PDA

View Full Version : Vikings favored?

CrazyHorse
11-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Really? We haven't been favored to win a single game all year. I know the Vikings are better than their record, but we've been riding a winning streak and they'll likely be missing their best player in Adrian Peterson. Oh well. I guess it's just another chance to silence the doubters.

horsepig
11-30-2011, 06:41 AM
Whoa there, cowboy. They get 3 off the top. We've never played well in domes. However, thi9s bunch seems like they don't care if it's on the road, in a dome, or at home. They play the same anywhere.

Something knew and refreshing from the Broncos, IMHO.

CrazyHorse
11-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Actually, I looked up sport betting odds and couldn't really find any for the Vikings-Broncos. They were notably absent. I still think they are favored, at least in betting circles. I can't wait to see who the ESPN analysts pick.

camdisco24
11-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Actually, I looked up sport betting odds and couldn't really find any for the Vikings-Broncos. They were notably absent. I still think they are favored, at least in betting circles. I can't wait to see who the ESPN analysts pick.

I always check the analysts just or fun. I always laugh when I see Hoge pick against us. We could play the colts and he'd still pick against us. haha

FlyByU
11-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Really? We haven't been favored to win a single game all year. I know the Vikings are better than their record, but we've been riding a winning streak and they'll likely be missing their best player in Adrian Peterson. Oh well. I guess it's just another chance to silence the doubters.

Cool love it and I think we will shut them down with our D. TT and the O will come through as usual or maybe we have a Raider style game 38+ points.

Mike
11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
We usually suck in early games too.

I don't care though. Keep piling on the hate. Our team likes it. When they stop hating, IMA start worrying.

ShooterJM
11-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey I love it. The broncos have been better than my 401k in terms of making money for me the last month and a half! Gimmie those underdog odds!

TXBRONC
11-30-2011, 10:29 AM

As you said they are better than their record and they are at home.

karnage
11-30-2011, 10:39 AM
It's just a line to get people to bet on it...and get the most action...as long as they win I don't care if Denver is favored or not...if they win this...I'm sure they will be favored at home over the Chicago Caleb Hanies..

lgenf
11-30-2011, 10:42 AM
I thought when the line came out it was a pick'em game

So if you get 3 pts for a home game, and it's a pick'em game then you could argue that on a neutral field Denver would be favored by 3

BORDERLINE
11-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Total BS who ever makes these odds are just shacking their heads saying no way we can continue to win like this. Every game is gonna be a tuff game. Like someone on here said this team can beat anyone on a good day and could definitely lose to anyone on a bad one. Wins are hard to come by in the NFL if you don't bring your A game. I have trust in our defense to get after Ponder and force him into a bunch of mistakes.

Dzone
11-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Its going to be awesome to see the speed of our offense on that fast carpet. Another 100 yard day for Mcgahee.
Plus, Ponder will be getting pounded relentlessly. This game is going to be amazing.

MasterShake
11-30-2011, 11:03 AM
"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

Anyway, we already beat the Vegas odds makers on the most important thing - wins! I think they had us at 5 1/2 wins for this season?

wayninja
11-30-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm fine being the underdog, we do better that way.

underrated29
11-30-2011, 11:51 AM
this game scares me so much guys. I really think we drop the ball and come out flat. I do. I cant stop worrying about it either. I dont knw what it is but I do not like it. We need to score at least 21 points by halftime otherwise I think we are in deep trouble.

I fear the defense takes a few plays off and lets the vikings get some easy tds...

TRAP GAME! I dont like it. Not one bit.

NightTerror218
11-30-2011, 12:05 PM
this game scares me so much guys. I really think we drop the ball and come out flat. I do. I cant stop worrying about it either. I dont knw what it is but I do not like it. We need to score at least 21 points by halftime otherwise I think we are in deep trouble.

I fear the defense takes a few plays off and lets the vikings get some easy tds...

Vikings have had issues starting strong and finishing very very bad, all season.

nevcraw
11-30-2011, 12:32 PM
I do not want them to be favored in any game ever!

BroncoJoe
11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Odds are set to equalize the money bet on each team. It really has nothing to do with who Vegas thinks will win - just an opinion on who is going to bet on who.

Thnikkaman
11-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Miami is also favored to beat Oakland.

NightTerror218
11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Vikings placed 4 players on IR today long snapper Cullen Loeffler, wide receiver Michael Jenkins, and safeties Husain Abdullah and Tyrell Johnson.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824972bc/article/jenkins-among-four-key-vikings-players-placed-on-ir

Secondary is their weakness but their offense will prob be sputtering. I hope our defense can get some turnovers to make up for the stout run defense we will be facing.

BroncoWave
11-30-2011, 12:51 PM
If AP doesn't practice this week I bet that line starts to shift in our direction.

underrated29
11-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Vikings placed 4 players on IR today long snapper Cullen Loeffler, wide receiver Michael Jenkins, and safeties Husain Abdullah and Tyrell Johnson.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824972bc/article/jenkins-among-four-key-vikings-players-placed-on-ir

Secondary is their weakness but their offense will prob be sputtering. I hope our defense can get some turnovers to make up for the stout run defense we will be facing.

Things are looking up.

MasterShake
11-30-2011, 01:59 PM

Though I agree that we need to score more points (under 20 a game isn't going to cut it for long), despite their confidence I don't think the Broncos think so highly of themselves for this to be a trap game. We are still chasing the Raiders and the Broncos know they have to focus on the games they "should" win as much as the games they want to win (ie the Patriots).

Canmore
11-30-2011, 02:04 PM

I don't think Dawkins and Allen are going to let the defense take a few plays off. I expect another close game but I feel better about the early start time than I have in a long time.

NightTerror218
11-30-2011, 02:10 PM
I think this is going to be TT test throwing the ball. Against a backup secondary that is playing horrible this season, so many injuries for them.

This will also be a good test for OL to stop one of the best pass rushers in the league. Also a good test for our RBs and blocking.

BroncoStud
11-30-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't like this game either. It feels like a trap. The thing about the Broncos right now is that I really feel we can beat anybody, then turn around and lose to anybody. I have no confidence either direction. Makes for interesting Sundays.

BroncoStud
11-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Also, Ponder is better than people think. He looks pretty solid for a rookie.

BroncoJoe
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
I just don't see this team letting down. Not one bit.

BroncoStud
11-30-2011, 02:26 PM
2 more wins and we have a legit playoff opportunity. We need the Fins to beat the Faiders.

Nick
11-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I always check the analysts just or fun. I always laugh when I see Hoge pick against us. We could play the colts and he'd still pick against us. haha

I always check priscos to just because I know he will never select the broncos to win a game... Mainly just to look at comments bashing him.

NightTerror218
11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Ponder is at 54% passing 6 TDs and 6 INTs. He lost a big target to IR too.

They are also very beat up. Ponder/Harvin are probably for the game but I have no doubts they will play. Henderson and another CB are also beat up. This team is thin and have taken lots of hits.

But we can by no means let down, AP if playing will run all over us. They have quick WRs and a defense that can force some TOs.

CrazyHorse
11-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Ponder is at 54% passing 6 TDs and 6 INTs. He lost a big target to IR too.

They are also very beat up. Ponder/Harvin are probably for the game but I have no doubts they will play. Henderson and another CB are also beat up. This team is thin and have taken lots of hits.

But we can by no means let down, AP if playing will run all over us. They have quick WRs and a defense that can force some TOs.

Tebow > Ponder.

NameUsedBefore
11-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Jared Allen effect. They got a frenzy defense that reminds me of the Lions. So there's that.

I think the two teams are actually kind of similar, though. Vikings are at home so they get the advantage.

arapaho2
11-30-2011, 06:36 PM
not odds related

but i kinda have to smile, about some bronco fans thinking about a trap game

im mean when have the bronco fans since midway through the 09 season ever worried about us being in a trap game

broncos were the team people always called "a trap game"

we were always worried about "hope we dont get beat too bad"

it warms my old bronco heart to think we have improved so much that we have the "trap game" in our pre game thoughts

:beer:

Thestrategist1
11-30-2011, 06:43 PM
not odds related

but i kinda have to smile, about some bronco fans thinking about a trap game

im mean when have the bronco fans since midway through the 09 season ever worried about us being in a trap game

broncos were the team people always called "a trap game"

we were always worried about "hope we dont get beat too bad"

it warms my old bronco heart to think we have improved so much that we have the "trap game" in our pre game thoughts

:beer:

Me Too

:salute:

Mr. Pro Bowl
11-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Let's not get scared now. Broncos have a great defense and believe they can beat anyone. As fans we can't let them down...

Go get them Broncos.....you have come a long way baby....:beer:

rcsodak
11-30-2011, 07:47 PM
AD is out. Jenkins is out. But they have some good TE's and harvin.
They are tough at home, and faster on the rug....especially Cowboy Allen. Clady will have his hands full and over on the other side, F is up against a beast as well.

TT will be running....for his frickn' life, I'm afraid.

KC's paper today showed "off" for the line.....thought that was strange.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

lgenf
11-30-2011, 09:02 PM
2 more wins and we have a legit playoff opportunity. We need the Fins to beat the Faiders.

The Fins ARE going to beat them

They have an ever improving offense with Moore and Bush, and their defense is shutting teams down

They will beat Oakland and we will win and be tied with them by Sunday evening

hamrob
11-30-2011, 11:22 PM

TRAP GAME! I dont like it. Not one bit.I agree...things just aren't lining up for us:

Road Game/Trap Game
Vikings better than record indicates
Vikings have a great Dline
Ponder has a penchent for the big play and is mobile
Harvin schooling their defense on Tebow
Early game
Miller and Royal potentially out
Dome

Positives:

Peterson out
Vikings 2-9

sneakers
12-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Vikings Flav-ored

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bRBQ6KwbEfQ/ThaFz_4y9jI/AAAAAAAAAOo/QKaOBvQNhx0/s1600/Flavor-Flav-ps01.jpg

FanInAZ
12-01-2011, 03:55 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/odds/spread

Keep in mind that the odds makers set their spreads based not only on what they believe to be the talent of the competing team, but also on the perceptions of the average gambler. The whole point of point spreads is to give the team that the gambler believes to be inferior enough points to where the gambler will bet on that team rather than the team that they actually believe will win. The odds makers giving us 1-2 points against the Vikings may have as much or more to do with the perceptions of the average football gambler then their own personal perceptions.