PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller named NFL defensive rookie of the month (November)

Tned
12-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Just announced that Von Miller was named the NFL defensive rookie of the month for November. When asked about it he said it just shows how good the Broncos defense is.

TXBRONC
12-01-2011, 09:03 AM
It is a well deserved honor.

There is no doubt in my mind EFX was right to draft him over Dareus.

Tned
12-01-2011, 09:05 AM
It is a well deserved honor.

There is no doubt in my mind EFX was right to draft him over Dareus.

Yea, as good as Dareus is. It sure looks like they managed to get very solid play from the DT spots (probably would have been better but for Warren's injury), and creating a dual edge thread that is among the best in the NFL with Von and Doom.

FlyByU
12-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Just announced that Von Miller was named the NFL defensive rookie of the month for November. When asked about it he said it just shows how good the Broncos defense is.

Maybe he should of gotten Player of the month also...

Northman
12-01-2011, 09:06 AM
He will get DROY also i believe. Dude is a beast.

TXBRONC
12-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Yea, as good as Dareus is. It sure looks like they managed to get very solid play from the DT spots (probably would have been better but for Warren's injury), and creating a dual edge thread that is among the best in the NFL with Von and Doom.

Just yesterday Klis said Denver bar none has the best set of edge rushers in the League.

MOtorboat
12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Just yesterday Klis said Denver bar none has the best set of edge rushers in the League.

Matthis and Freeney fell off a cliff this year. I haven't even heard their names, are they injured?

BigDaddyBronco
12-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I think Mathis has been banged up. Not like it really matters with that team being so terrible.

Joel
12-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Good response from a great player; congrats to him.

BigDaddyBronco
12-01-2011, 09:55 AM
I still think a star DT that can provide a pass rush up the middle and stuff the run is super hard to get and might be more valuable than an edge rusher (they are easier to find in the draft). That being said, they way our DT's have performed and the way Von is being used as a pass rusher, he was the right pick. Vons speed is awesome, but mix in his strength and he is going to get even better. It's going to be fun to watch these guys for years to come.

TXBRONC
12-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Matthis and Freeney fell off a cliff this year. I haven't even heard their names, are they injured?

I don't if either of them is hurt but it appears they have both played in every game. They have 5.5 sacks a piece.

As it been said many times the Colt defense was built to play with a lead and obviously they haven't done much of that this year.

MOtorboat
12-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Miller is just so incredibly fast outside. You don't find edge rushers like him very often. I think it was Fouts who said he reminds him of Cornelius Bennett. And the obvious comparisons to Derrick Thomas. I'd much rather have the speed guy off the edge that is elite than a solid defensive tackle.

Great start to Miller's career.

TXBRONC
12-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Miller is just so incredibly fast outside. You don't find edge rushers like him very often. I think it was Fouts who said he reminds him of Cornelius Bennett. And the obvious comparisons to Derrick Thomas. I'd much rather have the speed guy off the edge that is elite than a solid defensive tackle.

Great start to Miller's career.

I still think a star DT that can provide a pass rush up the middle and stuff the run is super hard to get and might be more valuable than an edge rusher (they are easier to find in the draft). That being said, they way our DT's have performed and the way Von is being used as a pass rusher, he was the right pick. Vons speed is awesome, but mix in his strength and he is going to get even better. It's going to be fun to watch these guys for years to come.

BBD what you fair enough but I think what MO is also very true. To find a pass rusher with that kind of burst off the line of scrimmage is rare. In listening to Elway that is one biggest reasons they chose Miller over Dareus.

BORDERLINE
12-01-2011, 11:36 AM
DROY...

this kid flat out plays!!!!!!

Continued success for Miller in a Broncos uniform for years to come!!!!!

slim
12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I hope he can play this week.

BigDaddyBronco
12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
BBD what you fair enough but I think what MO is also very true. To find a pass rusher with that kind of burst off the line of scrimmage is rare. In listening to Elway that is one biggest reasons they chose Miller over Dareus.

Absolutely, he is special. I have heard lots of QB's claim that an interior pass rush is harder to deal with than an edge rusher. If you can get that pass rush without blitzing, it's very hard to scheme against.

Dzone
12-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Good article on Miller being the best rookie in 10 years
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/stories-of-the-season-miller-much-more-than-the-roy/

SmilinAssasSin27
12-01-2011, 07:06 PM

No...Manning is.

Tned
12-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Good article on Miller being the best rookie in 10 years
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/stories-of-the-season-miller-much-more-than-the-roy/

Geat article. I'm going to start a thread, this deserves more attention.

chazoe60
12-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I wonder when was the last time a rookie won this award?

His pass rushing obviously gets the attention but he has been stellar against the run as well. He truly is a once in a decade type of player. Go 4-12 sucked and I hope to never watch a season like that again, but at least we got a franchise cornerstone player out of it.