PDA

View Full Version : Trent Dilfer - "Denver Possible Has the Best Defense in the NFL"

John Bad Elk
11-28-2011, 05:38 AM
So I stayed up all night to watch the game on AFN here in theater, game ends 0545 Afghanistan time and then I watch Sports Center and Dilfer is gushing over the Bronco's defense and the intangibles that Tebow brings to the table.

The media are starting to jump on the bandwagon.

BTW, Von Miller is awesome and he Broncos defense is playing lights out!

DenBronx
11-28-2011, 05:45 AM
You've had two pairs of gloves the whole time????

Uh yeaaaaah, It's tha rock ies!!!

Northman
11-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Well, there is the kiss of death. Liked it better when everyone was betting against us.

TXBRONC
11-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Well, there is the kiss of death. Liked it better when everyone was betting against us.

Yeah there's nothing worse than getting the kiss of death from an old bald former quarterback.

I want see Hoge's face because he has to looking like a man whose had his nuts cut off with a dull knife.

threefolddead
11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Our amazing Defense will continue to get lost in the shadow of all the Tebow B.S. Broncos fans know what they are watching for every game. The D is getting better every game and I haven't had this much fun watching a defense for a long long time.

Tned
11-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Yeah there's nothing worse than getting the kiss of death from an old bald former quarterback.

I want see Hoge's face because he has to looking like a man whose had his nuts cut off with a dull knife.

At least for now, he won't. He's bee like Dilfer, talking about "team" and how despite the fact he does nothing you expect a QB to do, some how Tebow makes the "team" believe they can win and play better. He said that in High School, College and now the NFL, Tebow has gotten the most from his players around him.

Dilfer didn't change his stance on Tebow at all, accept now to talk about how despite his failings as a QB, he inspires those around him to play great.

Tned
11-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Our amazing Defense will continue to get lost in the shadow of all the Tebow B.S. Broncos fans know what they are watching for every game. The D is getting better every game and I haven't had this much fun watching a defense for a long long time.

It's starting to get attention, as it should. Defense has been playing great during the winning spree.

CoachChaz
11-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Defense has been playing well...but it's still number 20 in the NFL, so let's not start stroking our wood quite yet

camdisco24
11-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Defense has been playing well...but it's still number 20 in the NFL, so let's not start stroking our wood quite yet

I wonder what they would be minus the GB and Det game. Just out of curiosity. Those games are kind of outliers the their performance this year.

TXBRONC
11-28-2011, 09:20 AM
At least for now, he won't. He's bee like Dilfer, talking about "team" and how despite the fact he does nothing you expect a QB to do, some how Tebow makes the "team" believe they can win and play better. He said that in High School, College and now the NFL, Tebow has gotten the most from his players around him.

Dilfer didn't change his stance on Tebow at all, accept now to talk about how despite his failings as a QB, he inspires those around him to play great.

That is true they are playing better a team in all three phases of the game.

I can respect critical analysis of Tebow's game as quarterback but what I think it's just wrong to make it personal the way Hoge has in the past.

CoachChaz
11-28-2011, 09:39 AM
I wonder what they would be minus the GB and Det game. Just out of curiosity. Those games are kind of outliers the their performance this year.

I'll be more curious after the NE game. Other than yesterday, they havent fared extremely well against the top offenses in the league.

So basically, it appears they are capable of stopping the teams lesser than them and incapable of stopping teams better than them. Sounds average to me.

Thnikkaman
11-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm not used to having this Defense. I was expecting the Chargers to march down and win that game last night.

Dreadnought
11-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I'll be more curious after the NE game. Other than yesterday, they havent fared extremely well against the top offenses in the league.

So basically, it appears they are capable of stopping the teams lesser than them and incapable of stopping teams better than them. Sounds average to me.

"Average" is still a huge step up from the 2007-2008, and 2010 Broncos defenses, Coach. I'll take what I can get. Plus, yesterday was the best we have ever defensed Philip Rivers (or the worst he has ever played v. us either/or). I do suspect the real motive for Dilfer slobbering over our much improved defense is in fact to avoid having to give any credit to the hated Tebow.

The defense is much improved, but I agree, NE will be an interesting test. In the past the one way to beat Brady is with a huge pass rush, so we are not as easy an out for the Pats this year.

TXBRONC
11-28-2011, 09:58 AM

Considering where Denver was for most of the last four or five years is that not an improvement?

MileHighCrew
11-28-2011, 10:00 AM
The D has been impressive. Who wasn't screaming for Von to make a play in the 4th and overtime yesterday. That kid is a beast.

Dreadnought
11-28-2011, 10:09 AM
The D has been impressive. Who wasn't screaming for Von to make a play in the 4th and overtime yesterday. That kid is a beast.

Its a far cry from watching Jamie Winborn posture after holding an opposing RB to only a seven yard gain

slim
11-28-2011, 10:10 AM
They (Dilfer and Hoge) were idiots 2 months ago.

They are still idiots.

MileHighCrew
11-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Its a far cry from watching Jamie Winborn posture after holding an opposing RB to only a seven yard gain

His hands on the side of the helmet dance was close to as bad as the you can't see me Lloyd/Gaffney dance on a 7 yard catch on 3 and 10 when down by 25.

camdisco24
11-28-2011, 10:26 AM
His hands on the side of the helmet dance was close to as bad as the you can't see me Lloyd/Gaffney dance on a 7 yard catch on 3 and 10 when down by 25.

:lol: Now thats the truth. I hated that.

catfish
11-28-2011, 10:34 AM
in other news Skip Bayless was practically dry humping the desk on first take this morning. It was actually pretty funny

Nomad
11-28-2011, 10:40 AM
in other news Skip Bayless was practically dry humping the desk on first take this morning. It was actually pretty funny

Did you hear the part where he said Elway is a very angry man with the current situation with Tebow. Bayless should be Tebow's agent.

Nomad
11-28-2011, 10:44 AM

They are still idiots.

Hoge was going off about the Bills receiver's (can't remember his name) td celebration dance about Buress shooting himself in the leg:lol:. I thought it was funny but the same receiver can't catch the ball when it matters most to win the game:ohwell:

catfish
11-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Did you hear the part where he said Elway is a very angry man with the current situation with Tebow. Bayless should be Tebow's agent.

yeah, I don't buy that talk for a second...I think if Tebow throws the ball for the rest of the year like he did last night Elway will be the happiest guy in Denver. They can use the first round pick on another position of need and he won't be dealing with fallout for not starting Tebow next year(and the fallout will be huge if he doesn't start)

BORDERLINE
11-28-2011, 11:24 AM
The defense has been playing out of their mind this past month. I hope they can keep it up. Von & Doom are monsters out there.

As for Dilfer for the most part he makes sense. I seen Hoge earlier today and when talking about the broncos again he zeroes in on Tebow's poor performance in the first 1 1/2 quarters and how bad he was on third downs. I'm like dude he is improving but you won't hear it from that guy. All he gave him credit for was not turning the ball over.

The defense does deserve the MAJORITY of the praise although I believe Teebs/McGahee tilting the possession battle and not turning the ball over has a lot to do with it. Chris Harris is improving and hope he continues too.

Nomad
11-28-2011, 11:51 AM
yeah, I don't buy that talk for a second...I think if Tebow throws the ball for the rest of the year like he did last night Elway will be the happiest guy in Denver. They can use the first round pick on another position of need and he won't be dealing with fallout for not starting Tebow next year(and the fallout will be huge if he doesn't start)

Yeah, Bayless has a hard on for Elway.

catfish
11-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah, Bayless has a hard on for Elway.

Tebow v Elway makes headlines...they are going to ride the conspiracy theory till the wheels fall off

nevcraw
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Dilfer and Hodgy are tool bags.. both are never were's who got a cushy tv gig.. I would rather watch lifetime then either one of those douches same for Kiper.

Thnikkaman
11-28-2011, 12:33 PM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[VONDOOM]&set=key[number],value[58]&set=key[displaysize],value[500]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p2754894_customback.chain]

DenBronx
11-28-2011, 12:50 PM

They are still idiots.

Dilfy is starting to come around, as are some other blokes in the media. Their all bandwagoners anyway...

Hope they brought enough salt and pepper for the crow their going to eat once we make it into the playoffs.

vhatever
11-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I'd be leary of any talking heads who bagged on tebow (95%) who suddenly want to sing the praises of the broncos D. i even saw someone on ESPN saying basically that tebow wins because of divine intervention, essentially.

Their only concern is saving face and covering for all their idiotic predictions the broncos would be a joke with tebow at QB, nothing more.

rcsodak
11-28-2011, 01:47 PM
So I stayed up all night to watch the game on AFN here in theater, game ends 0545 Afghanistan time and then I watch Sports Center and Dilfer is gushing over the Bronco's defense and the intangibles that Tebow brings to the table.

The media are starting to jump on the bandwagon.

BTW, Von Miller is awesome and he Broncos defense is playing lights out!
Thank you for your service. :salute:

Dilfer's a dork. Possiblyy best D? Wow!
Sorry, trent, but they wouldnt be giving up the yards they do, and not getting turnovers, if they were possibly the best D.

Granted, they're playing better, but most importantly, together and disciplined.

Otoh, though, SD had scrubs on their Oline and was missing one of their better wr's....not to minimize the 'norv factor'. ;')

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
11-28-2011, 01:51 PM

Exactly. And knowing they may not put many points up offensively, they know they need to play with a slim margin for error. More succinctly, playing scared?

Eh....whatever works. Keep it up, D.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Tned
11-28-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm not used to having this Defense. I was expecting the Chargers to march down and win that game last night.

Yep, and as they have at times had a team march down the field on them, I'm not a complete believer yet. However, in crunch time they seem to come up big.

I Eat Staples
11-28-2011, 08:01 PM
I thought our defense was average and overrated until yesterday's game. I expected Rivers to dominate us like usual but yesterday was a much different story. Now, some of it has to do with Rivers just not playing the way he used to this year, but our defense is legit.

It's not the best in the league, and I'm not convinced we can consistently shut down good teams, but this is a major step in the right direction. Imagine what our coaching staff can do when we actually build a more talented defense around the core pieces.

HammeredOut
11-29-2011, 09:59 AM
I said it before, but this looks a lot like the 09' Jets Defense. Dilfer needs to start reading my posts.