PDA

View Full Version : Broncos players are learning to tune in, turn on to Tebowmania

Denver Native (Carol)
11-28-2011, 08:16 PM
SAN DIEGO -- On Saturday, Denver quarterback Tim Tebow stood in front of his teammates, both offense and defense, to deliver a message that resonated deep into Sunday evening, long after the Broncos battled it out with the Chargers in overtime for a fifth consecutive win.

It was another quote from the Bible, another expression of his religion that many of his critics seem to believe borders on overly pious devotion.

"As iron sharpens iron, men sharpen men," Tebow told the group, loosely quoting Proverbs 27:17.

rest of article, plus video of TT speaking after game
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8248a590/article/broncos-players-are-learning-to-tune-in-turn-on-to-tebowmania?module=HP11_hot_topics

Superchop 7
11-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Waits for thread to spin out of control..........

wayninja
11-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Why would it spin out of control... Tebow's religious proclivities are not really a secret...

BroncoJoe
11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Tebow's teammates are relentlessly supporting his cause, and if they're inspired by his leadership, then who else matters? If they don't mind the credit he gets, then why should anyone else?

Amen.

hamrob
11-29-2011, 01:05 AM
A pretty good article, I thought. However, it is amazing how Tebow seems to overshadow everyone on the team. Eventually that will fade some...but, right now, everyone and their grandma who is talking football is talking Tebow.

With guys like Champ, Miller and Macgahee hardly getting a mention. I can see where they might be a little irked at the oversight of some.

I just hope it doesn't become a problem. For Tebow's part, the kid never fails to applaud his teammates.

catfish
11-29-2011, 08:37 AM
A pretty good article, I thought. However, it is amazing how Tebow seems to overshadow everyone on the team. Eventually that will fade some...but, right now, everyone and their grandma who is talking football is talking Tebow.

With guys like Champ, Miller and Macgahee hardly getting a mention. I can see where they might be a little irked at the oversight of some.

I just hope it doesn't become a problem. For Tebow's part, the kid never fails to applaud his teammates.

From interviews in the past it doesn't seem to bother Champ..I seem to recall him instructing an interviewer to keep the focus on the offense(too lazy to find a link)

I think Miller is getting some notice as I have heard defensive rookie of the year thrown around a lot whenever his name is mentioned

McGahee is getting the short end of the stick for sure, everything I have heard insinuates he was basically a washed up has been that has been re-invigorated by the "tebow offense". I don't think the line the media is taking on him is fair. I think he is playing lights out regardless of whether he is benefiting from the option or not.

From what I have heard the circus may be focused on Tebow, but most people are attributing the wins to stout defense and a strong run game with Tebow's sole responsibility being not to **** up and turn the ball over

threefolddead
11-29-2011, 09:09 AM
What NFL team really cares what the media thinks, and to that end why would the Broncos ever care. Let em talk and and form opinions for the casual football fan but for diehards its a case of watching the game and seeing the transformation the defense has done from last year. Last year we were god awful. I can't think of a worse Broncos defense. It's fun and exciting to watch this year, in all FOUR quarters. Unlike the focus of the media on this team :D