PDA

View Full Version : Very humorous take on the Broncos winning offense

lgenf
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Enjoy

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7291606/denver-tim-tebow-effectively-brings-high-school-offense-nfl

Everybody be at the pep rally after school -- senior Tim Tebow is leading Denver Broncos High School to state! Yeah!

Denver is, improbably, the NFL's hottest team outside Wisconsin, 5-1 since Tebow took the reins. Those fans in the bleachers who'd been chanting for Tebow -- they were right. But then in high school, the booster club always knows. Maybe for the next home game, the Broncos should run out through a big sheet of paper that was decorated at the pep rally with "Go Broncos" and "XXOO" written all over by the cheerleaders.

Davii
11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Personally I find it condescending rather than amusing. I also think that calling this a high school offense is an insult to the team, especially the coaches who have shown amazing flexibility and even ingenuity in manufacturing the scheme week in and out.

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Personally I find it condescending rather than amusing. I also think that calling this a high school offense is an insult to the team, especially the coaches who have shown amazing flexibility and even ingenuity in manufacturing the scheme week in and out.

Gregg Eastabrook is writing a humurous column. It runs every week and makes fun of every single team.

Don't take it personally.

catfish
11-29-2011, 09:35 PM
its more humorous that 4 teams in 4 weeks have lost to a team running a HS offense

Davii
11-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Gregg Eastabrook is writing a humurous column. It runs every week and makes fun of every single team.

Don't take it personally.

I wasn't, and don't much care what anyone writes. After all, they're not writing it about me... I'm just pointing out that after every other writer in the country had the same shtick, and ESPN found it amusing to show old school black and white footage while giving commentary on the Broncos game, etc, the humor factor has worn off and it's just annoying sheeple now.

BeefStew25
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Judge results. EAD old media.

Dreadnought
11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
I wasn't, and don't much care what anyone writes. After all, they're not writing it about me... I'm just pointing out that after every other writer in the country had the same shtick, and ESPN found it amusing to show old school black and white footage while giving commentary on the Broncos game, etc, the humor factor has worn off and it's just annoying sheeple now.

ESPN sux. They have nothing to say on any subject at all. LOGO > ESPN

Shazam!
11-29-2011, 10:39 PM
I just ate some asskickin' sweet potato pie smothered in cool whip.

Skacorica
11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Easterbrook is actually a proponent of a run first offense, don't get panties all in a twist about it. TMQ is a good read, except Im sick of all the 'creep' stuff. Christmas is advertised too early, we get it!

Superchop 7
11-29-2011, 10:46 PM
"Nearly every coach I've talked with tells me that the attention you get from media and other people is the thing you miss most. I don't know if that's right."
Bear Bryant

jhildebrand
11-29-2011, 11:29 PM
If it is such a lame offense. How come it can't be stopped? :confused:

The teams say they saw it coming. They knew what was happening. They just couldn't beat it. :D

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 11:41 PM
If it is such a lame offense. How come it can't be stopped? :confused:

The teams say they saw it coming. They knew what was happening. They just couldn't beat it. :D

The offense can't be stopped?

Are we watching the same games? Are you confusing Denver with Green Bay or New Orleans?

21 points per game...minus the Oakland game with the special teams output that's 17 points a game, and minus the pick-6 that's 13 points a game.

That is not going to cut it.

Damn it's fun, but let's be realistic.

NightTrainLayne
11-29-2011, 11:49 PM
The offense can't be stopped?

Are we watching the same games? Are you confusing Denver with Green Bay or New Orleans?

21 points per game...minus the Oakland game with the special teams output that's 17 points a game, and minus the pick-6 that's 13 points a game.

That is not going to cut it.

Damn it's fun, but let's be realistic.

Well, we are averaging something like 220 yards rushing per game. They see that coming but haven't been able to stop it.

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Well, we are averaging something like 220 yards rushing per game. They see that coming but haven't been able to stop it.

True.

Unfortunately, it's not resulting in points. This is awesome, I can't emphasize that more, but saying that 13-17 points per game from the offense is going to win games long term is naive.

BeefStew25
11-29-2011, 11:56 PM
True.

Unfortunately, it's not resulting in points. This is awesome, I can't emphasize that more, but saying that 13-17 points per game from the offense is going to win games long term is naive.

I only give a shit about the next game. I am a Football Goldfish. So, you can emphasize it more.

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 11:59 PM
I only give a shit about the next game. I am a Football Goldfish. So, you can emphasize it more.

One game at a time. Love that mentality.