PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Vikings flexed from CBS to Fox.

DenBronx
12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2011, 7:52 AM EST

Getty Images
The late-season procedures for sliding games from Sunday afternoon to Sunday evening has gone pretty smoothly since the league implemented the policy in 2006. This weekend, the swapping out of the Colts-Patriots game on Sunday night has created an unprecedented change in NFL programming.

The league’s Sunday afternoon broadcast formula consists of FOX televising games between NFC teams and CBS televising games between AFC teams. As to interconference games, the network handling the visiting team’s conference airs the contest.

That won’t happen in Week 13. The Broncos-Vikings game in Minnesota has been shifted from CBS to FOX.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/01/flexible-schedule-flexes-broncos-vikings-from-cbs-to-fox/

GEM
12-01-2011, 01:23 PM
That's just ******* great. Fox's broadcast absolutely sucks as far as picture quality. :mad:

BroncoStud
12-01-2011, 01:30 PM
National game baby! Maybe if the Colts weren't tanking for Luck this would never have happened.

DenBronx
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
National game baby! Maybe if the Colts weren't tanking for Luck this would never have happened.

Yeah the Colts record and minus Manning is what did it but still shocked because their still playing the Pats.

No doubt that Tebowmania has really got this team national attention though. We all know no one gives a crap about the Vikings and no way this happens with Kyle Orton as our QB.

bcbronc
12-01-2011, 01:40 PM
That's just ******* great. Fox's broadcast absolutely sucks as far as picture quality. :mad:

Boo freakin boo.

Signed,

All out of region fans who would have been watching on some crappy internet stream.

GEM
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Boo freakin boo.

Signed,

All out of region fans who would have been watching on some crappy internet stream.

So move to Colorado. ;)

You'll see every game, every week.

Boo freakin boo.

Signed,

If you want to watch it live, move here. Until then...don't bitch about some crappy internet stream. :D

rcsodak
12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
CBS' sound quality is shit. I'll take Fox anyday.

Signed,

Boonannyboo.

;')

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

underrated29
12-01-2011, 01:59 PM
So we got flexed to the late game? Man, we need Von Miller to get playing. I do not think he plays this week but we need him. It will really help us A) win the game because I still dont like this game and B) help cement his DROTY award when the entire country can watch him OWN!

DenBronx
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
So move to Colorado. ;)

Boo freakin boo.

Signed,

If you want to watch it live, move here. Until then...don't bitch about some crappy internet stream. :D

Fiesty today huh?

DenBronx
12-01-2011, 02:04 PM
So we got flexed to the late game? Man, we need Von Miller to get playing. I do not think he plays this week but we need him. It will really help us A) win the game because I still dont like this game and B) help cement his DROTY award when the entire country can watch him OWN!

Incredibly bummed about V. Miller not getting to play. Just wrap it and go! He would eat Ponder for lunch.

The good news is that Dumervil is playing like his old self again and Woody has speed (not V. Miller speed) and can fill in if needed at OLB.

Thnikkaman
12-01-2011, 02:07 PM
https://sites.google.com/site/thnikksfiles/_/rsrc/1322766281747/home/Broncos13.PNG.1322766281626.PNG

Red -- Falcons @ Texans
Blue -- Broncos @ Vikings
Green -- Panthers @ Bucks

Chances are, if you are out of market, you are getting this game.

Thnikkaman
12-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Incredibly bummed about V. Miller not getting to play. Just wrap it and go! He would eat Ponder for lunch.

The good news is that Dumervil is playing like his old self again and Woody has speed (not V. Miller speed) and can fill in if needed at OLB.

Miller would disagree with you that he isn't playing on Sunday.

I Eat Staples
12-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Finally don't have to rely on a shitty stream. :elefant:

SR
12-01-2011, 02:14 PM
The TV guide on my Dish has said Fox since last Sunday.

jhildebrand
12-01-2011, 02:16 PM
So this game starts when? :confused:

It was an original 2PM start. Then slid to 11 AM. Now it is the afternoon game again?

I Eat Staples
12-01-2011, 02:21 PM
It's an early game.

I hate having to be up by 1 to watch it, it'd really suck being in Denver and getting up at 11. :lol:

TXBRONC
12-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Boo freakin boo.

Signed,

I have it on good word that it's all Canada's fault anyway that the game is being flexed to Fox. :tsk:

DenBronx
12-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Just to clear up any confusion. This isnt NBCs night game. We got flexed to the late Sunday afternoon game.

But Mike Klis of the Denver Post reported today that he thought we will get the NBC prime time night game not this Sunday but next Sunday when we face the Patriots.

underrated29
12-01-2011, 02:31 PM
oh so we are the early game now. Ehh... I dont like that as much.

DenBronx
12-01-2011, 02:32 PM
https://sites.google.com/site/thnikksfiles/_/rsrc/1322766281747/home/Broncos13.PNG.1322766281626.PNG

Red -- Falcons @ Texans

Good night....now thats national exposure!

Hope they let Timmy T throw the dang ball. Would love to see us put up alot of points through the air this week.

BroncoJoe
12-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Just to clear up any confusion. This isnt NBCs night game. We got flexed to the late Sunday afternoon game.

But Mike Klis of the Denver Post reported today that he thought we will get the NBC prime time night game not this Sunday but next Sunday when we face the Patriots.

Don't think so - nfl.com is still showing it as the early game. 1:00PM ET

MOtorboat
12-01-2011, 02:37 PM

The Patriots game is in two weeks.

Chicago next week.

OrangeHoof
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
The flexing of the Lions-Saints game to Sunday night left FOX with only two 1:00 p.m. ET games, while CBS had seven. The league decided that the move would increase the coverage area of the nine early games to be played on Sunday.

CBS likely isn’t thrilled with the outcome, since it gives FOX back-to-back Tebowmania games. In Week 14, the Broncos host the Bears in a game that, under the league’s formula, will be televised by FOX.

I didn't know this could even be done contractually. Looks like it still stays in the early time slot. It doesn't matter here because we're still getting the Texans game and I'll still need to go to my usual Sunday hangout to watch.

What I want to know is whether CBS gets to steal a game from Fox later in the season. I think that would only be fair.

DenBronx
12-01-2011, 02:56 PM
The Patriots game is in two weeks.

Chicago next week.

Yup!

If Cutler would have been playing I would have rather have had that as a night game. Would have been fun for the nation to watch that.

But Den vs Pats night game makes sense.

All blue unis for prime time!

jhildebrand
12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
We got flexed to the late Sunday afternoon game.

Everything I see still says 11AM. It was originally 2 PM MT. Then moved to 11AM.

I think it is still 11AM but now Fox instead of CBS.

I would love for this to be a 2PM denver game. I hate the morning games.

DenBronx
12-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Everything I see still says 11AM. It was originally 2 PM MT. Then moved to 11AM.

I think it is still 11AM but now Fox instead of CBS.

I would love for this to be a 2PM denver game. I hate the morning games.

Yeah it shows 10am here in California on Direct TV.

Not sure what the exact time is yet or if they have adjusted the changes but I thought the point of flexing this game was because they only had 2 afternoon games? Usually there is 3 afternoon games.

jhildebrand
12-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah it shows 10am here in California on Direct TV.

Not sure what the exact time is yet or if they have adjusted the changes but I thought the point of flexing this game was because they only had 2 afternoon games? Usually there is 3 afternoon games.

Bill Will at ESPN just emailed me saying he would clarify it in his AFCW blog this afternoon.

jhildebrand
12-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Bill Will says it is a 1pm ET (11 AM Denver) on Fox.

Nick
12-01-2011, 03:44 PM
If I was the marketing rep for CBS I would be so ticked if that happened before Christmas.

rcsodak
12-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Yup!

If Cutler would have been playing I would have rather have had that as a night game. Would have been fun for the nation to watch that.

But Den vs Pats night game makes sense.

All blue unis for prime time!
Only as long as denver keeps winning.

But it woukd make sense for NE, since they lost 1 because of Indy.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

missingnumber7
12-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Each channel can protect a game each week. Guess CBS didn't think it was worth it.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-01-2011, 08:18 PM
It's freaking awesome! Originally, when CBS was carrying the game, it wasn't on in my area - now it is! :werd:

BORDERLINE
12-01-2011, 08:19 PM
So move to Colorado. ;)

Boo freakin boo.

Signed,

I want to move to Denver so bad. for one

1.The Broncos

2.Escape Relatives!!!!!

bcbronc
12-01-2011, 08:38 PM
So move to Colorado. ;)

Boo freakin boo.

Signed,

maybe if Colorado had a hockey team, I'd consider it.

:coffee:

:D

camdisco24
12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm still stuck with the dang panthers.......

Dzone
12-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Colorado is a Bronco state. This is Broncos Country. Those other teams are just to fill in the gap between football seasons.

pnbronco
12-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Now wait one dang minute..... I was going to feel sorry for you because it really sucked when I was in WA to try to watch the Bronco/Jets game on that whole stream thing.

However my dear if you remember the Avs have 2 Stanley Cups and Canucks none........ ok that was mean.......but don't fight with a hockey fan.....:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Just to be safe, Bronco fans, better keep Sunday night free for Dec. 18.

The white-hot Broncos with ratings-monster Tim Tebow will play the New England Patriots that day at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. For now, that game is scheduled to kick off at 2:15 p.m. MST.

But in an agreement the NFL has with NBC, the league and network have the right to pick a more compelling game than the one originally scheduled for prime time. As of now, the Sunday night game on the schedule for Dec. 18 has 8-3 Baltimore playing at 4-7 San Diego. The Chargers’ six-game slide makes that game less appealing.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/28/broncos-new-england-game-could-be-flexed-to-sunday-night/10912/

BeefStew25
12-01-2011, 11:32 PM

Red -- Falcons @ Texans

War Gay Ass Tebow Fans.

bcbronc
12-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Now wait one dang minute..... I was going to feel sorry for you because it really sucked when I was in WA to try to watch the Bronco/Jets game on that whole stream thing.

However my dear if you remember the Avs have 2 Stanley Cups and Canucks none........ ok that was mean.......but don't fight with a hockey fan.....:lol:

ouch pn, I thought you were kind and gentle. :yield:

sneakers
12-02-2011, 12:00 AM

Fox sucks in every regard to their sports programming.

pnbronco
12-02-2011, 12:03 AM
ouch pn, I thought you were kind and gentle. :yield:

I am until you pick on my Avs...... I'm sorry I was mean just don't pick on my kids...........:lol:

BTW the way I have soft spot for most hockey players. I really like most of your guys too..........:D

sneakers
12-02-2011, 12:06 AM
I'll try to wake up at 2pm so I can watch the 4th quarter....nothing will happen til then anyways.

I Eat Staples
12-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I didn't know this could even be done contractually. Looks like it still stays in the early time slot. It doesn't matter here because we're still getting the Texans game and I'll still need to go to my usual Sunday hangout to watch.

What I want to know is whether CBS gets to steal a game from Fox later in the season. I think that would only be fair.

CBS gets the Colts-Pats game that was going to be on SNF. Fox loses the Lions-Saints that will now be on SNF.

wayninja
12-02-2011, 12:30 AM

Red -- Falcons @ Texans

This looks like a map of the Confederation of Aligned states after the Occupy protests are done.

underrated29
12-02-2011, 12:44 AM

Ooooohhhh.. I was going to say something but my pitt bull below took care of business nicely!

Go P! rawr.

and no, P, its not mean. We do not like 'Nuks. We can like BC, but not his team.:beer:

OrangeHoof
12-02-2011, 02:46 AM
CBS gets the Colts-Pats game that was going to be on SNF. Fox loses the Lions-Saints that will now be on SNF.

Oh, I get it. Everyone winds up with one game gained and one game lost.

GEM
12-02-2011, 12:38 PM

Hockey smockey....Broncos baby!! :D

Thnikkaman
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM

Enjoying all of those Stanly Cups in Vancouver?

MOtorboat
12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Enjoying all of those Stanly Cups in Vancouver?

Burn.

underrated29
12-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Hockey smockey....Broncos baby!! :D

Post reported.

dogfish
12-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Fiesty today huh?

i take it you just met GEM yesterday?

GEM
12-02-2011, 02:21 PM
i take it you just met GEM yesterday?

That's more like it......ALWAYS!! :laugh:

GEM
12-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Post reported.

I have shit for eyesight...I can't follow a puck around for 60 minutes. But I do like watching guys get put into walls. I hate Bertuzzi. I hate the Red Wings. I like the Avs....what else do you want from me? But if you give me the choice between hockey or football. Football wins out every day, all day.

OrangeHoof
12-02-2011, 02:36 PM
But I do like watching guys get put into walls. I hate Bertuzzi. I hate the Red Wings. I like the Avs....what else do you want from me? But if you give me the choice between hockey or football. Football wins out every day, all day.

My kind of girl! :beer:

CrazyHorse
12-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Vikings are always on FOX. At least they are for me.

Shazam!
12-02-2011, 08:56 PM
YES!

This made my night!!!!!!