12-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Wait....you mean the big fat man who said that it wasnt over was wrong about his accusations that Elway wasnt pleased about the win? Color me shocked. lol

CoachChaz
12-05-2011, 05:54 PM
I think everyone who didn't follow him out of college feels/felt that way. The only difference is where the boundary is. Mine was the Chiefs game I think.

I felt the same way about him in college. I just still cant watch him run a play without wondering what disaster is about to happen. Regardless of his success.

Northman
12-05-2011, 05:56 PM

Well, you make some fine points but if Tebow fails it wont be because of Elway and Fox trying to sabatoge him like Zam a few others claim. They are letting Tebow prove he can be the man but if he cant improve in the others they want than they move on. But so far he seems to be picking it up albeit at a slower pace.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Earlier today, I made a thread on this. It explains what was different yesterday, so thought it would fit here also.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19474079

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2011, 06:25 PM
A few minutes ago on the fan, Stink just said that in last week's game, he feels Tim progressed, as well as in yesterday's game, and Stink said he feels that TT is making the organization's decision for them.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I felt the same way about him in college. I just still cant watch him run a play without wondering what disaster is about to happen. Regardless of his success.

:shocked:

I've heard he did well in college...

dogfish
12-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Not impressed enough to commit! still playing dodge ball with the elephant in the room !

you're one of those types that still doesn't believe we landed on the moon, aren't you?

TXBRONC
12-05-2011, 07:42 PM

FWIW for the vast majority of this last game it was a conventional offense. They didn't do much of the spread option.

Thnikkaman
12-05-2011, 07:58 PM

Your opinion reminds me of Warren from Something about Mary.

Dreadnought
12-05-2011, 08:03 PM
I think if you keep posting this in different threads it gets more true somehow.

W've seen that phenomenon before. Different issue, different posters, but eventually we would "get it" if the same thing was repeated often enough

Thnikkaman
12-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Elway said it himself this morning, "The Future is Now". If you want Brady, Rothlesberger, Luck, or Cutler, go be a Patriots, Steelers, Colts, or Bears fan.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
I think if you keep posting this in different threads it gets more true somehow.the truth has merit in any thread, I cant be held responsable for it's familiarity.
they say familiarity breeds contempt?
perhaps that's what's at play here?

Thnikkaman
12-05-2011, 08:08 PM

Zam doesn't get other people's opinions. He doesn't read other people's opinions. He doesn't assimilate ideas that other people have. His mind is like a retarded wolverine that got its jaws on a jug of antifreeze. It doesn't know that the thing in its jaws will kill it, and it doesn't care.

Chef Zambini
you're one of those types that still doesn't believe we landed on the moon, aren't you?I believe there was a second shooter above the grassy knoll.
the zabruter film does ... oh you get my drift.

NightTerror218
the truth has merit in any thread, I cant be held responsable for it's familiarity.

whats the truth? You dont know squat but I do know we are winning and TT is still our starting QB and he has the entire team and coach behind him.

Thnikkaman
12-05-2011, 08:10 PM
the truth has merit in any thread, I cant be held responsable for it's familiarity.

Let me help you here,

truth   [trooth] Show IPA
noun, plural truths  [troothz, trooths] Show IPA.
the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
the state or character of being true.
actuality or actual existence.

Opinion does not equal truth.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 08:11 PM

You know what else breeds contempt? Being annoyingly repetitive.

EastCoastBronco
12-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure what else you could want from a kid who's got 10 NFL starts to his credit.
Half the people on this board are expecting him to suddenly morph into a Joe Montana or Tom Brady.
It's not going to happen.
If he continues to play the way he has been, I'll be more than happy.
Like I said in an earlier post. A lot of people here can't see the forest for the trees.
Enjoy the magic that is happening right in front of you instead of looking forward to what he hasn't done yet.
Wouldn't bother me in the least of this kid is our QB for a while...

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 08:16 PM

"...ability to adapt to the changes the defenses make.'
this brings up an interesting point!
FOX pointed out that because each weeks opinion has little or NO FILM on how they would play a bronco style offense and formation, it is hard for TIM and entire offense to prepare for each weeks defensive strategy.
He says it takes them a half to gather data, process it, and make half time adjustements based on what they learn.
It explains the conservative first half and foreshadows the increased productivity in the second half.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 08:19 PM
You know what else breeds contempt? Being annoyingly repetitive.WOULD YOU CONSIDER IT TO BE A CREEPY, ZEALOUS KIND OF BEHAVIOR?
sorry about the caps.
that part is habitually repetitive!
More people dispise me for my typing than my opinion.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 08:22 PM
whats the truth? You dont know squat but I do know we are winning and TT is still our starting QB and he has the entire team and coach behind him.you failed to include ELWAY and that's the truth.

NightTerror218
12-05-2011, 08:27 PM
you failed to include ELWAY and that's the truth.

So you are saying Elway is behind TT?

Thnikkaman
12-05-2011, 08:33 PM
So you are saying Elway is behind TT?

He has no clue what he's saying.

He reminices of the days when the Broncos had no chance of a .500 season back when he was just a wee boy. He is the definition of fan police.

Sometimes he will tell you about his WW2 war stories.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 08:40 PM
So you are saying Elway is behind TT?is that sarcasm?

rcsodak
12-05-2011, 08:52 PM

Anybody know the % the 'option' was actually ran on sunday?

I saw lots of 2Te/1RB pkg's and straight handoffs.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
12-05-2011, 09:00 PM
"...ability to adapt to the changes the defenses make.'
this brings up an interesting point!
FOX pointed out that because each weeks opinion has little or NO FILM on how they would play a bronco style offense and formation, it is hard for TIM and entire offense to prepare for each weeks defensive strategy.
He says it takes them a half to gather data, process it, and make half time adjustements based on what they learn.
It explains the conservative first half and foreshadows the increased productivity in the second half.

Pretty sure Fox is referring to the option run, and NOT the pass defense. D's dont generally have special pkgs for that like they do the option.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

wayninja
12-05-2011, 09:00 PM
is that sarcasm?

Was that rhetorical?

wayninja
12-05-2011, 09:02 PM
WOULD YOU CONSIDER IT TO BE A CREEPY, ZEALOUS KIND OF BEHAVIOR?
sorry about the caps.
that part is habitually repetitive!
More people dispise me for my typing than my opinion.

The creepy/zealous thing is inside, I don't expect you to get it.

I don't despise you for your opinion, but hijacking every thread with it and presenting it like you are best friends with Elway is really annoying. Can you stop doing both? k, thanks.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 09:10 PM
The creepy/zealous thing is inside, I don't expect you to get it.

I don't despise you for your opinion, but hijacking every thread with it and presenting it like you are best friends with Elway is really annoying. Can you stop doing both? k, thanks.anything for you>
am I permitted to post in my own thread
and respond to posts that mention me specificly,
or is that also improper abnormal behavior around here?
because I am not accustomed to running away from an arguement or somebody so braVE AS TO CALL ME OUT ON THE WEB.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 09:16 PM
anything for you>
am I permitted to post in my own thread
and respond to posts that mention me specificly,
or is that also improper abnormal behavior around here?
because I am not accustomed to running away from an arguement or somebody so braVE AS TO CALL ME OUT ON THE WEB.

No. You are not permitted. Now cancel your account and turn yourself into authorities for mental screening.

nevcraw
12-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Zam just thinks it's cool to be the contrarian.. he mean's u no harm earthlings.

btw - zam when did you stop waiting tables and get behind the line??

catfish
12-05-2011, 09:18 PM
whats the truth? You dont know squat but I do know we are winning and TT is still our starting QB and he has the entire team and coach behind him.

Cornbread is delicious....TRUTH!!

Nomad
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Cornbread is delicious....TRUTH!!

Jalapeno cornbread:nod: or Hushpuppies

Thnikkaman
12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Welcome to Zam's world.

Joel
12-05-2011, 11:44 PM
you're one of those types that still doesn't believe we landed on the moon, aren't you?
He DOES list his location as "the Arizona desert." Probably posting from the "Lunar" Excursion Module. ;)

dogfish
12-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Jalapeno cornbread:nod: or Hushpuppies

i like green chili or jalapeno cornbread with honey drizzled over it. . .

Davii
12-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Welcome to Zam's world.

Thnik, your sig pic makes me lulz

BCJ
12-05-2011, 11:59 PM
your sarcasm is entertaining, but the truth is JE aint sold on TT.

Oh noooooe another conspiracy theorist. Don't tell me. It was Aliens that started it?

vhatever
12-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Was he clapping while chewing on a hornets' nest this time?

Krugan
12-06-2011, 10:54 AM
At this point, I dont care what anyone says about the kid, he is a quality upstanding young man.

Its a breath of fresh air to have someone who you dont have to worry about being in the headlines for beating a wife driving drunk or raping someone.

Im not worried about the offseason, im not worried about gawdy numbers im not even worried about the passing game.

Im just going to enjoy something that hasnt been a really steady thing for the lasty 3 years, a team that has some fire and desire and who is playing for more than the end of the season. A QB who sticks to his beliefs and gives effort to be better, not a hohum attitude.

Shame people have to try and break things down, before they really get built.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Was he clapping while chewing on a hornets' nest this time?

Why don't you just give it a rest:rolleyes:

Chef Zambini
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Zam just thinks it's cool to be the contrarian.. he mean's u no harm earthlings.

btw - zam when did you stop waiting tables and get behind the line??still a server, but always a cook at heart! I cook every day and especially on my days off.