PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Llyod on Denver's QB situation

catfish
12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
I will leave my personal thoughts out of it....it is what it is

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/12/01/lloyd-broncos-needed-quarterback-clarity/10966/

GEM
12-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I will leave my personal thoughts out of it....it is what it is

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/12/01/lloyd-broncos-needed-quarterback-clarity/10966/

Why don't they ask him a real important question.....Brandon Lloyd, how's your offensive coordinator situation. :laugh:

Dude goes in and kills another offense. Go Mcdickhead.

BroncoNut
12-01-2011, 03:08 PM
ok. so now I understand the 30 catches for Brandon Lloyd. that's one thing I got out of the article.

BroncoBJ
12-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I like Lloyd, but the thing I've always hated about him was that hes too wishy washy. hes like a lot of Bronco fans on here. He changes his opinion about stuff constantly. Hes just back and forth and cant keep his opinion straight. :fight:

jhildebrand
12-01-2011, 03:09 PM
So this is Lloyd's doing? :confused: He told the team to start Tebow and see if he can succeed. :lol:

I am pretty sure he wanted Orton and professed his support for him every chance he got.

A whole lotta "I told you so" from a guy who refused to see the "tebow thing" through. :rolleyes: You were so steadfast in Orton's hanes it wasn't funny.

Hey Brandon, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth! Your actions tell us all we need to know! Gratz on the garbage stats and losing.

BroncoNut
12-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I like Lloyd, but the thing I've always hated about him was that hes too wishy washy. hes like a lot of Bronco fans on here. He changes his opinion about stuff constantly. Hes just back and forth and cant keep his opinion straight. :fight:

am I like that? Have you noticed?

catfish
12-01-2011, 03:11 PM
So this is Lloyd's doing? :confused:

A whole lotta "I told you so" from a guy who refused to see the "tebow thing" through. :rolleyes: You were so steadfast in Orton's hanes it wasn't funny.

Hey Brandon, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth! Your actions tell us all we need to know! Gratz on the garbage stats and losing.

I was going to stay out of the conversation, but since you brought it up I do find it funny that at first it was Lloyd demanded a trade because Tebow can't throw, and now it is Lloyd just wanted Tebow the whole time

BroncoNut
12-01-2011, 03:18 PM
I was going to stay out of the conversation, but since you brought it up I do find it funny that at first it was Lloyd demanded a trade because Tebow can't throw, and now it is Lloyd just wanted Tebow the whole time

yeah, I was gonna say, it sounds like Lloyd was bitter in saying that they should've started Tebow a long time ago (basically). Hard to tell from an article. He seems like a prima donna but kinda have to be if you're a wr.

Slick
12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
He can't block for shit. I don't think Fox was a huge fan of his.

He is also the master of making a routine catch look harder than it really was.

You can't see me.

In all seriousness, he had one hell of year last year, but I think it was an anomaly. We'll see.

I'm curious to see what kind of contract offer he gets after this season.

GEM
12-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Lloyd...go catch some balls and shut up. Dude talks a lot for only having 1 good season out of 9. If he spent the first 8 years of his career catching balls like he runs his mouth, maybe he wouldn't be depending on his last contract to earn the bulk of his NFL salary.

BroncoNut
12-01-2011, 03:23 PM
He can't block for shit. I don't think Fox was a huge fan of his.

He is also the master of making a routine catch look harder than it really was.

You can't see me.

In all seriousness, he had one hell of year last year, but I think it was an anomaly. We'll see.

I'm curious to see what kind of contract offer he gets after this season.

You sound a little bit jealous to tell you the truth

karnage
12-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Lloyd doesn't care about winning...he wanted an offense that will throw it his way 50x a game so he can lock down a contract....he's on a 2 win team and he's happy....he could have kept him mouth shut and stayed....sure his catches would have gone down, but he would be the one catching all those deep passes down the field making highlight reels...and probably still have a high number of TD catches to take with him to free agency....

jhildebrand
12-01-2011, 03:25 PM
If Lloyd wanted this so bad then he would have no problem coming back to Denver....right? :rolleyes:

If Lloyd wanted this so bad he would have gone to FL to keep working out with Teebs...right? :rolleyes:

The guy is doing the Hoge. He is using Teeb's name to get his in the light.

GEM
12-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Lloyd doesn't care about winning...he wanted an offense that will throw it his way 50x a game so he can lock down a contract....he's on a 2 win team and he's happy....he could have kept him mouth shut and stayed....sure his catches would have gone down, but he would be the one catching all those deep passes down the field making highlight reels...and probably still have a high number of TD catches to take with him to free agency....

Yep....Decker is 4th in the league in TD catches.....nice going, Lloyd!

Jsteve01
12-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Wow, is it mandatory that we hate anyone that's been traded? All I got from this is that Brandon wanted them to choose a direction and stick to it. He was vocally supportive of Tebow in the offseason when it sounded like the team was his. But the guy had a good rapport with Orton and likes him. Does that make him a bad person? You guys take this stuff waaaay too seriously.

GEM
12-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow, is it mandatory that we hate anyone that's been traded? All I got from this is that Brandon wanted them to choose a direction and stick to it. He was vocally supportive of Tebow in the offseason when it sounded like the team was his. But the guy had a good rapport with Orton and likes him. Does that make him a bad person? You guys take this stuff waaaay too seriously.

Probably do. :laugh: He's not a Bronco, why does he even need to chime in? To get his name in the lime light because the team he's on sucks and he's looking for the pay day.

catfish
12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Probably do. :laugh: He's not a Bronco, why does he even need to chime in? To get his name in the lime light because the team he's on sucks and he's looking for the pay day.

to be fair I think he was asked a question that pointed him in that direction(a more full interview is linked in the article) the only reason I would want him back here is that I think Decker could be a much more effective weapon if he was not the focus of the passing game. I think Lloyd being here would open Decker a lot more...other than that have fun in St. Louis

Slick
12-01-2011, 03:52 PM
You sound a little bit jealous to tell you the truth

I may have sounded like an a hole but jealous?

No nut.

Watchthemiddle
12-01-2011, 03:55 PM

Yup...remember at the start of camp when Lloyd was interviewed he said Tim would do great and wherever Orton landed he will do great also. This was when it was believed that Tim would be the starter and Orton was traded. Then he changed his toon later on and now he is with the Rams...:laugh:

BORDERLINE
12-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Lloyd had said he was mentally prepared to play with Tebow at QB at the start at camp. I also wished we would have went head first with Tebow this season. Lose or win we where gonna see what we had at QB but somehow Orton practiced like a legend and took the starting job.

I still believe letting Lloyd go for a 5th round pick was a mistake. He could literally take the top off the defense plus make those amazing catches. A 5th round pick might be a diamond in the ruff but it can also be player you cut in the second week of camp. We know what we had with Lloyd and if he asked for a trade so be it but it doesn't mean we had to trade him. It's whatever now

karnage
12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Lloyd is a lot like the common octopus...

He can bend into any shape, and still grab anything..
He can change his colors at the slightest bit of shift in the wind.....
Octopus' have ink jets and he has the can't see me wave
They both have a shelf life of about 2 years...

dogfish
12-01-2011, 04:18 PM
I may have sounded like an a hole but jealous?

No nut.

just ignore nut when he begs for attention outside the lounge. . .

as for lloyd. . . man, i can't tell you guys how glad i am that ****ing weasel is gone, and i can go back to flat-out disliking him instead of reluctantly rooting for him. . .

once brady quinn's gone in a few games, all the mcdaniels-era trash will have been taken out at last! well, maybe not knowshon. . . .

jhildebrand
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
well, maybe not knowshon. . . .

There is no way Knowshon sticks around. This current regime wanted nothing more than Knowshon to steal the show. They gave him opportunity after opportunity.

He is a goner.

GEM
12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Broncos are in stage 2 of recovery.

Stage 1....admitting McDaniels was an issue and firing his Napoleon ass.

Stage 2....remove the constant reminders of said problem.

Stage 3....draft some more talent.

Stage 4....Super Bowl baby!

MOtorboat
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Is he wrong?

BroncoNut
12-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Is he wrong?

I didn't see where he was.

dogfish
12-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Is he wrong?

"No, you're not wrong, Walter. . . you're just an azzhole!"

Northman
12-01-2011, 05:05 PM

Yep.

Frankly for me, i never cared for the guy but once Orton got benched he was quick to depart as he saw his numbers going down. But, he seems quite happy with just the stats vs the wins so im actually glad he is gone.

rationalfan
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
He's not a Bronco, why does he even need to chime in?

the same could be said for every single person on this board. and going on your logic, lloyd has more right to speak about the broncos because he has been a bronco - unlike everyone on this board.

the "don't criticize us from the outside" mentality gets really irritating to me, especially when we're all on the outside of the broncos organization.

again, no offense to anyone in particular. i just don't agree with the mindset.

silkamilkamonico
12-01-2011, 05:25 PM

Why should he have seen the Tebow thing through? It would have cost him millions of dollars. Like him or hate him, he did the absolute right thing for his career, no doubt.

catfish
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
the same could be said for every single person on this board. and going on your logic, lloyd has more right to speak about the broncos because he has been a bronco - unlike everyone on this board.

the "don't criticize us from the outside" mentality gets really irritating to me, especially when we're all on the outside of the broncos organization.

again, no offense to anyone in particular. i just don't agree with the mindset.

one could argue that the fans are the most important part of the organization

Dzone
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Loyd is just trying to kiss Mcdaniels ass

horsepig
12-01-2011, 06:49 PM

Amen, brother.

jhildebrand
12-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Why should he have seen the Tebow thing through? It would have cost him millions of dollars. Like him or hate him, he did the absolute right thing for his career, no doubt.

No one is saying he wasn't looking out for numero uno. I also don't believe he should have done anything BUT look out for himself. This is his last, best chance at a BIG contract. Of course he is going to take that.

However, I will chastise the double talk and call him out for it. If he felt so strongly about Tebow and knowing the success would be there, why not see it through. It is hard to argue it would have hurt him financially. The guy would have been seen as a team player a guy who can help a young QB. Let's also not forget how his numbers didn't drop off that much in the 3 games Tebow started last year. I guess I just feel like his contract will be about the same whether he went to St Lou or stayed here.

So...again...this is about him talking out of both sides of his mout, directly contradicting previous comments and actions, and using Tebow to advance himself.

chazoe60
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Anybody else think Lloyd kinda sounds like a twink?

Not only does he play for the other team now but he plays for the OTHER TEAM.

horsepig
12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Man, I just ******* hate to see exceptional talent walk. Seems like we've had wat too much of that lately.

This would be a much more dangerous offense with Lloyd here. I could care less about whatever he says in random interviews.

Joel
12-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Wow, is it mandatory that we hate anyone that's been traded?
Yeah, pretty much. Call it "sellers remorse." When we trade a guy away, however good he was or wasn't, we're not getting any more production for him. In Lloyds case we didn't even get a decent pick; now that he's met the "conditions" on it the pick we got has been UPGRADED to a fifth rounder. From a team like the Rams even a third rounder would be pretty good, but a fifth? That's just one more warm body to collect at the end of the draft while the janitors, most of whom would be about as good as him, wait to sweep up the place. At least with the Cutler trade we got a lot of good picks; with Lloyd we but bupkis.

Pretty much the only way to make a trade like that go down easy is convince yourself the guy's either a crappy player, a crappy person, or both. Doesn't make it true, but it prevents having to admit the FO just made your team significantly worse than it was.

Lloyd had said he was mentally prepared to play with Tebow at QB at the start at camp. I also wished we would have went head first with Tebow this season. Lose or win we where gonna see what we had at QB but somehow Orton practiced like a legend and took the starting job.

I still believe letting Lloyd go for a 5th round pick was a mistake. He could literally take the top off the defense plus make those amazing catches. A 5th round pick might be a diamond in the ruff but it can also be player you cut in the second week of camp. We know what we had with Lloyd and if he asked for a trade so be it but it doesn't mean we had to trade him. It's whatever now
Agree on both points, the first of which was Lloyds and something a lot of people here were saying at the start of the season, so it shouldn't shock anyone that he's admitting it now. Back then he wasn't going to tell the press he thought the FO was leaving the offense in limbo about their field general; that would not have helped his popularity with the guys that already disliked him enough to trade him for some pogs and a piece of chewed gum. Scuttlebutt, as I'm sure you're aware, was that Lloyd wanted a lot more money next year than we were willing to pay, so we got what we could for him, but I think most observers agree what we mostly got was robbed.

We could certainly use him in this playoff run in which we've suddenly found ourselves down the stretch. Speaking of which, remember when Tebow was on the bench BECAUSE we were trying for the playoffs? We were in limbo, not because the coaches were so in love with Orton, but because Tebow and Quinn hadn't shown them anything and they were trying to get to the postseason any way they could with the guys who looked like they gave us the best chance to do that. I understand the logic that says put Tebow out there and remove the question marks, but coaches rarely do that at the start of the season; it's when the season has gone down the tubes that they start rolling the dice and taking desperate gambles, and that Tebow seems to be paying off doesn't make starting him in Ortons place any less desperate. Tom Brady paid off, too, but we all know Belichick wet himself when he saw Bledsoe drop.

Northman
12-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Man, I just ******* hate to see exceptional talent walk. Seems like we've had wat too much of that lately.

This would be a much more dangerous offense with Lloyd here. I could care less about whatever he says in random interviews.

Well, for starters one good year doesnt make you exceptional. Secondly, the guy wanted out so if you have a beef it should be with him for wanting to leave.

TXBRONC
12-01-2011, 09:03 PM
So this is Lloyd's doing? :confused: He told the team to start Tebow and see if he can succeed. :lol:

I am pretty sure he wanted Orton and professed his support for him every chance he got.

He flipped around. He did says back about the time Orton was on the trading block something to the effect Tebow should get a chance to start. Then after Orton solidified himself as the starter he gushed about how Orton is terrfic quarterback.

Also there are the rumors that Lloyd is the "source close to situation" that said Tebow is seen as the third best quarterback on the team.

bcbronc
12-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't call Lloyd an "exceptional" talent, but he is a good #2 WR that can bail out a QB. There's no arguing we wouldn't be a better team right now with a B.Lloyd in the line up instead of a 5th round draft pick. I still think the trade was the right move to make though.

At the time of the trade no one was predicting we'd be 6-5 and in the thick of things. But as is, we're winning games AND we've got an extra pick. We're still a team with plenty of personnel holes, both in the starting 22 and in the depth, so extra picks are always welcome. Gravy is it gets our younger WRs additional playing time so we can evaluate the position before the draft.

It's a bit of an NHL move, every year the teams out of the playoffs move vets with expiring contracts to playoff teams in exchange for picks and prospects.

rcsodak
12-01-2011, 11:29 PM
I heard multiple interviews of his on sirius nfl.
He never said a bad word about either qb.
Just the opposite.

When orton was on the block, he called him the smartest qb he'd ever been around, and a good guy. And that he'd be fine wherever he landed.
When TT was brought up, he talked highly of him as well.

Frankly, if i was a wr, i'd speak highly of my qb's too, knowing either could be throwing the ball at any given time.

Brandon's never been called dumb.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rationalfan
12-01-2011, 11:43 PM
one could argue that the fans are the most important part of the organization[/QUOTE]

This coming from a fan.

tomjonesrocks
12-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Haters gonna hate. We're going to criticize Lloyd for only having ONE stellar season for the team? How many absolute pieces of shit that haven't produced dick roll through here?

And do we even have absolute proof Lloyd asked for a trade? Seems to me the team was CHEAP ( as usual) knew they weren't going to pay him and shipped him off for nothing.

Other than his loyalty to Orton (hardly that big of a deal compared to the antics of many other top-tier doychebag receivers out there) I don't know what fans' problem with this guy is. He played his heart out for the Broncos.

His TD dance sucks. Will concede that steaming pile is embarrassing.

I Eat Staples
12-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Well, for starters one good year doesnt make you exceptional. Secondly, the guy wanted out so if you have a beef it should be with him for wanting to leave.

Not to mention, he wasn't going to sign with us for anything less than a huge salary, which we weren't going to offer. He probably wouldn't even want to play for a run first team.

People don't understand that we were going to lose him anyway and a 5th round pick is better than nothing.

BORDERLINE
12-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Not to mention, he wasn't going to sign with us for anything less than a huge salary, which we weren't going to offer. He probably wouldn't even want to play for a run first team.

People don't understand that we were going to lose him anyway and a 5th round pick is better than nothing.

How do you know another team would have thrown large sacks of cash at him? I see him in the same picture as Braylon Edwards there was talk about him or Holmes this offseason. Obviously Holmes got the deal Braylon was left to find a temporary home and the 49ers got him on the cheap. Sims Walker got a better deal in St. Louis and was cut mid year.

Now let's say Lloyd wanted to walk after this year there was no guarantees he was gonna rake in big bucks. A modest salary sure but not Fitz/Marshall numbers. So maybe we could have made an attempt to keep him. A pro-bowl WR with solid hands and big play ability > 5th round pick. Who knows maybe he would have liked to win.

But it's water under the bridge, with the 5th round pick I say go WR maybe we get good KARMA

Northman
12-02-2011, 12:49 AM
We're going to criticize Lloyd for only having ONE stellar season for the team?

Seems to me the team was CHEAP ( as usual) knew they weren't going to pay him and shipped him off for nothing.

So, your on record saying we should of thrown a shitload of money to a guy who has only produced one year at a elite level? All that coming off a pass happy offense where the stats were inflated in garbage time? Really? :lol:

Northman
12-02-2011, 12:58 AM

No probability about it.

Lloyd's request for a trade — he was dealt Monday to the Rams — essentially came because the Broncos will be relying more on their running game and on shorter throws in their passing game now that Tim Tebow is the 1-4 team's starting quarterback.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19132999

"I'm not going to completely dismiss that," Lloyd said. "But No. 1 was how I was being used on the field. No. 2 was the contract. I wanted to be appreciated, and the way teams show their appreciation to a player in this business is to pay them accordingly."

The Broncos offered him a two-year extension with a guarantee payable in February, but it was below Lloyd's asking price. So, the two sides mutually agreed to part ways.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19135624

Northman
12-02-2011, 01:01 AM
How do you know another team would have thrown large sacks of cash at him? I see him in the same picture as Braylon Edwards there was talk about him or Holmes this offseason. Obviously Holmes got the deal Braylon was left to find a temporary home and the 49ers got him on the cheap. Sims Walker got a better deal in St. Louis and was cut mid year.

Now let's say Lloyd wanted to walk after this year there was no guarantees he was gonna rake in big bucks. A modest salary sure but not Fitz/Marshall numbers. So maybe we could have made an attempt to keep him. A pro-bowl WR with solid hands and big play ability > 5th round pick. Who knows maybe he would have liked to win.

But it's water under the bridge, with the 5th round pick I say go WR maybe we get good KARMA

See my last post, dude didnt want to be here. Why keep a disgruntled player on the team who didnt want to be there?

BORDERLINE
12-02-2011, 01:20 AM
See my last post, dude didnt want to be here. Why keep a disgruntled player on the team who didnt want to be there?

yeah I know what your talking about, but where does it say you need to trade him. Being disgruntled does not give you a ticket out of town. Who knows after a couple of wins he might have come around.

Northman
12-02-2011, 01:40 AM
yeah I know what your talking about, but where does it say you need to trade him. Being disgruntled does not give you a ticket out of town. Who knows after a couple of wins he might have come around.

I highly doubt it. When you read the quotes that Brandon puts out there he wants to get paid. No way Denver is going to go all Brian Griese again and pay a guy for just one year of service. I mean unfortuantely for Lloyd already this year Eric Decker is outperforming him not only in yards but double the TD catches. While i know that Lloyd is 30 and wants to make his millions based off of just one years performance i would rather it not be Denver that takes that risk.

catfish
12-02-2011, 07:12 AM
one could argue that the fans are the most important part of the organization

This coming from a fan.[/QUOTE]

lose the gm/coach players the team still exists, lose the fans the team dies

Chef Zambini
12-02-2011, 10:28 AM
lloyd, I dont care about his opinion as much as I care about his TALENT.
he has PLENTY of it and we sure could use it for the remainder of our season! TEBOW could use it, but alas EFX was more intersted in saving coin than winning!
EFX tried to trade the guy they considered their best QB, from the very start! when they FAILED they STARTED the guy they tried to TRADE !
WTF does that tell you about their comitment to winning this year and their commitment to TEBOW?

nevermind LLOYDS motives, he's toast.
the motives of EFX for this year should be the concern of every bronco fan!

Our PLAYERS are winning in spite of the efforts and desires of the front office, EFX !

BroncoJoe
12-02-2011, 10:36 AM
he has PLENTY of it and we sure could use it for the remainder of our season! TEBOW could use it, but alas EFX was more intersted in saving coin than winning!
EFX tried to trade the guy they considered their best QB, from the very start! when they FAILED they STARTED the guy they tried to TRADE !
WTF does that tell you about their comitment to winning this year and their commitment to TEBOW?

Our PLAYERS are winning in spite of the efforts and desires of the front office, EFX !

Dear God in Heaven help us. Zam is here.

Pudge
12-02-2011, 10:40 AM
A team not committed to winning, that has won five out of six games?

MOtorboat
12-02-2011, 10:44 AM
:D

Zam is officially here.

Dreadnought
12-02-2011, 10:46 AM

That is simply absurd. Lloyd is a career mediocrity with a dodgy work ethic, and we don't miss him or need him. Nor do I care what he thinks. As for the motives of EFX?! Are you channeling Jagsbch now? Good lord.

A team not committed to winning, that has won five out of six games?

Exactly. Well said

rationalfan
12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
This coming from a fan.

lose the gm/coach players the team still exists, lose the fans the team dies[/QUOTE]

not necessarily. the scope may change, but the team doesn't require fans to exist. it requires fans to increase revenue. but, technically, a team doesn't need millions/billions of dollars in revenue to exist. it only needs players committed to performing. fans are simply an economic boon.

think about it like this; many, many people would play pro football for $65k a year and benefits even if nobody showed up to the games. it's better than working a cubicle. it's better than working construction. and with that, a team would exist. even without fans.

granted, fans are an important part of the NFL's equation. but they're not the reason there is football. they're the reason football has the large scope that it does. that's great for all parties. but i roll my eyes at the fans who inflate their self importance to the point that they feel they're the reason for the existence of the NFL.

as for Lloyd; it's all moot now. the guy can say whatever he wants. we all do.

Thnikkaman
12-02-2011, 11:21 AM

Glad I bought stock in tin foil hats.

BORDERLINE
12-02-2011, 11:48 AM
I highly doubt it. When you read the quotes that Brandon puts out there he wants to get paid. No way Denver is going to go all Brian Griese again and pay a guy for just one year of service. I mean unfortuantely for Lloyd already this year Eric Decker is outperforming him not only in yards but double the TD catches. While i know that Lloyd is 30 and wants to make his millions based off of just one years performance i would rather it not be Denver that takes that risk.

Yeah i'm sure he still wants to be paid but I don't believe he is gonna get that huge contact people think he is gonna get. I'm not sure how much cash the Broncos could have offered him but, if it was remotely close to another teams offer, maybe he would have stayed. Who knows

jhildebrand
12-02-2011, 12:42 PM
lloyd, I dont care about his opinion as much as I care about his TALENT. he has PLENTY of it and we sure could use it for the remainder of our season! TEBOW could use it

I could ride with this. I would also suggest that Lloyd would probably have brought a comp pick higher than the 5th we will get from the Rams. It probably would have been a late 4th. But hey, dude was being a cancer and the best treatment for cancer is to catch it early!

I don't know. They changed an entire offense mid season to accomodate one player, albeit the most important position on the field, if that isn't a commitment to trying to win, then I don't know what is.

If this team truly cared about tanking they could have and would have. We all know Elway's Bromance for Luck. He could have orchestrated the continued suckage. It didn't happen. I guess I don't think there is a lot to support this argument you are making.

Northman
12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah i'm sure he still wants to be paid but I don't believe he is gonna get that huge contact people think he is gonna get. I'm not sure how much cash the Broncos could have offered him but, if it was remotely close to another teams offer, maybe he would have stayed. Who knows

Maybe, but the dilemma for Denver a few weeks ago was one of two things,

1) Do you pay Brandon to keep him on the team, or

2) Trade him and get what you can since he may walk at the end of the year anyway and we get nothing.

The thing is Brandon saw that the offensive gameplan was going to be more run oriented which means his looks in the passing game would of diminished. Not only would the Broncos notice the decline but other teams around the league too. Brandon says all the right things but i know he is pissed because he was hoping for a huge contract and if the offense your in isnt getting you the ball than the dollar signs start going away. Not sure if going to St. Louis this year was a better option for him but he at least knew the QB there was more pass oriented than Tebow.

Ravage!!!
12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I personally don't think Lloyd was worth the big money that he would be demanding. I get that he may have been the most explosive on the team, but that doesn't mean he's a top WR like he believes. He had ONE good year out of 8.

GEM
12-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Glad I bought stock in tin foil hats.

Whooooa!!! You are going to be rich, Thnik!!! Around here, those are plentiful and always in need!!!:D

GEM
12-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Decker is 4th in the NFL in TD catches.

Brandon Lloyd who?

You can't see me....don't need to, you aren't that much missed.

BroncoNut
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Decker is 4th in the NFL in TD catches.

Brandon Lloyd who?

You can't see me....don't need to, you aren't that much missed.

You can swing from Deckers nutsacks all day, but brandon Lloyd is a premier reciever.

GEM
12-02-2011, 01:23 PM
You can swing from Deckers nutsacks all day, but brandon Lloyd is a premier reciever.

He has ONE nutsack nut, not 2. ;) You should teach him how to wear a pair of moose knuckles...I would thoroughly enjoy that.

Lloyd is a 1 year wonder who has not EARNED the type of pay day he is seeking. Hell, Ashley Lelie had a great year once...should we have paid him? Javon Walker? This could go on awhile of guys who had one good year and disappeared from the league.

Talk about swinging from a nutsack.....detach yourself from Lloyd's. ;)

You obviously missed the point of bringing up Decker being #4 in the league.....it means we moved along and didn't exactly need Lloyd like many thought we were going to need to....and Mr. Big Head Brandon who thought he wasn't going to get in the limelight to get his contract could have still had decent numbers...where it counts...points on the board to help the TEAM win.

BroncoNut
12-02-2011, 01:38 PM
He has ONE nutsack nut, not 2. ;) You should teach him how to wear a pair of moose knuckles...I would thoroughly enjoy that.

Lloyd is a 1 year wonder who has not EARNED the type of pay day he is seeking. Hell, Ashley Lelie had a great year once...should we have paid him? Javon Walker? This could go on awhile of guys who had one good year and disappeared from the league.

Talk about swinging from a nutsack.....detach yourself from Lloyd's. ;)

You obviously missed the point of bringing up Decker being #4 in the league.....it means we moved along and didn't exactly need Lloyd like many thought we were going to need to....and Mr. Big Head Brandon who thought he wasn't going to get in the limelight to get his contract could have still had decent numbers...where it counts...points on the board to help the TEAM win.

ah, I just like to use the "swinging from ____'s nutsack. I just like the phrase. I'm sure Decker is very good. I have to stand by my man Lloyd though.

GEM
12-02-2011, 01:40 PM
ah, I just like to use the "swinging from ____'s nutsack. I just like the phrase. I'm sure Decker is very good. I have to stand by my man Lloyd though.

I think that belongs in the fa**** thread in the lounge.

BroncoNut
12-02-2011, 01:41 PM
I think that belongs in the fa**** thread in the lounge.

ah, I don't know about that. the first time I heard it was from Hoe and it just cracked me up.

dogfish
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Dear God in Heaven help us. Zam is here.

:D

Zam is officially here.

so he's basically some sort of poor man's JR wiz?

dogfish
12-02-2011, 02:44 PM

you wouldn't know a premiere receiver if one gave you a rusty trombone. . .

:welcome:

Jsteve01
12-02-2011, 02:52 PM
so he's basically some sort of poor man's JR wiz?

Contrary to what Tink and some of the other former freaks might tell you, zam is a great guy who's passionate about his Broncos. A little off his rocker sometimes but he's fun and he's the best cook on this board.

Northman
12-02-2011, 03:02 PM
A little off his rocker sometimes

I would agree with this. He's pretty far out there in his views from what i remember at the freak.

BroncoNut
12-02-2011, 03:18 PM
you wouldn't know a premiere receiver if one gave you a rusty trombone. . .

:welcome:

I know alot more than I let on you

BroncoNut
12-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I would agree with this. He's pretty far out there in his views from what i remember at the freak.

North, were you a Freak when I joined? Do you remember? Did you come over here with the refugees?

Northman
12-02-2011, 03:30 PM
North, were you a Freak when I joined? Do you remember? Did you come over here with the refugees?

Nah, i went there about a year or so ago to check it out. There was some cool cats over there but it wasnt very active. I originated from the ESPN boards than in 2003 found the Orangemane. Eventually i migrated to this board when i found it in 2007 or 2008.

dogfish
12-02-2011, 04:28 PM

north was a freak far before that website was ever thought of. . . .

horsepig
12-02-2011, 08:25 PM

You don't think Lloyd established himslef as an exceptional talent last year? What the hell does he have to do, jump ovwer the stadium?

Northman
12-02-2011, 08:29 PM
You don't think Lloyd established himslef as an exceptional talent last year? What the hell does he have to do, jump ovwer the stadium?

I dont think so, i think he benefitted greatly from a pass heavy offense in games where we were behind and his stats got inflated much like Orton's. Unfortuantely at this stage calling Lloyd an elite talent is the same as calling Orton one. Unless of course you think Orton is elite talent and if that is the case then we dont have much to talk about. Sorry, no way i waste a shitload of money on a guy who just has one stat heavy year out of 9. Nope. Thats bad money management my friend.

bcbronc
12-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I dont think so, i think he benefitted greatly from a pass heavy offense in games where we were behind and his stats got inflated much like Orton's. Unfortuantely at this stage calling Lloyd an elite talent is the same as calling Orton one. Unless of course you think Orton is elite talent and if that is the case then we dont have much to talk about. Sorry, no way i waste a shitload of money on a guy who just has one stat heavy year out of 9. Nope. Thats bad money management my friend.

When did Orton finish the season ranked #1 in passing yards? I mean I wouldn't call Lloyd elite either but he's a heck of a lot better than the career back up scrub named Kyle orton.

Northman
12-02-2011, 10:20 PM
When did Orton finish the season ranked #1 in passing yards? I mean I wouldn't call Lloyd elite either but he's a heck of a lot better than the career back up scrub named Kyle orton.

:lol::lol::lol:

Um ok.

Medford Bronco
12-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Why don't they ask him a real important question.....Brandon Lloyd, how's your offensive coordinator situation. :laugh:

Dude goes in and kills another offense. Go Mcdickhead.

Best Post Eva :salute::salute::salute::salute:

How does the Rams offense get worse when Bradford has more experience.

Right the curse of Joshy the Fraud.....Most overrated stiff sucky coach ever.....
He should be a HS coach. That is what his skill set is.

Chef Zambini
12-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah, pretty much. Call it "sellers remorse." When we trade a guy away, however good he was or wasn't, we're not getting any more production for him. In Lloyds case we didn't even get a decent pick; now that he's met the "conditions" on it the pick we got has been UPGRADED to a fifth rounder. From a team like the Rams even a third rounder would be pretty good, but a fifth? That's just one more warm body to collect at the end of the draft while the janitors, most of whom would be about as good as him, wait to sweep up the place. At least with the Cutler trade we got a lot of good picks; with Lloyd we but bupkis.

Pretty much the only way to make a trade like that go down easy is convince yourself the guy's either a crappy player, a crappy person, or both. Doesn't make it true, but it prevents having to admit the FO just made your team significantly worse than it was.

Agree on both points, the first of which was Lloyds and something a lot of people here were saying at the start of the season, so it shouldn't shock anyone that he's admitting it now. Back then he wasn't going to tell the press he thought the FO was leaving the offense in limbo about their field general; that would not have helped his popularity with the guys that already disliked him enough to trade him for some pogs and a piece of chewed gum. Scuttlebutt, as I'm sure you're aware, was that Lloyd wanted a lot more money next year than we were willing to pay, so we got what we could for him, but I think most observers agree what we mostly got was robbed.

We could certainly use him in this playoff run in which we've suddenly found ourselves down the stretch. Speaking of which, remember when Tebow was on the bench BECAUSE we were trying for the playoffs? We were in limbo, not because the coaches were so in love with Orton, but because Tebow and Quinn hadn't shown them anything and they were trying to get to the postseason any way they could with the guys who looked like they gave us the best chance to do that. I understand the logic that says put Tebow out there and remove the question marks, but coaches rarely do that at the start of the season; it's when the season has gone down the tubes that they start rolling the dice and taking desperate gambles, and that Tebow seems to be paying off doesn't make starting him in Ortons place any less desperate. Tom Brady paid off, too, but we all know Belichick wet himself when he saw Bledsoe drop.EFX considered ORTON their best QB before the start of the season; FACT.
they trtied to TRADE their best QB before the season started; FACT.
you have to ask yourself WHY they would do that if they actually WANTED to win this year.
EFX wanteds to LOSE!
tyhey tradeds away their most reliable WR their most aytalented receiver and they started a QB they tried to trade then a kid they showed no faith in.
EFX wanted to lose to get luck!
TEBOW is not following the script.

Dreadnought
12-03-2011, 02:31 PM
EFX wanteds to LOSE!
tyhey tradeds away their most reliable WR their most aytalented receiver and they started a QB they tried to trade then a kid they showed no faith in.

No. Incorrect. Your post reads like 2+3 = asparagus

dogfish
12-03-2011, 02:32 PM
No. Incorrect

is he really that dumb, or just desperate for attention?

getlynched47
12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey Lloyd, shut the hell up. TIA

MOtorboat
12-03-2011, 03:49 PM
is he really that dumb, or just desperate for attention?

Just wait until Fox has something in his gameplan he disagrees with...

Joel
12-03-2011, 07:24 PM
EFX considered ORTON their best QB before the start of the season; FACT.
they trtied to TRADE their best QB before the season started; FACT.
you have to ask yourself WHY they would do that if they actually WANTED to win this year.
EFX wanteds to LOSE!
I don't know it was as simple as "suck for Luck," 'cos that always seemed... well, I don't know to say what I thought of that without offending "suck for Luck" advocates. Suffice it to say that as quick as people are to point to the QB when a team is losing, that does not mean it is always or even often the explanation.

I might buy the notion EFX intended to tank the season for a high draft position generally; two seasons drafting in the top five could turn a lot of teams around in a hurry, especially if we got decent trade value for our starting QB. With the #2 pick this year, two more in the top 50 and another at 67, plus picks next year at or above 5th, 37th and 69th, plus Miamis second rounder (for Marshall) and another couple for Orton we would be likely to get 2 Von-Miller-like players plus 4±1 quality starters and 3±1 depth players by the start of next year. That would make a HUGE difference on any team.

We could put Tebow out on the field this entire season and know by the end of it whether to spend one of those picks on one of the many highly touted QBs next year or a potential Pro Bowler at another spot where we desperately need help (e.g. G, CB or, at this point, WR.) Either way we get a couple Von Millers, 3-5 Eric Deckers and 2-4 Rahim Moores to make us a perennial playoff contender just two years after going 4-12. That is not a bad formula for success, you have to admit. Add to that the fact everyone but Xanders is in their first year with low expectations are and the temptation to take a Mulligan would have to be pretty strong.

It is kind of annoying to think a front office might finally have had the wisdom and bravery to take the hit for a year in exchange for long term success only to have a talented team screw it up, but I guess that's just one more argument against that approach. We'll just have to suffer through our improbably playoff run and make the most of our 3 top 50 picks and all the rest next year. :tongue:

chazoe60
12-03-2011, 08:51 PM
I don't think the chef is cooking with a full cupboard.

I also don't think he's cooking food, he's a different kind of chef.

rcsodak
12-04-2011, 02:03 AM

How many games in a row does he have a TD for a bad St Louis team?