PDA

View Full Version : Royal.

gregbroncs
12-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Did Royal just lose his spot as the #2 reciever? I thought Thomas played better in this game than Royal has shown as a reciever since his rookie season.

Northman
12-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Royal is struggling. I would just put him on returns and have Decker, Thomas, and Willis as the 3 wides at this moment.

jhildebrand
He may have. I like DT's size better anyway. I think that is a huge advantage over Royal and it showed in the second half.

MileHiWildcat
They really need to make Royal the next Percy Harvin for Tim.

Clipworthy
12-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Eddie at slot, who cares about his "spot" hes a slot guy he knows it, the team knows it, the league knows it, your mom knows it

Dem is the best WR on this team, I've said it since they drafted him, but everyone was so quick to count him out...

gregbroncs
12-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Eddie at slot, who cares about his "spot" hes a slot guy he knows it, the team knows it, the league knows it, your mom knows it

Dem is the best WR on this team, I've said it since they drafted him, but everyone was so quick to count him out...

Then Royal has a problem on this team. They don't go with 3 wide sets all that often. They are using 2 back or 2 TE sets a lot. If Royal is strictly a slot reciever then the # of snaps he will be on the field for Denver is going to be really limited.

Clipworthy
12-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Then Royal has a problem on this team. They don't go with 3 wide sets all that often. They are using 2 back or 2 TE sets a lot. If Royal is strictly a slot reciever then the # of snaps he will be on the field for Denver is going to be really limited.

Royal as full time returner and #3, what's wrong with that? It's perfect for him, plus they do know how to use him creatively, they just don't do it often enough

gregbroncs
12-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Royal as full time returner and #3, what's wrong with that? It's perfect for him, plus they do know how to use him creatively, they just don't do it often enoughNothing wrong with it. I don't think Royal will be all that happy with that position.

karnage
12-04-2011, 05:50 PM
I'd like to see Royal used on PR/KR, 3/4 receiver, and about 3-5 plays from RB...he's great in space

wayninja
12-04-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm wondering if we lost Royal on that Punt return... I was too caught up in shit to see if he ever came back in the game. Anyone know if he got hurt bad when he got drilled on that punt return?

camdisco24
12-04-2011, 06:07 PM
I love Royal, but I think he has regressed the past few weeks. Plus, I don't think we should be all that surprised that D. Thomas is finally playing like a first round pick.

Like others have said, use Eddie's strengths and I think he can be fairly productive here.

Bosco
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM

I imagine we'll see more 13 personnel sets as Tebow becomes a better passer and we don't have to lean on the run game so much.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Denver is a different team w/ Royal...as a return man.

I'll believe in DT when he can stay on the field for 3 weeks at a time.

And Decker is the best WR on the team.

JMHO.

tomjonesrocks
12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
DT has looked so lazy and disinterested on the field it's really surprising to see him break out.

After the game Tebow praised DT's work ethic--which would be a nice compliment coming from Tebow.

I really think DTs breakaway speed is gone and clearly MN blew some coverages on him, but if he can be even a serviceable possession and end zone target for Tebow that alone would far exceed my expectations for him at this point.

Hope he can build on the game and not disappear/get hurt again.

camdisco24
12-04-2011, 07:36 PM
DT has looked so lazy and disinterested on the field it's really surprising to see him break out.

hmmm never noticed that.

All the times I've seen him involved (which has been rare because of injuries) he seems to be working pretty hard.

wayninja
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm wondering if we lost Royal on that Punt return... I was too caught up in shit to see if he ever came back in the game. Anyone know if he got hurt bad when he got drilled on that punt return?

Good question Wayninja. You are awesome at posting and have a large penis.

To answer your question, it seems Royal WAS hurt on that punt:

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/12/4/2610639/eddie-royal-injury-update-denver-broncos-week-13

tubby
12-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Average punt returner.