PDA

View Full Version : Saccomano on McDaniels

WARHORSE
01-21-2009, 03:18 AM
New Coach, Fast Times at Broncos (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/2009/01/14/new-coach-fast-times-at-broncos/)

It has now been awhile since I have been able to contribute to our blog site, and the reasons for that are that it has been very, very busy here at the Broncos, and also that I wanted to be able to do this when there was concise information, not just speculation.
Things change.
There is an old saying that the only constant is change, and that has happened here at the Broncos, with Mike Shanahan no longer the team’s head coach and Josh McDaniels coming to the club from his highly successful stint at the New England Patriots.
He is in a whirlwind working pattern right now, interviewing and hiring his coaching staff, organization his administrative offices, and working simultaneously with our player personnel department talking about players, current and potential.

The off season has become a very busy time for all National Football League teams and this is going to be one of the busiest segments of ours.
Coach McDaniels is a dynamic individual who brings a lot of energy and positive vibration into every room he enters.
People don’t know this yet, but they will.
Broncos fans don’t know just what to expect yet, but they know what they want.
They want to win.
It’s as simple as that.
Josh McDaniels is the son of the winningest coach in the history of Canton McKinley High School and has been going to two-a-day practices literally since he was four years old.
He has been described by New England head coach Bill Belichick as a pure football person.
He knows our fans want to win, and nobody knows our fan base better than team owner Pat Bowlen, who made the hire after being tremendously impressed by McDaniels.
Right now it is an exciting time of putting together a staff, and then the team will continue to move forward into philosophy, personnel and the scheduling of necessary team logistics.
There has never been a better time to keep in touch with the Denver Broncos web site, and I know we all share the excitement of watching how the Broncos will be remodeled for 2009.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, it looks like our young coach is already heading us in the right direction by making an immediate, and positive impact. Im starting to get giddy with expectation.

BTW...............

The writing is on the wall for us changing to the 3-4. With McD hiring Nunnelly as the new Dline coach, that all but seals the deal in my eyes. You dont go hiring a guy who just ran a 3-4 defensive line for the past 12 seasons in Dolts land to come in and run a 4-3 dline.

I like the hire and the Dolts Dline has been better than most at stopping the run in the 3-4 scheme.

Bowlen will be told by McDaniels what he wants, and the front O will be doing everything in their power to change the defense to one that can win THIS COMING YEAR, and no further. Bowlen wants to win NOW, not two years from now, and thats why I absolutely love the guy.

FAMOUS SAYING: A Bronco in the hand is worth more than all the Chargers in a bush.

(thats was off the cusp, and I had to smile the more I read it...lol)

SR
01-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Word up ninja. I'm liking this hiring more and more every day.

Dirk
01-21-2009, 06:36 AM
The one other constant besides change...is...Broncos fans want to win! :D

Other than that, it's hurry up and wait... :coffee:

topscribe
01-21-2009, 11:09 AM
LOL at some of the posts following Saccomano's blog.

Thanks, Warhorse, for the read.

-----

G_Money
01-21-2009, 11:13 AM
[B]
BTW...............

The writing is on the wall for us changing to the 3-4. With McD hiring Nunnelly as the new Dline coach, that all but seals the deal in my eyes. You dont go hiring a guy who just ran a 3-4 defensive line for the past 12 seasons in Dolts land to come in and run a 4-3 dline.

I like the hire and the Dolts Dline has been better than most at stopping the run in the 3-4 scheme.

Just FYI, Nunnely didn't coach a 3-4 DL for 12 years.

He coached a 4-3 for the first 7 or so - all the Seau years were 4-3 unless I've lost my mind.

He can do both.

I still think we're switching to a 3-4, but Nunnely's not a one-trick pony.

~G

TXBRONC
01-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks War, I enjoyed the article. :salute: