PDA

View Full Version : My Apology To Von

horsepig
11-30-2011, 06:37 AM
I ran a thread a while back titled: "Is Von Too One Dimensionional?"

I will admit my own stupidity. Man what a dolt.

He is really starting to look like much more than an outside speed rusher. He is showing very well in run support and is "there" as a cover guy.

Somebody said earlier that he is more talented than Derrick Thomas, and might actually be as good as LT.

Well, we will see about that, but he is one Hell of a talent. I wanted Fairley, but right now I feel like a dumbass.

SoCalImport
11-30-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm sure Von will forgive. He seems the type.
And, Yeah. With the way he's playing I don't mind saying he'd have been worth a first overall pick. atm he's the best lookin rook, hands down.

TXBRONC
11-30-2011, 08:16 AM
I ran a thread a while back titled: "Is Von Too One Dimensionional?"

I will admit my own stupidity. Man what a dolt.

He is really starting to look like much more than an outside speed rusher. He is showing very well in run support and is "there" as a cover guy.

Somebody said earlier that he is more talented than Derrick Thomas, and might actually be as good as LT.

Well, we will see about that, but he is one Hell of a talent. I wanted Fairley, but right now I feel like a dumbass.

Earlier in the year he was somewhat one demensional not because the talent wasn't there but because he lacked experience.

It takes a big pig to admit when he's wrong. :confused: :D

Seriously I wanted Dareus before the draft but even if we would have taken him he would had growing pains as well. If we had drafted Fairley which would not had a problem with drafting the same would be true with him as well.

threefolddead
11-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm sure Von will forgive. He seems the type.
And, Yeah. With the way he's playing I don't mind saying he'd have been worth a first overall pick. atm he's the best lookin rook, hands down.

Unless you play QB then your toast.

camdisco24
11-30-2011, 08:59 AM
I'd put him over Cam Newton for overall ROTY.
Then again, I'm a little bias.

Mike
11-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Great. Now he is going to suck.

karnage
11-30-2011, 10:27 AM

Pretty sure they only do offensive and defensive ROTY,and not an overall....I'm thinking Dalton should beat out Cam at this point for OROTY

TXBRONC
11-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Don't they chose one rookie for each side of the ball?

That said, I think there is a very good chance he'll be the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

BroncoWave
11-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Here's a crazy stat. Of the top 20 players in the league in sacks, Miller has the most tackles of any of them. Not only should he be DROY, he should be starting in the Pro Bowl.

BORDERLINE
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
I wanted a DT. but i'll gladly admit I was wrong and the Broncos made the right pick with Miller!!!!

vandammage13
11-30-2011, 11:40 AM
I have to say I was dead wrong about Von as well..

I thought we should have drafted Fairley, but Von has shown he is definitely the best defensive rookie (if not the best rookie overall).

I think Fairley will get his shot to show what he can do with Suh out, but I doubt he'll make as much of an impact as Von has.

camdisco24
11-30-2011, 12:08 PM

That said, I think there is a very good chance he'll be the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

idk, they prob do, but there is always talk about who was the best overall.

bcbronc
11-30-2011, 07:12 PM
ya, when the pre-draft scuttlebutt had us taking a Will at #2, I threw up a little in my mouth. Then the rumour was we'd actually be drafting Miller and moving him to SAM and I began projectile vomiting. You never take a Sam at #2 right? You get Sams in the middle rounds or as UFAs.

I guess that whole "too high to draft a xxx" is completely out the window now huh?

It was a good year to have a high draft pick. The three main names discussed (as I recall) leading up to the draft were Miller, Dareus, or Peterson...looking like all three are going to be studs.

SR
11-30-2011, 07:16 PM

Patrick Peterson is making a hell of a case, but I think Von will get it.

FireAce
11-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Peterson is making a case as a kick returner. He has 47 tackles and 2 interceptions but has not made nearly the impact defensively as miller. If miller keeps it up he could very well win droy and dpoy

HORSEPOWER 56
11-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Patrick Peterson is making a hell of a case, but I think Von will get it.

Only because of his punt returning. He's a great returner, but I don't even think he's a starting CB for their defense. I think he's still relegated to nickel duties.