PDA

View Full Version : Who could/should we trade and what would we get out of them straight up?

lex
10-08-2007, 10:40 PM
As the title asks, what players do you think we could/should trade and what do you think we could get out of them in terms of draft picks?

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 10:47 PM
id hope we trade ian gold but his salary is insane. no team is going to trade for that. gold will be asked to restructure or get cut.

hmm trade, we might trade brian clark for a bag of chips

mike bell for sure though

Simple Jaded
10-08-2007, 10:49 PM
...A twelve pack and a large pizza....

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 10:50 PM
...A twelve pack and a large pizza....

how about a Sam Adams :laugh:

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
how about a Sam Adams :laugh:

and a berger. :laugh: engelberger that is.

lex
10-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Alright. Everyones joke is hilarious, but really, what can we get for some guys that would help us improve?

Krugan
10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
If your serious about the trade, DJ would bring something, not as a MLB.

Im not sure what he would bring on the open market, but its quite possible he might be worth a solid back up MLB.

Selvin Young might get a few looks if put on the market, but would be a terrible move with Henry looking to be under suspension.

Walker would bring something if healthy, but there is another position where we are long on depth but short on quality.

So to sum this up, we cant afford to trade anyone, because what sits behind the players we have of value, isnt starter material.

This is just my humble opinion.

Lonestar
10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Alright. Everyones joke is hilarious, but really, what can we get for some guys that would help us improve?

We need a couple of cloggers and there are none available in the trade market.

I think it is the old chant "wait till next year".

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 11:03 PM
If your serious about the trade, DJ would bring something, not as a MLB.

Im not sure what he would bring on the open market, but its quite possible he might be worth a solid back up MLB.

Selvin Young might get a few looks if put on the market, but would be a terrible move with Henry looking to be under suspension.

Walker would bring something if healthy, but there is another position where we are long on depth but short on quality.

So to sum this up, we cant afford to trade anyone, because what sits behind the players we have of value, isnt starter material.

This is just my humble opinion.

and a very good one. :salute:

agreed on all points.

bottom line is we need to draft better than the last few years, especially on defense.

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 11:07 PM
all i want to know is when is the trade deadline for this year? forget next year...i say go for broke...trade bell or someone else....get a DT puleeeeeeze!

lex
10-08-2007, 11:08 PM
OK, Im not really fond of trading Foxworth because I think hes a better corner than Bly...BUT we have committed funds to Bly.

Or, what about Bly? Is his age/salary too steep to get much?

What about Tony Scheffler?

I guess theres not much but to shop around but there are a few guys.

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
OK, Im not really fond of trading Foxworth because I think hes a better corner than Bly...BUT we have committed funds to Bly.

Or, what about Bly? Is his age/salary too steep to get much?

What about Tony Scheffler?

I guess theres not much but to shop around but there are a few guys.

no i think trading bly is realistic. the redskins are high on him....at least wed get some value for him back. bly is worth a 4th or 3rd if they are desperate.

and bly hasnt been spectacular at all...so i wouldnt mind seeing him go.

Krugan
10-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Im not a huge Scheffler fan, but in all honesty, he is the 2nd best we have.

Jackson, just far to injury prone. I hear his blocking is above Tony's and thats why he is here.

That being said, I would much rather keep tony, younger, more upside, and move Jackson on.

But thats just me thinking about the future. I cant bring myself to believe adding anything at this point is going to help us turn the page for this season.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Honestly, Lex, there just isn't a whole lot of players that anyone else would even want...And beins there are so few players of any value, I just can't see trading any of them.

That is the draw back of constantly drafting "system players", aka "Busts".

Here is a list of untouchables:

J. Walker
B. Marshall
J. Cutler
D. Graham
T. Scheffler

Moss
Dumervil
Crowder
Thomas (But only because he's the only DT with potential)
DJ (Can't lose all three starting LB's in one offseason)
Champ

Players you might be able to get something for:

Foxworth (Although I'm not so sure anymore...One of the worst tacklers in the league)
Mike Bell
Cry
?
?
? (I'm probably forgetting someone)

This is nothing new, the Broncos don't often have something another team is willing to give something for...When they do, it's usually a RB....

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 11:21 PM
at least dwill knew how to wrap up. he did get burned from time to time which was very frustrating but i think dwill was better than foxy....but if we trade foxworth then paymuh might be gone sooner or later. which means another draft bust by shanny. (with the exception of dwill of course)

Nick
10-09-2007, 12:35 AM
You need to br realistic... Trade the players you don't want. Specially with a team with no major depth.

Yeah trade bly now the broncos have even a worse pass D prpblem because of the rush deffense. If we trade it would have to be DJ, Marshall, Champ, Bly or Dumerville.

Those are the "quality" players in other teams eyes that we have.

Our.. We could do just like Bills did... Just get rid of a bunch of players and replace their same postion in the draft.

Great!

We have to many holes to think we can replace one hole and open up a new one. Stop thinking of the draft like madden football... be realistic

Uncle Buck
10-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey, y’know I’ve read the posts in this thread, and have to say that some really good points have been made.

My take is this: Whatever became of the concept of actually DEVELOPING the new players that we already have, instead of going on the market to land some of yesterday’s stars (and/or “also-rans”)? For instance, remember way back when, when this organization could turn out 1000+ yards RB’s like we were a Keebler’s factory?

More importantly—or to enhance this theory—just take a look at the Rockies. This is a Cinderella story, where, devoid of the NFL’s counterpart “salary cap” protection, they just bucked up as a team, played with what they had, and did it all from within.

I’d like to think that this same concept could be applied to the Denver Broncos. And what better time to do so?