PDA

View Full Version : Watching the "Where we pick. . ." status.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Regardless of tonight's game, Denver would be picking either 11th or 12th (interchangeable between them and Chicago) if the season were to end today. I just thought I'd bring this up so you can all keep track of where we're at as the season progresses.

Astrass
10-09-2007, 07:25 PM
How does this upcomming draft class look? I've not followed much college at all this year.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-09-2007, 09:06 PM
How does this upcomming draft class look? I've not followed much college at all this year.

It really depends on the position. It's an excellent draft at quarterback, offensive tackle, defensive end and linebacker. Wide receiver will be great with underclassmen and running back will improve with some juniors as well. Not many good interior line prospects, and this safety class is poor. There are some good top round defensive tackles, but little day two quality in my opinion. I think it'll be better than last year's draft for sure.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-09-2007, 11:19 PM
You mean in the opinion of those that write books that you read, right?

I highly doubt you've looked at all (2%?) of the jr's/sr's that are looking at coming out next year.

:tsk:

I have over two notebooks filled with reports on players based on the games I've watched so far this season. I don't have time to watch them all, but I'm confident in my assessment of around 50 of the top players who are seniors this year, as well as a handful of juniors, I try and keep my eye out for the D-I AA players I watch on a weekly basis up close and personal as well.

Do I happen to read the opinions of others to help re-enforce what I see and check for differences? Sure, but I follow college football religiously and keeping tabs on players is something I've been doing seriously for a while now. It's interesting to read the opinions of others, but I've never - ever taken anything from what someone else has written and put it in a notebook as my own. That's why reports tend to vary from person to person.

Never claimed to be a professional, just claim to follow the draft and college prospects as a serious hobby, and people happen to like the information I provide, and enjoy my opinion. People are also thankful for some of the rumors and ground breaking information (feel free to look back at the 2006 draft where I called pretty much everything on the first day to a T) from people who either go to Mobile, Indianapolis or have scouted for other teams, or are able to sit in with other teams during the process. I'm extremely lucky to have met some online and in real life who are able to give me that sort of information.

Personally, I can't wait to get to Mobile as soon as I have the money to be able to be at the Senior Bowl for a week and enjoy time down there with some of the guys. It'll likely be when I graduate, but it's a definite in the future.

Lonestar
10-10-2007, 02:32 PM
:listen:

Lets get back on topic here please.. We are discussing draft position and players..

:focus:

Retired_Member_001
10-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Obviously Jake Long will be a top 3 pick, but I wonder IF the season were to finish today, how much we would have to give to trade up for him.

Not like it would ever happen though, Shannahan prefers to protect his Quarterback with George Foster and Montrae Holland type players. :rolleyes:

lex
10-10-2007, 07:26 PM
I watched Wheeler play againts Maryland and I wasnt really THAT impressed. Perhaps I need to see more. I think he and Laurinaitis are a little overrated at this point.

Lonestar
11-02-2007, 12:19 PM
worse or same record than DEN as we speak
not necessarily in order on this list

Miami Dolphins 0-8
St. Louis Rams 0 8

1 Win teams
New York Jets 1 7
Atlanta Falcons 1 6

2 Win teams
Cincinnati Bengals 2-5
Oakland Raiders 2 5
Minnesota Vikings 2 5
San Francisco 49ers 2 5

3 Win teams
Buffalo Bills 3 4
Philadelphia Eagles 3 4
New Orleans Saints 3 4
Arizona Cardinals 3 4
Denver Broncos 3 4

So the best we would draft at this point would be #9.

underrated29
11-02-2007, 12:39 PM
worse or same record than DEN as we speak
not necessarily in order on this list

Miami Dolphins 0-8
St. Louis Rams 0 8

1 Win teams
New York Jets 1 7
Atlanta Falcons 1 6

2 Win teams
Cincinnati Bengals 2-5
Oakland Raiders 2 5
Minnesota Vikings 2 5
San Francisco 49ers 2 5

3 Win teams
Buffalo Bills 3 4
Philadelphia Eagles 3 4
New Orleans Saints 3 4
Arizona Cardinals 3 4
Denver Broncos 3 4

So the best we would draft at this point would be #9.

hey JR, i dont understand how you mean 9 as best?? oh, i see worst as best, gotchya.

I was seeing best as 13, but understand now that you mean draft pos. I havent looked at the Saints schedule or some of the others, but AZ has an easy one, and they should come away with some more wins, as well as the bengals,vikes and 9ers.

If we keep losing players like we lose games, we could certainly see around pick 6.7.8

Lonestar
11-03-2007, 12:07 AM
hey JR, i dont understand how you mean 9 as best?? oh, i see worst as best, gotchya.

I was seeing best as 13, but understand now that you mean draft pos. I havent looked at the Saints schedule or some of the others, but AZ has an easy one, and they should come away with some more wins, as well as the bengals,vikes and 9ers.

If we keep losing players like we lose games, we could certainly see around pick 6.7.8

What I was trying to say was the absolute best we could pick if the season ended now would be 9th I did not analyze in our group who would pick before or after us with all the tie break stuff.

I also guess I was amazed that there are this many bad teams this year.. 40% of the league is 3-4 or worse as we speak..

broncosinindy
11-03-2007, 08:34 AM
It really depends on the position. It's an excellent draft at quarterback, offensive tackle, defensive end and linebacker. Wide receiver will be great with underclassmen and running back will improve with some juniors as well. Not many good interior line prospects, and this safety class is poor. There are some good top round defensive tackles, but little day two quality in my opinion. I think it'll be better than last year's draft for sure.

I disaggree safety is not top heavy but itis deep.

lex
11-04-2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league&season=2007-REG&split=Overall

It looks like we are 8-12. Anyone know more precisely where we would be drafting after today?

Requiem / The Dagda
11-04-2007, 09:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league&season=2007-REG&split=Overall

It looks like we are 8-12. Anyone know more precisely where we would be drafting after today?

Strength of Schedule is the first-tie breaker, then divisional and conference records. . . with that said, it looks like we're 12th. A move up of three positions from last week! :)

lex
11-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Strength of Schedule is the first-tie breaker, then divisional and conference records. . . with that said, it looks like we're 12th. A move up of three positions from last week! :)

Youve already calculated that we're twelfth?

Requiem / The Dagda
11-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Youve already calculated that we're twelfth?

It wasn't too tough. That's the best we could be and with our SOS, it automatically puts us there.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Just check this thread. . . after Monday. . . or something.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=168028

lex
11-04-2007, 10:09 PM
It wasn't too tough. That's the best we could be and with our SOS, it automatically puts us there.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Just check this thread. . . after Monday. . . or something.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=168028

It depends. How much does ours drop since Indy has now lost. If Philly loses tonight, that buoys Dallas' record. Is that an equalizer? Maybe. Plus Chicago has played Detroit twice, and GB and MN once a piece so today adds a win to all of their records and that gives Chi + 4 in Opponents wins and us 2. Plus, Oakland, SD, JAX, and Indy all lost. It seems like it might be kind fo dynamic from week to week.

lex
11-04-2007, 10:36 PM
OK, I compiled the records and this is what I have for SOS:

8. Arizona 46.0%
9. Minnesota 56.3%
10. Philadelphia 58.5%
11. Denver 63.5%
12. Chicago 63.6%

lex
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
If Seattle loses, there will be 10 teams that are 4-5 and of those 10 teams, we draft last. Thats right, nine games into the season 1/3 of the leagues teams are 4-5.