PDA

View Full Version : Broncos, Tim Tebow rally to beat Vikings 35-32; now tied atop AFC West

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2011, 05:40 PM
MINNEAPOLIS — If there's any justice, Tim Tebow just clinched whatever it was he was supposed to clinch.

After another sensational late-game performance that lifted the Broncos to a 35-32 win here Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings​, Tebow is not only the man of the hour.

He is not only the Broncos' quarterback of the year.

He better be their indisputable quarterback of the future.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19469264

BroncoStud
12-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I've been slow to annoint Tebow anything other than a project... But after the last few weeks and witnissing the STRIDES he has made in his game, and the mentality he brings to this team, I can say, without a hint of doubt, that it would be a MONUMENTAL mistake to draft a QB with a high draft pick this year.

Right now I would prefer Tebow to about 90% of the starting QBs in the NFL and he is getting MUCH better every week.

Imagine how good this offense could become if we had a better playcaller, if Tebow gets an entire offseason to study, learn, get better, and if we continue to install better plays and learn the existing plays.

If Denver is able to bring some speed RBs in to give us homerun threats, build the line, and keep drafting defense, we will be good to go for a long time.

Tebow looked like Big Ben today. Buying time, throwing accurately, managing the game well, hitting deep passes perfectly... Of all the heroics he's had late in games, none impressed me as much as today. This might be the most impressive win I've seen Denver have in a VERY long time.

Northman
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Im not going to annoint Timmy anything. Im just enjoying the win. Let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

BroncoStud
12-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Yep, winning is fun. Forgot what it felt like.

DenBronx
12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Tied yes but we own the tie breaker so we are in 1st place. Lets just get that out of the way right now.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Tied yes but we own the tie breaker so we are in 1st place. Lets just get that out of the way right now.

That's sorta misleading. We only own the tiebreaker because we've played (and won) 1 more division game than Oakland. They have a chance to match that.

BroncoJoe
12-04-2011, 06:04 PM
That's sorta misleading. We only own the tiebreaker because we've played (and won) 1 more division game than Oakland. They have a chance to match that.

Doesn't matter. We're in first.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nomad
12-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Lot of heroes in the game today......good team win......imagine the pressure on Colquitt catching and placing the ball for the FG.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Doesn't matter. We're in first.

Well, yes it does matter though.

BroncoJoe
12-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Well, yes it does matter though.

No it doesnt. If the season ended today, we'd be in first. Not tied.

Northman
12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
For **** sake, we were 1-4 when we started this year. Are we really bitching about the fact we are 7-5 now? Really? lol

BroncoBJ
12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
5 in a row. Gotta love it. I remember after beating Miami, I was stoked as to how the final few minutes went and I was just glad that we wern't the front runner for Andrew Luck.

Now I'm thinking playoffs :lol:

Hope this ride continues. :elefant:

wayninja
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM
No it doesnt. If the season ended today, we'd be in first. Not tied.

But that's ridiculous. The season never has and never will simply end with games to be played and yet post season continues. All I said is that it's sort of misleading, because it is.

BroncoJoe
12-04-2011, 06:20 PM
But that's ridiculous. The season never has and never will simply end with games to be played and yet post season continues. All I said is that it's sort of misleading, because it is.

Not really sure why you're arguing. The Broncos are in first place.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Not really sure why you're arguing. The Broncos are in first place.

I said it was sorta misleading. You are arguing. We simply don't have the tie breaker clinched and the season won't 'end today'. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much. We did as much as we can, but the division simply isn't ours yet.

Nomad
12-04-2011, 06:30 PM
As of tomorrow....focus is on the Bears and GO JAX!

Today....enjoying the win

BORDERLINE
12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I said it was sorta misleading. You are arguing. We simply don't have the tie breaker clinched and the season won't 'end today'. I'm not sure why that bothers you so much. We did as much as we can, but the division simply isn't ours yet.

DUDE we are in 1st, enjoy it. I know it's hard after so many loses last year. No one said we won the division yet, but we are in 1st. Come on my man you come off as anti-everything sometimes. Loosen up :salute:

wayninja
12-04-2011, 07:03 PM
DUDE we are in 1st, enjoy it. I know it's hard after so many loses last year. No one said we won the division yet, but we are in 1st. Come on my man you come off as anti-everything sometimes. Loosen up :salute:

It's not anti anything, it's just realism. I'm happy we won and the Raiders lost and I'm not denying we are in first place, I simply balked at the notion that 'we own the tiebreaker'.... that's just misleading. Why all the butt-hurt over reality?

BroncoJoe
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Why go out of your way to make a point of it?

Sounds like something a Raiturd fan would do.

camdisco24
12-04-2011, 07:09 PM
It's not anti anything, it's just realism. I'm happy we won and the Raiders lost and I'm not denying we are in first place, I simply balked at the notion that 'we own the tiebreaker'.... that's just misleading. Why all the butt-hurt over reality?

I don't think anyone is butt-hurt, we're just happy to be in FIRST PLACE as of RIGHT NOW.

There's a time to critique and argue, but usually we like to wait at least 24 hrs after a win.

Dzone
12-04-2011, 07:12 PM
"Tebow detractors are pulling their hamstrings trying to jump on the Bandwagon" ~David Treadwell

LMAO!!!!
:pound:

wayninja
12-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Why go out of your way to make a point of it?

Sounds like something a Raiturd fan would do.

Why try to deny that we've played one more division game than the raiders? If they win the last 2 against the chiefs and chargers (which they should) we don't 'own' the tiebreaker. Is that hard to understand or something? We have the same record as the faiders and have played one more division game then them, making the statement 'we own the tiebreaker' misleading. **** me, if that's not a hard concept to grasp.

I don't think anyone is butt-hurt, we're just happy to be in FIRST PLACE as of RIGHT NOW.

There's a time to critique and argue, but usually we like to wait at least 24 hrs after a win.

I'm psyched we are in first and never denied that. I'm only taking objection to the 'we own the tiebreaker' statement. Are we really so high on a win that we don't understand that they have 2 division games left and we only have one? They could steal the tiebreaker from us, we don't 'own' it. Seriously, I just don't understand the animosity toward cold, hard truth.

rcsodak
12-04-2011, 07:19 PM
The good thing, is Oak plays GB and Detroit still. And has 2 road gms left. Den has 3 home gms left.
Currently, Oak/Den have identical overall records.
I guess if they go alphabetically, in the listing, Den would be 1st.

FlyByU
12-04-2011, 07:22 PM
We are actually #1 in the Div right now we are 3-2 in the division and the Raiders are 2-2 so right now the Broncos are #1...

Dzone
12-04-2011, 07:24 PM
We have now won what? 5 road games? Like it was said today, that is very hard to do in the NFL. This victory is glorious. We should bask in the wave of unprecidented achievment , that nobody could have predicted. There are so many positives to take from this game. D Thomas' breakout game has to have everyone excited. Just in time for the playoff run. I never thought D Thomas would ever play again after a ruptured achilles. Well, that fake he put on that dude on that 1st and 10 scramble and touchdown was a thing of beauty. For the first time ever, we can think that maybe we are better off we didnt take Dez bryant. Demaryious Thomas might be better than Dez Bryant. Maybe Mcdaniels was right about D Thomas.
Man, isnt it great! This game had everything. What a game. Relish in this victory! I am now hearing on national sports shows, Super Bowl and Broncos in the same sentence. Haha Whoda thunk it

camdisco24
12-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Seriously, I just don't understand the animosity toward cold, hard truth.

...There is no animosity, we just don't want to hear it right after a WIN.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 07:28 PM
We have now won what? 5 road games? Like it was said today, that is very hard to do in the NFL. This victory is glorious. We should bask in the wave of unprecidented achievment , that nobody could have predicted. There are so many positives to take from this game. D Thomas' breakout game has to have everyone excited. Just in time for the playoff run. I never thought D Thomas would ever play again after a ruptured achilles. Well, that fake he put on that dude on that 1st and 10 scramble and touchdown was a thing of beauty. For the first time ever, we can think that maybe we are better off we didnt take Dez bryant. Demaryious Thomas might be better than Dez Bryant. Maybe Mcdaniels was right about D Thomas.
Man, isnt it great! This game had everything. What a game. Relish in this victory! I am now hearing on national sports shows, Super Bowl and Broncos in the same sentence. Haha Whoda thunk it

We are easily the most criticized team in football who's won 6 out of our last 7 games.

Tebow is the most criticized QB in the league if he passes under 50%. There were lots of veteran QB's this week passing under 50%, but you won't hear that statline out of any of the 'analysts'.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
...There is no animosity, we just don't want to hear it right after a WIN.

I can appreciate not wanting to hear it. I have no respect for denying it.

I'll stop since clearly this obvious truth is killing the buzz, but let's not say stupid stuff like 'we own the tiebreaker'. That's mojo we don't need.

Dzone
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Watching Hoges irrational criticism of Tebow this morning, it will be glorious when Meril Hoge has to say it:"Tim Tebow proved me wrong. He is an Elite NFL QB"
"

Slick
12-04-2011, 07:31 PM
We're tied for first place. Nothing wrong with that. Ninja is telling it like it is. Nothing wrong with that. We have a lot more work to do. Start watching film on the bears, guys. Like tebow.

Dzone
12-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Some people were put on this earth to be a buzz kill for everyone else. They get pleasure out of bringing down happy people. Why? Who the hell knows.

We are now the Miracle team of the NFL and it is truly glorious. We can feel damn good about our chances in the playoffs.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
We're tied for first place. Nothing wrong with that. Ninja is telling it like it is. Nothing wrong with that. We have a lot more work to do. Start watching film on the bears, guys. Like tebow.

It's funny how the Bears threat level has declined over the last few weeks. We seem to be getting much better and they seem to be getting more decimated.

No Cutler, no Forte. I like that.

The only think I don't like is they will be playing like caged badgers.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Some people were put on this earth to be a buzz kill for everyone else. They get pleasure out of bringing down happy people. Why? Who the hell knows.

I hope you aren't referring to me. I wasn't trying to kill anyone's buzz, honestly. If I did, I really do apologize (which is rare for me, so ******* appreciate it). The truth is the truth, but I'll acknowledge the timing may suck.

RebelRocker
12-04-2011, 07:40 PM

If we stay at this pace and tie Oakland with our regular season record, we will more than likely win the tiebreaker because we would have a better conference record and if they managed to tie us with that, we'd still have it based on the two games we played against them.

Slick
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
It's funny how the Bears threat level has declined over the last few weeks. We seem to be getting much better and they seem to be getting more decimated.

No Cutler, no Forte. I like that.

The only think I don't like is they will be playing like caged badgers.
Yes. Sure was nice to see that Forte will miss 2 to 4. That helps.

I hope Clady is okay. We'll need him to deal with Peppers. With Von back, i like our pass rush vs their oline.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 07:44 PM
If we stay at this pace and tie Oakland with our regular season record, we will more than likely win the tiebreaker because we would have a better conference record and if they managed to tie us with that, we'd still have it based on the two games we played against them.

I'm just going to stop. You are right. Go broncos.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2011, 07:54 PM
We are actually #1 in the Div right now we are 3-2 in the division and the Raiders are 2-2 so right now the Broncos are #1...

True - the records are the same, but the Broncos hold the tie breakers right now.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-04-2011, 10:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Joel
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM
The main thing to note there is we CANNOT LOSE the second tiebreak (though we haven't WON it.) Even losing the third (common opponents) is EXTREMELY unlikely. We both have nothing left but Division and common opponents (one of whom, NY, we both beat, so that's a wash.) That means ANY Oakland loss at this stage not only hurts their overall record, but also their tiebreaks against us.

Today is a good example: We beat Miami, who beat Oakland; +1 for us. Oakland beat MN, so we'd have given that back if we'd lost--but we didn't so we're still +1.

Oakland is 1-2 against Chicago, NE and Buffalo (our remaining common opponents) and we're 0-2 against GB and Detroit (theirs.) They make up the common game IF ALL our opponents win OR they beat GB OR Detroit.

So next week is like this week: IF we beat Chicago in Denver and GB beats Oakland at Lambeau they can only tie the third tiebreak. That's if Buffalo AND NE beat us AND they beat Detroit.

Also remember tiebreaks only matter if our overall records are, well, tied, plus Oakland can't beat us for the first two. Most scenarios where they win the third it's unnecessary because we win the second, and most scenarios where we're even on the second, we win the third.

The fourth tiebreak is Conference opponents; I don't think it'll go that far and it gets a little complicated since it ignores NFC opponents, so I'm not bothering to figure it out yet. I do know they beat Houston and Cleveland while we beat Cincy but lost to TN, so the TN loss could theoretically cost us the #4 AND #6 AFC playoff seed.

Bottom line: This was a HUGE win for us because it not only tied us in overall record, but itself put us ahead for the third tiebreaker, and we're already guaranteed to be no worse than even for the first two. We are technically tied for the Division lead now, but any objective observer would favor us to win the AFC West in the end.

Jsteve01
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Whoa there. We just beat the Vikings.take it easy on the Superbowl talk

I will say this....at this point last years draftlooks. A lo better than it did 6 weeks ago

Joel
12-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Conference record is the fourth tiebreak after head to head (which we split,) Division (which we lead by half a game) and common opponents (which we also lead by half a game.) If our overall record and all three of those finish equal, they probably win the Division because they're 2-0 against remaining Conference opponents and we're only 1-1. I say, "probably," because if it happens to work out that they have two more wins against the NFC that would mean we would have two more wins against common AFC opponents, which would put us a game ahead against the Conference and win the fourth tiebreak. If THAT somehow tied then it goes to strength of victory, which they would win handilly.

tomjonesrocks
12-05-2011, 09:28 AM
The Bears game might be the first game bookies have Denver as the favorite this season.

They're decimated. If Von Miller's back it -should- be the first "popcorn" game for us all year.

FlyByU
12-05-2011, 09:49 AM
True - the records are the same, but the Broncos hold the tie breakers right now.

Who would have thought we would be talking Playoffs for the Broncos this season?

Not me I figured we would still be stuck with KO at the helm and maybe 2-3 wins at most right now. 7-5 looks very good and right now TT will secure his starting spot for next year all he has to do is lead Denver to win 2 more games and we have a winning season.

Who would of thought we would be so close to a winning season right now?

wayninja
12-05-2011, 03:21 PM
The main thing to note there is we CANNOT LOSE the second tiebreak (though we haven't WON it.)

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how this is true.

We are 3-2 in the division and they are 2-2. If we lose against the chiefs and they win their 2 games (chiefs, bolts), then we are 3-3 and they are 4-2 and win the tie breaker.

NightTerror218
12-05-2011, 03:37 PM

But they have 2 more away games in the division, our last 1 is at home. We have a better chance at 4-2 division then raiders do at 4-2 with 2 away games. KC and SD beat them in their house.

NightTerror218
12-05-2011, 03:39 PM
The Bears game might be the first game bookies have Denver as the favorite this season.

They're decimated. If Von Miller's back it -should- be the first "popcorn" game for us all year.

Dont get to far ahead of us, we are in every game and Chicagos special teams could very well beat us, Hester could have multi returns for wins. I remember too many times in the past losing games because of special teams, like KC.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 04:02 PM
But they have 2 more away games in the division, our last 1 is at home. We have a better chance at 4-2 division then raiders do at 4-2 with 2 away games. KC and SD beat them in their house.

I didn't say anything about probabilities, nor was that the point of my post. We DON'T own the tiebreaker. We haven't won it and could still lose it.

It's not rocket surgery.

Joel
12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm sorry, but I just don't see how this is true.

We are 3-2 in the division and they are 2-2. If we lose against the chiefs and they win their 2 games (chiefs, bolts), then we are 3-3 and they are 4-2 and win the tie breaker.
I somehow remembered them as having 3 Division losses already until I looked it up again. It is UNLIKELY they can win the second tiebreak, but if we lose to KC and they beat both KC and SD it would happen.

wayninja
12-05-2011, 07:38 PM
I somehow remembered them as having 3 Division losses already until I looked it up again. It is UNLIKELY they can win the second tiebreak, but if we lose to KC and they beat both KC and SD it would happen.

No worries, but that's all I was getting at. Not talking probabilities, we just don't own it yet. That is all.

We control it and if we do our part, the best they can do is tie this an move on to the next tie breaker, but we just aren't there yet.