Etc etc

Here's the link to vote

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

slim
12-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Willis McGahee.

Joel
12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I've lost all respect for the Pro Bowl since they started deciding it by fan vote. It really is just "vote your favorite 22 players a winter trip to HI" now. Miller, and probably Colquitt, belong there on their play, but I really can't say any of our other guys do based on their performance this year. Maybe Doom, McGahee or Decker, as alternates.

Chef Zambini
12-01-2011, 10:31 AM
colquitt for sure.
others have played well as part of a collective, VON is definatly up for DROY honors, but pro-bowl-schmo-bowl, these guys want to get into the play-offs by winning the division !

lgenf
12-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Honestly I would love nothing more than to say

SORRY NONE OF OUR GUYS CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE PRO BOWL CAUSE WE R IN THE SUPER BOWL NEXT WEEK

But right now I just want a win at MN

slim
12-01-2011, 10:56 AM
I think the entire DL should go....they are attacking the pass at the point of origin.

Northman
12-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I've lost all respect for the Pro Bowl since they started deciding it by fan vote. It really is just "vote your favorite 22 players a winter trip to HI" now. Miller, and probably Colquitt, belong there on their play, but I really can't say any of our other guys do based on their performance this year. Maybe Doom, McGahee or Decker, as alternates.

Indeed. I voted but i didnt make it specifically Broncos. Miller and Colquitt are givens but i just went with who i thought the better players for the year were which is really what it should be.

Fullback32
12-01-2011, 11:35 AM

Agreed, but isn't it a mixture of fan, player and coach voting?

wayninja
12-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Indeed. I voted but i didnt make it specifically Broncos. Miller and Colquitt are givens but i just went with who i thought the better players for the year were which is really what it should be.

You sicken me, Benedict Arnold.

Zweems56
12-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I think the entire DL should go....they are attacking the pass at the point of origin.

Just out of curiosity, is there another place to attack the pass ASIDE from the point of origin? Isn't that the purpose of a pass rush?:D

slim
12-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there another place to attack the pass ASIDE from the point of origin? Isn't that the purpose of a pass rush?:D

Zam, please spank his little bottom blue.

Skacorica
12-01-2011, 12:06 PM

You think Decker as an alternate but not TT as QB? and "probably Colquitt"?

Colquitt is #1 in the AFC in Net, #2 inside the 20. We are a ball control offense and we rely on that kind of punting. He should be a lock.

Also man up and vote for all of our guys. TT, WM, Colquitt, Champ, Von, Decker, everyone. We are fans, so throw your support behind your guys.

Skacorica
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM

Im sure the fans of the other teams who have been high fiving each other year mocking our team and waiting for us to fail will appreciate that.

pnbronco
12-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Agreed, but isn't it a mixture of fan, player and coach voting?

I was wondering the same thing?????

If it's just the fans then it means nothing other who has access to computers and is popular and nothing about skill. Other than people like North who actually know something about the game and vote based on info vs feelings. Actually I thought the press was part of the mix.

pnbronco
12-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Found the answer from Wood Paige:

Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but it's a pretty good article.

Pro Bowl selection is based on ballots cast by fans through Dec. 19 at NFL.com, and votes from players and coaches Dec. 21-22. Each group's results count one-third toward the players picked in both conferences.

Read more: Woody Paige - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige#ixzz1fIz8LBtt

RebelRocker
12-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Colquitt
Miller
McGahee
Kuper
DJ Williams
Champ
BDawk

Those are the guys that atleast should get heavy consideration.

Zweems56
12-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Zam, please spank his little bottom blue.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

pnbronco
12-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Colquitt
Miller
McGahee
Kuper
DJ Williams
Champ
BDawk

Good list......

lgenf
12-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Colquitt
Miller
McGahee
Kuper
DJ Williams
Champ
BDawk

Dude you forgot Doom off that list

silkamilkamonico
12-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Dude you forgot Doom off that list

Doom has not had a Pro Bowl season. Not even close.

Joel
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm NOT voting because I've not seen enough of all teams for an informed decision; I'd basically be voting on personal preference, highlight reels and buzz. In other words, like 90% of fans vote, and why they shouldn't.

You think Decker as an alternate but not TT as QB? and "probably Colquitt"?

Colquitt is #1 in the AFC in Net, #2 inside the 20. We are a ball control offense and we rely on that kind of punting. He should be a lock.

Also man up and vote for all of our guys. TT, WM, Colquitt, Champ, Von, Decker, everyone. We are fans, so throw your support behind your guys.
Anyone looking at Colquitt OBJECTIVELY (as most fans don't, hence they shouldn't be voting) knocks five yards off his average because half his kicks are in mile high air, but he belongs there; he coffin corners well, and that's a lost art. Maybe Tebow as an alternate just because, as stated in THAT thread, all AFC starters are so anemic I must actively SEEK a QB to start ahead of him. Brady, obviously, but my next choice would probably be Dalton or Fitzpatrick (sorry, Big Ben, if I want a huge guy who sheds tacklers, runs well and throws wobbly passes, I'll take the one who doesn't throw them into double coverage, or rape people in the off season.)

It's not about my "man cred," but who actually belongs in the Pro Bowl, and most of our guys don't. They've played well the last couple months, well above their talent level in many cases, but if we had a team full of Pro Bowlers this wouldn't be the first time all year they were >.500.

If it's just the fans then it means nothing other who has access to computers and is popular and nothing about skill.

Other than people like North who actually know something about the game and vote based on info vs feelings.
Which is why I no longer respect it, though, as you discovered, it is not QUITE that bad. It is bad enough that without a strong coach and player consensus fan voting makes it a popularity contest, which was in many ways the point of letting fans vote: The NFL is more than ever an entertainment business, and when the primary concern is ad revenue and ticket/jersey sales, you put the most popular product on the field.

Found the answer from Wood Paige:

Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but it's a pretty good article.

Pro Bowl selection is based on ballots cast by fans through Dec. 19 at NFL.com, and votes from players and coaches Dec. 21-22. Each group's results count one-third toward the players picked in both conferences.

Read more: Woody Paige - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige#ixzz1fIz8LBtt
Aw, man, I wanted to drop a "Let Me Google That For You" on you! :tongue:

http://bit.ly/u5jG0f

Dzone
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I voted for every Bronco. I even voted for JD Walton. It is just a popularity contest, so why not vote Broncos straight across?
The Pro Bowl is a joke so vote all Broncos!!!
Not that I dont respect those who vote based on best player.

lgenf
12-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I voted for every Bronco. I even voted for JD Walton. It is just a popularity contest, so why not vote Broncos straight across?
The Pro Bowl is a joke so vote all Broncos!!!
Not that I dont respect those who vote based on best player.

There we go!

Northman
12-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Im sure the fans of the other teams who have been high fiving each other year mocking our team and waiting for us to fail will appreciate that.

Im sure they would.