PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network Special - Playbook Special Edition: Tim Tebow

Tned
11-30-2011, 08:03 AM
NFL Network is having a special edition of their Playbook show.

Playbook - "Special Edition: Tim Tebow" Breakdown of Tim Tebow and how he continues to pull in wins for the Broncos.

It's on Saturday night at 8:30 Mountain time.

For those that aren't familiar with Playbook, they normally have one AFC and one NFC show a week. In the show, they break down the upcoming games. They show some game film and talk about what each team needs to do to win.

In this special Tim Tebow edition, they will probably show film from his games, talk about how the read option has worked, and I'm sure they will touch on the passing problems.

Last week, I think three of the four hosts picked the Broncos to beat San Diego, even though I think they were saying that long term this Tebow offense can't keep working.

TXBRONC
11-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Cool I'll have to be Tivo it.

UnderArmour
11-30-2011, 08:12 AM
I wish I could catch this. NFL Network does a great job of breaking down Tim Tebow objectively without sitting there and making jokes the entire freaking time whereas ESPN is an entire network of children who talk about sports.

FlyByU
11-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Let me guess it will say the running up the gut is TT O and he cannot pass etc...

I doubt it will be showing him in the Gator spread O which is his real Offense. I might add it works damn well it the pro's also.

UnderArmour
11-30-2011, 09:05 AM
Let me guess it will say the running up the gut is TT O and he cannot pass etc...

I doubt it will be showing him in the Gator spread O which is his real Offense. I might add it works damn well it the pro's also.

That's ESPN. NFL Network doesn't do that shit. NFL Network has remained very professional in their commentaries on Tim Tebow thanks to people like Mooch and Mike Mayock. Nobody on NFL Network is bashing Tebow just for the sake of increasing their ratings and generating drama.

slim
11-30-2011, 10:10 AM
That's ESPN. NFL Network doesn't do that shit. NFL Network has remained very professional in their commentaries on Tim Tebow thanks to people like Mooch and Mike Mayock. Nobody on NFL Network is bashing Tebow just for the sake of increasing their ratings and generating drama.

I don't understand why people still watch ESPN. It is unwatchable, IMO.

Dreadnought
11-30-2011, 10:11 AM

Agreed. They have been top notch. Sometimes critical but always very fair, and in any event some of TT's play has been worthy of critiquing - as he would admit.

Mayock >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hoge and Kiper, like the Packers >>>>>> the Colts

slim
11-30-2011, 10:13 AM
When the NFLN first started broadcasting, I was underwhelmed by their programming.

But I think they do a pretty good job now and they are a shit ton better than ESPN.

Dreadnought
11-30-2011, 10:21 AM
When the NFLN first started broadcasting, I was underwhelmed by their programming.

But I think they do a pretty good job now and they are a shit ton better than ESPN.

ESPN should focus on Roller Derby or the Gay Rodeo circuit. Perhaps some other obscure sport like the NBA. They could build a niche market

catfish
11-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Th e analysts on NFL network seem to be less married to their opinions. It's interesting to see where the NFL network has more NFL "greats" as their analysts how much quicker their view on Tebow changed once he started winning. Gives credence to all that matters in the pros is winning(strictly my opinion)

lgenf
11-30-2011, 10:51 AM
FYI its on at 11am Eastern Saturday for those that want to TiVo or watch

There is one called Tim Tebow, one on AFC and one on NFC

All are back to back to back

Dzone
11-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Tebowmania never ceases to amaze.

BORDERLINE
11-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Well I look at is as the NFL wants Tebow to be a star. It's good for the league so why have the NFL network bash him in that manner. ESPN has MNF but they generate business from all over the sports world. Didn't they have a football drama show where the players took drugs and showed the "ugly" side of the game? Didn't they quickly pull it after the NFL asked or else their chance for getting MNF would have been damaged?

I like the NFL Network and I do agree that Mike Mayock is > than Kiper/McShay/Hoge

Dzone
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Michael Irvin coming on DP show in 5 minutes. Amazing to read Broncos and Super Bowl in the same sentence in the national media..lol
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/11/michael-irvin-tim-tebow-can-take-denver-to-super-bowl/1

wayninja
11-30-2011, 11:35 AM

Are you sure? They just had a promo for it saying 10:30 EST

lgenf
11-30-2011, 11:52 AM

I just looked it up on my guide to make sure

NFLN has a show called No Huddle at 10 am ET that is a 1 hour show

Then Playbook at 11 am to 1130

Then 1130 Playbook AFC
Then 1200 Playbook NFC

That is from AT&T Uverse guide

wayninja
11-30-2011, 12:03 PM

Then 1130 Playbook AFC
Then 1200 Playbook NFC

I guess I'd recommend checking based on your provider then... my Direct TV guide shows 8:30pm (which would be 10:30 EST). They also specifically said 10:30 during Total Access today and had it at the bottom of the screen.

catfish
11-30-2011, 12:47 PM

Then 1130 Playbook AFC
Then 1200 Playbook NFC

It is Saturday at 10:30...no huddle should be tonight

broncobryce
11-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow they are doing a whole show on a "high school offense/quarterback"?

Why? Everyone knows it can't win long term.....

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Tned
12-01-2011, 08:11 AM

There is one called Tim Tebow, one on AFC and one on NFC

All are back to back to back

You guys are both right. They Show the regular Playbooks (AFC & NFC) multiple times, and they are showing the Tebow special twice.

It's on both 9:00 am and 8:30 PM Mountain time on Saturday.

lgenf
12-01-2011, 08:39 AM
You guys are both right. They Show the regular Playbooks (AFC & NFC) multiple times, and they are showing the Tebow special twice.

It's on both 9:00 am and 8:30 PM Mountain time on Saturday.

Awesome

As long as we get the info out there correctly

Thnikkaman
12-01-2011, 08:43 AM

I agree. I tend to watch way more MLBN and NFLN than I do ESPN.

wayninja
12-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Any body watching this? I've got DirectTV and this is the only channel that is all messed up. Kinda pisses me off. Watching the closed captioning is funny though, even it is all messed up.

Tned
12-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Any body watching this? I've got DirectTV and this is the only channel that is all messed up. Kinda pisses me off. Watching the closed captioning is funny though, even it is all messed up.

I watched it this morning. About 28 minutes of talking about Tebow's run game. Some comparisons to QBs of old. A decent couple minutes explaining why the read option is tough to defend.

Then, about a minute showing Tebow passing.

Scarface
12-03-2011, 11:41 PM

Yeah, I couldn't hear the Mike McCoy interview and I couldn't hear Lombardi's break down. I didn't even think of closed captioning. Just fast forwarded and then deleted. :lol: Did Lombardi think Tebow was the long term answer?

hamrob
12-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Kind of a lame show. All about how its so amazing that this is actually working. That as soon as everyone catches on, it will be all over...so, enjoy it while you can.

Not one comment or opinion, that maybe Timmy is doing well. That maybe he's actually progressing. Not one person willing to say Timmy should be the QB next year.

Let me say it for them. Tim Tebow should be our QB of the immediate future. He will be a good to great "passing" QB in the NFL!!! How's that??

I thought it was quite ignorant for them to say that he has had to punt on 56% of their possessions...without presenting any stats that would indicate how that ranks against other teams. I mean...that means that 44% of their posessions result in a score. So, where does that put them?

Lame!

The biggest douechbag on the NFLN is Tom Waddle! This guy is a Merril Hogue clone. I can't believe there's not better talent out there...then those rejects!

hamrob
12-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I couldn't hear the Mike McCoy interview and I couldn't hear Lombardi's break down. I didn't even think of closed captioning. Just fast forwarded and then deleted. :lol: Did Lombardi think Tebow was the long term answer?He wouldn't commit...but, he's made negative comments many times about Tebow. He's gone on record that the Raiders will win the division and the Broncos will not.

He was asked if he were the GM...what would be his take on Tebow. His answer:

Let it proceed as is for now
If there's a QB at your spot in rd 1, you take him

Scarface
12-04-2011, 01:17 AM
He wouldn't commit...but, he's made negative comments many times about Tebow. He's gone on record that the Raiders will win the division and the Broncos will not.

He was asked if he were the GM...what would be his take on Tebow. His answer:

Let it proceed as is for now
If there's a QB at your spot in rd 1, you take him

I think some people will never understand Tebow simply because they haven't been able to figure out how to measure Will to Win at the combine. Their mind is stuck in a box and they think there is only one way a QB should look. And now they see a guy who finds a way to win football games and has an unmeasurable competitive drive but doesn't look like your typical NFL Passing QB and they can't understand it. But the bottom line is he's winning. I'm just waiting for the lightbulb for Elway to go off that Tebow is similar to him in a sense because of that will to win and competitive fire that they both have. There is a reason I will take Elway over Manning and that's because if it is 4th and 10 with the game on the line I know John Elway would get this crazed look in his eye and would straight up make crazy unbelievable stuff happen to win us ballgames. Whatever it is that Elway had on 4th and long is the same it Tebow has when it's do or die even though they are completely different QBs.

Winning is winning. If we get to the playoffs with the way our defense is playing, who knows Tebow could end up proving a lot of doubters wrong this season while also winning over Elway. If Tebow beats Tom Brady on a 4th quarter drive in a couple of weeks, look out, because Merrell Hodge may just spontaneously combust.

4zFYwferLVQ

hamrob
12-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Wow. Great memories there! Interesting....it wasn't like Elway was slinging it around the field making completions.

He scrabled and hit a couple short routes and ran for a first down. Treadwell hit the winner.

Hmm. Interesting!!!

However..................there has been nobody in the NFL (repeat NOBODY)....with a howitzer like Elway!!!

pikkiwoki
12-04-2011, 04:09 AM
The biggest douechbag on the NFLN is Tom Waddle! This guy is a Merril Hogue clone. I can't believe there's not better talent out there...then those rejects!

NFL Network highlights from the Miami game:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d823658e6/Broncos-vs-Dolphins-highlights

The douche nugget that you hear heckling from the peanut gallery? Yup, Tom Waddle.

:tsk:

broncobryce
12-04-2011, 04:35 AM
NFL Network highlights from the Miami game:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d823658e6/Broncos-vs-Dolphins-highlights

The douche nugget that you hear heckling from the peanut gallery? Yup, Tom Waddle.

:tsk:

Tom Waddle is a ******* scumbag. The thing that kills me about these clowns like Hoge and Waddle, is they didn't have all the talent in the world just like Tebow yet they hate on him anyway. You'd think they get it. While people like Deion Sanders love him. Whatever.

pikkiwoki
12-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Tom Waddle is a ******* scumbag. The thing that kills me about these clowns like Hoge and Waddle, is they didn't have all the talent in the world just like Tebow yet they hate on him anyway. You'd think they get it. While people like Deion Sanders love him. Whatever.

Just last year, Hoge released a motivational book about overcoming long odds. Guess what it was titled?

"Find A Way"

#ironic