PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels gets paid, but..... so does Shanny:

turftoad
01-20-2009, 03:25 PM
January 20, 2009, 10:41
Broncos

HC McDaniels Contract Update

Mike Klis, Denver Post -

According to an NFL source, Broncos HC Josh McDaniels signed a four-year, $11.9 million contract, beginning at about $2.2 million this year. It will rise to about $3.7 million in 2012, the final season of his deal. Coupled with the remaining contract of at least $20 million to Mike Shanahan, who was fired Dec. 30, owner Pat Bowlen will pay more than $28 million to two head coaches over the next three years, an average of more than $9.3 million a year.

G_Money
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
As long as Shanny can't find a job, yeah.

~G

honz
01-20-2009, 03:39 PM
If nothing else it shows you that Bowlen really cares about this team and simply wants to win another Super Bowl. That's a ton of money dedicated to simply paying your head coach(es).

turftoad
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
As long as Shanny can't find a job, yeah.

~G

With the lack of opportunities out there this year, I think Shanahan takes the year off.
Unless, something funny happens in Dallas.

CoachChaz
01-20-2009, 03:53 PM
With the lack of opportunities out there this year, I think Shanahan takes the year off.

Which it will. If we've learned ANYTHING about Jerry jones it should be that he will always do the unexpected in order to win.

The problem i foresee is Shanny not wanting some of the power.

G_Money
01-20-2009, 03:53 PM

True, but then you just don’t add a Marlon McCree for $2 million, stay $2 mil under the cap and the money’s even.

As a bonus, your team plays better without McCree on the field.

We’re paying an extra 2 mil this year to pay both Shanny and McDaniels, but not butchering just ONE free-agent signing makes the money back for Bowlen. Hosting a playoff game would also help sometime in the next few years would also help.

We’ll be okay.

~G

Broncogator
01-20-2009, 03:55 PM

HC positions continue to get filled and Shannys name is never even mentioned in interview talk

CoachChaz
01-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Because he kind of made it obvious he would take a year off

Lonestar
01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
HC positions continue to get filled and Shannys name is never even mentioned in interview talk

Hmmmmm I guess there are HC positions available but no King slots....