PDA

View Full Version : PFW: The Way We Hear It

TXBRONC
10-08-2007, 09:35 PM
I only brings this in for discussion. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with report and I'm not offering it up as an excuse. I will say this however, with what I have seen from Gold and Webster maybe Winborn ought to get a shot at playing either the Sam or the Will linebacker positions.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Denver/WWHI/2007/wwhi100507.htm

Learning curve to new system a reason for porous run defense

Oct. 5, 2007

Updated as of 11:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7

The Broncos are continuing to stress it’s not the personnel that has led to the letdown against the run, where the Broncos surrendered an eye-popping 187.6 yards a game through the first five weeks. In last week’s loss, the Chargers racked up 214 yards on the ground. Coaches, players and sources agree it’s more the new scheme instituted by new defensive boss Jim Bates and the necessary adjustment period to it, but few expected the learning curve to last quite this long. Gap control and poor tackling have been significant issues, and it has become clear that the defensive line, one that is deep but also unproven in a lot of areas, must do a better job of controlling blockers and freeing up linebackers. The team is not believed to be overly thrilled with the play of new DE Simeon Rice. Rice, who was inactive in Week Five, hasn’t been very explosive in the pass rush and is noticeably weak against the run, which was his reputation coming in from Tampa Bay. However, the same can’t be said for Jarvis Moss, who coaches have suggested is stronger than advertised. Also, keep an eye on newly acquired OLB Jamie Winborn, who could earn more playing time if the defensive problems persist.

Nick
10-08-2007, 10:10 PM
I only brings this in for discussion. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with report and I'm not offering it up as an excuse. I will say this however, with what I have seen from Gold and Webster maybe Winborn ought to get a shot at playing either the Sam or the Will linebacker positions.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Denver/WWHI/2007/wwhi100507.htm

Learning curve to new system a reason for porous run defense

Oct. 5, 2007

Updated as of 11:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7

The Broncos are continuing to stress it’s not the personnel that has led to the letdown against the run, where the Broncos surrendered an eye-popping 187.6 yards a game through the first five weeks. In last week’s loss, the Chargers racked up 214 yards on the ground. Coaches, players and sources agree it’s more the new scheme instituted by new defensive boss Jim Bates and the necessary adjustment period to it, but few expected the learning curve to last quite this long. Gap control and poor tackling have been significant issues, and it has become clear that the defensive line, one that is deep but also unproven in a lot of areas, must do a better job of controlling blockers and freeing up linebackers. The team is not believed to be overly thrilled with the play of new DE Simeon Rice. Rice, who was inactive in Week Five, hasn’t been very explosive in the pass rush and is noticeably weak against the run, which was his reputation coming in from Tampa Bay. However, the same can’t be said for Jarvis Moss, who coaches have suggested is stronger than advertised. Also, keep an eye on newly acquired OLB Jamie Winborn, who could earn more playing time if the defensive problems persist.

De's have been doing a pretty good job in the pass rush... You can be perfect in a pass-rush if a team implented the run very successfully. It is everything right now even though some areas have been even more productive and looked alot more succesfull. I look on the bright side and can see a lot of talent on the field but also a lot of holes to fill.

On the side notes going into the bye... which is most needed. We might have found our new kick returner Martinez and Selvin young. Scheffler coming back a little more and should be 100 percent when we are off the bye. Having Walker back after the bye and him being a 100.

There is no excuses for those player and how they played though. Except for the personel in a lot of situtations.

I can see a lot of bright side for this team. We have a lot softer schedule after the 2 games or so after the bye.

TXBRONC
10-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Well hopefully we can come out of the bye week and get a win within those first two games after the bye.