PDA

View Full Version : Patriots vs. Broncos game on Sunday Night Football?

Magnificent Seven
11-29-2011, 01:29 AM
I have only good feelings about this move. They might move Patriots vs. Broncos game from afternoon to Sunday Night Football.

* Ravens vs. Chargers (Dec. 18th)

*Subject to change due to flex scheduling.

Between weeks 11 and 16, the scheduled (or "pencilled-in") NBC Sunday Night game may be replaced with a "flex" game, depending on competitiveness or ratings concerns. It is the NFL and not NBC that makes the decision to flex a game. The decision is made at least 12 days in advance, and the limits on national broadcasts described above are still in effect.

My point is... Chargers are not doing well. Patriots vs. Broncos game is a big game. They could steal the show.

It would be super nice if they have another prime time game.

BCJ
11-29-2011, 03:48 AM
yep and get ready for ton of national televised games next year if TEBOW is around. You want Tebow with your Thanksgiving Turkey? You got it. Christmas with MNF and Tebow? Merry Christmas! Sorry, no Tebow on January 1st but we will get you him on New Year's Eve so you can celebrate 2013 with a Tebow wish.
I see 4 to 5 games minimum for prime time games.

sneakers
11-29-2011, 04:08 AM
yep and get ready for ton of national televised games next year if TEBOW is around. You want Tebow with your Thanksgiving Turkey? You got it. Christmas with MNF and Tebow? Merry Christmas! Sorry, no Tebow on January 1st but we will get you him on New Year's Eve so you can celebrate 2013 with a Tebow wish.
I see 4 to 5 games minimum for prime time games.

Depends how boring the games are....there have been a few that have been brutal if you are not a broncos fan.

Shazam!
11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
With Denver's defense playing the way it is, and NE defense being nearly borderline awful, with the game at home... If Von Doom can get to Brady...

UnderArmour
11-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Depends how boring the games are....there have been a few that have been brutal if you are not a broncos fan.

The Chargers game was incredibly frustrating to watch even through overtime up until that kick went through the uprights. I'm starting to see why John Elway feels the way he does about the offense because they really do need to start throwing up some points and converting on third downs outside of the fourth quarter. My nails are gone from all of these freaking nail biters. Hopefully we can come out against Minnesota, who has horrible cornerbacks, and get some big plays to seal the game early instead of this fourth quarter stuff.

Skacorica
11-29-2011, 09:26 AM
The first 55 mins of our games are much too boring to be a Sunday night game.

OrangeHoof
11-29-2011, 10:23 AM
There aren't any really attractive games that week except the Monday Nighter (PIT @ SF).

I think NBC has already yanked a New England vs Indy game (this weekend, replaced by Detroit vs. New Orleans) so this would put the Pats back on their schedule.

All-in-all, it's a toss-up unless SD keeps losing. The Ravens still have a good shot at the playoffs.

Slick
11-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I hope not. I like the Bronco games on Sunday afternoons.

BroncoStud
11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
I hope so... I'm sick of watching the damn Ravens in prime time. How does such a boring team keep getting national exposure? Anyone but Baltimore.

T.K.O.
11-29-2011, 10:56 AM
i dont know the actual record, but i remember a pretty bad streak of primetime games for the broncos the past few years....i say leave it alone:shocked:

Buff
11-29-2011, 10:56 AM
I assume it will get flexed unless we lose our next two. Tebow vs. Brady in primetime will make NFL execs happy, but there needs to be some sort of playoff implication... If we are 3 games behind the Raiders then that might change their thinking.

Davii
11-29-2011, 10:58 AM
I hope not. I like the Bronco games on Sunday afternoons.

Lately... I just like Bronco games. I don't care if it's prime time or not. I know the front office cares though. Prime time games bring in more money don't they?

T.K.O.
11-29-2011, 10:58 AM
I assume it will get flexed unless we lose our next two. Tebow vs. Brady in primetime will make NFL execs happy, but there needs to be some sort of playoff implication... If we are 3 games behind the Raiders then that might change their thinking.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK ! and go to your room:D

Slick
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Lately... I just like Bronco games. I don't care if it's prime time or not. I know the front office cares though. Prime time games bring in more money don't they?

I'm not sure if Denver gets more money for a night game. I just prefer them playing in the afternoons. 3:00 Central time starts work better for my schedule. Lets me sleep in, and still have time to prepare the gameday spread.

The night games seem like there's double the commercials and then it takes me several hours to wind down from the excitement of the game.

MOtorboat
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
CBS is allowed to hang onto, or "protect," one game each week. I have a hard time thinking they'd let that game go on a pretty big double-header weekend for them. (Unless the rules changed in the new CBA...)

With Fox not having the doubleheader I could see them flexing the Detroit-Oakland game.

MileHighCrew
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
In the snow under the lights, I would love it.

Dzone
11-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Its good to have Tebow on our team. We get more coverage than the New York teams or the Packers. We could even be called the new Americas Team.
There wouldnt be so much Bronco coverage if people didnt want it. People want Bronco news and the media obliges.
This is always good for the franchise.

NightTerror218
11-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Come on Bronco keep the streak against the Pats going.....dont let Brady get win #2 against us.

Magnificent Seven
11-30-2011, 01:21 AM
i dont know the actual record, but i remember a pretty bad streak of primetime games for the broncos the past few years....i say leave it alone:shocked:

Broncos have won over Jets in prime time at home.

FlyByU
11-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh man I would love to see it happen. Get our Broncos on the national spot light.

Magnificent Seven
11-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Nov. 30, 2011 3:14 p.m. - by Lee Rasizer - Broncos could move to prime time
There's a strong possiblity that the Dec. 18 home game vs. New England will be switched to prime-time by NBC. The game currently scheduled is Baltimore at San Diego. However, the Chargers have lost six in a row, and NBC has the right to request a more attractive matchup. The Tom Brady-Tim Tebow angle obviously interests the network.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/16295132

OrangeHoof
11-30-2011, 09:44 PM
That would be a nice development. Playing in cold plus altitude may remind Brady of a certain playoff game up here a few years ago.

Magnificent Seven
12-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Broncos-New England game could be flexed to Sunday night.

Just to be safe, Bronco fans, better keep Sunday night free for Dec. 18.

The white-hot Broncos with ratings-monster Tim Tebow will play the New England Patriots that day at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. For now, that game is scheduled to kick off at 2:15 p.m. MST.

But in an agreement the NFL has with NBC, the league and network have the right to pick a more compelling game than the one originally scheduled for prime time. As of now, the Sunday night game on the schedule for Dec. 18 has 8-3 Baltimore playing at 4-7 San Diego. The Chargers’ six-game slide makes that game less appealing.

Tebow is appealing. The fact the Broncos have won four in a row to climb into playoff contention, and the Patriots are the perennial team to beat, might make that match up more palatable to more people.

No decision has been made, and nothing will be announced until next Monday. If the 6-5 Broncos win at Minnesota this Sunday, the flex to prime time would almost be a cinch. If the Broncos lose to the Vikings, the decision could become more difficult. In between the Vikings and Patriots on the Broncos’ schedule is a Dec. 11 home game against the Chicago Bears.

NBC might not want a 6-7 Broncos team taking on the mighty Patriots. Stay tuned. And keep those Dec. 18 plans flexible.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/28/broncos-new-england-game-could-be-flexed-to-sunday-night/10912/