PDA

View Full Version : SERVER MAINTAINANCE NOTICE: Could be brief outages

Tned
01-25-2009, 09:02 AM
This is more of an after the fact explanation.

I changed the IP addresses associated with the server, Broncosforums.com domain, mail server and such.

In the world of leased servers, when you move to a new company and get a new server, you get new IP addresses. When we changed servers back in November, it was a new company, so new IP addresses. Unfortunately, the customer that previously had those IP addresses assigned to them, sent out bulk email/spam.

So, some ISP's have been blocking emails from broncosforums.com, not for anything we have done, but the previous owner of the IP addresses.

I requested a new set of IP addresses from the hosting company, and planned to make the change at 3:30 am, but I either slept through the alarm, or messed up setting it. Anyway, I just made the change 30 minutes ago.

I think the way I made the changes (a bunch of technical DNS stuff), it probably went unnoticed by nearly everyone, but if you experienced a brief (1-10 minutes) period where you couldn't hit the site this morning, it was when the new IP addresses were working their way through the system.

Sorry fro any disruptions.

Den21vsBal19
01-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Appreciate the hard work :salute:

Lonestar
01-25-2009, 05:48 PM
My fro was not disrupted at all..

LordTrychon
01-28-2009, 12:48 AM
I had problems getting on later in the day... I take it that was unrelated then?

Lonestar
01-28-2009, 12:51 AM
I had problems getting on later in the day... I take it that was unrelated then?

Have you tried Minty Fresh Scope .. :laugh:

LordTrychon
01-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Have you tried Minty Fresh Scope .. :laugh:

That could help.

Thanks!

Tned
01-28-2009, 01:03 AM

It was down for about 10 minutes this afternoon, with one final configuration change needed for the IP changes. I don't recall anything Sunday afternoon.