PDA

View Full Version : I am bothered but this

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Why are we not "true" fans when being critical of our team etc

this team deserves to be bashed right now. They suck plain and simple.

It does not mean that we do not love them and want them to win

I hate when some fans say. "you are giving up already" you are a "bandwagon fan" etc.

heck I have been a fan for a long time and this is the most upset Ihave been with Denver in a long time and rightfully so.

aslo please stop with all the this team has talent crap,

I just do not see it

okay I am ready to get flamed :laugh:

BigBroncLove
10-08-2007, 07:32 PM
There have been some references but you are jumping the gun to. Just because a fan doesn't believe in being as negative as some of the others, just because a fan doesn't believe in booing, doesn't mean they think they are a better fan then you. You are putting words into peoples mouths.

Sure, some people have said a few things like that, but don't lump everyone who doesn;t agree in bashing this team into one catagory, jsut like I won't do that to people who see this team in a negative light.

What bothers me is people being so sensative to people looking at the Broncos in a different light. :coffee:

TXBRONC
10-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Well I'll be around with a fire extinguisher should anyone set you ablaze Med. ;)

I don't think it makes anyone less of a fan. I may or may not agree with you but I not going to question your loyalty or for that matter anyone else's.

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys,

Remember I live in Boston as well and have to hear how "great" the Pats are every freakin day. I hope Dallas beat them next week for me just so they wont possibly go undefeated. the obnoxioius fans are getting to me :laugh:

Jody
10-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Constructive feedback on the job.

We all have to accept it or lose our jobs, why are NFL players or teams to be an exception to this?

NFL teams may be a big part of one's heartfelt feelings, but it's "professional" football, not college, not high school, and not peewee.

Once a player hits the NFL, 'the big time', they better have thicker skin, just as any of us have to to accept the feedback, constructive and/or negative, that we may get from our employer.

It's a part of ...... GROWING UP! And if I cried on the job, my reputation would be slaughtered.

Just because I'm supported by my boss or others, does not mean that I don't deserve constructive feedback to improve on the job I perform. There are expectations that go with my salary/wage, I believe NFL players are no different than me earning a wage. Infact, I'd probably expect even more out of myself for a cool $1-million or more a year. :cool:

BroncoWave
10-08-2007, 07:53 PM

I hate when some fans say. "you are giving up already" you are a "bandwagon fan" etc.

heck I have been a fan for a long time and this is the most upset Ihave been with Denver in a long time and rightfully so.

I just do not see it

it's the "i am holier than thou" approach because "i believe in the team and you don't." it's the one thing that i hate about the message boards. people that tell other fans that they aren't true fans or that they are fairweather fans because they criticize or boo the team really need to shut the hell up.

Nomad
10-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Medford, if I cared how people viewed my opinions or me being critical, then why would I come to these message boards. I survived before message boards and was a BRONCOS fan and I don't need a know-it-all behind the scenes telling me how to act or what to think. They can shove it as far as I care.

sneakers
10-08-2007, 08:50 PM
I think a good win in 2 weeks, and we will forget all about this game.

Jody
10-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Medford, if I cared how people viewed my opinions or me being critical, then why would I come to these message boards. I survived before message boards and was a BRONCOS fan and I don't need a know-it-all behind the scenes telling me how to act or what to think. They can shove it as far as I care.

Nomad! I love this side of you! :D

Uncle Buck
10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Med, you can feel the support in most of the responses to your post. If “booing” fans didn’t care—or are indifferent—they wouldn’t bother buying tickets to the game, much less “boo.” Your assessment is right on. And the expectation of excellence is neither indifferent or “spoiled.”

TXBRONC
10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Med, you can feel the support in most of the responses to your post. If “booing” fans didn’t care—or are indifferent—they wouldn’t bother buying tickets to the game, much less “boo.” Your assessment is right on. And the expectation of excellence is neither indifferent or “spoiled.”

I have a somewhat different outlook than Med but I sure respect his opinion.

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 09:42 PM
I have a somewhat different outlook than Med but I sure respect his opinion.

I respect everyones opinion here Uncle Tx and others.

I just try to be realistic and this year it has lead to pessimism.

I want to take something positive but really cant since the 1st half of the Indy game.

with the Henry stuff and yesterdays debacle have made me disenchanted.

but this is only how I feel. I do not want to label anyone.

TXBRONC
10-08-2007, 09:47 PM
I respect everyones opinion here Uncle Tx and others.

I just try to be realistic and this year it has lead to pessimism.

I want to take something positive but really cant since the 1st half of the Indy game.

with the Henry stuff and yesterdays debacle have made me disenchanted.

but this is only how I feel. I do not want to label anyone.

It's completely understandable that you are disenchanted, with everything that has gone on its hard not to let it get you down.

Med I have never thought of you a doom and gloomer type. For some even when things are good they complain but I can't recall you being that kind of poster.

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 09:48 PM
It's completely understandable that you are disenchanted, with everything that has gone on its hard not to let it get you down.

Med I have never thought of you a doom and gloomer type. For some even when things are good they complain but I can't recall you being that kind of poster.

Nah I was pretty happy when we were 13-3 in 05 and beat Gods team in Denver ;) in the playoffs.

Nick
10-08-2007, 09:53 PM

I just do not see it

You should not be flamed but this also goes to a extent. Some people come and go and will bash Broncos but not have a logical support behind it. This is the main reason why I have not been typing in the "main" threads. I do not have to hear about Cutler's Int's and runnback this or that right now. The main problem is special teams and our run D.

You can have the best corners (Broncos) but if you do not stop the run they will open up against any team with TE, FB, RB, and even a WR once in a while. Our run D and special teams is awfull. The worst is that we are aging at saftey and most likly have to replace ferguson and lynch at years end with a very light draft at TE. Light free-agency also at TE (Which was the main reason I wanted Nelson really bad pre-season... well Landry first then Nelson but we all know that was not going to happen)

It is not bad to leave a game that is for entertainment early if they are not entertaining you. They stunk out there but when you have no one to return kicks for you... no one to catch the ball (any one can bash me on this but Marshall has been doing good but who else? Stokley is no #2 WR only a slot and I am happy the started to implement Sheffler back in to passing scheme).

We need a wide reciever really bad which was very very clear for anyone in beggining of the season if you were not blinded by your "favorite" team. I am sure people thought that our rush D might slip do to warren being gone and our OLB situation (webster). We have a new D-cordinater, New players playing with each other, New MLB, and very undersized people in general in comparison to NFL standard offensive line.

On the bright side I see a great future for Cutler and our line has been doing a lot better on pass protection.

This is not all inteded to you Med. We can tell who are fair weather fans. There are also fans that do not like to listen to a lot of this non-sense about that. AFC west teams are terrible all together right now... a 8-8 team most likly will win this division if it keeps going like this. Regardless if we can not do somthing about our front seven. It does not matter if get the division because we would not have success in the playoffs.

Again there is a big extent on bandwagon and giving up on a team.

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 09:58 PM
You should not be flamed but this also goes to a extent. Some people come and go and will bash Broncos but not have a logical support behind it. This is the main reason why I have not been typing in the "main" threads. I do not have to hear about Cutler's Int's and runnback this or that right now. The main problem is special teams and our run D.

You can have the best corners (Broncos) but if you do not stop the run they will open up against any team with TE, FB, RB, and even a WR once in a while. Our run D and special teams is awfull. The worst is that we are aging at saftey and most likly have to replace ferguson and lynch at years end with a very light draft at TE. Light free-agency also at TE (Which was the main reason I wanted Nelson really bad pre-season... well Landry first then Nelson but we all know that was not going to happen)

It is not bad to leave a game that is for entertainment early if they are not entertaining you. They stunk out there but when you have no one to return kicks for you... no one to catch the ball (any one can bash me on this but Marshall has been doing good but who else? Stokley is no #2 WR only a slot and I am happy the started to implement Sheffler back in to passing scheme).

We need a wide reciever really bad which was very very clear for anyone in beggining of the season if you were not blinded by your "favorite" team. I am sure people thought that our rush D might slip do to warren being gone and our OLB situation (webster). We have a new D-cordinater, New players playing with each other, New MLB, and very undersized people in general in comparison to NFL standard offensive line.

On the bright side I see a great future for Cutler and our line has been doing a lot better on pass protection.

This is not all inteded to you Med. We can tell who are fair weather fans. There are also fans that do not like to listen to a lot of this non-sense about that. AFC west teams are terrible all together right now... a 8-8 team most likly will win this division if it keeps going like this. Regardless if we can not do somthing about our front seven. It does not matter if get the division because we would not have success in the playoffs.

Again there is a big extent on bandwagon and giving up on a team.

great post Nick. :salute:

and my take is that I dont ever stop supporting Denver. I just do not think they are that good. that is all.

Its not like I want them to lose. I always want them to win no matter what.

I still watched into the 4th Qtr to see if we would score a td.
I was still not happy when Turner ran for a tD and Cutler threw the ball into the ground on 4th down after the blocked punt etc.

silver_black
10-08-2007, 10:19 PM

I just do not see it

okay how bout an outsiders take. one familiar with losing over the last couple years.

can you still be a fan while criticizing your team? of course! to be honest i think the true fan has the ability to not only point out an identify weaknesses and areas to improve on, but to actually look at their team realistically and say "hey this is where we stand and its not pretty."

the true fans knows his teams ability but continues to be a fan. and yes i think it's perfectly acceptable to boo your team. its still your team, and you're letting them know that the way they are playing is unacceptable.

i think the foolish fan wears blinders and says "don't worry, the coach will fix things" or "we can still win the next 12 games!"

as a Raider fan, i've seen some awful coaching and equally offensive talent over the years and have always been loyal. on some occasions i even questioned whether the team actually deserved my loyalty. think about that. WE are the customers, they are the product. through it all i remained, the quality fans do.

props Medford. the organization is lucky to have a fan like you :salute:

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 10:24 PM
okay how bout an outsiders take. one familiar with losing over the last couple years.

can you still be a fan while criticizing your team? of course! to be honest i think the true fan has the ability to not only point out an identify weaknesses and areas to improve on, but to actually look at their team realistically and say "hey this is where we stand and its not pretty."

the true fans knows his teams ability but continues to be a fan. and yes i think it's perfectly acceptable to boo your team. its still your team, and you're letting them know that the way they are playing is unacceptable.

i think the foolish fan wears blinders and says "don't worry, the coach will fix things" or "we can still win the next 12 games!"

as a Raider fan, i've seen some awful coaching and equally offensive talent over the years and have always been loyal. on some occasions i even questioned whether the team actually deserved my loyalty. think about that. WE are the customers, they are the product. through it all i remained, the quality fans do.

great post silver:salute:

being a Radier fan was like being a Harford Whalers fan for me. I have seen a team move to North Carolina but stuck with them. silver is a great fan for this with Oak and all the Al Davis shennagans but they seem to have gone in the correct direction now. Props to them and siver:beer:

DenBronx
10-08-2007, 10:27 PM
the team has talent

there i said it.

actually this has been my only beef. i think were way more talented on both sides of the ball but still manage to suck. just my opinion guys....alot of pro-bowlers on the defense...yet they look like pop warner.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2007, 10:30 PM
In between the "You're not real fan unless you believe they are the best team in the history of mankind"...fan!

And the "Cut everybody, this team can't beat my high school JV team"...fan!

Personally, I find the two extremes nauseating sometimes, but the fact is there is still 11 games to be played...And I think we should be able to voice our concerns and discuss reasons for optimism (Stop laughing).....

Nick
10-08-2007, 10:36 PM
In between the "You're not real fan unless you believe they are the best team in the history of mankind"...fan!

Personally, I find the two extremes nauseating sometimes, but the fact is there is still 11 games to be played...And I think we should be able to voice our concerns and discuss reasons for optimism (Stop laughing).....

But... tell you it hurts to be the person who realizes in between both scenerios. That is the reason why I have not bet for the Broncos to cover. They look good on paper but the skins always do also.

That is why I picked them and skins in superbowl. I knew that they would be succesful this year.

Those two extremes is mainly the reason why I do not talk to much on the mian thread... rather type about movies I saw and hope they come type of thing.

People need to realize that this team has a lot of holes and learning a new system and having different personal... none the less talking about age situation.

Watch the Bills game it makes me feel a little better :laugh:

CORRECTION: Besides the fact I am losing on my main fantasy football team's team by 5 points and have romo, evans, and Dallas D in

Medford Bronco
10-08-2007, 10:38 PM
But... tell you it hurts to be the person who realizes in between both scenerios. That is the reason why I have not bet for the Broncos to cover. They look good on paper but the skins always do also.

That is why I picked them and skins in superbowl. I knew that they would be succesful this year.

Those two extremes is mainly the reason why I do not talk to much on the mian thread... rather type about movies I saw and hope they come type of thing.

People need to realize that this team has a lot of holes and learning a new system and having different personal... none the less talking about age situation.

Watch the Bills game it makes me feel a little better :laugh:

the Bills game gives me hope for Denver vs Pitt :salute:

Uncle Buck
10-08-2007, 10:54 PM

Amen to Med's response to your post, SB.

Classy post, and the Silver and Black is lucky to have fans like you too. :salute:

Lonestar
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM
When I have stated I did not think this team would do much this year lots of folks got on my case as being negative. When I said preseason that 7-9 was my guess, the insults rained down

And frankly unless something really positive turn around happens my last prediction of 3-13 is not out of the ball park.

.So far I'm not to far off my mark.

This team has a lot of RAW talent on it. lots of rookie type players Jay included although he has a whooping 10 games under his belt.

I remember last year hearing almost in unison this would be a Superbowl year just because Jay was starting the last several games and would be e seasoned vet come this year. I guess many of those prophets have been proven wrong at least as we speak.

I will say it again that the problems this team has are mainly getting the snot beat out of them on the LOS both sides of the ball.

There is enough viable talent at the skills positions if they are allowed to play by those in front of them on the LOS. IMHO

Nick
10-08-2007, 11:25 PM
When I have stated I did not think this team would do much this year lots of folks got on my case as being negative. When I said preseason that 7-9 was my guess, the insults rained down

And frankly unless something really positive turn around happens my last prediction of 3-13 is not out of the ball park.

.So far I'm not to far off my mark.

This team has a lot of RAW talent on it. lots of rookie type players Jay included although he has a whooping 10 games under his belt.

I remember last year hearing almost in unison this would be a Superbowl year just because Jay was starting the last several games and would be e seasoned vet come this year. I guess many of those prophets have been proven wrong at least as we speak.

I will say it again that the problems this team has are mainly getting the snot beat out of them on the LOS both sides of the ball.

There is enough viable talent at the skills positions if they are allowed to play by those in front of them on the LOS. IMHO

I was one of those prophets. I think that is one of my biggest positive outlooks for the team where it is at. There is a lot of oyung talent but also a lot of older talent which is going to support a bigger hit for our team next year. Almost a double wammy. We have a lot of holes but also a new system to keep in mind. People playing new positions (Well DJ) Webster at OLB and Gold have yet to do much for us. We are very very old and with a avg at best (ferguson) at saftey. The biggest reason of the skins are being successful is Landry and Taylor whom are my favorite Safteys and what I believe the best safties in the laegue if i might add.

They would look awfull though if they could not stop the run.

Our main priority as a team goes to front 7 (of course special teams but that is depth) It is a mix of a new system but also less talent and aging players.

Cutler is looking fantastic. Thewre is only so much him and champ can do for this team.

BigBroncLove
10-08-2007, 11:30 PM

This is an excellent post IMO. I do agree. The extremes on both ends are a bit terrible. You can be both positive or negative and be sober about this team, but when you take one end of the spectrum to the extreme, it generally means that whole balanced "sober" view went out the window....

Great post Link :beer: