PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow and Denver Super Bowl win equals NFL Armageddon

broncobryce
12-03-2011, 01:19 PM
http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?&articleid=1385588&format=&page=1&listingType=sco#articleFull

Let’s root for chaos, shall we?

Let’s hope that all those nerdy draftniks, know-it-all talking heads on ESPN, and NFL icons like John Elway squirm as their myopic view of the world gets Tebowed.

Let’s root for the Denver Broncos to win the 2012 Super Bowl.

It will be Armageddon Day in the NFL.

I’m not a Broncos fan. I’m not even one of those fanatical Tebow loyalists. As noted before, Timmy can be terrible and he can be terrific. Both statements are true given his skill sets.

(click the link to read the rest)

Northman
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Poor timmy, such a victim.

broncobryce
12-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Poor timmy, such a victim.

:confused:

jhildebrand
12-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I’m not a Broncos fan.

I thought you were. You spend a lot of time here and your name is Broncobryce.

Who are you a fan of then? :confused:

dogfish
12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
well, it IS gonna be 2012. . . maybe tebow is the world-destroying power the mayans predicted. . . .

turftoad
12-03-2011, 02:39 PM

I'm not sure but I think he was quoting the article.

Dreadnought
12-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Broncobryce is a fan of Tebow but predates Tebow. He signed up in March '08. Just quoting the article, thats all.

wayninja
12-03-2011, 03:00 PM

See how the text above is in QUOTE blocks... that means I didn't say it...

Dreadnought
12-03-2011, 03:03 PM
See how the text above is in QUOTE blocks... that means I didn't say it...

I did that, using awe inspiring Mod powers. Jhil posted before I edited

sneakers
12-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I like the words "Broncos" and "Super Bowl" in the same sentence.

CrazyHorse
12-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Super Bowl XXXII rematch with the same outcome in the vain of Super Bowl XLII.

broncobryce
12-03-2011, 07:31 PM

If you had read the article, you would know those weren't my thoughts.....come on man you're smarter than that. Don't be so quick to try to start shit.

broncobryce
12-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Broncobryce is a fan of Tebow but predates Tebow. He signed up in March '08. Just quoting the article, thats all.

And to clarify this I am a Broncos fan and therefore a Tebow fan. I don't watch college football and had never seen him play until he played for Denver.

SR
12-03-2011, 08:03 PM

Are you new?

dogfish
12-03-2011, 08:05 PM
tebowgeddon!

chazoe60
12-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I didn't want to start another Tebow thread so I decided to just post this thought in the newest one.

I am getting sick of people acting as if our read option/run heavy offense is the only thing Tebow will ever be able to do. I get sick of hearing "it's not sustainable".

Come on you twits, you don't actually think that Tebow's gonna play in this exact style and not evolve his passing game fro his entire career do you?

IMO this is just an exaggeration of what a Tebow offense could look like. This is something that allows a young QB to develope while at the same time allows him and his teammates to win games.

Give the young man a full offseason to improve his passing skills and I think what we'll see is a variation of this offense with a lot more passing sprinkled in, with Fox we'll always be a run heavy team though. Can you imagine how good he'll be when he brings his passing skills up to even average levels?

The thing that I like is that he seems to improve every week.

BORDERLINE
12-03-2011, 09:06 PM
I didn't want to start another Tebow thread so I decided to just post this thought in the newest one.

I am getting sick of people acting as if our read option/run heavy offense is the only thing Tebow will ever be able to do. I get sick of hearing "it's not sustainable".

Come on you twits, you don't actually think that Tebow's gonna play in this exact style and not evolve his passing game fro his entire career do you?

IMO this is just an exaggeration of what a Tebow offense could look like. This is something that allows a young QB to develope while at the same time allows him and his teammates to win games.

Give the young man a full offseason to improve his passing skills and I think what we'll see is a variation of this offense with a lot more passing sprinkled in, with Fox we'll always be a run heavy team though. Can you imagine how good he'll be when he brings his passing skills up to even average levels?

Tebow threw the ball at the end of last year fairly well. We all saw that. I was just as dumbfounded as anyone else who saw the last three games of last year and then watch Tebow play vs the Fins and Lions and have a horrible game.

I as i'm sure everyone on here knows Tebow is not cut from the Brady/Manning mold. I'm stating the obvious there. But I do believe he will get better through the air. He just has to get better. A lot of it has to do with his limited amounts of throws during the game but those are all excuses. Whatever happens this year Tebow already kind of IMO earned a shot to go into next season as the starting QB. This should have been done this year and we would have maybe taken our bumps at the start but really at 1-4 with Orton how bad could it have been with Tebow.

If somehow Tebow would get us to a SB I would go ape sh**. I don't like to get my hopes up. This season has been a success IMO. This team rose from the abyss of the NFL to very much in the division chase. After the 1-4 start nobody would have believed that.

vettesplus
12-03-2011, 10:04 PM
if the broncos were to win the superbowl this year i would be the first to insert my foot into my mouth, but sense its not going to happen i will leave my shoes dirty.....but its ok to wish!!!

catfish
12-03-2011, 10:38 PM

keep in mind the coaches and players are all trying to learn a completely new offense, they seem to have implemented the majority of the run portion of the option, but have barely scratched the surface of the pass portion. Implementing a whole new offense takes time, hopefully as they add more passing wrinkles(as they have done the last 2 weeks) they will cut back on some of the running calls......It is funny to hear some of my own frustrations voiced though. I am waiting for the TE to slip off his block and opening up the shovel pass....go look up some Aaron Hernandez highlights from UF to see how bad you can beat on a team that way

Con_Valian
12-04-2011, 12:37 AM

These are EXACTLY my thoughts. Everyone in the media seems to have come to the conclusion that Tebow and this offense has completed its maturation; what you see is what will always get. It's been driving me mad. :banghead:

Dreadnought
12-06-2011, 03:35 PM
keep in mind the coaches and players are all trying to learn a completely new offense, they seem to have implemented the majority of the run portion of the option, but have barely scratched the surface of the pass portion. Implementing a whole new offense takes time, hopefully as they add more passing wrinkles(as they have done the last 2 weeks) they will cut back on some of the running calls......It is funny to hear some of my own frustrations voiced though. I am waiting for the TE to slip off his block and opening up the shovel pass....go look up some Aaron Hernandez highlights from UF to see how bad you can beat on a team that way

Ted over at IAOFM pointed out that our passing game is basically unchanged, just used less than McD used it. For the rest Fox and McCoy are cobbling together a Frankenstein offense out of bits and pieces, basically. Some Ehrhardt-Perkins, some old school pro set and 'I" formation, some read-option, a bit of triple option, and all changing every week as we find more stuff these guys can execute. Very freakin' far from a simple "High School" offense, and also how you stay ahead of the argument that goes "just wait 'til there is some game film."