PDA

View Full Version : What's going through Elways mind right now?

DenBronx
12-05-2011, 12:29 AM
First of all I feel I have a little credibility to talk about this as one of Elways biggest fans ever. Period.

I am curious how he really feels. I know each week it's hard for him to give Tebow the nod as the franchise QB but deep down is he excited about TT as the QB of this team? Tebow breaks every mold Elway knows to make a success NFL caliber QB but it's taking the NFL by storm.

So, how many more winning games will it take to finally win Elway over 100% as a believer in the kid and build around him? If TT had a Percy Harvin in the mix with DT and Decker? A Darren Sproles? A true pass catching TE that would give him more options in the redzone? This team could be deadly!

What is Elway thinking right now? Each week he looks more and more excited. If we continue to win in this fashion would Elway build on this?

wayninja
12-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Right now? Probably half-naked models as he floats in peaceful sleep fueled by another Bronco win.

If you are wondering if Elway is going to endorse TT anytime soon no matter what happens, don't count on it. There's nothing to be gained from it and lots to lose.

DenBronx
12-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Right now? Probably half-naked models as he floats in peaceful sleep fueled by another Bronco win.

If you are wondering if Elway is going to endorse TT anytime soon no matter what happens, don't count on it. There's nothing to be gained from it and lots to lose.

What other choice does he have?

Trading up for Matt Barkley?

wayninja
12-05-2011, 12:38 AM
What other choice between what and what?

DenBronx
12-05-2011, 12:44 AM
What other choice between what and what?

If he doesnt endorse him the what other choice is there? To go in a differant direction and draft a QB early in 2012?

Bronco fans would burn the stadium down.

Are his views slowly changing? You can't really measure Tebow like other QBs and I think Elway realizes that. So then why not add more weapons around him in the offseason and go ALL IN???

Northman
12-05-2011, 12:56 AM
I think you wont get a clear answer until the end of the year and rightfully so. Why is there a need to rush to make a decision now? Because the fans want to start their mock drafts? :lol:

I think Elway is doing his job and is going to evaluate it all when the season is over instead of a kneejerk reaction. Plus, it keeps all the other teams guessing as to what we will do come draft time. Personally, each and every week i think we get further and further away from drafting a QB high.

Not only that, but if Elway was like me today than he saw a guy who went out today and played a LOT like he did. The play that Tebow had where he scrambled left on his way out of bounds and then hit Thomas who then ran for a TD reminded me a lot of the 4th down play from Elway vs the Oilers in the playoffs so long ago.

Watching Elway today on the sideline patting guys on the butt and clapping and smiling tells me he is confident in Tebow's growth. But its only been a handful of games so to make a rash decision at this point would be bad management on his part. For now, the team should just be focused on winning ballgames and now what the offseason will hold and i think Elway sees it that way too.

sneakers
12-05-2011, 12:58 AM
What kind of ice cream he wants to eat.

DenBronx
12-05-2011, 01:04 AM
I think you wont get a clear answer until the end of the year and rightfully so. Why is there a need to rush to make a decision now? Because the fans want to start their mock drafts? :lol:

I think Elway is doing his job and is going to evaluate it all when the season is over instead of a kneejerk reaction. Plus, it keeps all the other teams guessing as to what we will do come draft time. Personally, each and every week i think we get further and further away from drafting a QB high.

Not only that, but if Elway was like me today than he saw a guy who went out today and played a LOT like he did. The play that Tebow had where he scrambled left on his way out of bounds and then hit Thomas who then ran for a TD reminded me a lot of the 4th down play from Elway vs the Oilers in the playoffs so long ago.

Watching Elway today on the sideline patting guys on the butt and clapping and smiling tells me he is confident in Tebow's growth. But its only been a handful of games so to make a rash decision at this point would be bad management on his part. For now, the team should just be focused on winning ballgames and now what the offseason will hold and i think Elway sees it that way too.

Going from worst to first doesnt seem like you need to make a knee jerk reaction.

I'm just waiting for Elway to give the butt clap to Timmy.

Northman
12-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Going from worst to first doesnt seem like you need to make a knee jerk reaction.

I'm just waiting for Elway to give the butt clap to Timmy.

If Tim continues to improve im sure he will.

TT15Superman
12-05-2011, 01:06 AM
What other choice does he have?enuf said? Highly disappointing if true.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-week-13-broncos-at-vikings

15. QDoc Dec 4, 2011 7:0 PM
WOO HOO! It was AMAZING being in the Dome today and watching the Broncos fight their way to a win. Hell of a game. The energy was amazing. Back and forth. Lots of Broncos fans there too… we represented well.

A few thoughts…...
10. After the game was won, my dad was focused on Elway with his camera. Apparently the Duke walked right by Tebow and didn’t even acknowledge him. Now, I am not one to believe any conspiracy theories. I think Elway wants to win, is happy to win now, but is also thinking long-term. And I am not particularly pro- or anti-Tebow. But it was interesting… clearly these two don’t exactly have a warm and fuzzy relationship right at the moment. Does it mean anything? Who knows.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 01:09 AM
If he doesnt endorse him the what other choice is there? To go in a differant direction and draft a QB early in 2012?

Bronco fans would burn the stadium down.

Are his views slowly changing? You can't really measure Tebow like other QBs and I think Elway realizes that. So then why not add more weapons around him in the offseason and go ALL IN???

The premise is faulty, he doesn't have to choose now. Even if he has, I don't think it's best to announce it.

DenBronx
12-05-2011, 01:13 AM
The premise is faulty, he doesn't have to choose now. Even if he has, I don't think it's best to announce it.

Don't expect him to.

Just curious what the fans thought of the situation.

Clipworthy
12-05-2011, 01:22 AM
He's the VP... he isn't just attending games. Elway can't become a fanboy, he has to act his role

wayninja
12-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Don't expect him to.

Just curious what the fans thought of the situation.

In that case, my opinion is that Elway is warming up to Tebow. I don't know if that means he will still want to go with him, but with each win, I think John, grudgingly or not, earns a bit more respect for the kid. Winning is infectious and John isn't immune.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2011, 03:12 AM
enuf said? Highly disappointing if true.

"clearly these two don’t exactly have a warm and fuzzy relationship right at the moment" because he apparently walked by him once and it appeared they didn't acknowledge each other?

http://www.thegamerslab.com/community/images/smilies/lordthatsfunny.gif

Davii
12-05-2011, 03:24 AM
enuf said? Highly disappointing if true.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-week-13-broncos-at-vikings

ZOMG!!! Tim didn't acknowledge Mr. Elway when he walked by?!

Blasphemy!!

He better at least stand at attention and yell, "GOOD MORNING MR. ELWAY SIR!!!"

I mean, let's be honest here, Mr. Elway isn't JUST a HOF QB, he's Tim's boss. Tim should be responsible for giving his elder and superior the proper greeting of the day.

In other news, John Fox didn't kiss Goodman after the INT.

Crazy!

This is more fanboi conspiracy bullshit. Stop acting like ten year olds....

PAFLCO
12-05-2011, 04:01 AM

Blasphemy!!

I mean, let's be honest here, Mr. Elway isn't JUST a HOF QB, he's Tim's boss. Tim should be responsible for giving his elder and superior the proper greeting of the day.

Crazy!

This is more fanboi conspiracy bullshit. Stop acting like ten year olds....

You are kidding right! I don't care if he a HOF. He is a ROOKIE in the front office. I have said this before(about a month ago) This man needs serious PR education.

elwayisgod
12-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Tebows legend and trade value keeps skyrocketing!!!!!!!

TXBRONC
12-05-2011, 07:53 AM

Half-naked? Those models better be full monty.

MOtorboat
12-05-2011, 08:12 AM
You are kidding right! I don't care if he a HOF. He is a ROOKIE in the front office. I have said this before(about a month ago) This man needs serious PR education.

I'm sure Davii was saying that tongue in cheek, but he's got a point if you really want to talk about it.

That's two weeks in a row Tebow has ignored Elway.

Tebow needs to have more respect.

lgenf
12-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Elways thinking

First - we're not drafting very high in this draft

Second - I'm not getting a QB from this draft

Third - I better be looking for a great RB early

Last - that 5th rounder for Lloyd is going to be a nice add

pnbronco
12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
He's the VP... he isn't just attending games. Elway can't become a fanboy, he has to act his role

His job is to think long term. As in can we make it to the play offs every year and win a Super Bowl under my watch.

The wins are great, it's been fun to watch but I can enjoy all this as a fan, that's not John's job.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 09:40 AM
john is thinking;
Damn this kid keeps winning how the F am I going to be able to unload him?
john is HOPING,
..if only the cheifs WITH ORTON can come in here to milish high and beat this wonderkid and my broncos, then I can tell all the fans, 'look at the reality...
Timmy is merely an amusement, he is not a long term solution, and I have to find a REAL PASSING QB for the broncos.'
JE has not, and will not "EMBRACE' tim tebow.

Northman
12-05-2011, 09:41 AM
john is thinking;
Damn this kid keeps winning how the F am I going to be able to unload him?
john is HOPING,
..if only the cheifs WITH ORTON can come in here to milish high and beat this wonderkid and my broncos, then I can tell all the fans, 'look at the reality...
Timmy is merely an amusement, he is not a long term solution, and I have to find a REAL PASSING QB for the broncos.'
JE has not, and will not "EMBRACE' tim tebow.

Dont be an idiot.

catfish
12-05-2011, 09:45 AM
my guess is Elway is figuring, ok 1 pretty good passing game against a sub par secondary, 1 half where the offense didn't do much. Better than losing, I see potential, lets see if he can string a few together winning with his arm.

Cant say I blame him

BroncoJoe
12-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Simply listen to 102.3 the ticket. He's on right now.

Oh and Zam, please crawl back into you hole. tia

Nomad
12-05-2011, 10:08 AM

Oh and Zam, please crawl back into you hole. tia

Tell us a little about this Zambini fella!

FlyByU
12-05-2011, 10:10 AM
What other choice does he have?

Trading up for Matt Barkley?

Better not trade up for anything but a good DT I mean someone that will come in and have an impact first game out. A Von Miller of DT's. Then a real good CB, then a WR, a Safety or unleash Moore. Then go after a good RB that is all power for our old school running game. A FB that can run DT and LB's over in the Run Blocking game.

BroncoJoe
12-05-2011, 10:11 AM

I think you all will find out quickly enough on your own... ;)

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 10:19 AM
His job is to think long term. As in can we make it to the play offs every year and win a Super Bowl under my watch.

The wins are great, it's been fun to watch but I can enjoy all this as a fan, that's not John's job.this is exactly whaT I am saying.
I am just willing to read and express the body language I see from JE when the cameras are on him.

catfish
12-05-2011, 10:20 AM
this is exactly whaT I am saying.
I am just willing to read and express the body language I see from JE when the cameras are on him.

without personally knowing someone it is tough to interpret body language, there are people that are more expressive and other who are not. I wouldn't read too much into it

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 10:20 AM
BRONCO JOE?
if I told him he had a wonderful wife he would find a reason to argue with me.

Chef Zambini
12-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Oh and Zam, please crawl back into you hole. tiavcan you post a method for us to hear the dialogue?

BroncoJoe
12-05-2011, 10:25 AM
vcan you post a method for us to hear the dialogue?

Simply go to:

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/

and look at the tab "Ticket Replay"

He's on every Monday at 8:00AM MT, and today's show should be available to listen to around 9:00 - 10:00AM MT today.

slim
12-05-2011, 10:55 AM

He likes riding his bike, cooking, long walks on the beach and attending bullfights.

Nomad
12-05-2011, 10:58 AM
He likes riding his bike, cooking, long walks on the beach and attending bullfights.

Have you experienced any of the above with him?

Would you consider him the King of Controversy?

BORDERLINE
12-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Elway is on for the ride as of right now. We might end up in the playoffs we may end up just out of it. Regardless I think Tebow has earned a shot to start a complete season. If Elway where to draft a QB it should not be in the early rounds.

There is no rush to anoint him as the franchise QB. but unlike his previous comments there is no need to say NO as well.

Let's just play out these last four games and the rest will fall into place

TT15Superman
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM

Blasphemy!!

Crazy!

This is more fanboi conspiracy bullshit. Stop acting like ten year olds....Your QB just lit it up in the 2nd half to help your D win. I think his emotions are a little more jacked than yours, and he might be looking for other players to talk to (not to mention the paparazzi circling). I would think, if you, as his BOSS would grab him and say something nice/inspiring to him and slap him on the ass.

The wins are great, it's been fun to watch but I can enjoy all this as a fan, that's not John's job.Sure, but answer me this...

If the only goal is to win SBs, why are the following players considered "franchise" QBs? They've won nothing...SB nonetheless (echos what Shannon Sharpe said..."winning is not enough"... really? but it's a start)
1. Marino/Boomer
2. Matt Ryan
3. Joe Flacco
4. Sanchez
5. Hasselback (in his day at Seattle)
6. Alex Smith (7 years?)
7. Philip (Rivers)
8. Romo
9. Schaub
10. Freeman
11. Cutler
12. Stafford
13. Bradford
14. Kolb
15. etc.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Why is everyone in the Tebow fanclub so insecure?

catfish
12-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Why is everyone in the Tebow fanclub so insecure?

not all of us....I think people as a whole are reading too much in to this Elway drama. He is doing his job no big deal

Davii
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Your QB just lit it up in the 2nd half to help your D win. I think his emotions are a little more jacked than yours, and he might be looking for other players to talk to (not to mention the paparazzi circling). I would think, if you, as his BOSS would grab him and say something nice/inspiring to him and slap him on the ass.

So you were in Elway's pocket with a stop watch? John has what, 1.7 seconds from the game clock expiring to tell Tim he wants his babies?

Get over it man, stop making something out of nothing.

catfish
12-05-2011, 02:36 PM
So you were in Elway's pocket with a stop watch? John has what, 1.7 seconds from the game clock expiring to tell Tim he wants his babies?

Get over it man, stop making something out of nothing.

Elway shouldn't be smiling or high fiving till the clock says :00. All congrats can come later in the locker room...the person who deserved the pat on the back was Goodman anyway, Tebow kept them in the game and played well...Goodman put the nail in the coffin

TT15Superman
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM

Get over it man, stop making something out of nothing.I'm just posted what someone saw. I wasn't there. You're the one getting defensive over #7. If you think what he did was correct, then fine, but why come and call people names like "insecure" or tell others to "get over it"? BTW, I'll do what I damn please.

Northman
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Davii, i give you permission to lay the Banhammer on this dork.

Davii
12-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm just posted what someone saw. I wasn't there. You're the one getting defensive over #7. If you think what he did was correct, then fine, but why come and call people names like "insecure" or tell others to "get over it"? BTW, I'll do what I damn please.

It's not whether what he did was correct or not, there's nothing to be correct or not.

This is people trying to make drama out of absolutely nothing. John offers words of encouragement, I'm sure even words of advice. This tebow-elway conspiracy is one without merit. Tim is making it here the same way every other NFL player has, on his own merits.

It doesn't matter if Elway talks to the coach first, or doesn't talk to a soul until they're in the locker room, on the plane, etc.

Again... Get over it.

pnbronco
12-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Your QB just lit it up in the 2nd half to help your D win. I think his emotions are a little more jacked than yours, and he might be looking for other players to talk to (not to mention the paparazzi circling). I would think, if you, as his BOSS would grab him and say something nice/inspiring to him and slap him on the ass.

Sure, but answer me this...

If the only goal is to win SBs, why are the following players considered "franchise" QBs? They've won nothing...SB nonetheless (echos what Shannon Sharpe said..."winning is not enough"... really? but it's a start)
1. Marino/Boomer
2. Matt Ryan
3. Joe Flacco
4. Sanchez
5. Hasselback (in his day at Seattle)
6. Alex Smith (7 years?)
7. Philip (Rivers)
8. Romo
9. Schaub
10. Freeman
11. Cutler
12. Stafford
13. Bradford
14. Kolb
15. etc.

I don't know about other teams, but since I've been around a lot of players that have worked for Mr. Bowlen their # 1 goal is to get back to the Super Bowl and win it. As a Bronco fan would your really want a FO that think different than this?

wayninja
12-05-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm just posted what someone saw. I wasn't there. You're the one getting defensive over #7. If you think what he did was correct, then fine, but why come and call people names like "insecure" or tell others to "get over it"? BTW, I'll do what I damn please.

I didn't write the inflammatory material, I'm just distributing it.

I call it insecure because that's what it looks like. There is NOTHING here, and because of it people are inventing wild fantasies that they then, go on and on at length to disprove or discredit. Only insecurity explains it.