PDA

View Full Version : PLAYOFFS?!? Broncos 4th Seed as of today

OrangeHoof
12-04-2011, 07:43 PM
As of Sunday night (12/4), Denver is tied with Oakland for the AFC West division lead with identical 7-5 records. However, Denver wins the tiebreaker with a 3-2 division record while the Raiders are 2-2. The teams split their head-to-head games.

But should the two teams tie for the division, the ultimate tiebreak may be conference record where Denver is now 6-3 while the Raiders are 5-5.

underrated29
12-04-2011, 07:48 PM
as of now anyone know which team/teams we would play? Assuming we maintain the west and the normal teams win and such?

Are we looking at like a game against the steel? or bengals or titans?

Just kinda curious if anyone knows and has the time to post and be a hero.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Here's hoping at the very least the faiders lose against the bolts or queefs

Skacorica
12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Obligatory:

p3-eavMSBnk

Slick
12-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Dukes on nfl network said we'd play the bengals if the season ended today U29. He said he didnt think the bengals would be there at the end and thinks we'll end up playing the Jets.

Its awesome to be talking playoffs but lets not do what Mr Wolf told Travolta and Jackson not to do just because they finished cleaning the car.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Slick
12-04-2011, 08:02 PM

RebelRocker
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
as of now anyone know which team/teams we would play? Assuming we maintain the west and the normal teams win and such?

Are we looking at like a game against the steel? or bengals or titans?

Just kinda curious if anyone knows and has the time to post and be a hero.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

According to the playoff picture page on NFL.com, we'd be playing Pittsburgh.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 08:30 PM

good, we can beat those bitches. And we won't rape anyone doing it.

Magnificent Seven
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
IF THE PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

UnderArmour
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM

Pittsburgh is going to run the table. They would absolutely demolish us. I hope that someone else can knock them off so that we don't have to play them because that team is deadly. I think when it's all said and done they take the division after Baltimore implodes against some awful team again. It's definitely not a good match up to play a team with a quarterback who has been to a few dances with a defense that knows how to play disciplined football.

Magnificent Seven
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Pittsburgh is going to run the table. They would absolutely demolish us. I hope that someone else can knock them off so that we don't have to play them because that team is deadly. I think when it's all said and done they take the division after Baltimore implodes against some awful team again. It's definitely not a good match up to play a team with a quarterback who has been to a few dances with a defense that knows how to play disciplined football.

I believe in Broncos Defense. They can crush Steelers' offense. It is different than McDaniels' defense team in McDaniels' era.

Plus, Tebow knows how to win and Mile High Magic is back!

OrangeHoof
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Before we get to conference record, another tie-breaker is common opponents:

Denver (5-3):

@ GB - loss
vs SD - loss
@ MIA - win
vs DET - loss
@ KC - win
vs NYJ - win
@ SD -win
@ MIN - win
vs CHI
vs NE
@ BUF
vs KC

Oakland (4-4):

@ BUF - loss
vs NYJ - win
vs NE - loss
vs KC - loss
@ SD - win
@ MIN - win
vs CHI - win
@ MIA - loss
@ GB
vs DET
@ KC
vs SD

Dzone
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
How can anyone say for certain that those teams would beat us? This team is going to be doubted all the way to the super bowl.

BORDERLINE
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
4th seed.

If you would have told me this back when Orton was starting I would never have believed it.

underrated29
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
4th seed.

If you would have told me this back when Orton was starting I would never have believed it.

Because when oron was starting it never would have happened.

SR
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I believe in Broncos Defense. They can crush Steelers' offense. It is different than McDaniels' defense team in McDaneils' era.

Plus, Tebow knows how to win and Mile High Magic is back!

You severely underestimate the Steelers. They're the best team in the AFC in my opinion.

Nomad
12-04-2011, 09:13 PM
BRONCOS just win and they're in

SR
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I'd feel better if Denver didn't have to play Baltimore or Shittsburgh. Anyone else I feel like Denver has a legitimate chance. The Jets would be tough because they'd want to avenge their loss. The Pats would be tough because it's the Pats and Tom Brady. Cinci would want to avenge their loss, but we can beat them again. If Oakland gets in I'd be more than happy to play them again. I'd be happy just making the playoffs. Losing would suck, but at least we'd have made the playoffs and that'd be a MASSIVE turnaround from last year.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2011, 09:52 PM
On the pregame before the start of tonight's game, they showed the playoff picture for the AFC and NFC, and the Broncos were listed as one of the division leaders on the AFC side. That was GREAT to see.:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2011, 09:56 PM
If the season ended today -

RebelRocker
12-04-2011, 11:45 PM
If the season ended today -

Already posted it. Check the first page of this thread.

Thnikkaman
12-04-2011, 11:52 PM
I'd feel better if Denver didn't have to play Baltimore or Shittsburgh. Anyone else I feel like Denver has a legitimate chance. The Jets would be tough because they'd want to avenge their loss. The Pats would be tough because it's the Pats and Tom Brady. Cinci would want to avenge their loss, but we can beat them again. If Oakland gets in I'd be more than happy to play them again. I'd be happy just making the playoffs. Losing would suck, but at least we'd have made the playoffs and that'd be a MASSIVE turnaround from last year.

I think with a healthy Von Miller, and Champ Baily, we stand a chance against anyone.

BroncoJoe
12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
I think with a healthy Von Miller, and Champ Baily, we stand a chance against anyone.

Funny thing is, THEY believe it too!

Northman
12-05-2011, 12:08 AM
Pittsburgh is beatable, with Von and Doom we could really create havoc for them. But,, Pitt is also resilient and have great experience. People have to remember we have a lot of youth on this team so while we are winning we are bound to trip up somewhere whether its during the rest of the year or in the playoffs should we make it. An experienced guy like Ben would tear us apart if we cant get to him quick enough. He has a lot of weapons on that team and they can run the ball as well. I would much rather face Cincy than Pitt at this point.

CrazyHorse
12-05-2011, 12:11 AM
I would love to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs. It can be revenge for the 2005 AFC Championship game.

DenBronx
12-05-2011, 01:08 AM
I can't even remember the last time we were able to talk about the Broncos making the playoffs.

RebelRocker
12-05-2011, 01:09 AM
I would love to beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs. It can be revenge for the 2005 AFC Championship game.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw that on NFL.com LOL. I hate how arrogant they are and I'd love for us to knock them off their block.

dogfish
12-05-2011, 01:25 AM
y'all crazy. . .

i'd be ****ing thrilled to play ANYBODY in the playoffs. . . .

river7sailor
12-05-2011, 08:13 AM
I choose to believe the best for the Broncos. Anybody can whine about this or that. That's what children do. There's no limit to what's possible for this team right now. This is their finest hour. This is David and Goliath stuff. I wanna see the Broncos on the field for the coin toss for the Superbowl. Go Broncos.

MileHighCrew
12-05-2011, 08:26 AM
playoffs..... I love that there is talk about playoffs. One game at a time though, enjoying the ride.

NightTerror218
12-05-2011, 12:52 PM
well I do believe the Raiders will lose next week against GB. Which if we lose means we are still tied.

rationalfan
12-05-2011, 03:46 PM
this is the first broncos team since reeves was here that doesn't have me scared of the physical, tough teams like pittsburgh or baltimore. throughout shanny's and mcd's tenure, the broncos struggled against the "smashmouth" teams.

whether the credit goes to tebow, fox, miller or EFX, this team feels like it can just punch people back in the face, rather than try to dance around them.

Dapper Dan
12-05-2011, 03:53 PM
If we do play Pittsbugh and lose in the playoffs, I may cry again. :,(