PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best Kick/Punt Returner in Bronco History.

sneakers
10-09-2007, 12:25 AM
I know we haven't had much success in our returners in recent history...but who are some of the better returners we have had?

Two that stick out to me are that CB Gordon during the Super Bowl years, and RB Glyn Milbern.

Medford Bronco
10-09-2007, 12:50 AM
I know we haven't had much success in our returners in recent history...but who are some of the better returners we have had?

Two that stick out to me are that CB Gordon during the Super Bowl years, and RB Glyn Milbern.

how about Rick Upchurch from the 1977 team

Tned
10-09-2007, 01:06 AM

In recent years, Rod Smith.

In the SB years, Gordon was one of the best Broncos I remember. Beyond that, I don't remember. I remember Milburn being solid, but not spectacular.

It's a shame that the Broncos have never really had a take it to the house thread returning punts/kicks.

In Madden, it's Bailey :D

BaiLeY324
10-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Deltha O'Neal wasn't too bad back in the day neither

Watchthemiddle
10-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Speaking of punt/kick returners...Not sure if this has been mentioned at all this season so far, but I sure do miss seeing D-WIll returning punts.

What a spark plug he was to this team on ST, adn defense. Not too mention the locker room.

topscribe
10-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Rick Upchurch. He was not only the greatest in Broncos history, but he has a
case for being at least one of the G.O.A.T. for the NFL.

Tned, Upchurch was indeed a take it to the house returner.

-----

Tned
10-09-2007, 03:31 AM

-----

He was before my time, so I have no knowledge of him. My NFL and Broncos knowledge starts in 1985. So, I only have a very passing familiarity with some of the names of the older Broncos, but nothing beyond that.

sneakers
10-09-2007, 04:26 AM

-----

Hahaha according to wikipedia:

Upchurch dated and was briefly engaged to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in the 1970s. He is now currently married and has 4 children.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Upchurch#_note-2

Skinny
10-09-2007, 05:33 AM
IMO Rick Upchurch hands down. The record books favor him too. While Darrien Gordon also had excellent return skills.

[Edit] I never understood why Anthony Miller did'nt take on more of a return role while he was playing in Denver. Returns is where he made his mark and Pro-Bowl with San deigo before signing with Denver. :noidea:

BroncoWave
10-09-2007, 06:35 AM
In my short time watching the Broncos the best ones I can remember are Darrien Gordon and D-Will.

TXBRONC
10-09-2007, 07:07 AM

Rick Upchurch hands down.

troylightfoot
10-09-2007, 10:50 AM
wasn't hixon drafted to be just that? and now one year after he was drafted he is playing with the Giants. :eek:

Bronco Bible
10-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Upchurch & then Gordon, :beer:

HORSEPOWER 56
10-09-2007, 04:02 PM
In recent history, we've done okay with punt returners. Darrien Gordon, Deltha O'neal, Rod Smith (when there was no other option), and D-Will, were all very good.

As for kick returners, we haven't had a "good one" in over a decade. The last guy I can remember that could consistently get out past the 30 on most kicks and did pretty well was Kevin Casper. I really thought we had something with Quincy Morgan, but once again, I was outsmarted by the coaching staff who obviously believed that "cut after week 3" Hixon and "I either fumble, touchback, or run into the backs of my blockers" Clark were obviously better choices. :doh:

East Coast Fan
10-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Upchurch by a mile. Gordon was good too, as was an overlooked one-Vaughn Hebron. Remember the Super Bowl year when teams would score and started to close the gap on us a little and we thought "uh-oh"; the next thing that you knew, Hebron takes the ensuing kickoff up near midfield, and we're back in business again as we take a short drive downfield and score. :salute: