PDA

View Full Version : Tom Powers: Tim Tebow shows against Vikings that he's simply a winner

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Following written by a sportswriter in Minnesota

Just to be up front, I wish the Vikings had 44 Tim Tebows.

I wish they had 44 solid, respectful, genuine, caring human beings. I wish they had 44 winners.

"I'll say this: The guy wins," Denver coach John Fox noted after his team's 35-32 victory over the Vikings. "He does it with his feet. He does it with his arm. He's young, and he's going to get better."

good article - http://www.twincities.com/ci_19470392

BroncoBJ
12-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Carol, you are just an article posting machine. :elefant: ... Good stuff though. Fox is sounding like hes really liking Tebow. Now lets just hope the E and the X buy in 100 percent as well before seasons end. :salute:

Thnikkaman
12-04-2011, 11:28 PM
This quote by Tebow cemented it for me:

"I know I had a lot of help," he said. "The offensive line did a great job, and the receivers stepped up and made me look better than I am."

Tim Tebow is not John Elway. He is like if Terell Davis and John Elway got together and had a football baby. Maybe I'm not thinking straight after watching that game today, but Tebow is our Quarterback until he's not. And when he's not, I'm going to fall harder than Claymore did when Jay demanded a trade/

wayninja
12-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Tebow has the power of proselytization. By 2017 most teams fan-bases will be Broncos fans.

Thnikkaman
12-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Ok, love this quote too from the article's author:

Meanwhile, some guys just know how to win. I find myself becoming an admirer of Tim Tebow. People who take shots at him because of his beliefs can go to hell.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2011, 11:38 PM
I liked the following from the article:

And, yes, after Tebow's postgame news conference he thanked everyone for attending and dropped a quick "God bless" as he stepped from the podium. For whatever reason, that will get people all shook up. It continues to get him labeled as being controversial. For some, that's simply being too far over the top.

Well, it's better than being the type of fellow who gets arrested for DUIs, domestic assault and/or drug possession. Maybe people are angry because he comes into their town and kicks the bejesus (no pun intended) out of their team.

Northman
12-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Well, it's better than being the type of fellow who gets arrested for DUIs, domestic assault and/or drug possession.

Or Stomps on a players arm and tries to play it off like he did nothing wrong. As tough as Detroit tried to play tonight they sorely missed Suh. Wonder if he feels bad he let his team down?

I Eat Staples
12-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Tebow has grown on me to the point where I'll be extremely unhappy if we draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. Basically a 180 from how I used to feel about him. The kid is special and he knows how to win games, and today he looked much better as a passer. I want nothing more than to see him continue to improve and be our guy for the next 15 years.

Clipworthy
12-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Tebow has grown on me to the point where I'll be extremely unhappy if we draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. Basically a 180 from how I used to feel about him. The kid is special and he knows how to win games, and today he looked much better as a passer. I want nothing more than to see him continue to improve and be our guy for the next 15 years.

awwwwww ;)